PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

[quote name='a_dirty_shisno']this price for swarm is wrong. I know it says that on the ps blog but i just downloaded the swarm demo to check out the game and i noticed that the full game is priced at $14.99..[/quote]

starts 7/12

I told myself I was going to hoard my current PSN funds for Journey and a good PSX game that might ever come out in the future (hopefully Tombi!), but Hard Corps is too good to pass up at that price.

Darn!! Have PAC man, Shank, and Scott Pilgrim already! BTW- All are worth every penny!!

Oh yeah, DDP I followed what the CAG post said about the xtra month of PSN plus and it worked for me too. Extended until 8/2. Then I bought the anniversary plus package which gives you 1yr and 3 months and it showed up as it expires 11/12! Worked out good.

For the month extension. I just went to the psn store hit the welcome back and it was there. Purchased it and it extended it for another month! That is why I love CAGers!!!

Chime (looks fantastic)
Hard Corps
Scott Pilgrim
Shank

Swarm OR Pixel Junk for the last of the 2 games which will run me a whopping $30...not sure on the last two of these games

Will be mine, solid deal, thank you PS!

Already own Pac-Man CE DX on Xbox but I'll gladly buy it again on PS3 for double dip trophies.

Tempted to pick up BTTF as well. $9.79 seems like a pretty solid deal.

I didnt even activate my free Playstation Plus 30 Day subscription as part of the welcome back program and only downloaded the 2 playstatin 3 games and didnt even use the 2 psp games downloads!
I called Playstation and asked to see if something can be done like an extension but they said "no"....
These bastards kept giving extension for the network being down and always promised it will be back up in a few days when we was all upset and kept hoping it will be back up soon but they kept dragging and dragging the dates, but when it comes to the costumers - they dont want to do nothing.
Never I said anything bad about sony but in this case - Sony You Suck Balls.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I called Playstation and asked to see if something can be done like an extension but they said "no"....
Never I said anything bad about sony but in this case - Sony You Suck Balls.[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure they could hear you crying in the background?

[quote name='D0RC']Back to the Future includes all the episodes?[/QUOTE]

yes, although i dont believe the 5th episode (outatime) is out on psn yet. but when it gets released you will own it.

personally, i'll be getting pj shooter 2 and pac dx. still deciding on scott pilgrim even though i have all 6 vol. of the manga.

[quote name='PublikDefender']personally, i'll be getting pj shooter 2 and pac dx. still deciding on scott pilgrim even though i have all 6 vol. of the manga.[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY reccomend scott pilgrim! It has many nods to the graphic novels and is such a steal for less than $5. Also the gameplay is amazing and the music is amazing (its by anamanaguchi) and the graphics are amazing. Everything about it is just fantastic. I bought it for 9.99 and i dont regret it one bit.

I agree with Magicman... Scott Pilgrim is one of my favorite games on PSN. Definitely worth it at $5 even at $10.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I didnt even activate my free Playstation Plus 30 Day subscription as part of the welcome back program and only downloaded the 2 playstatin 3 games and didnt even use the 2 psp games downloads!
I called Playstation and asked to see if something can be done like an extension but they said "no"....
These bastards kept giving extension for the network being down and always promised it will be back up in a few days when we was all upset and kept hoping it will be back up soon but they kept dragging and dragging the dates, but when it comes to the costumers - they dont want to do nothing.
Never I said anything bad about sony but in this case - Sony You Suck Balls.[/QUOTE]This is a joke post, right?

[quote name='Magicman103']For all those curious about back to the future, tell tale made the first episode free on pc! All you need to do is make a tell tale account and you can download it.

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf[/QUOTE]

I think PSN has a BttF demo of episode 1 as well. At least, they did. That's how I originally checked it out. The short demo was enough for me to know that I need this game, lol. Just couldn't fork over $20 for it at the time. Now that it's less than $10, I'm all over this!

Interesting. I am likely to grab PixelJunk Shooter 2. Loved the first one. Maybe Shank. Thanks OP for the news. Little pissed I bought Back to the future for $25 the other day.

[quote name='plutoknight']Might use my PSPlus from the Welcome Back program to purchase PacMan and Pixeljunk Shooter 2. that's all I really want..[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what I'll be grabbing. Loved PixelJunk Shooter and have been itching for Pac-Man since I played the demo.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I didnt even activate my free Playstation Plus 30 Day subscription as part of the welcome back program and only downloaded the 2 playstatin 3 games and didnt even use the 2 psp games downloads!
Never I said anything bad about sony but in this case - Sony You Suck Balls.[/QUOTE]

imgres

You should grab a hammer and start smashing your Ps3. That would teach Sony a lesson. Those Bastichs!!!

[quote name='video-gamer']i didnt even activate my free playstation plus 30 day subscription as part of the welcome back program and only downloaded the 2 playstatin 3 games and didnt even use the 2 psp games downloads!
I called playstation and asked to see if something can be done like an extension but they said "no"....
Never i said anything bad about sony but in this case - sony you suck balls.[/quote]

ahahahahahhahahahahahahaaa.....ahhahahahha

AAAAAAAHHHH! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

"I had a coupon that expired a week ago, fuck YOU COUPON!!!!!!!!!!!"

[quote name='Gerry P.']This is a joke post, right?[/QUOTE]

It has to be considering they extended the welcome back program for a little bit at the end. I guess someone could be that stupid but I would hope not...

Definately recommend Dead Space Extraction, especially if you're looking for something decent to play with your Move.

I would recommend Pac-man to anyone on the fence! It is such an amazing game, music and graphics are great and it's a blast to play. I use it as a way to unwind after long BF:BC 2 sessions.

Scott Pilgrim is also good if you like old-school beat'em ups (ie, Double Dragon, Battle Toads)

Hard Corps: Uprising is everything you loved about Contra only updated!

So pissed I bought Hard Corps on Xbox Tuesday! Oh well!

After reading this post I realized I REALLY like exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, my 30 days of free plus is already up... kind of lame that last year's summer sale was 50% off everything, now they force you to pay for plus if you want the same discount :cry:

What I'm interested in is the Full Game Trial of Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood. I was debating picking it up for $30 this week, but I'd totally be in for picking up a digital copy if it was same price or less.

Otherwise I'll probabaly be in for Pixeljunk Shooter 2 ad BttF.

[quote name='awp']Definately recommend Dead Space Extraction, especially if you're looking for something decent to play with your Move.[/QUOTE]

This. Even without move I enjoyed it, but after going through it again with the sharpshooter, its awesome.

Will be getting 7 of the 11 games. Now I need to figure out if I want the three months or one year psn plus package.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Damn, my 30 days of free plus is already up... kind of lame that last year's summer sale was 50% off everything, now they force you to pay for plus if you want the same discount :cry:[/QUOTE]

you kinda have to know they won't put anything good when everyone has plus. i waited til the last possible minute to activate my free plus and now i'm gonna reap the rewards this tuesday.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Will be getting 7 of the 11 games. Now I need to figure out if I want the three months or one year psn plus package.[/QUOTE]

Go with the 1 year, it'll be worth it. Not sure if it's still valid, but they were giving a bonus 3 months recently too, making it just $3.33 a month

[quote name='Magicman103']yup, plus the ps3 version is superior to the xbox version simply because you can execute a certain glitch or exploit that makes it easier to level up ;). trust me your gonna need it. the game can get pretty hard especially when your playing by yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDNuzDzjmDY[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Work anymore...... it appears to have been patched.

bread's done
Back