PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

[quote name='Muthafodder']Well, they really stick to their guns.
Finally, a supervisor mentioned the refund process, but it isn't guaranteed.
And I'd much rather not drop any more money on the PSN if it isn't reversed.
I didn't even need it...and they don't seem to care.
Shame...I was really wanting a lot of these games and I've been very faithful to Sony over the years...this just stings a little.

Don't want to get banned, now I'm worried a refund might trigger that...

fuuuuu.gif

Why in the hell would they still advertise this if it isn't available...it confirmed the three months all the way through the checkout process...[/QUOTE]

You're only looking at an extra 84 cents a month for missing out on the deal and Plus is great. While it sucks you missed out on the bonus months, I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker, and I definitely wouldn't risk getting banned over it.

I bought the plan yesterday and I don't know if I got the bonus 3 months attached either, but if I didn't, it's not that big of a deal cause I was going to re-subscribe anyways.

[quote name='ShadyAve']Stupid question, but i downloaded shank and scott pilgrim but i can't find them.[/QUOTE]

Look for the little "bubble" icons in the middle of Games. There should be an icon from the game/boxart inside of a rounded rectangular bubble or capsule. You need to select that to install the game, think of it like a .zip file.

If that isn't the issue then all I can think of is it didn't finish downloading or downloaded improperly.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You're only looking at an extra 84 cents a month for missing out on the deal and Plus is great. While it sucks you missed out on the bonus months, I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker, and I definitely wouldn't risk getting banned over it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you came up with your figures...I look at it as a $17.99 value.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']That is a big ouch for me. I was seriously considering this game but I don't want to have to grind levels just to beat it. Especially since it doesn't have online. This will be a pass for me now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']Someone mentioned earlier that there was a way to level up quick in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDNuzDzjmDY[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that this still works.

It took about 5 minutes and I max leveled up to 16, got 100 in all the categories and still have over 6000 remaining. If you have more than one controller there's no reason why leveling up should prevent you from playing this

[quote name='GDKN-403']Look for the little "bubble" icons in the middle of Games. There should be an icon from the game/boxart inside of a rounded rectangular bubble or capsule. You need to select that to install the game, think of it like a .zip file.

If that isn't the issue then all I can think of is it didn't finish downloading or downloaded improperly.[/QUOTE]
yea normally when i download that's where the game go, but for some reason they're not showing up. This is very confusing, frustrating, and odd.

[quote name='ShadyAve']yea normally when i download that's where the game go, but for some reason they're not showing up. This is very confusing, frustrating, and odd.[/QUOTE]

Are they in your Download List? If so, try and re-download them

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are they in your Download List? If so, try and re-download them[/QUOTE]
Yea they are in my download list. and i re-downloaded them both several time times now and nothing. I don't get it.

Decided to grab Scott Pilgrim along with PJS2 and Pac-Man CEDX. Had my wife play the demo and she enjoyed it. Now I've got someone to do co-op with :)

[quote name='ShadyAve']Yea they are in my download list. and i re-downloaded them both several time times now and nothing. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Did you download both the demo and the full game unlock? This happened to me as well before I realized the "Full Game" actually just unlocks the full game from the demo.

[quote name='ShadyAve']Yea they are in my download list. and i re-downloaded them both several time times now and nothing. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Well that's strange. I really have no idea what to suggest but I hope it sorts itself out

[quote name='Muthafodder']Not sure how you came up with your figures...I look at it as a $17.99 value.[/QUOTE]

$50/15 months is $3.33 a month.

$50/12 months is $4.17 a month.

[quote name='brandonandtiff']Ugh, my wallet is $0.68 short for Pixeljunk Shooter 2 and Tales from Space: About a Blob, and the least it'll let me add from credit card is $5.00 :([/QUOTE]

My wallet has $0.66 left after buying:
Dead Space Extraction
Pac-Man
Chime
Scott Pilgrim DLC

I would buy dead space extraction if i didnt already have dead space 2.
it's such a great game to pick up and play and then forget and then play again.
so yeah, after this sale im gonna have every game they had on sale... i have problems.
i got a few of these for full price and still havnt played them yet... i have to dedicate a whole month/s to just playing psn games and clearing them up... since there is no tiv i have like no real incentive to get through them tho, lol

Guys if you havent played back to the future the game you should definitely pick it up if your a fan of point and click adventure games, or better yet a fan of the movies.
Its such awesome fan service it left me grinning almost the entire time. Its nice to revisit the world of bttf after like 24 years :D.
You MUST buy this game! plus, this deal sony is having beats steams deal on bttf the game :D now thats just crazy and unlike sony.
Do yourself a huge favor and step back into the world of Marty and Doc's wonderful time traveling adventures.

ps. the guy who plays Marty (A.J. Locascio) sounds extremely similar to Michael J. Fox its almost scary! Seriously look him up.

[quote name='AoA']Is BTTF like the gameplay in the Monkey Island games?[/QUOTE]

Yup they are both point and click games. Check out some gameplay from bttf the game.
also im pretty sure there is a demo on the ps store and you can also download the entire first episode for free from the tell tale website simply for making an account if your still unsure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwatOcvpVsY

Even though my plus was supposed to end 3 days ago, it didn't was able to grab the 1/2 off deals on Pixeljunk Swarm and About a Blob

am a happy camper.

Tried the demo for most of them. Pacman's controls are spot on, but I can't picture myself playing it much. Seems like the perfect game if you are remotely a pacman fan though.

Chime has nice music. It's almost like tangrams + tetris + any game with a combo system.

Haven't tried Scott Pilgrim, but it's the thing I wanted to buy, having just recently seen the movie.

Tried BttF, and I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this. Not into it, and I loved the 90s adventure games. I'm not a huge BttF fan though.

They're only missing a Hard Corps demo on the sale page (it might be somewhere in the store). Ended up downloading the Xbox demo to give a try. I'm looking into it since people seem to be raving about it.

Glad they decided to put the Scott Pilgrim DLC on sale too. The game and the DLC were on sale on XBL the last time there was a sale for it.

[quote name='AoA']Is BTTF like the gameplay in the Monkey Island games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, lots of dialogue, and puzzles involving items you find while exploring an area.

Well shoot. Swarm is $7 instead of the $5 PS Plus price the Blog had indicated. Not sure if I still want it at that price.

bttf is tempting, but i got the entire sam and max collection recently for nearly the same price. the difference in value is making me hesitate.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']question, since the PS plus update on 7/19 will have the Borderlands GOTY edition for 14.99 plus price. Will i still be able to play the after my ps plus expires? It seems like a great price![/QUOTE]

Yes anything you buy when you have plus stays with you.

Hah, apparently Sony really wants everyone to know about this sale. Just got this in my PS3 inbox:

108_0028.png

108_0029.png

108_0030.png

Oh man, "peak your interest" :lol: Informing someone that a game that they voted to be best PS3 game is on sale seems kind of irrelevant, though I wasn't like most other people and actually voted based on what I owned rather than what I wanted to go on sale in that contest because they offered wallpapers (that ended up sucking) based on what you voted for.

Can't blame Sony for wanting to publicize this, but it's just odd as I don't recall ever receiving an advertisement message from them.

I forgot to get that extra month of PS+ a few days back so mine seems to have expired yesterday or today. Not sure if I want Hard Corps for $10 and change, but for sure still getting Risk: Factions.

[quote name='Zir0']I'm thinking about picking up Scott Pilgrim, but can anyone tell me whether the other people playing local co-op can earn trophies? I haven't played any local co-op games on my PS3 but I remember reading since the PS3 logs in users by system rather than by controller like the 360 that it's not natively supported and the games have to support the feature independently. Does anyone know if Scott Pilgrim supports multiple users earning trophies? If not, I'll probably just wait and get it on 360 when there's a deal.[/QUOTE]

I'd like this answered as well as to just how multiple profile friendly the co-op is. Anyone?

I only recently purchased a second PS3 controller and am finding the local co-op aspects of the system to be a total clusterfuck of confusion as to which games support multiple profiles and to what extent. (Borderlands next week will be more of the same researching but not finding definitive answers after X amount of patches:cry:)

EDIT: Well hunted down my Borderlands multiple profiles question and it was apparently patched in with 1.30 on PS3. That's a relief.

My plus expired on the 10th but it still let me buy at Plus prices. Picked up dead space extraction, hard corps, and scott pilgrim for $20.

Whoa I hadn't realized what DX's gameplay was all about until last night. I am friggin' addicted to PAC-Man DX I bought it and played a few rounds, it certainly kept me more entertained than Crysis 2.

[quote name='Ed_']Whoa I hadn't realized what DX's gameplay was all about until last night. I am friggin' addicted to PAC-Man DX I bought it and played a few rounds, it certainly kept me more entertained than Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I am not even a big Pac Man fan, but I couldnt help but play a few rounds even though I was only supposed to play one before the wife started bitching. Great fun.

so went ahead and purchased the sword using DLC character for Hard Corp but am interested on first-hand impressions for the other 2 DLC characters from CAG users.

I knew this sale was going to start the day after my free psn+ subscription ran out. I wonder how many others were screwed like that and if Sony planned it that way. I tried to still get some games at the psn+ discount, but was denied.

[quote name='wayno187']I knew this sale was going to start the day after my free psn+ subscription ran out. I wonder how many others were screwed like that and if Sony planned it that way. I tried to still get some games at the psn+ discount, but was denied.[/QUOTE]

Thats strange because mine said it expired on 7/10 but it still has the plus next to my name and I got plus pricing.

[quote name='Apostle22']Thats strange because mine said it expired on 7/10 but it still has the plus next to my name and I got plus pricing.[/QUOTE]

They extended the welcome back program 2 days so that's probably why you were still a member on the 12th

[quote name='wayno187']I knew this sale was going to start the day after my free psn+ subscription ran out. I wonder how many others were screwed like that and if Sony planned it that way. I tried to still get some games at the psn+ discount, but was denied.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think they planned this season called Summer to happen around this time of the year too. Surely the fact that they have an annual Summer PSN sale has nothing to do with this. Those Evil conniving bastards!

If they really wanted to plan it some way, they'd just have the sale well past the last day you could sign up for the free month.

Question, my account is PSN+ and if I buy the games with the PSN+ discount, will the other non-PSN+ accounts on my PS3 be able to play them too? Thanks!

bread's done
Back