PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

I also read that article and the last paragraph read: "Castle Crashers, another former XBLA-exclusive was also revealed as free content for PSN Plus subscribers."

Damn lucky Europeans. =(

I got scott pilgrim. It's so much fun. Thinking about Chime & Shooter 2. Is it silly to buy shooter 2 if I don't have the first one?

I got Chime Super Deluxe, thanks to the deals. I am still debating if I should go for the full Hard Corps: Uprising experience (game with all the DLC, Sayuri really interests me) since it will only cost me $11.03USD total.

Does Hard Corps: Uprising lock me out from playing it with my friend through a shared account? He already has the game for the 360, and I cannot convince him to buy it on the PS3 again. The concern exists because Final Fight: Double Impact does not allow for sharing, and Hard Corps: Uprising was released afterwards, so in theory other developers could follow suit.

[quote name='Crono-00']I got Chime Super Deluxe, thanks to the deals. I am still debating if I should go for the full Hard Corps: Uprising experience (game with all the DLC, Sayuri really interests me) since it will only cost me $11.03USD total.

Does Hard Corps: Uprising lock me out from playing it with my friend through a shared account? He already has the game for the 360, and I cannot convince him to buy it on the PS3 again. The concern exists because Final Fight: Double Impact does not allow for sharing, and Hard Corps: Uprising was released afterwards, so in theory other developers could follow suit.[/QUOTE]

I know Capcom is a big fan of making the user wait 24 hours to play on another system. Haven't heard anything about Konami regarding this. Give it a try and if it fails then back to convincing him to purchase it.

[quote name='Crono-00']I got Chime Super Deluxe, thanks to the deals. I am still debating if I should go for the full Hard Corps: Uprising experience (game with all the DLC, Sayuri really interests me) since it will only cost me $11.03USD total.

Does Hard Corps: Uprising lock me out from playing it with my friend through a shared account? He already has the game for the 360, and I cannot convince him to buy it on the PS3 again. The concern exists because Final Fight: Double Impact does not allow for sharing, and Hard Corps: Uprising was released afterwards, so in theory other developers could follow suit.[/QUOTE]

I've gameshared it with a friend and it works fine (we've been playing online co-op).

Last edited by a moderator:
8eo8K.jpg

A little update for those interested in regards to purchasing the PlayStation Plus 1 year package with 3 free months.

I received a call today from a very nice gentleman and was informed the charge was reversed and he could assure me such. I just can't believe that their CS wouldn't just assure me the charge would be reversed after explaining what had happened. They could clearly see on my account that I was already a paid annual member since Oct-2010...and they should have removed the advertising if they were not linking it to the promotion any longer. I also am in disbelief that their 'supervisors' are not empowered to think outside the box with users data history at their hands.

I didn't even think I would hear a response and simply asked for a refund that wouldn't affect my standing with them, or the 3 free months that I thought I was purchasing, or the value of the 3 months ($17.99). The personalized response I received today letting me know the charge was reversed as well as a little extra went above and beyond. He also thanked me for the clear, blunt, and to the point message I had sent.

Attaching a picture of some of the items I own for their current console generation might have encouraged them to listen.
IMG_9859.jpg

I'm just happy I can continue loving my Sony brand without any hard feelings :)

Now I can go spend more $$ on the PSN!

[quote name='dramasetter929']question...just picked up BTTF and noticed there were only 4 out of 5 episodes. Was the fifth episode released on the PS3 yet?[/QUOTE]
Not yet, you'll be able to download it once it releases. I'm not sure when that is though

[quote name='Muthafodder']
IMG_9859.jpg

I'm just happy I can continue loving my Sony brand without any hard feelings :)

Now I can go spend more $$ on the PSN![/QUOTE]

What brand is that dvd shelving unit:) i want one!

Picked up a couple last night. Wanted more but then saw the $49.xx total in my cart and immediately deleted the majority of it. Ended up getting BttF Series, PacMan, and PJ Shooter 2 just under $20 with my Plus account. Might pick up a couple more once i get paid on friday.

I know I'm going to pick up quite a few things haven't done it yet though, I missed out on lab rats last week. =(

lol@the guy complaining about his FREE subscription running out.

OK, probably a stupid question: I have a bunch of credit on my PSN account, but a family member has Plus on another account. Is there some way to either share the funds to buy a discounted game on the Plus account or take advantage of the Plus price on the non-Plus account that already has funds? I've been sitting on this credit and would prefer to spend it rather than just add more money to the other account, but it's hard to pass up the 20% price difference...

[quote name='au7oma7ic']I'm sorry Muthafoodder...in the end, just take it for what it is, shrug it off...I mean, its only 3 months free over a years time.

In the meantime, I was able to purchase Burnout (I know, old deal, but God I forgot how awesome this game is), Shank, Scotty Pilgrim, Chime, Hardcorps, and I still have about 20 of credit...

I come to the CAG members for assistance.

Do I bother to grab any of these?

-Swarm
-Pixel 2 (never player Shooter 1 or any of the other Pixel Junk games, just the demos)
-Back to the Future (I honestly don't even remember the BTTF movies, nor have I really played any of the telltale games)

Are those games worth the purchase, when I can buy Outland or Beyond Good and Evil for 10 bucks, or potentially save the 20 for when those games or others go on sale?[/QUOTE]

If I was in the position to get Swarm, Pixel 2 & BttF just get them now. Since they are on sale it will only last a short time. Already had Swarm but picked up the other 2 plus some others.

I have Outland already and it's a great game. Waiting for a sale on BG&E since I have lots to play from this sale.

The is CAG just save the money now. The price on the Outland and BG&E will stay $9.99 I think.

Also picked up Chime thanks for the recommendation.

[quote name='Bumslie']If I was in the position to get Swarm, Pixel 2 & BttF just get them now. Since they are on sale it will only last a short time.[/QUOTE]

Bttf is really holding me back, I want to get them but I would kick myself in the ass if they were offered for free like Sam & Max were for ps+ users.

They could be offered for free, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'd say next year at the earliest, but I doubt it'll ever happen

[quote name='wayno187']I knew this sale was going to start the day after my free psn+ subscription ran out. I wonder how many others were screwed like that and if Sony planned it that way. I tried to still get some games at the psn+ discount, but was denied.[/QUOTE]

I'm so full of lulz. Thank you.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They could be offered for free, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'd say next year at the earliest, but I doubt it'll ever happen[/QUOTE]

True, since I think the likelihood of there being any sequels that would need to be promoted by giving away the original for free is not likely to happen.

What is more likely is there being a better deal on Steam at some point, which is why I'm not going to buy (Along with two unplayed seasons of Sam & Max and a season of Strongbad episodes that are sitting on my Steam account.)

i picked up swarm, pixel junk shooters 2, pacman, and chime.

dont think ill ever finish my backlog. ive played 1 of the 6 games i got in the last sale and still have a few on the shelf.

I picked up Back to the Future, PJ Shooter 2, and Dead Space: Extraction thus far. I'm really tempted by Tales from Space and Swarm but I swore to myself I would start to be better with these sales. They're both over $7, which makes it a little easier resist, but both of their gameplay videos look like a lot of fun.

Can anyone convince me one way or the other about these from personal experience? Oh heck, it probably doesn't even matter. I know I'll be picking them up by the end of the week.

Played the Chime demo. Didn't get what the hell I was doing at first, but eventually it clicked and I find it a bit addictive. Kind of like Tetris meets Lumines or something.

Got me Pacman, Chime, BTTF, PJ Shooter 2 plus I grabbed Burnout and all the DLC.
I am now out of money and just in time as my PS+ just ran out.
Worked out well for me.

Grabbed scott pilgrim and knives dlc, gamestop has the 3.00 psn card rewards cards back instock if anyone want to cash in to buy psn games

I'm having a hard time choosing between hard corps and pixel junk shooter 2. Anyone pick up or already played hard corps is it worth the money?

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm having a hard time choosing between hard corps and pixel junk shooter 2. Anyone pick up or already played hard corps is it worth the money?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there's a demo, try it. Either way though hard corps is fucking great. Especially if you have a co-op friend. I enjoy the pixel junk shooter games, but hard corps has gotten at least double the playtime in my house. It's a great side scrolling shooter, and the RPG mechanics give it tons of replay value.

It's got that same contra feeling too, where you struggle to complete a section and when you finally do are saddened to realize that it's just going to get harder. The RPG mechanic makes your failed attempts steel feel like progress, and allows you to practice for the traditional game mode if that's your thing.

I don't know about you guys, but goddamn I love Shank. Sure its super repetitive and the platforming holds your hand more than the first Prince of Persia on PS3...but the style this game oozes is incredible. Killing guys with such cool looking moves makes me feel so bad ass....even if I do the same move about 40 times a minute for the games obscenely short 3 hour playthrough.

I beat the game than instantly started a new one again.

I havent even touched Pilgrim, Pixel Junk, or Hard Corps because Shank and Chime are taking all my PSN time (and Oblivion arrived yesterday...)

And for five bucks you can't go wrong. If anyone is a fan of Samurai Jack, Robert Rodriguez, QT, or even a little Bruce Timm you need to grab it. And if you are a fan of high sty, than you probably already have played through numerous times.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm having a hard time choosing between hard corps and pixel junk shooter 2. Anyone pick up or already played hard corps is it worth the money?[/QUOTE]

I finished all of the missions in hard corps online with a friend today, and it's definitely my favorite contra/metal slug type game I've played. If you like those type of games, it's a must buy. The DLC is also totally worth buying too (for only $3 total). Or if you decide to not get all the DLC, at least get Sayuri. She's fucking amazing.

Bought Hard Corps and about to get Back to the Future. Been a while since I played a Telltale game so I'm looking forward to it.

[quote name='sunghost']Or if you decide to not get all the DLC, at least get Sayuri. She's fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely the one to get. I picked up both Sayuri and Leviathan. Leviathan's gameplay is a nice twist with his special moves, but I'll admit I bought him solely because of his name. Harvey just doesn't seem that appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got pacman, bttf, and pjs2. Now I have to decide between shank and spvw. Shank is looking like the winner or I may just have to go out and buy another $20 card.

It's Risk with some minor rule changes and animations. Not much else to say about it. Didn't care for it personally. I think I'll stick to the board game.

[quote name='imacgod']It's Risk with some minor rule changes and animations. Not much else to say about it. Didn't care for it personally. I think I'll stick to the board game.[/QUOTE]

Tried it when it came out. The extra animation feels like it subtracted from the enjoyment, since I thought it was silly, and it was just stuck between moves, instead of integrated.

[quote name='imacgod']It's Risk with some minor rule changes and animations. Not much else to say about it. Didn't care for it personally. I think I'll stick to the board game.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks. Not worth than the money then. Just hard corps for me this sale then.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']if you guys are having trouble biting, there is some guy on ebay selling a ton of $50 psn cards for $34.

http://shop.ebay.com/lepo_pool/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=200

im guessing he bought them all with a stolen credit card or something, theres no legit way to get this cheap. but hes got 100% feedback. $100 for $68 isnt bad, 32% off...[/QUOTE]

yes because we should support sellers that possibly stole someone's credit cards :roll:

[quote name='sunghost']I finished all of the missions in hard corps online with a friend today, and it's definitely my favorite contra/metal slug type game I've played. If you like those type of games, it's a must buy. The DLC is also totally worth buying too (for only $3 total). Or if you decide to not get all the DLC, at least get Sayuri. She's fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

i have her nearly fully upgraded. She is a BEAST in rising mode. Worth the 1.25 if on plus. She makes mince meat out of any of the bosses and when you unlock her 2x attack.......its pretty much easy mode from there on out against the bosses at least.

caved in bought Bttf. I need a telltale fix and after playing the demo, i was roped in. kind of makes me want to play Strong bad again lol.

Who knows how they were acquired? It was only my guess. Maybe a store in his area was going out of business and foolishly included psn cards on their half off sale. Maybe he won 100 of them in a contest to see who can run into the most parked cars.

If you want to pay $50 for one be my guest, just trying to help those who want to save even more money, since this is cag after all.

All I know is that they are cheap. The rest is up to your imagination and "integrity"

oh btw, I have everything complete in rising mode, and just need all the trophies for arcade in Hard Corps. Is sayuri really that good in arcade mode?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']Who knows how they were acquired? It was only my guess. Maybe a store in his area was going out of business and foolishly included psn cards on their half off sale. Maybe he won 100 of them in a contest to see who can run into the most parked cars.

If you want to pay $50 for one be my guest, just trying to help those who want to save even more money, since this is cag after all.

All I know is that they are cheap. The rest is up to your imagination and "integrity"

oh btw, I have everything complete in rising mode, and just need all the trophies for arcade in Hard Corps. Is sayuri really that good in arcade mode?[/QUOTE]

fuck it, I bought one. Thanks!

On topic- So I picked up hard corps. I will be buying Sayuri also. My question is, are the other two characters worth buying?

[quote name='Brother Daz']fuck it, I bought one. Thanks!

On topic- So I picked up hard corps. I will be buying Sayuri also. My question is, are the other two characters worth buying?[/QUOTE]

i bought them. Harley is pretty powerful compared to Bahamut and Krystal but he has slow maneuverability so he will have massive problems in the later stages which need that.

Leviathan is awesome once he is upgraded. He starts out with 1 life but he has pretty cool Dark Arts that make him unique like Sayuri.

I say buy Leviathan since its only a buck and he is a challenge but no need to buy Harley.

Just bought that 50 dollar PSN ebay thing....for 34 bucks its a great deal. Normally i wouldnt buy a card but I know i want to get limbo so itll be gone soon

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Just bought that 50 dollar PSN ebay thing....for 34 bucks its a great deal. Normally i wouldnt buy a card but I know i want to get limbo so itll be gone soon[/QUOTE]

I already received my code, 5 minutes after checking out. Worked without a problem.:bouncy:

bread's done
Back