PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/19/the-drop-week-of-august-20th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – With the stakes higher and scale bigger than ever, fans will control an unprecedented assortment of Transformers characters armed with authentic transformation designed around their unique abilities, including Grimlock’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus. Taking the franchise’s competitive online play to all-new heights, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron pits players head-to-head in blistering Autobot vs. Decepticon matches.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS3 and PS Vita) – Once underway, players take the role of a one-man army determined to stop a deadly high-tech weapon from falling into the hands of a highly elite resistance group known as Dead Cell. Users must once again utilize their skills in stealth, weaponry, and counter-terrorism to fight off the competing powers; and as they progress through a twisting storyline, eventually destroy the gigantic war machine, Metal Gear Ray.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3 and PS Vita) -- In the struggle to achieve world peace and world dominance in the Cold War period, rivaling governments are secretly developing weapons technology that could threaten the future existence of life. Destined to be the first, a race ensues to become the ultimate nation. A special elite tactical soldier is summoned to penetrate deep in the heart of enemy territory and obtain Intel about “Metal Gear”, a prototype weapon with nuclear capabilities. This is your mission and you must infiltrate alone. As “Naked Snake,” you must outsmart enemies with camouflage, close-quarters combat, stalking, interrogating, climbing, hunting and treating injuries in this critical chapter of the Metal Gear saga.

Retro/Grade – Retro/Grade stars ace fighter pilot Rick Rocket who has just saved the universe. Unfortunately, the massive destruction he left in his wake has caused a temporal anomaly that reversed the flow of time. You must assume control of Rick’s spacecraft and fight through the epic space battle … in reverse.

Michael Jackson: The Experience – He is the legendary King of Pop! Featuring an immersive and interactive experience for the Playstation Move that enables players to step into the shoes of Michael Jackson himself and re-live his most iconic moments through their own performance. The unparalleled tracklist features many of MJ’s biggest hits including Billie Jean, Beat It, Smooth Criminal and many more. There are an array of his awe-inspiring dance moves for players to learn and emulate within the game. Additionally, fans can sing along and test their vocal skills while immersed in the performance.

Deep Black – The unique underwater setting of Deep Black combines action-packed battles with an immersive story line that blends science-fiction, espionage and bio-terror. Realistic underwater physics add intensity to this third-person action thriller.

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD – Based on the popular comic book series, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD is an arcade fighter that lets you duke it out with your favorite characters from the comics. JoJo must travel to Egypt to find a cure for his sick mother. Each fighting character has his or her own Stand, a guardian spirit that aids in the battle. Unlike mortal humans though, Stands can reanimate quickly after defeat, so use this to your advantage as you try to defeat the evil Dio and his minions.

Demos

Sleeping Dogs
Dragon’s Dogma
EA Sports Central
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD
NHL 13
Retro/Grade

minis

The Next Space
Top Trumps All Stars

PlayStation 2 Classic

Gungrave: Overdose – Developed by Red Entertainment, Gungrave O.D. takes the carnage-based formula of the original, adds more characters and some new abilities to the mix. Expanding on its predecessor, it throws you in a cel-shaded world of exaggerated firefights and near delirious action sequences. In addition to franchise hero Grave, there are two additional fighters to choose from: Rocketbilly Redcadillac and Juji Kabane, who meet up with Grave at the beginning of the game. With the exception of the very first training battle, all three characters have the same set of missions to go through and deliver a different experience.

For PS+ this week:

Deals
Adventures to Go! - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $11.99 - Ends 8/27
Dust 514 - Mercenary Pack - $9.99 - Begins 8/21
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21

Betas
Dust 514 - Ends 9/4

im seeing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron on the ps3 not in network
does that mean no psn store release ?
PlayStation-3-Banner.jpg

I've never played Harvest Moon before, but it looks like it could be something nice and relaxing for a change of pace. Which of them is the best?

I finally got around to Walking Dead myself. I really like the idea of the game, it's very original and very well done, with normal Telltale humor (Hmm. It's pointy!). However, something about the gameplay style just annoys me - in particular the combat scenes where you can't get your cursor in place fast enough or even know what to do before you die. Also I dislike how I don't know if a subquest is required, optional, or undoable until later in the episode, such as searching for batteries, fixing the swing, etc. It's a great concept, but not a great game.

I'll just wait for the other episodes to be free/cheap before getting them.

is the cs:go theme spectacular? if not im going to wait for the free trial.

also, does anyone know exactly how dust 514 is going to work? i played a few games of the beta, but the menus were all pretty confusing. it seems if you want a gun stronger than the starting gun it will only last for 1 match? you could own say 100 of a gun....

will people who play for free be at a HUGE disadvantage or just a small one?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/19/the-drop-week-of-august-20th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:

For PS+ this week:

Deals
Adventures to Go! - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $11.99 - Ends 8/27
Dust 514 - Mercenary Pack - $9.99 - Begins 8/21
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors - PSP - $7.50 - Begins 8/21

Betas
Dust 514 - Ends 9/4[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is time for me to renew my PS+ subscription. Been out since July.

Those Natsume titles have my attention. How's Reel Fishing:The Great Outdoors?

I'd like to have digital copies of the PSP Harvest Moon games, if I ever get a Vita. Have most of them on PS1/UMD/PS2 already.

I've had a strong urge to play a Harvest Moon game lately. Maybe I'll pick one of the PSP games up. Which one of those is best?

[quote name='AkariK']I finally got around to Walking Dead myself. I really like the idea of the game, it's very original and very well done, with normal Telltale humor (Hmm. It's pointy!). However, something about the gameplay style just annoys me - in particular the combat scenes where you can't get your cursor in place fast enough or even know what to do before you die. Also I dislike how I don't know if a subquest is required, optional, or undoable until later in the episode, such as searching for batteries, fixing the swing, etc. It's a great concept, but not a great game.

I'll just wait for the other episodes to be free/cheap before getting them.[/QUOTE]
I didn't fix the swing couldn't find the stupid rope so i just continue with the story and later Andrew fix it.

I only died 3 times
ep1 - Sandra killed me in Clementine's house
ep2 - David got me in truck didn't exit fast enough
-Danny got me in the barn

Legasista looks really cool, though I've never played any NIS games. I traded for it on the trading thread here but haven't had time to boot it up yet. I'm looking forward to it though.

Doubtful but can you use the VITA USB cord to hook the VITA up to the net and download games using your USB PORTS On your computer or do you need wireless

Found this funny if you do this to google

QUESTION
can vita hook to internet using usb port

Says do you mean this
can vita hoare to internet using usb port

LOL

guessing you have to hook to the net download the games in the pC then hook your vita up and download off the pc to vita ?

any new info when PS 1 downloads will come to vita or is it still SOON like they said back in may

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn. I was considering getting the HK version before I say that it wasn't in English and the secret E3 announcement that it was coming to North America, but that was about $40 for the digital version. This is a steal for the price alone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm definitely in at $15. The premise is really cool.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn. I was considering getting the HK version before I say that it wasn't in English and the secret E3 announcement that it was coming to North America, but that was about $40 for the digital version. This is a steal for the price alone.[/QUOTE]
Why is it a steal for $15? Other than playing animals in a fictional Tokyo, what makes this game worth more than $15 to you? Im just curious since it doesnt seem like a "great" game.

If you want to see Tokyo Jungle in action, just watch GameSpot's video of the Japanese version.

[quote name='wrencrest']Why is it a steal for $15? Other than playing animals in a fictional Tokyo, what makes this game worth more than $15 to you? Im just curious since it doesnt seem like a "great" game.[/QUOTE]
I was willing to pay about $40 for it and now only have to pay $15 for it.

[quote name='slidecage']Doubtful but can you use the VITA USB cord to hook the VITA up to the net and download games using your USB PORTS On your computer or do you need wireless

Found this funny if you do this to google

QUESTION
can vita hook to internet using usb port

Says do you mean this
can vita hoare to internet using usb port

LOL

guessing you have to hook to the net download the games in the pC then hook your vita up and download off the pc to vita ?

any new info when PS 1 downloads will come to vita or is it still SOON like they said back in may[/QUOTE]The only way to download games to the Vita is either through the Vita itself, or through a PS3 first and then transferred to a Vita. There is absolutely NO way of downloading any PSN game let alone any Vita game, to a PC.

And if you took the time to google your second question, you'd see that a new update is being released next Tuesday, the 28th, for the Vita that will support PSone titles.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want to see Tokyo Jungle in action, just watch GameSpot's video of the Japanese version.

I was willing to pay about $40 for it and now only have to pay $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

Damn FriskyTanuki, you have put a game on my radar that I never heard about but that video convinced me that I need to get some Tokyo Jungle in my life. Hunt larger animals with a dog and dinosaurs sold.

For those curious the dev of retro/grade says here that the game won't be free in the US as its part of some EU promotion on Plus that will highlight indie games each month http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/27/retrograde-blasts-off-on-psn-august-21st/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you want to see Tokyo Jungle in action, just watch GameSpot's video of the Japanese version.

I was willing to pay about $40 for it and now only have to pay $15 for it.[/QUOTE]
Okay. Very different. The video still makes me wonder why anyone wants to play as a dressed up Pomeranian. Having said that I love the fact the guy giving commentary sounds like an Asian Count (Count as in Sesame Street)

[quote name='rpg']I didn't fix the swing couldn't find the stupid rope so i just continue with the story and later Andrew fix it.[/QUOTE]

For the battery in ep 1, I gave them to Carley but nothing happened. I didn't know if I was supposed to find more or what. I gave up on it and it turned out to not matter. For the swing, I also gave up because I could not find the rope.

This is my point. You don't know if you should be searching everywhere for the items because they're important to keeping someone alive, or for a side requirement, or if they're required for the story, and it's just confusing overall.

[quote name='rpg']
I only died 3 times
ep1 - Sandra killed me in Clementine's house
ep2 - David got me in truck didn't exit fast enough
-Danny got me in the barn[/QUOTE]

I don't think I died in 1, but I died once to David in ep 2 and about 3-4 times to Brenda trying to figure out how to advance.

[quote name='PimpLimp']The only way to download games to the Vita is either through the Vita itself, or through a PS3 first and then transferred to a Vita. There is absolutely NO way of downloading any PSN game let alone any Vita game, to a PC.

And if you took the time to google your second question, you'd see that a new update is being released next Tuesday, the 28th, for the Vita that will support PSone titles.[/QUOTE]

BUT can you hook the VITA up to the inteternet Using the USB cable and using that cable to hook into the USB PORT On the PC

or do you need Wireless only to get the Vita online

[quote name='slidecage']BUT can you hook the VITA up to the inteternet Using the USB cable and using that cable to hook into the USB PORT On the PC

or do you need Wireless only to get the Vita online[/QUOTE]No, you can't tether your PC's internet to your Vita through the USB cable. It's all wireless.

[quote name='AkariK']For the battery in ep 1, I gave them to Carley but nothing happened. I didn't know if I was supposed to find more or what. I gave up on it and it turned out to not matter. For the swing, I also gave up because I could not find the rope.

This is my point. You don't know if you should be searching everywhere for the items because they're important to keeping someone alive, or for a side requirement, or if they're required for the story, and it's just confusing overall.

I don't think I died in 1, but I died once to David in ep 2 and about 3-4 times to Brenda trying to figure out how to advance.[/QUOTE]

for the battery after you give them to her. she will say it isn't working. if you look at the radio again, it turns out she put them in wrong. you can fix it but it really doesn't matter you get to hear the news for a couple of seconds but thats it.

lol i died in the same place in ep 1 but after that I got used to the controls. :lol:

Awesome might have to pick up Tokyo Jungle like FriskyTanuki said that is an steal. :)

[quote name='slidecage']BUT can you hook the VITA up to the inteternet Using the USB cable and using that cable to hook into the USB PORT On the PC

or do you need Wireless only to get the Vita online[/QUOTE]

Does your PC have a wireless card? If so, you can use ethernet to connect the PC to the net, and then set up ICS through your wireless card. I do it all the time when I'm at the in laws since they don't have wifi.

Game is a bit....disturbing. Like most Japanese games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Would you guys think Tokyo Jungle was a steal at $15 if you didn't know it came out in Europe for $40?[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that and I still think it's a steal.

No plat? You'd think it would have one if they were charging 40$ for it somewhere.

Either way, I'll get it eventually. Looks fun....and odd, just how I like them

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I didn't know that and I still think it's a steal.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, what?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Europe and Hong Kong/Japan are the same thing now?[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, sorry, huge difference. Okay, if you didn't know it was being released anywhere in the universe for $40, would you still consider it a deal at $15?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Does your PC have a wireless card? If so, you can use ethernet to connect the PC to the net, and then set up ICS through your wireless card. I do it all the time when I'm at the in laws since they don't have wifi.[/QUOTE]

nope just a plain pc though since you can charge the VITA using the USB port maybe you could hooked to the net Using it BUT i dont think i would work (would try it tonight but vita is at other house and wont get it back till weekend)

may have to go to hotspot if VITA Is getting all of the ps1 games next week love to download some PS1 rpg games

[quote name='AkariK']

I don't think I died in 1, but I died once to David in ep 2 and about 3-4 times to Brenda trying to figure out how to advance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... The Brenda bit is just kind of legitimately poor game design. She's too touchy and the window on talking is too short. That was definitely the most frustrating part of the entire two episodes.

That said, I enjoyed Walking Dead a ton. I like Telltale adventure games a lot, though, so I kind of expected to enjoy it going in.

If I got amnesia that removed all prior knowledge of Tokyo Jungle until the PS Blog post that was released today, I'd still think it was a great price for a game that is right up my alley.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In case you guys thought I was lying about always being on the shitty team in Gotham City:

scoresg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Glad I wasn't playing when you took that picture haha. I usually hear people yelling about how people online suck at the game. That's usually the case on FPS that I've seen.

Isnt that like the case with almost any fps lol?

One team is the super giga pro's who can spawn camp you and shoot you the second you spawn, the other team is a bunch of 12 year olds running in circles flash banging their own team mates screaming racist insults in their mics.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In case you guys thought I was lying about always being on the shitty team in Gotham City:

scoresg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats why I dont play many games online. Cause I would always be on those shitty teams since I am shitty (aka dont play all the time and learn the secret spots and/or cheats).

As for Frisky, he is so literal all the time, I cant figure out if he is really that boring in real life or if he is really just a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back