PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might grab more, but for now...

Festival of Blood
Odin Sphere
PvZ Vita
Tales from Space

This sale is going to make it really easy to hit the $100 for $20 deal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think PvZ Vita now supports Cross Buy with the PS3 version, as I bought the Vita version on the PS3 and the list of download links also brings up PvZ (demo and unlock key) for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I bought the Vita version but it doesn't show up as a PS3 option. Navigating to the PS3 folder for it on PSN doesn't have the red icon indicating it's content I've purchased, either. Either mine hasn't updated or you got very lucky!

Sweet deals, picked up shinobi before the update and now monster hunters 4 even though i never played the series. Also picked up Festival of blood, costume quest bundle(even though plus gave me CC free), Dead Space 2, and Dead Rising off the record(never played the series before).
Already bought 2 of those zen tables, I wish you could of picked from all the tables and i would have got Mars table, PvsZ, and Earth defense.

[quote name='GBH']Sweet deals, picked up shinobi before the update and now monster hunters 4 even though i never played the series. Also picked up Festival of blood, costume quest bundle(even though plus gave me CC free), Dead Space 2, and Dead Rising off the record(never played the series before).
Already bought 2 of those zen tables, I wish you could of picked from all the tables and i would have got Mars table, PvsZ, and Earth defense.[/QUOTE]

I found the Earth Defense table to be meh but the Mars table is by far my favorite and I'm glad I paid full price for it.
I would have liked to be able to buy the individual tables separately myself as I already have PvZ.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think PvZ Vita now supports Cross Buy with the PS3 version, as I bought the Vita version on the PS3 and the list of download links also brings up PvZ (demo and unlock key) for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I hope we can get full confirmation on this as well. Since I got it free with PS+ maybe I'll get the Vita version free as well, would be cool!

For those getting Odin Sphere, please let me know if they got rid of the slowdown, especially for some of the boss battles (underworld spider boss being the most notable). I wanna get the game so I can replay it once I finish my backlog and finish it this time around, but if it still has the slowdown, I'm not gonna be as motivated since I still have my PS2 version.

I bought the following:
-The House of the Dead Bundle Pack. I already had HotD 3, but I love these games and getting HotD 4 & OVERKILL (Amazon) would be $24.
-Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
-Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
-Dokuro

If I add on the $40 (New Little King's Story) and $12 (Tokyo Jungle), I'm $8 short of the $100 end of the month goal. This promotion was a smart move for them as I usually don't buy games on day one when I have such a backlog.

Interesting side note, the email receipt is now from the Sony Entertainment Network instead of the Playstation Network.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Interesting, I hope we can get full confirmation on this as well. Since I got it free with PS+ maybe I'll get the Vita version free as well, would be cool![/QUOTE]
You won't or it would've shown up that way for me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't know, but if somebody that buys the Vita version without prior ownership of the PS3 version can confirm/deny that, that would be helpful.[/QUOTE]

Like johnnypark, I bought the Vita version only but I don't have access to the PS3 version.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You won't or it would've shown up that way for me.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Another question, is Twisted Metal: Black not on the store, and only available with the LE versions of PS3 Twisted Metal? I looked on the store but couldn't find it anywhere.

I guess that seals it.

I've got these new games that I can do videos on if anybody wants them:

Breakquest: Extra Evolution
Derrick the Deathfin
The Unfinished Swan

Joe Danger: The Movie is in the works, so I'll post that when it's live. I can also do videos for games in the Halloween sale or on sale in general if you want to see it in action first, which I can cover:

Costume Quest/Grubbins on Ice
Dead Nation
Foosball 2012
Hamsterball
Hyperballoid HD
Infamous Festival of Blood
Inferno Pool
Monster World IV (never played before)
Odin Sphere
Plants vs. Zombies
Sega Rally Online Arcade

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ok. Another question, is Twisted Metal: Black not on the store, and only available with the LE versions of PS3 Twisted Metal? I looked on the store but couldn't find it anywhere.[/QUOTE]
It's exclusive to TM.
[quote name='dramasetter929']Is festival of blood a stand alone title or do you need Infamous 2 for it?[/QUOTE]
It's a spin-off game, not DLC for Infamous 2.

[quote name='Zonic505']For those getting Odin Sphere, please let me know if they got rid of the slowdown, especially for some of the boss battles (underworld spider boss being the most notable). I wanna get the game so I can replay it once I finish my backlog and finish it this time around, but if it still has the slowdown, I'm not gonna be as motivated since I still have my PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

Humm, I'm in the same shoes.

I've got my PS2 version and a PS2 still but I'd bite again at that price if the emulation nature of the game removes the slowdowns that plagued the original.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess that seals it.

Derrick the Deathfin
The Unfinished Swan

Joe Danger: The Movie is in the works, so I'll post that when it's live. I can also do videos for games in the Halloween sale or on sale in general if you want to see it in action first, which I can cover:

Dead Nation
Foosball 2012
Hamsterball
Hyperballoid HD
Inferno Pool
Odin Sphere
Plants vs. Zombies
Sega Rally Online Arcade[/QUOTE]

Could you check out Odin Sphere a bit to see if it has a lot of slow downs in certain bosses/stages?

From what I've read, the slowdown is gone with the PSN version. I can do a video, but it'll take time to reach the underworld level with the monks in the background.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess that seals it.

Derrick the Deathfin
The Unfinished Swan

Dead Nation
Foosball 2012
Hamsterball
Hyperballoid HD
Inferno Pool
Odin Sphere
Plants vs. Zombies
Sega Rally Online Arcade[/QUOTE]

I'd watch the first three you listed for sure

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']From what I've read, the slowdown is gone with the PSN version. I can do a video, but it'll take time to reach the underworld level with the monks in the background.[/QUOTE]

I seem to have read similar things in forums and comments:
-http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10010
-http://lurkerfaqs.com/posts/view/862281
-http://www.gamespot.com/playstation-3/forum/does-odin-sphere-still-have-the-slowdown-60548856/
-http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141893&page=42

I bought a physical copy a year or two ago, but I will probably buy the PSN one as well. I believe it's based on the EU code which has no slowdown issue.

PSASBR is sweet. Definitely my type of game. I'm not sure how much I love the "only get kills with Supers" aspect, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I also think they're skimping a little with only 20 characters to start with (Smash Bros Brawl had 36) but I'm guess they're holding a ton back for DLC.

so far I bought:
The Unfinished Swan - I have been waiting to get my hands on this one ever since it was first announced, can't wait to play it. I'm currently downloading it

Dokuro - this one looks like an interesting platformer, the art style reminds a little of Tim Burton films

AMY - meh it was cheap, why not give it a try

Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime - I admit I only got this game because of its price, can't pass on game that is only a little over a dollar, I mean how bad can this game really be

Costume Quest - bought it by mistake I had it in my cart and forgot to take it out when I checked out, its a good game though played it on Steam and had fun with it

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - don't know much about it, I need games for my Vita though and this would do just fine

I only have $20 left to go for the spend $100 get $20 back promo, will pick Dead Rising 2 Off The Record and Mosnter World IV this weekend

[quote name='johnnypark']Hmmm. I bought the Vita version but it doesn't show up as a PS3 option. Navigating to the PS3 folder for it on PSN doesn't have the red icon indicating it's content I've purchased, either. Either mine hasn't updated or you got very lucky![/QUOTE]

same for me, PvZ was the first game I got for the Vita, I checked the download list and ps store page and it looks like I don't own the PS3 version (no cross buy for me)

Glad I never got Payday Heist, now it's free. SWEET. May get the HOTD bundle, that's a damn good price. And the festival of blood may be worth grabbing as well.

Anyone else confirm this? Was going to jump on this for my Vita, if I get both that would be even better

[quote name='tylerh1701']PSASBR is sweet. Definitely my type of game. I'm not sure how much I love the "only get kills with Supers" aspect, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I also think they're skimping a little with only 20 characters to start with (Smash Bros Brawl had 36) but I'm guess they're holding a ton back for DLC.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't like the idea of getting kills with only supers I want more variety, like environmental kills. But my main problem was scores not showing till the end of the game. Does anyone know if it it's still like that?

[quote name='darkjedi187']Anyone else confirm this? Was going to jump on this for my Vita, if I get both that would be even better[/QUOTE]I bought the game through my Vita and I can confirm what others have said, the PS3 version did NOT show up at the top of my download list, just the Vita version.

[quote name='Namerson']I really didn't like the idea of getting kills with only supers I want more variety, like environmental kills. But my main problem was scores not showing till the end of the game. Does anyone know if it it's still like that?[/QUOTE]

I agree. While I understand the need for differentiation, I almost wish they copied more from Smash Bros. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some "they CopIed smasH bros, itz GaY" basher, but its hard to play this and not naturally go back to playing instincts from Smash Bros.

I just thought that its almost like making love with someone. You get stuck in your ways if/when you do it with 1 person, its tough to break your habits/do new things when you're with someone else. I have to keep telling myself, "its not Smash Bros!"

[quote name='Namerson']I really didn't like the idea of getting kills with only supers I want more variety, like environmental kills. But my main problem was scores not showing till the end of the game. Does anyone know if it it's still like that?[/QUOTE]

It still doesn't. I looked down at my HUD area at least 5 time looking for my score, but there was none. You're right, it's definitely an oversight and I hope it's corrected before the final release.

[quote name='carl7117']is PSASBR workin for you guys?[/QUOTE]

I got into my first game no problem. Only played one game.

[quote name='carl7117']is PSASBR workin for you guys?[/QUOTE]

I just played 3 matches in a row about 5 minutes ago (on my Vita) and they worked flawlessly despite the rage quitters. I hope they implement a system to stop rage quitting when the game is out next month. The game is pretty fun on the Vita and looks great on it's screen. The controls weren't hard to learn and theres actual combos that you can pull off. I played my first two matches and did horrible, got negative scores both times. On my third I was doing great I got my level 3 within a minute and was destroying everyone then with five seconds left the host quit. :roll: I also didn't like having to wat till the matches actually start to be able to mute people. It's not fun getting pounded on while trying to mute the 10 year olds.

Picked up
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
AMY
Odin Sphere
Just under 13 dollars to go before I pass the 100 needed. Haven't bought anything that I would not have bought anyways yet.

Might have thought about Unfinished Swan until the preview ticked me off by not showing me wtf it was about. Now I'm not going to try it out of spite.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Might have thought about Unfinished Swan until the preview ticked me off by not showing me wtf it was about. Now I'm not going to try it out of spite.[/QUOTE]

I too felt the preview was weak. I know it's about painting, but the preview was just a gigantic tease. They can do better.

I have Odin Sphere on disc but my PS2 is rarely ever hooked up. $5 might be too good to pass up having it available on the PS3 hard drive whenever the mood strikes. Such a great game in my opinion.

IGN Prime is giving members two keys for Playstation All-Stars beta plus 30 day trial of PS+.

Anyone know if current PS+ members can redeem it for an additional 30 days of service?

[quote name='Zonic505']For those getting Odin Sphere, please let me know if they got rid of the slowdown, especially for some of the boss battles (underworld spider boss being the most notable). I wanna get the game so I can replay it once I finish my backlog and finish it this time around, but if it still has the slowdown, I'm not gonna be as motivated since I still have my PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it myself, but according to this, the slowdown is gone in the PSN version.

Any thought on InFamous FOB? I'm considering it, but how long is the game, and what makes it stand apart from the previous two games? So overall, is it worth it? Note: I am a PS+ until tomorrow afternoon when it cancels! fuck

[quote name='Umair56']IGN Prime is giving members two keys for Playstation All-Stars beta plus 30 day trial of PS+.

Anyone know if current PS+ members can redeem it for an additional 30 days of service?[/QUOTE]
Where can I find this at? I have an unused IGN Prime code! I'd like a free month of PS+!

[quote name='Chocoburger']Any thought on InFamous FOB? I'm considering it, but how long is the game, and what makes it stand apart from the previous two games? So overall, is it worth it? Note: I am a PS+ until tomorrow afternoon when it cancels! fuck

Where can I find this at? I have an unused IGN Prime code! I'd like a free month of PS+![/QUOTE]

It's good, you get a few added powers, the ability to fly as a group of bats. I'd say it's good for about 4-6 hours of gameplay.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Any thought on InFamous FOB? I'm considering it, but how long is the game, and what makes it stand apart from the previous two games? So overall, is it worth it? Note: I am a PS+ until tomorrow afternoon when it cancels! fuck

Where can I find this at? I have an unused IGN Prime code! I'd like a free month of PS+![/QUOTE]

Festival of Blood is worth it if you enjoyed Infamous. It is at least 5-10 hours of gameplay. It is Halloween themed and at this price is a great value.

I went against my better judgement and bought ghostbusters sanctum of slime and monster world 4. I love twin stick shooters and ghostbusters so for $1.25 I figured even if the game is as bad as all the reviews say I can at least laugh at it. Monster world I know nothing about other than its an old Genesis game and its a $1. I only need a few more dollars spent for the promo this month and I want to show support for old games being super cheap so maybe more companies will follow Sega's lead here. And hopefully Sega will continue this until all their old Genesis games have been a dollar at some point!

[quote name='ruibing']I seem to have read similar things in forums and comments:
-http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10010
-http://lurkerfaqs.com/posts/view/862281
-http://www.gamespot.com/playstation-3/forum/does-odin-sphere-still-have-the-slowdown-60548856/
-http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141893&page=42

I bought a physical copy a year or two ago, but I will probably buy the PSN one as well. I believe it's based on the EU code which has no slowdown issue.[/QUOTE]Awesome. So glad to hear it's the EU version w/ no slowdown & faster loading times. I think I'll pick this up later. Thanks to everyone for providing info.

Picked up Odin Sphere. A friend recommended it awhile back but I had heard rumors of an HD version for Odin Sphere and Muramasa for xbla/psn but it seems like the project was canceled or just shifted to the PSvita. Thanks.

Stupid question, Vita stuff from PSN also qualify for the $20 back right? $50 PSN+ for me and I got another $50 to pick out... With the PSN+ savings, I'm still short, so thinking about Vita stuff to put me over the $100 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back