PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone help me please? I am trying to download RE5 and everytime i try to "buy" it (i´m ps+) it goes to the checkout menu where it shows how much money i have left in my wallet, pretty much like if i wasn´t a ps+. What should i do?

[quote name='eballarini']Can someone help me please? I am trying to download RE5 and everytime i try to "buy" it (i´m ps+) it goes to the checkout menu where it shows how much money i have left in my wallet, pretty much like if i wasn´t a ps+. What should i do?[/QUOTE]

Is it showing the cost as 0.00 or full price? And if full price, are you sure you're PS+?

[quote name='DarkZion']Is it showing the cost as 0.00 or full price? And if full price, are you sure you're PS+?[/QUOTE]

I´m pretty sure that i´m a ps plus until july 13'. I can´t remember right now if it´s full price or 0.00. Guess it is full price, since it tries to make me pay for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, noticing that the Fantastic 4 Zen Pinball table finally made it to the store. I can't seem to get it to import from Zen Pinball 2, and when I try to download it directly off the store it wants to charge me $2.99, even though I already own it.

Probably just an early snag that will be corrected, but if anybody else has a solution to this and is actually able to import it into Zen Pinball 2, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

This is apparently know to be a problem by the Zen Studios company. From their facebook feed...

Fantastic Four will be available TODAY in North America and TOMORROW in Europe for Zen Pinball 2 on PSN!

Once the PSN store updates, you'll be able to import the table to Zen Pinball 2 if you have already purchased it. If you have not yet purchased it and would like to play it in Marvel Pinball AND Zen Pinball 2, please purchase it in Marvel Pinball first, and then import it to Zen Pinball 2 to avoid paying for the table twice. The recent patch should have fixed any issues with importing, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you all so much for your patience and support, we really hope you enjoy Fantastic Four!

Also, we'll have news on the Marvel Civil War table tomorrow!

[quote name='alwayscheaper']All ps store downloads whether free games are done like they're purchases now. So just go through it, it'll say $0.00 since you're plus and then complete the transaction. I like the new store, I think it's slick but they've made it cumbersome to download free games or demos.[/QUOTE]

Now, it actually displays 29.99. There´s 0.5 in my wallet, so it shows that i still have to pay 29.95 or something. man, that sucks

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']getting some of those game shows would probably make my wife happy, but will she play them enough? they look corny.[/QUOTE]

They're definitely corny and honestly rather bare bones, just speaking from experience from the 1 or 2 I've played. But for $5 a pop I think I'll pick up most of them, they're good for a couple hours of fun and always fun (in small doses) with friends.

[quote name='AoA']This is apparently know to be a problem by the Zen Studios company. From their facebook feed...

Fantastic Four will be available TODAY in North America and TOMORROW in Europe for Zen Pinball 2 on PSN!

Once the PSN store updates, you'll be able to import the table to Zen Pinball 2 if you have already purchased it. If you have not yet purchased it and would like to play it in Marvel Pinball AND Zen Pinball 2, please purchase it in Marvel Pinball first, and then import it to Zen Pinball 2 to avoid paying for the table twice. The recent patch should have fixed any issues with importing, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you all so much for your patience and support, we really hope you enjoy Fantastic Four!

Also, we'll have news on the Marvel Civil War table tomorrow!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. They've mentioned they're aware of the problem and working on it, so hopefully we see a fix soon.

Quantum Conundrum is good stuff. Played through the first section of the game, it definitely has a huge portal vibe to it, but it's still a very good 3D puzzler. My one complaint would be that there's a little bit too much reliance on platforming, which doesn't always work great in first-person games.

Picked up Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. The others look too cheesy for me to like. I'm sure family feud would probably piss me off because I typed something a little different than what they wanted.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Quantum Conundrum is good stuff. Played through the first section of the game, it definitely has a huge portal vibe to it, but it's still a very good 3D puzzler. My one complaint would be that there's a little bit too much reliance on platforming, which doesn't always work great in first-person games.[/QUOTE]

Is this game free on playstation plus right now? It showed up as free but when I went to download it it said free demo so I passed but after thinking about the new store setup maybe it is the full game for PSN subscribers.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Is this game free on playstation plus right now? It showed up as free but when I went to download it it said free demo so I passed but after thinking about the new store setup maybe it is the full game for PSN subscribers.[/QUOTE]
don't u have to download the key ?

I downloaded QC last night as well (first time using the new store... Why do you have to go through 6 or so screens just to purchase and download one game?)

One of the many screens showed it as a demo, but it downloaded the full version.

I'm not sure if you have poor reading comprehension skills or what.

Since the store update all free PSN games (and all downloads) make you go to the checkout in order to "purchase" them.
Even if you have funds in your wallet the price will still be $0.00. The funds in wallet and funds remaining in wallet lines at the top and bottom will be the same.

For QC (if I remember) there were separate choices for the full game and for the demo. When you go to "purchase" the game it automatically threw in the unlock key.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Quantum Conundrum is good stuff. Played through the first section of the game, it definitely has a huge portal vibe to it, but it's still a very good 3D puzzler. My one complaint would be that there's a little bit too much reliance on platforming, which doesn't always work great in first-person games.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I played through a chunk of it, too, and it was great aside from falling a lot during some of the jumping segments. Still great the way they incorporated the puzzle elements into it, though.

For everyone else: Yes, free for plus. When you add it to cart, it should add both the game and an unlock key to your cart. Be sure to "download all" after checkout (or, if you end up with just the demo, go back to your download list and download the key).

At first I thought it was dumb we had 3 threads going at one point for PS+ on Vita. But someone here mentioned they were glad that other threads existed so we didn't get all the stupid comments, trolling, and noob questions in this thread, which is a very good point.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The amount of misinformation and trolling in that Vita PS+ thread is kind of amazing.[/QUOTE]

That's been a problem in all of the PSN threads lately. It's like CAG has been taken over by high-schoolers.

[quote name='tylerh1701']At first I thought it was dumb we had 3 threads going at one point for PS+ on Vita. But someone here mentioned they were glad that other threads existed so we didn't get all the stupid comments, trolling, and noob questions in this thread, which is a very good point.[/QUOTE]
I feel sorry for the people that are asking questions and get lies or misinformation in return. Just looking at the latest posts was this gem.

[quote name='johnnypark']That's been a problem in all of the PSN threads lately. It's like CAG has been taken over by high-schoolers.[/QUOTE]
I don't see much of it in this thread since I try to make sure people get the right answers whenever possible.

[quote name='johnnypark']That's been a problem in all of the PSN threads lately. It's like CAG has been taken over by high-schoolers.[/QUOTE]
I don't see much of it in this thread since I try to make sure people get the right answers whenever possible.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I feel sorry for the people that are asking questions and get lies or misinformation in return. Just looking at the latest posts was this gem.[/QUOTE]

Haha I would have thought he was giving correct info too, since I don't have my Vita yet. But glad I know that info is wrong now. If I have any Vita questions once I get mine in the mail, I'll make sure to ask them here. :)

Any games with the Memory Required icon on the cover and all digital games have the save tied to the launcher on the home screen, though the PS+ Cloud Storage for saves is supposed to be able to just grab the save somehow for the games you are done with.

[quote name='MR_E']Ya, I played through a chunk of it, too, and it was great aside from falling a lot during some of the jumping segments. Still great the way they incorporated the puzzle elements into it, though.

For everyone else: Yes, free for plus. When you add it to cart, it should add both the game and an unlock key to your cart. Be sure to "download all" after checkout (or, if you end up with just the demo, go back to your download list and download the key).[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I downloaded both but it still says trial version. I gues I'll find out when it eventual cuts me off if it's a demo. Still I have played for more than an hour....:whistle2:k

Hey Frisky, do you know how saves work on the Vita with physical copies? I know that some games save to the cartridge and some save to the "bubble"/on the memory card? I just want to be able to continue my game of Gravity Rush or Uncharted if I opt to sell my physical copy and download the digital one. If I delete that bubble it would delete my saves wouldn't it? Also, aren't saves with PSP games separate? I saw in the System Info that PSP saves have a separate tab. So deleting the bubble for a PSP game probably wouldn't delete my save would it?

EDIT: I think you just answered half of my questions two posts up.

[quote name='Blue Arcana']Hmmm, I downloaded both but it still says trial version. I gues I'll find out when it eventual cuts me off if it's a demo. Still I have played for more than an hour....:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
You can download the unlock key again if you want to be sure.

[quote name='Blue Arcana']Hmmm, I downloaded both but it still says trial version. I gues I'll find out when it eventual cuts me off if it's a demo. Still I have played for more than an hour....:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

The main menu of the game should have some sort of "Purchase Now" option either in the menu or by pressing a button if it's a demo. If you don't see that, it's the full game.

When I first booted the game up yesterday, after installing both the demo and key, the title on the XMB still said [trial game] but it's definitely the full game. I didn't check if it changed after booting the game up.

[quote name='Namerson']Hey Frisky, do you know how saves work on the Vita with physical copies? I know that some games save to the cartridge and some save to the "bubble"/on the memory card? I just want to be able to continue my game of Gravity Rush or Uncharted if I opt to sell my physical copy and download the digital one. If I delete that bubble it would delete my saves wouldn't it? Also, aren't saves with PSP games separate? I saw in the System Info that PSP saves have a separate tab. So deleting the bubble for a PSP game probably wouldn't delete my save would it?

EDIT: I think you just answered half of my questions two posts up.[/QUOTE]
All PSP-compatible games save separately since UMDs didn't store save data, so Minis, PS1 games, and PSP games all save like they originally did. The pop-up that you get when trying to delete a PSP game basically says that you're not deleting the save with it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The main menu of the game should have some sort of "Purchase Now" option either in the menu or by pressing a button if it's a demo. If you don't see that, it's the full game.

When I first booted the game up yesterday, after installing both the demo and key, the title on the XMB still said [trial game] but it's definitely the full game. I didn't check if it changed after booting the game up.[/QUOTE]
They usually do change after you start it up once.

Thanks for the response Frisky. Is anyone here watching the live stream of PSASBR on IGN? I noticed they implemented a sort of scoreboard so people can finally keep track of who's winning while the match is going on. I know one of my complaints when playing the beta was not being able to see anyone's score until the end of the match. Still not sure if I'll being picking it up anytime soon though.

New PSN store is ungodly laggy. I like the idea of being able to browse all the avatars without having to go into each game 1 by 1, but being able to only see 9 at a time (why is so much of the screen wasted at the top?!) and slow loading makes it a bit painful.

I was also going to seriously hate the idea of having to go to the top of any list to get back to the filters until I discovered that triangle does that. Whew.

Now all I want is the option to sort PSN games by type so I can exclude minis, PS1/2 Classics, and PSP games...

[quote name='AkariK']New PSN store is ungodly laggy. I like the idea of being able to browse all the avatars without having to go into each game 1 by 1, but being able to only see 9 at a time (why is so much of the screen wasted at the top?!) and slow loading makes it a bit painful.

I was also going to seriously hate the idea of having to go to the top of any list to get back to the filters until I discovered that triangle does that. Whew.

Now all I want is the option to sort PSN games by type so I can exclude minis, PS1/2 Classics, and PSP games...[/QUOTE]
It's already there. Just pick Game Type to just see games of a certain type.

I'm totally torn on whether PS+ for the Vita is good right now. I mean so much planning for software is based on software sales numbers and now you have games people won't buy. On the other hand the concept of it is getting me more interested in buying a Vita but without any software at first. Seems a double edged sword this early in the struggling handheld's life.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's already there. Just pick Game Type to just see games of a certain type.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I meant Vita games. The only way to see all Vita games for download includes minis/classics/psp games.

[quote name='biledriver']I'm totally torn on whether PS+ for the Vita is good right now. I mean so much planning for software is based on software sales numbers and now you have games people won't buy. On the other hand the concept of it is getting me more interested in buying a Vita but without any software at first. Seems a double edged sword this early in the struggling handheld's life.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised they picked Gravity Rush, since that's obviously a true gem that's still worth money, but I think it's a good draw.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's already there. Just pick Game Type to just see games of a certain type.[/QUOTE]

Now you can't search for themes take an example the citadel theme was released 2 weeks ago, they had the theme featured on the ps3 store US, athen all of a sudden it doesn't get featured anymore and gets thrown out.

But it still shows on EU, also the big disadvantage you can't search the US store for themes, most probably more things also can't be searched, and on EU the themes don't have video, on US most of them have videos so that you can see what you are buying.

[quote name='realit3y']Now you can't search for themes take an example the citadel theme was released 2 weeks ago, they had the theme featured on the ps3 store US, athen all of a sudden it doesn't get featured anymore and gets thrown out.

But it still shows on EU, also the big disadvantage you can't search the US store for themes, most probably more things also can't be searched, and on EU the themes don't have video, on US most of them have videos so that you can see what you are buying.[/QUOTE]
Doing a search on the PS Blog, no theme named "citadel" has ever been released on PSN, so I don't know what theme you're talking about.

These are all of the themes that were released two weeks ago:

PLANETS UNDER ATTACK THEME — Free
Casino Clubs Are Wild Dynamic Theme — $2.99
Casino Diamonds Are Forever Dynamic Theme — $2.99
Casino Smokin Aces Dynamic Theme — $2.99
Casino True Love Dynamic Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Bear-Panda Theme — $2.99
Dynamic China Jiuzhaigou Waterfall Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Crimson Vampire Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Forest Waterfall Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Galaxy Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Hunter Vampires Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Money Theme — $2.99
Dynamic Violet Vampire Theme — $2.99

Just got an email saying that the Civil War table for Zen Pinball 2/Marvel Pinball will be out next week:
Marvel Pinball: Civil War will be available as stand alone DLC on the following dates and platforms:

Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live® Arcade for 240 MSP – November 21
Zen Pinball 2 as Cross Buy entitled content for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita for $2.99 / €2.99– November 20th in North America and November 21st in Europe
Marvel Pinball for PlayStation®3 for $2.99 / €2.99– November 20th in North America and November 21st in Europe
Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store for $2.99 – November 21
Zen Pinball on the iTunes App®Store for $1.99 – Next week
Zen Pinball THD on Google®Play for $1.99 – November 21

[quote name='tylerh1701']The hype about this series died down quite a bit when they finally released episode 2, but I'm so glad the final game is releasing so I don't have to hear about these games any more.

I'm sure they're perfectly fine games, I'm just tired of hearing about them.[/QUOTE]
don't forget season 2 coming soon :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back