PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Why is the Plus price higher than the sale price for some games?

Edit: because they got the prices wrong on the original site. Go to the link for the corrected price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep. I was just gonna grab Pixeljunk Sidescroller myself for $1. But the sale prices are already gone, even though the page still says they're 'on sale'.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Sidescroller was actually $5, if that makes you feel any better. I was going to get Racers and Shooter.

So if the prices have changed already, that means the update should be out soon. Not sure what's coming out this week, but if there's anything you really want, you should be able to find it via the search real soon.

[quote name='Backlash']Sidescroller was actually $5, if that makes you feel any better. I was going to get Racers and Shooter.[/QUOTE]
Ahh ok. That's why I didn't buy it then. As it stands I still have to finish the original Pixeljunk Shooter AND download both the second one(and Eden) which I bought during this sale.

So I'll have more than enough downloadable games to play through for right now. Not to mention I have to finish up playing co-op on Trine 2 with a buddy of mine in a couple of days.

Ubisoft sale is pretty awesome. Might bite on From Dust. I heard it got pretty frustrating towards the end. Any thoughts?

Also, I highly recommend Prince of Persia (2008) for that price. It is such a sorely under rated game. For less than $10, you should buy it without a second thought.

[quote name='mpaullin']Ubisoft sale is pretty awesome. Might bite on From Dust. I heard it got pretty frustrating towards the end. Any thoughts?

Also, I highly recommend Prince of Persia (2008) for that price. It is such a sorely under rated game. For less than $10, you should buy it without a second thought.[/QUOTE]
Or if people are like me and want a physical copy of a game, they could go to GS and get the 2008 PoP game for the same price used as they'd pay for it on PSN. At least that way they have something they can sell if they get bored of the game or don't wanna keep it forever.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/prince-of-persia/71601

i might get outland and might and magic.

i loved Juarez but after so many retries on the hardest difficulty I froze during an autosave and lost all data. this was during PSN outage and I had no backup. I decided not to restart and traded it in.

I wonder if the psn version is prone to freezes.

Wait....someone actually liked Call Of Juarez: The Cartel? :shock: I thought that game was one of the biggest turds I ever had the displeasure to own and I've owned E.T. for the Atari 2600.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait....someone actually liked Call Of Juarez: The Cartel? :shock: I thought that game was one of the biggest turds I ever had the displeasure to own and I've owned E.T. for the Atari 2600.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I thought it was fun. I played with a friend, so maybe that helped. It wasn't wonderful as far as quality, but it was a good time, which is important to me when gaming.

:( Nothing on that sale I really want that I don't already have. Oh well, guess I'll just get Sonic 4 episode 2 all by itself today.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep. I was just gonna grab Pixeljunk Sidescroller myself for $1. But the sale prices are already gone, even though the page still says they're 'on sale'.

Oh well.

Also how the fuck is MSRP($59.99) considered a 'discount' on the downloadable version of Saint's Row 3? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Because it was $47.99 for PSN+ last week.

[quote name='mpaullin']Ubisoft sale is pretty awesome. Might bite on From Dust. I heard it got pretty frustrating towards the end. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

From Dust is really awesome, I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Campaign-wise, I only had problems with 1 level (the 2nd to last one). But there are good guides online if you've just had enough and want to move on, or even just get a hint on how to start a level and go from there.

I played a little less than half of the challenges, but most of them are pretty easy from what I've read, except for one REALLY REALLY stupid one, which caused me to give up on the challenges.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i might get outland and might and magic.[/QUOTE]

Outland is really awesome! Grab it for sure!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait....someone actually liked Call Of Juarez: The Cartel? :shock: I thought that game was one of the biggest turds I ever had the displeasure to own and I've owned E.T. for the Atari 2600.:razz:[/QUOTE]
Considering the COJ title thats on sale is 2 which should be Bound in Blood

He probably wasn't talking about The Cartel. Bound in Blood was actually a pretty good game

I'll probably pick up Outland and Beyond Good and Evil. Both games I've been meaning to play. Beyond Good and Evil is already sitting in my steam account, but I'm pretty sure it's a shoddy port.

WTF, the store is updated already !?!?!? Why such an early update, you bastards! Oh yeah, it's Sony, they can't do anything right, like publish the store later like it usually is and like any competent company would do. Way to exceed my expectations you non-slackers.

[quote name='Argive']I'll probably pick up Outland and Beyond Good and Evil. Both games I've been meaning to play. Beyond Good and Evil is already sitting in my steam account, but I'm pretty sure it's a shoddy port.[/QUOTE]

The PSN version of Beyond Good and Evil isn't exactly a great port. None of the glitches from the original release were fixed, it froze my PS3 a couple times and I've heard of worse glitches. It's still retained the same quality though and I'd suggest buying it for the current price. I don't think there were any major improvements over the PC version, except for maybe widescreen support.. can't remember if the PC port had that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Or if people are like me and want a physical copy of a game, they could go to GS and get the 2008 PoP game for the same price used as they'd pay for it on PSN. At least that way they have something they can sell if they get bored of the game or don't wanna keep it forever.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/prince-of-persia/71601[/QUOTE]

I agree with always preferring physical copies . . . BUT, the PoP PSP games are all Vita compatible, which means you can play them on the larger, richer screen. This would be a big reason for me to pick them up as downloadable titles; playing PSP games on the Vita is a whole new experience for those games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, the Store update is out. 50% Goldeneye Reloaded for PS+ would be nice, except it's laughably priced at $59.99.
[/QUOTE]

Uh, it IS 50% off.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Well crap I need a PSN card. Anybody know of some sites that offer the code through e-mail?[/QUOTE]
GameStop does.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Well crap I need a PSN card. Anybody know of some sites that offer the code through e-mail?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sells download codes as well.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Uh, it IS 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. Sorry, my wording in my previous post wasn't great, and I understand how you could have inferred something different than what I was trying to imply.

What I meant was that 50% off $40 would have been something to consider. 50% off of $60 for a digital version of a 6 months old game is never gonna happen.

In checking with Amazon, I guess the game still retails at $60, which is just shocking to me.

[quote name='mcdaking84']no rayman[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. What I figured. Morgan Haro and Grace Chen need to communicate more.

[quote name='JJSP']Because it was $47.99 for PSN+ last week.[/QUOTE]
That's considered a 'sale' price on the digital version of a game? I guess. I'm kinda shocked that SR3 hasn't dropped to $39.99 new for retail copies by now, since it's a THQ game and usually just like Ubisoft titles they price drop fairly quick.
[quote name='kinney_bmx']Considering the COJ title thats on sale is 2 which should be Bound in Blood

He probably wasn't talking about The Cartel. Bound in Blood was actually a pretty good game[/QUOTE]
Ah. I never played that one since I could never find a cheap copy when Target clearanced it a while ago.:whistle2:#
[quote name='GT']WTF, the store is updated already !?!?!? Why such an early update, you bastards! Oh yeah, it's Sony, they can't do anything right, like publish the store later like it usually is and like any competent company would do. Way to exceed my expectations you non-slackers.[/QUOTE]
I know. How dare they actually do shit before Doomsday for once. I guess maybe I'll have to temporarily retract my statement from last week about the updates taking forever.;):razz:
[quote name='chimpmeister']I agree with always preferring physical copies . . . BUT, the PoP PSP games are all Vita compatible, which means you can play them on the larger, richer screen. This would be a big reason for me to pick them up as downloadable titles; playing PSP games on the Vita is a whole new experience for those games.[/QUOTE]
One would first need a Vita to be able to play compatible games on said system. Unfortunately the Vita is still currently $200 too much for my liking for a handheld.:booty:

[quote name='Magicman103']so umm wheres the psp version of pixeljunk monsters? I cant find it on the vita store or on the ps3 store.[/QUOTE]

I see it on the PS3 store. It's in PSP Games > PSP Games A-Z > P-S > PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe

Maybe it only shows up for me because I already own it? Either way, it was supposed to be updated today to allow play on the Vita... no idea what happened with that.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Assassin's Creed - $13.99 - Ends 5/22
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition - $13.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Complete Edition - $24.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Beyond Good & Evil - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $13.99 - Ends 5/22
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood Complete Edition - $19.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 - $13.99 - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 Complete Edition - $19.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
From Dust - $10.49 - Ends 5/22
Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Gold Bundle - $9.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - $10.49 - Ends 5/22
Outland - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia - $13.99 - Ends 5/22
Prince Of Persia Complete Edition - $19.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Classic - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - $13.99 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD - $27.99 - Includes Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and The Two Thrones - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD - $10.49 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Warrior Within HD - $10.49 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones HD - $10.49 - Ends 5/22
Ricochet HD - $2.74
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition - $7.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22

PSP
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - PSP - $13.99 - Ends 5/22

Minis
5-In-1 Arcade Hits - PSP/PS3 - $0.99
Blimp: The Flying Adventures - PSP/PS3 - $0.99
The Impossible Game - PSP/PS3 - $0.99
Minisquadron - PSP/PS3 - $0.99
One Epic Game - PSP/PS3 - $0.99

Add-ons
Assassin’s Creed II - Sequence 12 Battle Of Forli - $2.79 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed II - Sequence 13 + Secret Locations - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Disappearance - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood - Old West Map Pack - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 - Fortunes Pack - $3.49 - Ends 5/22
Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Gold Deck Bundle - $4.99 - Ends 5/22
Max Payne 3 - Gorilla Warfare Loadout Pack - Free
MotorStorm RC - Special Big Rig Castro Shanty - Free
Prince Of Persia - Epilogue - $6.99 - Ends 5/22
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Knives Chau Pack - $1.39 - Ends 5/22
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Origin Hybrid Club - Free
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Pro Athlete Foursome - Free
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Pro Athlete Pack
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - Wal-Mart Club Pack - Free
Yakuza: Dead Souls - The Densetsu Pack - Free
Yakuza: Dead Souls - The Patriot Pack - Free

Vita Add-Ons
MotorStorm RC - Special Big Rig Castro Shanty - Free

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Assassin's Creed - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed II - Sequence 12 Battle Of Forli - $1.95 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed II - Sequence 13 + Secret Locations - $3.42 - Ends 5/22
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - PSP - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Disappearance - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Complete Edition - $14.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Beyond Good & Evil - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood - Old West Map Pack - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood Complete Edition - $11.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 - Fortunes Pack - $2.44 - Ends 5/22
Far Cry 2 Complete Edition - $11.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
From Dust - $7.34 - Ends 5/22
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - $30.00
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - $7.34 - Ends 5/22
Outland - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Prince Of Persia - Epilogue - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Prince Of Persia Complete Edition - $11.99 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Classic - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - $9.79 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD - $19.59 - Includes Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and The Two Thrones - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD - $7.34 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia Warrior Within HD - $7.34 - Ends 5/22
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones HD - $7.34 - Ends 5/22
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - $4.89 - Ends 5/22
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game - Knives Chau Pack - $0.97 - Ends 5/22
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Complete Edition - $4.79 - Game + All DLC - Ends 5/22

Games
Rock of Ages

Dead Cloud Avatar
Gear Avatar

For those wanting Scott Pilgrim for PS+, note the price of the complete edition compared to the regular version.

Did they just release the PS2 version of Max Payne on the PSN? I just saw it on the front page so I assume it's new. Huh, didn't remember hearing about it coming out. I might just pick it up.

I'll probably pick up the Scott Pilgrim Complete Edition too since I haven't had a chance to play the game yet.

[quote name='jwk94']Hey guys, will somebody please check the PS+ section for me? Is Rayman: origins up, or was that a mistake?[/QUOTE]
I listed everything that's new this week.

Sweet, go buy Beyond Good & Evil HD, such a fun game. I'm pretty sure this is the first sale on the PSN version.

Anyone recommend Outland?

As for Rayman Origins, I know Newegg had it on sale for $17 once, and it's bound to hit $15- soon with all the $20 sale repeats. And Gamefly had it for $13 previously.

[quote name='Magicman103']not only is it not up, but the sale might not even happen at all!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/15/playstation-store-update-239/

look at comment 6[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've said before that it's coming 5/29, not today. Whoever put together the list just copied the original PS+ post.[/QUOTE]

Here's the direct link to Comment 6, and copy/pasta of Comment 6:

Morgan Haro:
I’m afraid this sale was pending at the time of the blog publish and is not moving forward. I can’t confirm whether this is still coming, but the Store team is working on a great deal. My apologies for the misinformation above; we’re outlining a process with all the Plus goodness that’s always on the table to ensure that the publish on the blog is accurate.

Though Rayman is probably still coming on 5/29, I gotta agree with Magicman that, per Morgan's tone, the 50% off deal doesn't sound like it will be coming. Which is good news for me because it sounds like they're working on something else instead, and $15 was still to rich for my blood for a digital version of Rayman Origins.

I read it. I'm just saying the previous stance on when it was coming out.

For Vita people, these are the new PSP games and Minis that have been added to the PS Store on the Vita for direct download:

PSP Titles:
Cho Aniki Zero (Aksys Games Localization, Inc.)
Strikers 1945 Plus (PM Studios, Inc.)
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (UbiSoft, Inc.)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas (UbiSoft, Inc.)
Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance (XSEED JKS, Inc.)
Ys I & II Chronicles Digital (XSEED JKS, Inc.)

PSP minis:
Aero Racer (Halfbrick Studios)
Age Of Zombies (Halfbrick Studios)
Blast Off (Halfbrick Studios)
Dynogems (StormBasic)
Echoes (Halfbrick Studios)
Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar (Cohort Studios)
Vempire (Impressionware Srl)

[quote name='PimpLimp']I'll probably pick up the Scott Pilgrim Complete Edition too since I haven't had a chance to play the game yet.[/QUOTE]

Do it!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Might finally grab From Dust[/QUOTE]

Do it!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Sweet, go buy Beyond Good & Evil HD, such a fun game. I'm pretty sure this is the first sale on the PSN version.

Anyone recommend Outland?[/QUOTE]

I've said this about 3 billion times, but caution to anyone that uses inverted controls, try out BG&E demo before buying and make sure you can deal with the camera.

As for Outland, buy it! Wonderful game!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I read it. I'm just saying the previous stance on when it was coming out.[/QUOTE]

Ok, didn't mean for my comment to sound like it was directed entirely at you (although after re-reading, it really does, and my apologies).

I was more posting because I know very few people read the PS Blog comments (and I don't blame them because they're full of whiners) so to get that info up here may be helpful to others, and help temper disappointment on the 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back