PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='captaintek3304']$50 a month?!

Hulu - $8/month
Netflix - $8/month
GameFly - $16/month
PS+ (currently) - $4.17/month

Total - ~$38/month plus taxes

We already get free games, cloud saving, and discounts, so what could they possibly add for an extra $12 a month? Wouldn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Free everything, as in all PSN games (a la rental).

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are the new releases for next week:

Games
Bang Bang Racing - $9.99
Madagascar 3
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - $14.99

Demos
Bang Bang Racing

Add-ons
Atelier Meruru
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Vita Add-ons
Ridge Racer

New PSP Games for the Vita (35-40 total):
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Gangs of London
Gravity Crash
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip
Super Stardust Portable
Wipeout Pulse

There may be a full post with all of the PSP games that are being added to the store or at least a list on the update post next week.

Looks like nothing for me. I could have sworn Bang Bang Racing was mentioned as a release in a previous blogcast. Maybe the demo. Maybe I'm hallucinating...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, this is the first time they've mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's wrong, they did mention it on blogcast 22 (apr 27) that there would be a demo for the game out for the May 1 store publish. Guess that was delayed or something fell through. I knew I had heard the name mentioned before though. Will download the demo since I don't know anything about the game apart from a video or two.

I have several games on my "wish list" that I would love to just break down and buy at normal price but can't help but think as soon as I do they will be on sale, or even free for PS+. If there are any psychics out there please look into the future and tell me what my chances are on these games:

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
Moon Diver
Shoot Many Robots
All Zombies Must Die
addons for Resident Evil ORC

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']I have several games on my "wish list" that I would love to just break down and buy at normal price but can't help but think as soon as I do they will be on sale, or even free for PS+. If there are any psychics out there please look into the future and tell me what my chances are on these games:

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
Moon Diver
Shoot Many Robots
All Zombies Must Die
addons for Resident Evil ORC[/QUOTE]

I think Shoot Many Robots has the best chance of going on sale. It's still pretty new, but it was published by Ubisoft and they do a lot of publisher sales.

Moon Diver, ZA:NDA, and All Zombies Must Die (EU only) have been on sale on Xbox already, for what it's worth.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think Shoot Many Robots has the best chance of going on sale. It's still pretty new, but it was published by Ubisoft and they do a lot of publisher sales.

Moon Diver, ZA:NDA, and All Zombies Must Die (EU only) have been on sale on Xbox already, for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

True, but they did have a big ubi sale that it was left out of recently, if it was even out back then. Might have to wait another 6 months or so. I might end up caving on all of them if all the langers $10 cards come in..

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']True, but they did have a big ubi sale that it was left out of recently, if it was even out back then. Might have to wait another 6 months or so. I might end up caving on all of them if all the langers $10 cards come in..[/QUOTE]

It came out in March, so it only would have been out for 2 months during that Ubisoft sale, so totally understandable that it wasn't included.

My rule of thumb is 6 months. If I feel like I can wait 6 months to play a game, then I'll wait for a sale and usually get rewarded for my patience. And with my backlog, I pretty much wait for everything.

No I'm a $0.1 short of $14.69 for Just Cause 2 in my wallet, which has $14.68 in it!

Wish there was a Sony thing where you could watch an ad for a $0.1 to be credited to your PSN wallet.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wish they'd force Sega to make Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 compatible for the Vita.[/QUOTE]
Sega can't even get Sony to put Phantasy Star Portable 2 back on PSN, from the looks of it. The game had a price cut in November for $14.99, then mysteriously vanished. Sega kept saying they're aware of this and were trying to get Sony to fix it. It's now June and it's still missing from PSN.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pure speculation, but if I was in your position I'd wait. If there are changes, they'll be announced Monday night during Sony's E3 press conference. My guess is that the changes wouldn't go live right away, but may go live the next day during the Tuesday store update. So you'd have a brief window to see what the changes were and still be able to sign up at the old price.

But like I said, that's 100% speculation. And if you're sure you want to renew anyway, then no harm in doing it now.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that's a great point. I think I'll just go ahead and renew though. I don't want the deadline sneaking up on me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are the new releases for next week:

Games
Bang Bang Racing - $9.99
Madagascar 3
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - $14.99

Demos
Bang Bang Racing

Add-ons
Atelier Meruru
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Vita Add-ons
Ridge Racer

New PSP Games for the Vita (35-40 total):
Ape Escape: On the Loose
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Gangs of London
Gravity Crash
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip
Super Stardust Portable
Wipeout Pulse

There may be a full post with all of the PSP games that are being added to the store or at least a list on the update post next week.[/QUOTE]
Is it just me or does Bang Bang Racing look or remind anyone of a suped up Off Road? Remember that game in the arcade with the three wheels on the unit? It was awesome! Even better when it came out on SNES and Genesis I beleive as Super Off Road or whatever. Good times.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']somebody found $15 in his couch cushions and considers products he buys with that money to be free![/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.. reminds me of people who claim to be buying new releases for $10, then they fill you in on the 5 games they had to sell to the store to get it for that price. ;)

[quote name='Josh1billion']Sounds about right.. reminds me of people who claim to be buying new releases for $10, then they fill you in on the 5 games they had to sell to the store to get it for that price. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, lots of people use store credit and even gift cards from birthdays and such and just deduct that right off their total price paid. It's a pet peeve of mine, clearly lots of other people as well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']After all that talk of Just Cause 2 and how rare it's getting to find a physical copy, I bought the last one at Fry's for $20.[/QUOTE]

Rare? Wasn't this basically given away last year? I saw a few copies at a kmart last night. Rang up $20, I still passed.

[quote name='Romeo']Rare? Wasn't this basically given away last year? I saw a few copies at a kmart last night. Rang up $20, I still passed.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Amazon's not selling any copies anymore and I'll buy most games at $20 so I said screw it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']After all that talk of Just Cause 2 and how rare it's getting to find a physical copy, I bought the last one at Fry's for $20.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Romeo']Rare? Wasn't this basically given away last year? I saw a few copies at a kmart last night. Rang up $20, I still passed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't know. Amazon's not selling any copies anymore and I'll buy most games at $20 so I said screw it.[/QUOTE]

Ya I grabbed an Amazon Warehouse (used, obviously) copy for $15. I've been waiting for a while for $10, and figured screw it I'll just pay $15. It's still going for around $20 on ebay for used as well, so I guess it's possible that it becomes kinda rare.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya I grabbed an Amazon Warehouse (used, obviously) copy for $15. I've been waiting for a while for $10, and figured screw it I'll just pay $15. It's still going for around $20 on ebay for used as well, so I guess it's possible that it becomes kinda rare.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I'm not willing to buy a used copy so I snatched it up when I saw it.

Why the bloody HELL is Tomba priced at a premium?! It's not like it's goddamn Chrono Trigger, an import game, or something from Square Enix.

The good part about Just Cause 2 new as opposed to used is that you also get the Square-Enix Rewards code, which can be entered into their rewards site to go towards prizes at the end of the rewards period(which is usually right around now).
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Tomba will be out on June 19 for $9.99.[/QUOTE]
Pass. At $5-6 it was a buy for me. I'll wait for a sale, which will likely never come, just like I've been waiting for another sale on the other Deathspank games.:roll:

[quote name='Nohbdy']Why the bloody HELL is Tomba priced at a premium?! It's not like it's goddamn Chrono Trigger, an import game, or something from Square Enix.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a regular PS1 Classic because as I recall Monkey Paw was involved in bringing it to PSN

So is it upgraded in any way?

Otherwise i still feel like they just slapped 4$ on it due to all the demand and the fact they knew people would still buy it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']So is it upgraded in any way?

Otherwise i still feel like they just slapped 4$ on it due to all the demand and the fact they knew people would still buy it.[/QUOTE]

So they followed Business 101?

[quote name='buckythekat']I don't think it's a regular PS1 Classic because as I recall Monkey Paw was involved in bringing it to PSN[/QUOTE]

That doesn't explain why an already localized game is being offered at a premium.

I know Monkey Paw brings in untranslated import titles but this is not the case.

[quote name='buckythekat']I don't think it's a regular PS1 Classic because as I recall Monkey Paw was involved in bringing it to PSN[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dgwillia006']So is it upgraded in any way?

Otherwise i still feel like they just slapped 4$ on it due to all the demand and the fact they knew people would still buy it.[/QUOTE]
No, it's a normal PS1 Classic like the rest. I believe the price is due to increased licensing costs to get all of the rights in order to put it on PSN:

MonkeyPaw has been working on acquiring the Tomba! rights for a year. "We often have to chase down multiple right holders," Greiner said. "In this case, Sony and Whoopee Camp had rights that needed to be negotiated." The deal didn't necessarily include the sequel, however. "Tomba! 2 is a possibility but we need to really sell Tomba! 1 well before we can extend our relationship," Greiner explained. "It's the first time to work with Fujiwara-san so we're trying to make a good impression. Good sales have a way opening doors a bit wider."
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/23/tomba-comes-to-playstation-network-as-a-psone-classic-this-summ/

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I bought a $20 psn card from TRU with the $20 GC I got with my purple 3ds. BOOYAH WHAT?![/QUOTE]

So you paid full price for a 3DS? That is not cheapass

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone

For anybody that was interested in the Pinball Arcade Twilight Zone table Kickstarter, they've officially announced that the stretch goal is for $110k to secure the rights to the Star Trek: The Next Generation table, which has boosted it past main $55k goal. Anybody that donates gets the same reward for both prices at the original tiers, so there's a better value for each reward now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, it's a normal PS1 Classic like the rest. I believe the price is due to increased licensing costs to get all of the rights in order to put it on PSN:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/23/tomba-comes-to-playstation-network-as-a-psone-classic-this-summ/[/QUOTE]

all the trouble they had to go through to get the rights I'll definitely reward them and buy it at $10 (have the money in my PSN wallet already)

never played the Tomba games back in the day so should be fun

[quote name='wrencrest']Look, I love video games and all, but there is a company that grades video games?!?! Seriously? Wow, just wow. Video games are meant to be played, what the fuck do you do with a mint copy of an old game? I cant believe what people will collect.[/QUOTE]
I'm still hoping beyond hope to find the retail store history collector market myself. Maybe it's the packrat in me, but I think I still have bags from Woolworth's, Ame's, Hill's and a few other closed national chains around here someplace.;)

I mean, ffs, people collect all sorts of other shit, so why not bags n other stuff with the logos from closed retail chains?:D Actually for a while I tried getting the big plastic Circuit City sign that used to be in the doorway that led into the store from one of the former local CC stores.:lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone

For anybody that was interested in the Pinball Arcade Twilight Zone table Kickstarter, they've officially announced that the stretch goal is for $110k to secure the rights to the Star Trek: The Next Generation table, which has boosted it past main $55k goal. Anybody that donates gets the same reward for both prices at the original tiers, so there's a better value for each reward now.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I'll probably back them now. You have to own the actual Pinball Arcade game to be able to access these tables on PS3 (once they're out), right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back