PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Agent Orange']I can understand being pissed if I had just bought one or two of those Ultimate Editions. I'd be a bit miffed over that, and it does defy logic (you almost have to try to not have the foresight about offering the same games in both promotions)

But GTFO if you think this is a "very unimpressive" update. What the hell would they have had to do to please you if including a dozen games in one month including some AAA retail titles is not enough?

I actually thought it would be a big "business partnership" like with Gakai or something (since that was the rumor, I figured somehow it would tie in to PSN+). But to be honest here, since I only have 1 of these games, and I don't care about cloud streaming or streaming games, this is the best possible deal they could have announced. From a business perspective it seems to be a bit of a whiff as there isn't any real news. But as a consumer it's freiking amazing. I have my doubts as to whether future months will come anywhere close to this one, but this one month basically covers me for the entire year anyway and makes PSN+ easily worthwhile to keep going for me.[/QUOTE]

^ This. QFT

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you try logging out of PSN? You don't need to be online to continue downloading that stuff.[/QUOTE]
Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's few and far between though. The last game I think I bought from the Playstation Store was a $.99 Mini(5-in-1 Arcade, which is fun as hell on both PSP/PSPGo AND PS3). Before that was World Gone Sour for $5.

I rarely buy stuff unless it's on some sort of a sale(non PS+ usually except for the last 3-4 months) and it has to be $5-10 MAX usually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I still dont think I would pay $50 for 1 year myself, but I got in on that target $15 deal so I'm good for another 9 months. My main thing is that for $50 we should have some say in the games we get, kinda like choosing 2 from a group of 4 like the welcome back deal.

I'm definitely not saying it's not worth it, theres alot of value in PS+...but the value depends largely on individual factors that vary greatly among members. Someone may own most of those games already, or not have a large Hard Drive. I wont download many games over 6 GB just because it takes forever to download even that nevermind 14 GB. For the $15 I paid I can afford to pick and choose, but for $50 I might not feel the same.

This is some bullshit. I pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet 2 and now it's free? This is what they do to people who support them from day 1? This is a slap in the face. They should take me to dinner before they fuck me in the ass.

Oh, what the fuck? Hard Corps and Sideway were on sale from Plus a couple of months ago and now they're also free? This is the same thing as Sony spitting right in my mouth. I'm so pissed right now, what a terrible update.

If Sony continues this route, a hard drive update will 'seem', almost, mandatory! I'd rather go through my game library to see what I have, rather than my PS Store download history.

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']My God... why would anybody not have PS+?
[/QUOTE]

Mental?

Really looking froward to trying Ratchet and Clank All for One for free, but that 14gb download is a killer. I'm only managing about 1gb / hr, and not sure if it's worth it to leave my PS3 on that long. Crap like this is why i can't support a digital download only future

Really wish there was an easy way to transfer a backup to the hard drive you are upgrading to from the PS3.

With that being said, for those of you running out of space: go through and clear your Game Data for games (not your save data). This includes files that were installed and patches. Some games, like MGS4, can take upwards of 4 GB.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is some bullshit. I pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet 2 and now it's free? This is what they do to people who support them from day 1? This is a slap in the face. They should take me to dinner before they fuck me in the ass.

Oh, what the fuck? Hard Corps and Sideway were on sale from Plus a couple of months ago and now they're also free? This is the same thing as Sony spitting right in my mouth. I'm so pissed right now, what a terrible update.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I really do hope this is sarcasm, but maybe I give people too much credit. You paid for a game you got to play right away. The others wait 1 year and half. Publishers have no obligation to please first day buyers a year and half after the stupid game came out, relax.

As a side note, its great that these are free since I traded in my physical copies for profit a couple of months ago during sales. No regret in clearing out the backlog since now I get to play the games for free.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is some bullshit. I pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet 2 and now it's free? This is what they do to people who support them from day 1? This is a slap in the face. They should take me to dinner before they fuck me in the ass.

Oh, what the fuck? Hard Corps and Sideway were on sale from Plus a couple of months ago and now they're also free? This is the same thing as Sony spitting right in my mouth. I'm so pissed right now, what a terrible update.[/QUOTE]

I mean, they put up like 10-12 games. You were bound to have one of them no matter which they picked...

I keep seeing that after some time these 12 new games will join a rotation. How long do these game rotations last? If you have it downloaded, and it goes out of rotation can you still play it?

Thanks

[quote name='sylveranking']Hmm, I really do hope this is sarcasm, but maybe I give people too much credit. You paid for a game you got to play right away. The others wait 1 year and half. Publishers have no obligation to please first day buyers a year and half after the stupid game came out, relax.[/QUOTE]

It is, I was tryin to come up with other cliches that gamers say. Ooo, I should of put something about bait and switching in there.

[quote name='dchrisd']Really looking froward to trying Ratchet and Clank All for One for free, but that 14gb download is a killer. I'm only managing about 1gb / hr, and not sure if it's worth it to leave my PS3 on that long. Crap like this is why i can't support a digital download only future[/QUOTE]
I'm with you there with R & C, I love that series and would kinda like to own that game on disk. I'd love to play it a little bit for free but 14 GB wtf lol. At least LBP2 is only 6 so I'll probably get that one.

[quote name='bboliv']I keep seeing that after some time these 12 new games will join a rotation. How long do these game rotations last? If you have it downloaded, and it goes out of rotation can you still play it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can play them, as long as you are ps+ member.

Did they say how long all those free games will last until?

They mentioned VF5 FS will be "free" until July 3, but does that go for all the games?

[quote name='bboliv']I keep seeing that after some time these 12 new games will join a rotation. How long do these game rotations last? If you have it downloaded, and it goes out of rotation can you still play it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

As long as you initiate the download, it stays in your download history and you can always download it later(even if removed from the free list) and it will still be playable for as long as you have a PS+ subscription.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Did they say how long all those free games will last until?

They mentioned VF5 FS will be "free" until June 3, but does that go for all the games?[/QUOTE]

All signs point to them swapping out a few every month while most will stay for the following month. But they made it seem like this is the starting point and we will consistnetly have a dozen games to download.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Did they say how long all those free games will last until?

They mentioned VF5 FS will be "free" until June 3, but does that go for all the games?[/QUOTE]
I think that there is a core of games like LBP2 and iNFAMOUS2 that will be available for 52 weeks, and then the others will be rotated out and replaced with a new game. EU says that will happen in 12 week intervals and US 16 weeks.

whiners and complainers , nobody forced you to buy the game, and they certainly arent going to give a refund . anyways im happy, because the only games ive ever paid money for are MGS 4 and Demon Souls , and paying the price of one game for a full catalog of games at only once per year.... come on people, really? think about it, get psplus

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Anyone know how many GBs all the ps+ games are?[/QUOTE]

From memory...

Infamous 2 - 14.xx GB
All 4 One - 14.xx GB
Saints Row 2 - 7.xx GB
LBP2 - 4.xx GB
Space Marine - 7.xx GB
Just Cause 2 - 7.xx GB

I was very impressed with PS+ already, but now I am floored. What a great group of games to give away for free. I owned some of them on physical disc already, but I sold or traded them off. And some of these games I really wanted to play but never picked up, and now I can play for free. Sony easily paid for my two years of Plus before today with free and discounted goodies, but now I feel like I am ripping someone off, lol.

[quote name='dchrisd']Really looking froward to trying Ratchet and Clank All for One for free, but that 14gb download is a killer. I'm only managing about 1gb / hr, and not sure if it's worth it to leave my PS3 on that long. Crap like this is why i can't support a digital download only future[/QUOTE]

Same here, been downloading for around 4 hours and not even at 50% yet for R&C. I have a fast connection too, so it may just be the network bogged down with everyone stacking up downloads.

Space is no concern of mine though, upgraded my HD to 640GB over a year ago when I first got PS+ and didn't want to have to worry about disk space anymore.

[quote name='shinn']whiners and complainers , nobody forced you to buy the game, and they certainly arent going to give a refund . anyways im happy, because the only games ive ever paid money for are MGS 4 and Demon Souls , and paying the price of one game for a full catalog of games at only once per year.... come on people, really? think about it, get psplus[/QUOTE]
But see, I(like many others) prefer to OWN my games. That way if I get bored with them I can trade them in or sell them online. I bought inFamous 2 pre-owned for $2 something after a $10 off @Gamer coupon and a $20 RZ certificate that I earned from doing game trades. I've had Just Cause 2 since it first launched in 2010 and it's one of the few games from my massive game collections that I traded in that I actually kept. As for the rest, I have no desire to play any of them, have them and beat them already or I could borrow them from friends if I get bored and wanna play them.

Just from the games that WV Matsui listed alone, you're taking up 50+ gb's of space on your HDD and countless hours downloading the damn things and for what? To play em once and delete them? Even if you keep your PS+ sub going, that's a LOT of HDD real estate being gobbled up in one chunk for those games and many of those games could be bought cheap from Gamefly, Amazon, BB and GS and you own them for good.

I suggest you guys who are downloading these large files to download the stuff tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be faster to download it tomorrow in the morning than now with everyone and their mothers downloading these free games. I'll wait out a little bit so I can download Warhammer. So far I downloaded Virtha Fighter 5 Final Showdown, glad it was free because I was going to pick it up on Live tomorrow. Good shit Sony, thanks for saving me some MS points lol.

[quote name='mightymek']I was very impressed with PS+ already, but now I am floored. What a great group of games to give away for free. I owned some of them on physical disc already, but I sold or traded them off. And some of these games I really wanted to play but never picked up, and now I can play for free. Sony easily paid for my two years of Plus before today with free and discounted goodies, but now I feel like I am ripping someone off, lol.[/QUOTE]

truer words have never been spoken, lol :applause:

warhammer and infamous 2 and im happy, virtua fighter im like SCHWING

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, I(like many others) prefer to OWN my games. That way if I get bored with them I can trade them in or sell them online. I bought inFamous 2 pre-owned for $2 something after a $10 off @Gamer coupon and a $20 RZ certificate that I earned from doing game trades. I've had Just Cause 2 since it first launched in 2010 and it's one of the few games from my massive game collections that I traded in that I actually kept. As for the rest, I have no desire to play any of them, have them and beat them already or I could borrow them from friends if I get bored and wanna play them.

Just from the games that WV Matsui listed alone, you're taking up 50+ gb's of space on your HDD and countless hours downloading the damn things and for what? To play em once and delete them? Even if you keep your PS+ sub going, that's a LOT of HDD real estate being gobbled up in one chunk for those games and many of those games could be bought cheap from Gamefly, Amazon, BB and GS and you own them for good.[/QUOTE]

My god man. You certainly are the cheapest. You don't seem to be much of a gamer, but you got the cheap thing down. Would you accept a 500GB HDD and a years PS+ f we all chipped in? Cause your cheapery is vastly outweighing the massive amount of fun you could have in the next year with a plus sub and some nice gb real-estate. Sad for you. :(

Sweet Plus stuf this month! I already own most of the disk basked ga,es, but the other stuff makes me happy I renewed my plus sub. Thanks Sony!

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']My god man. You certainly are the cheapest. You don't seem to be much of a gamer, but you got the cheap thing down. Would you accept a 500GB HDD and a years PS+ f we all chipped in? Cause your cheapery is vastly outweighing the massive amount of fun you could have in the next year with a plus sub and some nice gb real-estate. Sad for you. :([/QUOTE]
Sure thing.;) I never turn down free shit.:razz: Like I said, if I got in on the $15 Target error I might be singing a different tune, but $50 a year isn't my idea of a good deal.:booty:

Played Sly 1 when it was free couple months ago and enjoyed it, really leaning towards picking up 2+3 for under $10. Worth it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sure thing.;) I never turn down free shit.:razz: Like I said, if I got in on the $15 Target error I might be singing a different tune, but $50 a year isn't my idea of a good deal.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Yet you speak of buying games on the cheap using RZ points and trade-in credit...You realize that same method would work towards a PS+ card too, right?

[quote name='Miami_13']Played Sly 1 when it was free couple months ago and enjoyed it, really leaning towards picking up 2+3 for under $10. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Very much so.

[quote name='topplehat']Really wish there was an easy way to transfer a backup to the hard drive you are upgrading to from the PS3.

With that being said, for those of you running out of space: go through and clear your Game Data for games (not your save data). This includes files that were installed and patches. Some games, like MGS4, can take upwards of 4 GB.[/QUOTE]

Although its no practical, It is easy, just takes forever and you need a spare to hold the backup during the switch.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']It's been 5 1/2 hours. R&C is at 91%. Talk about "Insomniac" Games :lol:!!!!!!! This might change my 'wake up early' plan.[/QUOTE]

You know you can tell your PS3 to turn off automatically when it's done, right?

[quote name='Miami_13']Played Sly 1 when it was free couple months ago and enjoyed it, really leaning towards picking up 2+3 for under $10. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

HELL YEAH. $10 is a great price to own some of the best platforming/stealth games of last gen. Plus the graphics look amazing in HD.

(Sly 2 is the best though)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Very much so.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not getting it because I've finished 2 and working on 3 on my PS2, but all of them are very good games, and better than the first one.

I'm now thinking about trading in my copy of "All 4 One" that I bought a couple of months ago and haven't played yet with the Best Buy deal. Looks like I'd break even and I could keep the Quest For Booty code from the Target copy.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Yet you speak of buying games on the cheap using RZ points and trade-in credit...You realize that same method would work towards a PS+ card too, right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. But with the cheap games I at least have something tangible. With the PS+ card, all I have is a subscription card to a service that I don't know what's gonna be on sale and IF it's gonna be anything I'm actually interested in for the price it's on sale for.

Like I said, 9 times outta 10 the PS Store sales have exactly ZERO items I'd buy(even at the PS+ discount level). So $50 for a year of discounts on shit I may not want and games I don't own after that year is up isn't a deal to me.::razz:

Add all the games to your cart, click checkout.. then download them whenever you want. You dont have to download them all now.

And for all those whining about the free games, be sure to send Sony your list of games before next E3

I'm a PS+ subscriber and I saw that the Sly Cooper games are on sale and I'd like to get them. I can purchase the 2nd and 3rd, but the 1st one was a free game for PS+ subscribers, which means I have it on my PS3...but obviously once my subscription is over I won't have it anymore. I'd like to take advantage of the sale and just buy the game, but even if I delete the game from my PS3 and go back to it in the store it only gives me the option to redownload it since I still have a subscription. This sale will end before my subscription does...so how do I purchase it for the sale price? I've also seen other games over the past few months such as the PS1 Resident Evil series on sale at $2.99 each, but PS+ gave them to us for free prior to the sale....so I was unable to purchase them at the cheaper price because I couldn't figure out how.

Does anyone know?

People whining about the things you mentioned are wrong. People whining about buying Infamous 2/Just Cause 2 last week and them going free this week have a justifiable complaint in my opinion. The PS Blog community manager even agreed that it was "valid feedback"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/#comment-722322

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Warhammer is frickin' repetitive. Worst part of it is the unskippable animations every time you wanna gain health/energy.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this complaint. At all. I read it like 6 times when looking over reviews for Warhammer. It's like a 1.5 second animation. You smash an orcs head. You get health. You move on.

[quote name='gldoorii']I'm a PS+ subscriber and I saw that the Sly Cooper games are on sale and I'd like to get them. I can purchase the 2nd and 3rd, but the 1st one was a free game for PS+ subscribers, which means I have it on my PS3...but obviously once my subscription is over I won't have it anymore. I'd like to take advantage of the sale and just buy the game, but even if I delete the game from my PS3 and go back to it in the store it only gives me the option to redownload it since I still have a subscription. This sale will end before my subscription does...so how do I purchase it for the sale price? I've also seen other games over the past few months such as the PS1 Resident Evil series on sale at $2.99 each, but PS+ gave them to us for free prior to the sale....so I was unable to purchase them at the cheaper price because I couldn't figure out how.

Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You can create a new account on your PS3 and buy it through that account. Otherwise you are S.O.L.

[quote name='tylerh1701']People whining about the things you mentioned are wrong. People whining about buying Infamous 2/Just Cause 2 last week and them going free this week have a justifiable complaint in my opinion. The PS Blog community manager even agreed that it was "valid feedback"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/#comment-722322[/quote]
For the record, I think he was being sarcastic.
I don't understand this complaint. At all. I read it like 6 times when looking over reviews for Warhammer. It's like a 1.5 second animation. You smash an orcs head. You get health. You move on.
But it's a repetitive animation and you can't skip it or turn it off.

[quote name='tylerh1701']People whining about the things you mentioned are wrong. People whining about buying Infamous 2/Just Cause 2 last week and them going free this week have a justifiable complaint in my opinion. The PS Blog community manager even agreed that it was "valid feedback"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/#comment-722322[/QUOTE]

So what is the statute of limitations on that type of whining? Would it have been okay if the discount was two weeks ago? A month? Three months?

i don't get people complaints at all, that has nothing to do with sony being bad or anything like that, it seems some people still have this fairy tale on their heads of game companies being their friends, companies need money to move forward, what do you think it will happen if sony announces lets say 2 weeks before that all this games were gonna be free? well people would go right ahead and purchase 3 months of psplus for 17 bucks and get all this games free, finish them in that period and voila, this is a business, one day some of you will understand that part

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So what is the statute of limitations on that type of whining? Would it have been okay if the discount was two weeks ago? A month? Three months?[/QUOTE]

2 months, 2 weeks, 4 days.

Infamous 2 at 93% after 6 hours. With the following 11 games still downloading, I wouldn't be surprised if my ps3 is still on downloading games when I wake up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back