PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']How'd you get that?

On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

If they wanted to say the DLC would be on sale they should've wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC pack at a steep discount" instead of "the game" but who knows you could be right.[/QUOTE]

From the sentence before the one you quoted:

And though The Asylum is being announced for the first time right here, right now, it’s very close on the horizon. On Tuesday, June 12th, you’ll be able to download the game at a steep discount off of the PlayStation Network. Following that, the DLC pack will be adjusted to its regular price of $4.99.

In the sentence before, he is clearly referring to The Asylum, and to me that seems to be the subject of the entire paragraph. The way I'm understanding it, he definitely should have wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC at a steep discount" or just "you'll be able to download it at a steep discount".

[quote name='tylerh1701']From the sentence before the one you quoted:

In the sentence before, he is clearly referring to The Asylum, and to me that seems to be the subject of the entire paragraph. The way I'm understanding it, he definitely should have wrote "you'll be able to download the DLC at a steep discount".[/QUOTE]

Well, I think at this point we can all agree it's pretty poorly worded.

[quote name='warreni']Well, I think at this point we can all agree it's pretty poorly worded.[/QUOTE]

well it's IGN - it's to be expected.

It just shows how fucked up the English language is that people can read something and get ten different perspectives on what the person meant. Man we need to clean up our language.

[quote name='wrencrest']It just shows how fucked up the English language is that people can read something and get ten different perspectives on what the person meant. Man we need to clean up our language.[/QUOTE]

Then how would Fox news make money?

[quote name='beerrun']You should not need to fund a separate account, using a sub-account pulls funds directly from the main account.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't? My brother and I have separate accounts on my PS3 and we each have to fund our wallets separately. Same for any other accounts on the PS3.

[quote name='wrencrest']It just shows how fucked up the English language is that people can read something and get ten different perspectives on what the person meant. Man we need to clean up our language.[/QUOTE]

Inflammable means flammable? What a country.

Don't worry, Chinese economy report just came out. They will be invading soon and we will get a new one.

[quote name='louiedog']Inflammable means flammable? What a country.[/QUOTE]
I didnt bother to read what everyone was discusing since I dont care. LOL
[quote name='6er']Don't worry, Chinese economy report just came out. They will be invading soon and we will get a new one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah and I just read about the way the country prepares for their college entrance exam. Holy crap we are in trouble.

[quote name='wrencrest']
Yeah and I just read about the way the country prepares for their college entrance exam. Holy crap we are in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Wait. So, a free Xbox for college students isn't productive? I mean... At least they have to buy a computer to get it and computer sounds smart.

@FerDK

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like someone was able to procure quite a few codes from the E3 conference. Heck for $30 I will give it a whirl.

[quote name='FerDK']I just saw this (only 7 available)...
EBAY: Playstation Plus 1-Year for $30.
Seems to be a trusted seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110894816186?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1952.l2649[/QUOTE]

he puts up ten or more at a time I bought 2 from him yesterday,this is the third or fourth auction that I know of. Both my codes worked, I'm good till 2015. Don't know what ps+ will look like then so holding off of more.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']He's trust worthy. Bought one from him yesterday, friend also bought one.

Buy one before he gets arrested. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was checking his seller rating and noticed that he has sold over twenty 1-year cards. LOL where did he get them?!

whoops I did not delete the link when I quoted the post so my post got deleted,but the codes are all from E3 is my guess, he probably got his hand on the spare boxes of them or something. Who knows maybe dumpster diving. if you do not know they were giving out the codes at E3

[quote name='6er']whoops I did not delete the link when I quoted the post so my post got deleted,but the codes are all from E3 is my guess, he probably got his hand on the spare boxes of them or something. Who knows maybe dumpster diving[/QUOTE]

Don't worry this will be deleted also. Mine was deleted and I never quoted anything.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have to highly recommend grabbing the Kane & Lynch character pack for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as it goes a bit further than just being a new set of skins. They change the cutscenes a bit and have unique dialog for Kane & Lynch with them cursing up a storm at times. The set-up is also great.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know (or more likely forgot) that even existed. Will have to pick it up. This is easily one of the best PSN games imo. Very fun couch co-op.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I didn't even know (or more likely forgot) that even existed. Will have to pick it up. This is easily one of the best PSN games imo. Very fun couch co-op.[/QUOTE]
Never played LC games before, guess I'll try it out.

Well now that I am a Plus member I realize my HD is WAY too small. I have one of the original 60 GB Backward compatible version. Time to look for a cheap upgrade. Any suggestions?

Also:

Q: I'm interested in PlayStation Plus. Do I keep the games that are taken down from the PS+ section of the PS Store?
A: Yes, you can keep playing those games for the length of your subscription. There's no need to rush yourself to beat those games within the month unless you're just enjoying it that much.

So as long as I have downloaded Infamous 2 to my HD I can play it for free for the next year? Sorry for the noob questions. Just trying to understand how this works.

[quote name='cancerman1120']
Also:
So as long as I have downloaded Infamous 2 to my HD I can play it for free for the next year? Sorry for the noob questions. Just trying to understand how this works.[/QUOTE]

As long as you're still a PS+ subscriber, you'll be able to play it whenever. From what I understand, (according to another CAG and a couple folks on other sites) you also can still play them even if you lapse in your subscription but renew it later. Essentially, you can play them at any given time if you're actively subscribed. =P

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']As long as you're still a PS+ subscriber, you'll be able to play it whenever. From what I understand, (according to another CAG and a couple folks on other sites) you also can still play them even if you lapse in your subscription but renew it later. Essentially, you can play them at any given time if you're actively subscribed. =P[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Well I am definitely upgrading the HD then.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']As long as you're still a PS+ subscriber, you'll be able to play it whenever. From what I understand, (according to another CAG and a couple folks on other sites) you also can still play them even if you lapse in your subscription but renew it later. Essentially, you can play them at any given time if you're actively subscribed. =P[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']Thanks! Well I am definitely upgrading the HD then.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the key is to make sure you remember to go to the PS Store and "purchase" the game(s) before they stop being "free." That way, you'll have them in your download/transaction history for the price you "paid" and you don't have to download them until you're ready.

I hope that made sense.

[quote name='docj88']blahblahblahebaylink http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Playsta...992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759bf020[/QUOTE]
Even with the disclaimer there, I find it more than a little strange how your only post on the site now is a link directly to where you are selling these cards.

I'm beginning to wonder at this point if all these $30 PSN+ Codes are similar to those XBL cards a year or two back. Hacked/compromised accounts on amazon (or in this case maybe Best Buy? Didn't they lose their passwords recently?) that were used to buy the codes and then resell them.

Not to be a negative nancy here, but we still haven't heard any sort of reasoning for all the cheap ps+ cards that keep cropping up have we?

[quote name='docj88']Hey guys. I've been lurking on this website for a while. I'm excited to be apart of the CAG community. You fellas helped me save tons of $$$ and create a massive backlog.

To show my appreciation i'm linking to where to buy 1 year plus memberships at a discounted price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Playsta...992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759bf020[/QUOTE]

Dude, what are the odds that that dude on ebay selling the cards username and your username on here are the same?

Like, 1 in a million right?

EDIT: Oh, this is gonna be deleted.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well now that I am a Plus member I realize my HD is WAY too small. I have one of the original 60 GB Backward compatible version. Time to look for a cheap upgrade. Any suggestions?

Also:

Q: I'm interested in PlayStation Plus. Do I keep the games that are taken down from the PS+ section of the PS Store?
A: Yes, you can keep playing those games for the length of your subscription. There's no need to rush yourself to beat those games within the month unless you're just enjoying it that much.

So as long as I have downloaded Infamous 2 to my HD I can play it for free for the next year? Sorry for the noob questions. Just trying to understand how this works.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to have it downloaded to your HD. As long as you've "bought" the game off the PS Store, and it's in your download history, you'll always have access to it as long as you're a PS+ member.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You don't have to have it downloaded to your HD. As long as you've "bought" the game off the PS Store, and it's in your download history, you'll always have access to it as long as you're a PS+ member.[/QUOTE]
and to add a little to this. If you let your subscription expire, you'll be able to get all the games back if you renew.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Yep, the key is to make sure you remember to go to the PS Store and "purchase" the game(s) before they stop being "free." That way, you'll have them in your download/transaction history for the price you "paid" and you don't have to download them until you're ready.

I hope that made sense.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']You don't have to have it downloaded to your HD. As long as you've "bought" the game off the PS Store, and it's in your download history, you'll always have access to it as long as you're a PS+ member.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']and to add a little to this. If you let your subscription expire, you'll be able to get all the games back if you renew.[/QUOTE]

Suddenly I am feeling a little stupid for not doing this before.:roll:

Anybody who is looking to upgrade their PS3 HDD should check any 2.5" external drives they may have. If they are a little older, chances are they will have the SATA to USB adapter inside and you can use those in your PS3. I cracked open a Seagate 500GB I had and installed it in my PS3. Upgrading the PS3 HDD isn't hard, but it is time consuming, especially if you already have a lot on your existing HDD.

[quote name='Tsel']No it doesn't? My brother and I have separate accounts on my PS3 and we each have to fund our wallets separately. Same for any other accounts on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Do you have two master accounts or one master and one sub-account? If all of the accounts are master accounts you cannot use the funds accross them. I do not fund my sub-account and have been able to make purchases off that account using funds from the wallet of my master account.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Suddenly I am feeling a little stupid for not doing this before.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing (not going in and buying everything free) during part of the free 3 months. Didn't miss out on that much, but considering it takes all of 30 seconds to go into the store, add to cart, and check out, I feel a little stupid too that I missed anything at all.

[quote name='beerrun']You should not need to fund a separate account, using a sub-account pulls funds directly from the main account.[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing. I want to own the game and not only the 'free' PS+ version, since unless there's an insane sale($15 oopsie at Target again) I don't plan on re-upping PS+ on or before June 19th when my 4 months worth of free trial codes run out.

I picked up a 320 GB Western Digital drive at Best Buy today for $60. Made the swap in less than 10 minutes. Of course, it took 3 1/2 hours to transfer about 90gb of data to a USB drive first, and another 3 1/2 hours to move it back when I was done.
No big deal considering the amount of free games Sony is dealing out this month, and promises to continue dealing out in the months ahead.

IAm, why don't you get some PSN cards from Langers and buy a year? 4 upc codes = $10, so if you drink juice they have almost every flavor, the 16 ounce 12 packs get u $30 in cards and they sell them for $15 on amazon

Looks like you can buy VF5 Complete Edition even if you grabbed the normal version for free, so if you want to own that game, there's your chance.

Anybody else having probs with the Infamous 2 Plus download? I got it installed, 15GB holy shnikes, and it shows up as a trial.

Some say completing the sixty minute trial on the Playstation Europe blog makes it then work. Anybody run into that problem? Silly me I deleted the damn thing without trying it first.

[quote name='honkyjesus']Anybody else having probs with the Infamous 2 Plus download? I got it installed, 15GB holy shnikes, and it shows up as a trial.

Some say completing the sixty minute trial on the Playstation Europe blog makes it then work. Anybody run into that problem? Silly me I deleted the damn thing without trying it first.[/QUOTE]

You're the 3rd person, in this thread, who've mentioned that happening with a game. I wonder what that's all about?

Too bad you gotta redownload it!:hot: Lol! Oh well, it's free!

I saw the 30min timer, then 15 min, but I kept playing Ratchet until it cut me off, then saw the bag was blue instead of red. Re- 'purchased' it and it played through! I think I'm close to beating the game!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']IAm, why don't you get some PSN cards from Langers and buy a year? 4 upc codes = $10, so if you drink juice they have almost every flavor, the 16 ounce 12 packs get u $30 in cards and they sell them for $15 on amazon[/QUOTE]
I'd prefer to get the $.60 ones from Wally World(if they sell them around here) and get the $10 cards for around $3 each.;)

I do have a question for heavy ps+ users, many of us in the states have caps on Internet usage, any of you have issues with this and downloading so many games?

[quote name='hereon']I do have a question for heavy ps+ users, many of us in the states have caps on Internet usage, any of you have issues with this and downloading so many games?[/QUOTE]

So far no, but I hear Comcast is switching to charging for going over the limit. I use over 400-600GBs a month and the data cap is 250. :bouncy:

Might switch to FiOS because of no data cap.

my walmart has 1 bottle of langers and its a large one for 3 bucks.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but there is a free DLC mission pack for Choplifter HD it has a few "zombie" missions and a badass chopper that you can use in the other missions..

I'm so disappointed that Sony separates their downloadable retail games from the disc games in regards to saves. I have saves of all the new free titles from the discs so now the digital versions are almost worthless to me. What a bizarre decision by Sony.

As far as I know the non-Sony full titles don't have this same issue as they don't have the (Digital) title tag like the Sony titles. I have yet to test this yet, though. Has anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back