PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701'] Also, it's funny all these PS+ questions that pop up. They're all answered in the OP, albeit a few posts down. Maybe Frisky could try to draw a little bit more attention to them? Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

No one ever reads the OP..... :roll:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Why rather have it on 360? The PS3 version plays great and MS has shown they have no interest in discounting their good games on demand (Crysis, RE4, RE:CV, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I dunno about Jello, but I always get shooters and racing games for Xbox than PS3 (though maybe I shouldn't have passed up Driver from the Gamefly sale for PS3). The triggers are just more intuitive for those kinds of games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, it's funny all these PS+ questions that pop up. They're all answered in the OP, albeit a few posts down. Maybe Frisky could try to draw a little bit more attention to them? Just a thought...[/QUOTE]
What do I need to do? Flashing lights and neon signs? Annoying signature pointing to FAQ? Death threats?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What do I need to do? Flashing lights and neon signs? Annoying signature pointing to FAQ? Death threats?[/QUOTE]

Would death threats even work?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Why rather have it on 360? The PS3 version plays great and MS has shown they have no interest in discounting their good games on demand (Crysis, RE4, RE:CV, etc.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Crisis is AMAZING on PS3- really surprised it was ever ported, automatically one of the best fps on consoles this gen[/QUOTE]

Well, I was going to buy it on the 360 because according to the digital foundry, "Performance doesn't improve during sequences of heavy gunplay either, with the general rule of thumb being that the PS3 will run at 5-10FPS less than its 360 counterpart under equivalent periods of strain.

I suppose the difference isn't so dramatic as to necessitate paying $10 more for the XBL version. Thanks guys, I will be picking this up after all.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What do I need to do? Flashing lights and neon signs? Annoying signature pointing to FAQ? Death threats?[/QUOTE]

death threats, definitely.

edit: Actually, that may be extreme. Start with castration (or equivalent) and work your way up.

I think a non-obtrusive signature link would be appropriate. I was honestly surprised you didn't already have one.

[quote name='aus_nacht']death threats, definitely.

edit: Actually, that may be extreme. Start with castration (or equivalent) and work your way up.[/QUOTE]
WAIT! You've got that backwards... Take my life not my balls!!

[quote name='aus_nacht']death threats, definitely.

edit: Actually, that may be extreme. Start with castration (or equivalent) and work your way up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think I would rather die than be castrated or maimed!!

So the PSBlog should be letting us know the Plus Preview in about 10 mins, huh?

Pac-Man, RenOps and Motorstorm Apocolypse is my bet.
Any takers?

C'mon Motorstorm! Just bought the PS3 display and traded the game in to offset the cost, would be great if it came up free. Would help a lot of people who bought it.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Outside bet on ICO[/QUOTE]

Would be weird since shadow of the colossus is part of the sale...

Motorstorm apocalypse WILL be made for ps+ eventually...since almost all 1st party games are given that treatment

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']So the PSBlog should be letting us know the Plus Preview in about 10 mins, huh?

Pac-Man, RenOps and Motorstorm Apocolypse is my bet.
Any takers?[/QUOTE]

10,000:1 - Retro City Rampage, which will also be revealed to be releasing later this month (a guy can dream, can't he)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Would be weird since shadow of the colossus is part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

That's why i think it may be upcoming.
Sony has said they are trying not to repeat the mistake of Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2 by offering sales then giving it away.
If ICO were free, more people may be inclined to pick up SOTC cheap. It was weird for them just to announce a sale on one, but not the other.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-to-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

The PS+ Schedule for the first half of July:
Last month we gave all PlayStation Plus members an Instant Game Collection that included 12 full PS3 and PSN games, and it’s been a resounding hit with gamers everywhere! This month, we’re continuing the free game goodness by bringing three new titles to your collection in PlayStation Plus.

Break out the fireworks for the July 3rd PlayStation Store update, where PlayStation Plus members will be able to download Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops for FREE!

Get PlayStation Plus Now

July 3rd PlayStation Plus Update

Gotham City Impostors: Previously announced as 50% off in Plus as part of the PSN Summer Sale, we’ve got a surprise for Plus members as Gotham City Impostors will be free for the month of July! Hatched from the twisted minds at Monolith Productions, Gotham City Impostors is a download-only multiplayer FPS that pits violent vigilantes (dressed up like Batman) against craven criminals (dressed up as the Joker) in open warfare on the streets of Gotham City. Since its release, there have been a ton of new additions to the game, including more customization options, thousands of player unlocks and upgrades, and more. Check out Giant Bomb’s review praising its gameplay and outstanding humor. Add this phenomenal multiplayer FPS to your collection this July – free with your PlayStation Plus membership.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: This edition of one of gaming’s most beloved franchises takes the series in a bold, and incredibly addictive direction. With fast-paced gameplay, countless twists on the classic Pac-Man experience, awesome head-bumping music, and crazy-good leaderboard integration, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is a title that no gamer should miss — IGN gave it a 10 out 10! And now, with your PlayStation Plus membership, you won’t have to!

Renegade Ops: Last year’s PSN PLAY promotion introduced 4 amazing PSN games to heat up the last days of summer. Renegade Ops was one of those titles and deservedly so. The critically-acclaimed PSN game boasts 4 player co-op, destructible environments (using the Just Cause 2 engine), addictive gameplay, and lots of fun add-ons. This title will spice up your PlayStation Plus game collection with firepower on the back of co-op gameplay, and is a true must-download for all members. Check out 1up.com’s Renegade Ops review, where it scored a perfect “A” grade.

PSN Summer Sale: If you saw the PlayStation Store’s Summer Sale news this morning, you know that you’ll be able to heat up your PSN games collection by taking advantage of some deep discounts on major PS3 Full Game titles: Shadow of the Colossus, Killzone 3 Multiplayer, and more are all on sale this week with 50% off deals for PlayStation Plus members!

July 10th PlayStation Plus Update

Rainbow Moon: This PSN exclusive strategy role-playing game comes packed with strong emphasis on exploration, character development and turn-based battles. And the best part is that PlayStation Plus members will receive a 20% discount when it releases on July 10th! With a classic isometric open world, six playable main characters, more than 20 dungeons, around 100 special skills, fully customizable weapons, armor and accessories; Rainbow Moon is a massive game that offers all the features that you want from a traditional RPG… and a lot more!

That’s it for now! We’ll have another update for you midway through the month with more great Plus content, including offers on a psychedelic racing game, exclusive access to an action-packed beta, and amazing deals on anticipated new PSN releases. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Store Update posts every Tuesday to stay current with all the offerings made available to PlayStation Plus members.

Also, please share your feedback regarding this month’s PlayStation Plus update in the comments. Some of the burning questions we have for you include: Do you prefer monthly Plus free games updates all at once, or more of a steady feed of content arriving through the month? On a scale of 1-10, what would you score the current Instant Game Collection lineup?

(Please note that Virtua Fighter 5, Hard Corp: Uprising, and Zombie Apocalypse will be rotated out of the PlayStation Plus catalog on 7/3. However, you can still download them prior to the 7/3 PlayStation Store Update hits, and will be able to keep them in your collection as long as you are a PlayStation Plus member – so if you haven’t added these awesome games to your queue then we suggest you do so now! )
Looks like they're going back to the old, old way of announcing updates with a post every two weeks instead of a full month in advance.

Cool, I'll check out GCI for the price of $0.00.

I wish they would post the upcoming PS+ discounts for the month as well, like they used to...

Actually looking forward to trying Gotham city I posters- definitely not a game I ever would have spent money on, so hopefully this week with it being free the online multiplayer will be active

[quote name='tylerh1701']Cool, I'll check out GCI for the price of $0.00.

I wish they would post the upcoming PS+ discounts for the month as well, like they used to...[/QUOTE]

yeah :whistle2:( what caused them to change that anyways?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Cool, I'll check out GCI for the price of $0.00.

I wish they would post the upcoming PS+ discounts for the month as well, like they used to...[/QUOTE]
People ripped them constantly for having things on the list that weren't 100% confirmed, so now they're going into hiding and not telling us much of anything.

[quote name='buckythekat']yeah :whistle2:( what caused them to change that anyways?[/QUOTE]

They want you to make an impulse buy.

[quote name='buckythekat']yeah :whistle2:( what caused them to change that anyways?[/QUOTE]

Prob because they listed Rayman as being 50% off and then it was only 30% when the time came for it to go on sale

[quote name='whitereflection']I dunno about Jello, but I always get shooters and racing games for Xbox than PS3 (though maybe I shouldn't have passed up Driver from the Gamefly sale for PS3). The triggers are just more intuitive for those kinds of games.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's my exact reason.

The PS3 controller works fine, but I prefer the feel of the 360 controller over the ps3 controller, especially for shooters.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']People ripped them constantly for having things on the list that weren't 100% confirmed, so now they're going into hiding and not telling us much of anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']Prob because they listed Rayman as being 50% off and then it was only 30% when the time came for it to go on sale[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd agree that the Rayman situation was the was the last straw and they decided to just keep discounts quiet until they were ready to post them. (And to be fair, I was critical of them for that Rayman situation, so I guess I'll reap what I soe(d?))

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']By the way, if you want them to listen to your feedback, be sure to post it over on the blog post since Morgan asked for it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I did 3 times. One piece of advice if you do plan to post over there, just go down to the comment box and post. Don't bother reading the comments, most of them sound so entitled it's cringe-inducing.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i didn't even know we're getting gotham city imposters for free on ps+
ps+ members also get a 20% discount on rainbow moon on 7/10

"Break out the fireworks for the July 3rd PlayStation Store update, where PlayStation Plus members will be able to download Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops for FREE!"
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-to-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/
yay[/QUOTE]
You're a little late to the news.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9750595&postcount=4212

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yup, I did 3 times. One piece of advice if you do plan to post over there, just go down to the comment box and post. Don't bother reading the comments, most of them sound so entitled it's cringe-inducing.[/QUOTE]
I like the petition that somebody started to get Mega Man X games on PSN. This is some GameFAQs-level stuff.

How underwhelming. 3 mediocre PSN games and they hype it up like it's amazing. Pac_man? Really? That might have been great news 25 years ago..lol.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Don't be a douche, it was posted in a thread and he didn't create a new one.[/QUOTE]
Huh? I'm just informing him that's already been posted in here.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']How underwhelming. 3 mediocre PSN games and they hype it up like it's amazing. Pac_man? Really? That might have been great news 25 years ago..lol.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna respond but then I saw who was posting.

And that is weird that they would give us a Summer Sale game for free.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I like the petition that somebody started to get Mega Man X games on PSN. This is some GameFAQs-level stuff.[/QUOTE]

LOL I just saw that. All I can say is WOW.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I was gonna respond but then I saw who was posting.

And that is weird that they would give us a Summer Sale game for free.[/QUOTE]

:applause: to the first sentence.

I agree to the 2nd sentence, but am definitely not complaining. PS+ definitely has a focus on online-MP games (Crash Commando, Awesomenauts, GCI) which is actually a really clever strategy to balloon out the number of people playing the game.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You always come off a little snarky to me also when someone posts something you've already posted.[/QUOTE]
That's never my intention at all, so I apologize if that's what you get from it. I Just try to keep people informed of the news so there's as little repetition as possible.

I just noticed the real last paragraph of the PS+ post and they hint at launch deals for Dyad, Dust 514 beta for PS+, and some more launch day deals.

We’ll have another update for you midway through the month with more great Plus content, including offers on a psychedelic racing game, exclusive access to an action-packed beta, and amazing deals on anticipated new PSN releases.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's never my intention at all, so I apologize if that's what you get from it. I Just try to keep people informed of the news so there's as little repetition as possible.[/QUOTE]

You always come off a little raccoony to me.

Jeez, is it "Hate on FriskyTanuki" day or what.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's never my intention at all, so I apologize if that's what you get from it. I Just try to keep people informed of the news so there's as little repetition as possible.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know its not your intention. I've seen your posts and know your really not that sort of person. I also understand that the repitition can get out of control in these threads. I do appreciate what you do in this thread. A little thanks but its been posted though can go a long way. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just noticed the real last paragraph of the PS+ post and they hint at launch deals for Dyad, Dust 514 beta for PS+, and some more launch day deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I skipped over that the first time I read the post too. And thank you for mentioning Dyad as the "psychedelic racer", I had no fuckin clue what game he was referring to.

Pacman and Renegade Ops are both fantastic for anyone who hasn't played them (unfortunately I already own them). I'm excited to give GCI a try, though.

If you haven't played Pac-Man CE DX, it's the easiest 100% game I've ever played. It took me about 20 minutes each to get all of the achievements for the XBLA version, which I'll happily do for the PSN version tomorrow.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ame-collection/comment-page-1/#comment-731268

Morgan's confirmed no anniversary sale for PS+ subs, which is surprising that they don't want to boast about the success of PS+ with its second anniversary passing last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you haven't played Pac-Man CE DX, it's the easiest 100% game I've ever played. It took me about 20 minutes each to get all of the achievements for the XBLA version, which I'll happily do for the PSN version tomorrow.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ame-collection/comment-page-1/#comment-731268

Morgan's confirmed no anniversary sale for PS+ subs, which is surprising that they don't want to boast about the success of PS+ with its second anniversary passing last week.[/QUOTE]

Getting 100% trophies takes much longer because you have to clear all the time trials and score attacks.

As long as I get 100% trophies before a game goes free for Plus, I'm fine with paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back