PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That was a special entry just for that giveaway, so you'll lose it if you delete it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Guess I'll just pick up the DLC for flOw then

Hmm, so I'm considering Modnation Racers since I haven't seen a good sale on it before. I probably won't be creating custom maps or anything, but I might. I don't have the main game or any of the DLC yet and only want to buy the most worthwhile content. Which DLC can I skip?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Thanks. Guess I'll just pick up the DLC for flOw then[/QUOTE]

be careful! there is some type of bug when trying to use the DLC on flow after its been patched or something. so if you have flOw free the DLC might not work on it at all.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']How is Young Thor?

I know it has no relation to the Avenger's Thor but it looks entertaining and he even has a Hammer![/QUOTE]

Young Thor was a great game and one of the best minis I've played. You have different attacks like the hammer and a lightning attack and can get stronger type attacks and extra gear by completing the levels. There's four worlds but like 8 stages in each world which may be slightly altered. A few boss battles and you gain extra power and HP and magic with leveling up. And you'll have to replay some levels to improve your stats, can replay any level. No trophies but trophy like awards description in game.

What's up with these developer sales skimping the past few weeks? Hey, I'm all for any kind of sale, but if you're going to advertise a developer sale why is some content suspiciously missing? Where was the AC: Revelations DLC? This week, we have thatgamecompany content on sale, yet Journey is conspiculously missing. Not even $5 off?

I'm also kicking myself for not getting Outland. I have it for 360 already but was going back and forth on whether to get it for PS3 as well. I finally decided to pull the trigger at around 4pm EST and the store had already been updated. WTF? Any other time the damn thing doesn't update until after 6pm. Just my luck. :(

I just got done with the Journey Demo. So glad I waited for it to have a demo/go on sale. It's neat with a very serene atmosphere, but not worth $15 in my opinion.

The demo was extremely linear where if I veered off the correct path, hurricane force winds would blow me back to where I was supposed to go. I don't know how the rest of the game is, but without any kind of incentive to replay it the price needs to drop first for me to consider purchasing it.

I read in one of the reviews that unless you're matched with a random players for cooperative play, the gameplay suffers. I'm not going to hate on this game since I could see what they were going for, it's just not for me at this time.

Young Thor is basically side-scrolling God of War for kids. It's good, but only having four levels with varying versions of each with different difficulty levels isn't as good as having a linear set of unique levels. The main strategy it requires is playing the levels with the lowest difficulty until you run into a roadblock and then go back to an easy level to grind a bit more, which makes it repetitive.

Anybody that wants a good Mini on the cheap should check out One Epic Game, which is a sidescrolling shooter/platformer where you're constantly running at full speed and need to complete the different goals you're given for each level. It's kind of a Monster Dash meets Canabalt.

For recommendable Minis for Vita, check out Alien Zombie Death, Doodle Fit, Mecho Wars, OMG-Z, and One Epic Game.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']That's only the additions this week. The complete list is quite a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

Oh the list is the list. But I looking for games like Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core to make the jump. Never happen, maybe? Still got hope.

Seems like other stores have games we missing. Which is odd. Although it goes both ways.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Might be a stupid question, but is the PS3 version of flOw the same one that was available for free a couple of years ago? I remember getting it for free and it is installed on my HDD, but it's not listed as previously purchased for me nor is it listed in my previously downloaded list[/QUOTE]

During that giveaway part of the terms were that you couldn't re-download the game. I haven't seen this on any other PSN promotion but that's why it doesn't show as previously purchased or on your download list.

I'm in the same boat as you and briefly considered purchasing it to lock it in for that price, but I am too cheap-ass to do that I guess.

[quote name='TopSpot123']During that giveaway part of the terms were that you couldn't re-download the game. I haven't seen this on any other PSN promotion but that's why it doesn't show as previously purchased or on your download list.

I'm in the same boat as you and briefly considered purchasing it to lock it in for that price, but I am too cheap-ass to do that I guess.[/QUOTE]

My case was actually about if I should buy the DLC or not, but as someone pointed out, there's some kind of bug with it. Guess I'll hold out for now.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What's up with these developer sales skimping the past few weeks? Hey, I'm all for any kind of sale, but if you're going to advertise a developer sale why is some content suspiciously missing? Where was the AC: Revelations DLC? This week, we have thatgamecompany content on sale, yet Journey is conspiculously missing. Not even $5 off?

I'm also kicking myself for not getting Outland. I have it for 360 already but was going back and forth on whether to get it for PS3 as well. I finally decided to pull the trigger at around 4pm EST and the store had already been updated. WTF? Any other time the damn thing doesn't update until after 6pm. Just my luck. :([/QUOTE]

a developer sale doesn't mean EVERYTHING, but select things. accusing them of being suspicious and conspiculous (wtf does that even mean) is pretty asinine. the game came out only a couple weeks ago.

This is the developer saying: hey thanks for buying journey, if you liked our most recent game, try some of our older games at a reduced price!

the amount of entitlement you portray is pretty gross man. if you don't like whats on sale, move along.

Finally a thatgamecompany sale! I'll be grabbing Flower, Flow, and all the related themes, soundtracks, and avatars. :)

Question about the Modnation Racers DLC: I'm not really interested in level creation, but I'm all for new levels. I assume that the career extensions are what I'm looking for? And how are they? $5 a piece is still kinda expensive.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What's up with these developer sales skimping the past few weeks? Hey, I'm all for any kind of sale, but if you're going to advertise a developer sale why is some content suspiciously missing? Where was the AC: Revelations DLC? This week, we have thatgamecompany content on sale, yet Journey is conspiculously missing. Not even $5 off?

I'm also kicking myself for not getting Outland. I have it for 360 already but was going back and forth on whether to get it for PS3 as well. I finally decided to pull the trigger at around 4pm EST and the store had already been updated. WTF? Any other time the damn thing doesn't update until after 6pm. Just my luck. :([/QUOTE]
The Ubisoft sale was for full games and their DLC. Assassin's Creed Revelations isn't on PSN yet, so the DLC wasn't going to be on sale.

Journey's doing too well for them to have a discount this quickly, which is the standard for that situation. You're not going to get a sale on games like Trials Evolution on XBLA for a while either.

You're just gambling with the devil when you wait that long to make up your mind.

[quote name='Xerxes']Oh the list is the list. But I looking for games like Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core to make the jump. Never happen, maybe? Still got hope.

Seems like other stores have games we missing. Which is odd. Although it goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Getting Birth by Sleep on PSN is a tremendous trial due to Disney having a stick up their ass about digital distribution.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']My case was actually about if I should buy the DLC or not, but as someone pointed out, there's some kind of bug with it. Guess I'll hold out for now.[/QUOTE]

Damn it. Read this too late. I can confirm the bug.

So what's the bug that you guys are talking about with flOw? I can't find much about it besides it possibly having to do with installing the DLC after the latest update? Couldn't you just delete the game and game data and do a fresh download/install of the game and DLC before starting it up again to get the update? That's what this suggests.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']So what's the bug that you guys are talking about with flOw? I can't find much about it besides it possibly having to do with installing the DLC after the latest update? Couldn't you just delete the game and game data and do a fresh download/install of the game and DLC before starting it up again to get the update? That's what this suggests.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless you got the free version, in which case redownloading is not an option.

[quote name='Magicman103']I hope retro city rampage comes out next week. I'm dying to play that game :)[/QUOTE]

99.9% sure it's not gonna happen. There was article about the game today on the PS Blog, and the developer still doesn't have a firm date for release.

So glad both Flow (especially the bundle) & Flower are on sale. & thanks for the info about a glitch. So pretty much install the game THEN the expansion to avoid it.

[quote name='Bosamba']I just got done with the Journey Demo. So glad I waited for it to have a demo/go on sale. It's neat with a very serene atmosphere, but not worth $15 in my opinion.

The demo was extremely linear where if I veered off the correct path, hurricane force winds would blow me back to where I was supposed to go. I don't know how the rest of the game is, but without any kind of incentive to replay it the price needs to drop first for me to consider purchasing it.

I read in one of the reviews that unless you're matched with a random players for cooperative play, the gameplay suffers. I'm not going to hate on this game since I could see what they were going for, it's just not for me at this time.[/QUOTE]

I have replayed Journey 5 or 6 times, and I don't typically do online co-op or multi-player in games either. To each their own I suppose, but I had all of those same concerns and have absolutely adored it.

Quick question - how is the PS Mini game, The Impossible Game, for $0.99 a "sale" or "deal price"? I bought it quite awhile back for that price, then was telling my friend about it quite awhile later, looked it up to make sure and it was still $0.99. Unless I just randomly happened to look at it while it was on sale at 2 completely different and random time frames, that just seems kinda odd. :whistle2:s

[quote name='JanusDS']Quick question - how is the PS Mini game, The Impossible Game, for $0.99 a "sale" or "deal price"? I bought it quite awhile back for that price, then was telling my friend about it quite awhile later, looked it up to make sure and it was still $0.99. Unless I just randomly happened to look at it while it was on sale at 2 completely different and random time frames, that just seems kinda odd. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I think it's free on android. Try it. It's pretty lame. You've got your jump button and that's it, your 'character' (a block), moves forward on its own.

[quote name='JanusDS']Quick question - how is the PS Mini game, The Impossible Game, for $0.99 a "sale" or "deal price"? I bought it quite awhile back for that price, then was telling my friend about it quite awhile later, looked it up to make sure and it was still $0.99. Unless I just randomly happened to look at it while it was on sale at 2 completely different and random time frames, that just seems kinda odd. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
The Impossible Game – Minis (Sale) (PSP) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/15/playstation-store-update-239/

[quote name='Nohbdy']Getting Birth by Sleep on PSN is a tremendous trial due to Disney having a stick up their ass about digital distribution.[/QUOTE]

This sux. They hate money or something? :p

I still don't get the hold out of Square Enix. I was wondering if maybe they'd planned to up res and Vita sell it. They do love to double dip. Although they had no issues putting 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012 up. Who knows.

It's some other notable mentions. I imagine some are like MUA, where the license is up.

[quote name='AoA']Young Thor was a great game and one of the best minis I've played. You have different attacks like the hammer and a lightning attack and can get stronger type attacks and extra gear by completing the levels. There's four worlds but like 8 stages in each world which may be slightly altered. A few boss battles and you gain extra power and HP and magic with leveling up. And you'll have to replay some levels to improve your stats, can replay any level. No trophies but trophy like awards description in game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Downloaded it!

That sale ended yesterday and the disclaimer above the list clearly says that we knew nothing about what was going to be on sale, so nothing there was guaranteed to be on sale.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That sale ended yesterday and the disclaimer above the list clearly says that we knew nothing about what was going to be on sale, so nothing there was guaranteed to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Ended yesterday? So they didn't happen at all then right? I read the disclaimer I just wasn't sure if it was on the not happening list.

[quote name='htz']Another PSN Maintenance for the whole day tomorrow.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
Except that apparently, unlike last time, you will be able to sign in to play online. You just won't be able to access PS Home or the store.

During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “PlayStation Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. Online play will not be affected and you will be able to enjoy apps such as Netflix and Amazon Instant Video during this maintenance as well, provided that you have signed into the network within 5 days prior to the start of the maintenance period.
Although I wonder if that means you have to be signed in before 10am tomorrow and STAY signed in to be able to play online during the maintenance or not.:whistle2:#

[quote name='shadowkast']I think it's free on android. Try it. It's pretty lame. You've got your jump button and that's it, your 'character' (a block), moves forward on its own.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've played it; I already have it on my PS3, must have been on sale previously for $0.99 since that's what I paid for way back when I got it. I like it; it's not much in the way of variety but it's still a fun little time waster if you're bored. :)

So does anyone have any feedback on PixelJunk 4am? I was thinking about picking it up if only to have a better visualizer for my music, but I also have 2 Move controllers. Worth it for full price??

[quote name='Xerxes']Ended yesterday? So they didn't happen at all then right? I read the disclaimer I just wasn't sure if it was on the not happening list.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the sale was from 5/15 to 5/22, so if it wasn't on sale, it's not happening at the moment.

[quote name='mpaullin']So does anyone have any feedback on PixelJunk 4am? I was thinking about picking it up if only to have a better visualizer for my music, but I also have 2 Move controllers. Worth it for full price??[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're into. It's not necessarily a game so much as a live DJ/mixing/performance platform with a lot of possibilities and options for creativity...and where everything is broadcast live to an audience of varying size over the internet. You can also watch other people perform. If you want to check it out first, you can download the free viewer from the store and watch a few people play and see what it's all about. And, yes, the visualizer is cool, too.

It seems simple at first, but you can really use the samples to create your own loops and rhythms and apply effects loops and come up with some cool stuff without even using the selection of default song parts (although those are fun, too). Being a musician, I've had a blast doing live hour or 2 hour sets to over a hundred people (especially doing coop myself so I can rock out with 2 move controllers at once). If that sounds cool to you, I'd totally recommend it at the $10 price tag.

[quote name='Blade3D']I can't wait for Doctor Who to go up!!! I've been waiting so long!!![/QUOTE]

Yep, it's up. I think I'm on the last level already (after a few 3 or 4 hour sessions). Really great game, actually. Maybe better than I was expecting...aside from a few annoying bugs (like a friendly AI bug that's occurred twice to me now where River just stands there and won't do anything when you need her to help you move a block...which basically forces you to quit the game and reload...and since quitting and reloading starts you at the beginning of the level instead of your last checkpoint, I had to replay like 30 or 40 minutes of the game at one point...wasn't happy about that). The PC adventure games from the last couple years were buggier, though. And the game itself is a blast and was totally worth the wait and the $19.99.

[quote name='Xerxes']Ended yesterday? So they didn't happen at all then right? I read the disclaimer I just wasn't sure if it was on the not happening list.[/QUOTE]

No, they won't happen at all. Sales on PSN are posted on Tuesday, and are the same for the whole week. Nothing is added or changed except for on Tuesdays. So if a sale goes up on Tuesday, and the content you were looking for is not there, then there's no chance it will be on sale until at least the next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back