PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who knows much about LBP2 could you answer me this?

I have never played an LBP game on my account (played around with the first one on a friends once)
What's the story with stuff continuing over from LBP1 to LBP2?

Cause I'm hunting around the Store for free LBP content. If I d/l stuff from 1 will it show up on 2? I've read conflicting reports.
Thanks.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Anyone who knows much about LBP2 could you answer me this?

I have never played an LBP game on my account (played around with the first one on a friends once)
What's the story with stuff continuing over from LBP1 to LBP2?

Cause I'm hunting around the Store for free LBP content. If I d/l stuff from 1 will it show up on 2? I've read conflicting reports.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

In my experience all content I had from 1 transferred to 2. I am not 100% sure if the additional levels transferred or not (they made new levels for the MGS pack, Marvel pack, etc.), but you won't be finding that for free anyway.

Ok thanks Frisky and mpaullin.

There's really nothing free on LBP2 huh?
I have to make sure I don't get sucked in to the " Oh it's only 99c why not?" mentality.
That could be dangerous. There is A TON of add-on costumes.

Another question: if you play people's levels can't you grab stuff from their levels to make your own levels?

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Ok thanks Frisky.

There's really nothing free on LBP2 huh?
I have to make sure I don't get sucked in to the " Oh it's only 99c why not?" mentality.
That could be dangerous. There is A TON of add-on costumes.

Another question: if you play people's levels can't you grab stuff from their levels to make your own levels?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you still need the appropriate add-ons to use them if applicable

Well.... looks like Sony got me. I'm joining the ps+ squad this afternoon.

I waited more than a year, I just bought 8 games off of half, 1 game off of ebay, 1 game off of GMG, and 5 games off of HB but then you had to go and say I could have 12 more for less than 5 dollars a month. :applause:

PS: You will have to answer to steam or my wallet later this month.

Maybe someone here can answer this question. I initially bought PS+ near the start for only 3 months as I wanted to see how much "free" stuff we really got, I was very pleased but figured when it ran out I would wait till there was an update that peaked my interest to resubscribe. I remember during the period I was not a plus member all of the games I got were locked out except Stacking. It still worked and I realized after going to the game that if you pressed triangle it didn't have an expiration date like other games had. Anyway here's the question.

I noticed several other games that don't show an expiration date on them when I check (Stacking, Costume Quest, PvZ, some Magic the Gathering game, and one other I can't remember), has anybody let their plus expire and notice whether or not the games I mention or not still work? If so, then it is very clear to me then any game that has an unlock code appears to be playable even without subscribing, and if enough of these 12 games fall into that category it would be worth $18 for people just to maybe get in on those games alone.

[quote name='elessar123']If I install the LBP2 Special Edition content, can I still use them with the PS+ version?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. I plan on trading in my copy, and it would be nice to keep the extras.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Maybe someone here can answer this question. I initially bought PS+ near the start for only 3 months as I wanted to see how much "free" stuff we really got, I was very pleased but figured when it ran out I would wait till there was an update that peaked my interest to resubscribe. I remember during the period I was not a plus member all of the games I got were locked out except Stacking. It still worked and I realized after going to the game that if you pressed triangle it didn't have an expiration date like other games had. Anyway here's the question.

I noticed several other games that don't show an expiration date on them when I check (Stacking, Costume Quest, PvZ, some Magic the Gathering game, and one other I can't remember), has anybody let their plus expire and notice whether or not the games I mention or not still work? If so, then it is very clear to me then any game that has an unlock code appears to be playable even without subscribing, and if enough of these 12 games fall into that category it would be worth $18 for people just to maybe get in on those games alone.[/QUOTE]

I have a few non-paid-for games from Plus that did not expire, but I think it varies to some extent from game to game. I believe the information you get from the triangle menu should be accurate (the game should show an expiration date that equals the date your Plus expires). I wouldn't count on being able to play a game after your Plus expires though. Sony may be adding DRM measures to the "instant game collection" titles to ensure that this does not happen. I couldn't say (and they're not likely to).

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Maybe someone here can answer this question. I initially bought PS+ near the start for only 3 months as I wanted to see how much "free" stuff we really got, I was very pleased but figured when it ran out I would wait till there was an update that peaked my interest to resubscribe. I remember during the period I was not a plus member all of the games I got were locked out except Stacking. It still worked and I realized after going to the game that if you pressed triangle it didn't have an expiration date like other games had. Anyway here's the question.

I noticed several other games that don't show an expiration date on them when I check (Stacking, Costume Quest, PvZ, some Magic the Gathering game, and one other I can't remember), has anybody let their plus expire and notice whether or not the games I mention or not still work? If so, then it is very clear to me then any game that has an unlock code appears to be playable even without subscribing, and if enough of these 12 games fall into that category it would be worth $18 for people just to maybe get in on those games alone.[/QUOTE]
They turn into demos because the unlock keys expire. They still have expiration dates even if you don't see one in the information.

[quote name='Blade3D']I would like to know this as well. I plan on trading in my copy, and it would be nice to keep the extras.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']If I install the LBP2 Special Edition content, can I still use them with the PS+ version?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They turn into demos because the unlock keys expire. They still have expiration dates even if you don't see one in the information.[/QUOTE]

Hm. That explains why I see "Purchase Now" on the title screen of the Sam and Max games.

I guess I was wrong then.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. That explains why I see "Purchase Now" on the title screen of the Sam and Max games.

I guess I was wrong then.[/QUOTE]
You can login at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to see your download history with expiration dates on everything that will expire.

[quote name='Blade3D']I would like to know this as well. I plan on trading in my copy, and it would be nice to keep the extras.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ProAnon']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Wait... am I missing something here? My copy of LBP2 SE (purchased brand new) didn't come with any voucher or code to download the extras, but instead seemed like they were on disc. Does the content get installed when you first run the game? It's been so long since I played it that I can't remember.

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']Wait... am I missing something here? My copy of LBP2 SE (purchased brand new) didn't come with any voucher or code to download the extras, but instead seemed like they were on disc. Does the content get installed when you first run the game? It's been so long since I played it that I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't stay installed; it's on the disc instead. I borrowed a friend's copy of the SE. When I returned his and used my standard version instead, all the SE bonus content was gone.

I think people are confusing this with the SE content on LBP getting transferred automatically to LBP 2 vanilla edition if you have a LBP SE save on your HDD. I had thought that it would be the same way with LBP2 SE to LBP2, but it clearly isn't.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can login at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to see your download history with expiration dates on everything that will expire.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you pointed me to this link because I haven't been able to find a non-glitched PS website since prior to the hacking incident, but the site doesn't list content from PS+ acquisitions only actual purchases you've made through the store (even $0.00 ones). I gather the PS+ stuff is just automatically added to your available content so no "purchase" takes place? I honestly don't remember; it's been about six or seven months since mine expired.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was just looking at it earlier and it had all of my PS+ stuff on there. It should be listed under the Games category of Media.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I looked for things like the Sam and Max games, Magic the Gathering, Fieldrunners, Stacking, et cetera and did not see them. In fact, I saw nothing with an expiration date shown.

Did you click on Transaction History or Media?

It should look like this:
picture.php

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you click on Transaction History or Media?

It should look like this:
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Media. I just don't see them. Maybe it's a different listing if you have an active PS+ sub.

[quote name='warreni']Media. I just don't see them. Maybe it's a different listing if you have an active PS+ sub.[/QUOTE]

PS+ content won't show up if it's expired, it'll be completely gone until you renew your subscription. It might show up in transaction history, but I haven't checked.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Frisky.

Decided to buy PS+ today and I managed to also get the games that expire today from the store so im all set for tommorow to download the other games.Im going to be super busy this summer.

[quote name='sunghost']PS+ content won't show up if it's expired, it'll be completely gone until you renew your subscription. It might show up in transaction history, but I haven't checked.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Frisky.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense to me.

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']Wait... am I missing something here? My copy of LBP2 SE (purchased brand new) didn't come with any voucher or code to download the extras, but instead seemed like they were on disc. Does the content get installed when you first run the game? It's been so long since I played it that I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I thought you meant if you had actual downloaded content that came with the SE of the game. If it is on the disc, then no, that won't be kept.

[quote name='warreni']Not me. I looked for things like the Sam and Max games, Magic the Gathering, Fieldrunners, Stacking, et cetera and did not see them. In fact, I saw nothing with an expiration date shown.[/QUOTE]

Mine is all there, purchases and free PS+ stuff.

[quote name='tylerh1701']what is the normal price for just cause 2 on psn? $29.99? (i'm debating selling my disc copy)

thanks in advance.[/quote]
$20.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']$20.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right, the ultimate bundle was $29.99 regular price I think. That makes sense now, thanks.

I might as well sell.

EDIT: That list you maintain in the other thread, is that seriously EVERYTHING on the PS Store? That's impressive.

The new games are downloadable now. They don't show up in the PS+ section yet; you have to search for them, but they are free. I'd suggest getting started on downloading Infamous 2 before the servers get crushed.

As a corollary to this, all the previously existing PS+ games and sales have expired, though they still show up in the PS+ section of the store.

[quote name='Graff^']The new games are downloadable now. They don't show up in the PS+ section yet; you have to search for them, but they are free. I'd suggest getting started on downloading Infamous 2 before the servers get crushed.

As a corollary to this, all the previously existing PS+ games and sales have expired, though they still show up in the PS+ section of the store.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i went right for Virtua Fighter and LBP2. Doubt i'm gonna even DL half of those games for a while, so damn big, and my HDD is only 120GB.

Wouldnt be surprised if there were network issues tonight

Just got a hitachi 500gb hard drive for $75 on amazon, I got soo much room now! Huge upgrade from 60gb! All these will only take a fraction of what I have

15gb for infamous 2!? I'm gonna need a bigger HDD. This 120gb isn't going to work anymore.

EDIT-I didn't read all these other posts, looks like I'm not alone.

[quote name='garrett007']Just got a hitachi 500gb hard drive for $75 on amazon, I got soo much room now! Huge upgrade from 60gb! All these will only take a fraction of what I have[/QUOTE]
Considering the fact I think that 5 or 10 percent of the HDD is reserved for system shit as soon as you format it to work with the PS3, you don't have all of the room that you think you do.:booty::razz:

As for me, my free PS+ is up in exactly two weeks, so I'm definitely not gonna waste the time downloading all these "free" games just to have them go inactive after that.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering the fact I think that 5 or 10 percent of the HDD is reserved for system shit as soon as you format it to work with the PS3, you don't have all of the room that you think you do.:booty::razz:

As for me, my free PS+ is up in exactly two weeks, so I'm definitely not gonna waste the time downloading all these "free" games just to have them go inactive after that.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey I was all happy since I used to have a 60gb HHD, now I see all 12 games used 60gb out of my 500! Way to ruin my mood! I'm gonna go cry now

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for me, my free PS+ is up in exactly two weeks, so I'm definitely not gonna waste the time downloading all these "free" games just to have them go inactive after that.:roll:[/QUOTE]
^My thoughts a year ago.

After renewing last month, I regret not doing so.

[quote name='Brother Daz']15gb for infamous 2!? I'm gonna need a bigger HDD. This 120gb isn't going to work anymore.

EDIT-I didn't read all these other posts, looks like I'm not alone.[/QUOTE]

Yep I just swapped my 120GB PS3 hard drive with my secondary laptop's 320GB hard drive. Figured my laptop didn't need all that space but my PS3 certainly will.

[quote name='garrett007']Don't know if this was posted before but each sly hd remake is 4.89[/QUOTE]

Nice. I will be getting 2 and 3 today then. Along with a few of the free games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back