PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gospelman']Good info here about a great sale, thanks.

Just wondering.. if I get a game free through PSN and then purchase DLC for that game.. will the game still be unplayable after my PSN+ sub expires?[/QUOTE]

Of course. Otherwise everyone would just buy a LBP2 costume for 99c and be able to keep the game.

Could any persona fans direct me to links for video reviews of the game that are fair, and also tell you what your getting yourself into, detailing the game?

I'm interested, but don't want to blow money on a game so long if it won't hold my attention the entire time.

[quote name='6er']Could any persona fans direct me to links for video reviews of the game that are fair, and also tell you what your getting yourself into, detailing the game?

I'm interested, but don't want to blow money on a game so long if it won't hold my attention the entire time.[/QUOTE]

If you like J-RPGs, go into it blind. If you like it, great. If you don't, you just paid your $10 tax for bad taste.

Sometimes I don't get Sony. After e-mailing sony, they are giving me a refund on Ass Creed II, but her response is well sometimes if you buy the game through the trial it wont recognize that you bought the full game.

Ok, so why don't you just restore the full game to my account then and allow me to download it instead of giving me a refund?

Well at least I got money for the Atlus sale :D.

dude you should get riviera. such an awesome game. i thought i wasn't gonna like the limited use attacks, but you never really worry about it when playing.
plus your main character is a p i m p ;) i still play the gba version on my ds lite, fun fun game. i love the winged bat chic and red witch
great review also - http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Dreamweaver/obscurity-riviera-the-promised-land-212564.phtml
42186-212564-Riviera1jpg-620x.jpg

[quote name='DarkSageRK']If you like J-RPGs, go into it blind. If you like it, great. If you don't, you just paid your $10 tax for bad taste.[/QUOTE]

Haha I laughed at that one. :applause:

Also, the Renegade Ops DLC is supposed to be on sale too. Anyone notice if it is?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Any opinions on Jurassic Park? The review on IGN made it sound pretty terrible, but for some reason I'm still interested.[/QUOTE]
It's okay. It's pretty buggy with an unstable framerate and some poor design decisions. The Walking Dead is a much better execution of that concept.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, the Renegade Ops DLC is supposed to be on sale too. Anyone notice if it is?[/QUOTE]
It's in the OP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's okay. It's pretty buggy with an unstable framerate and some poor design decisions. The Walking Dead is a much better execution of that concept.

It's in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I must have just missed it when I skimmed it. It's just been one of those days for me. Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Frisky, you might know this. Have the Pirates of the Caribbean or Metal Gear Solid Level Packs for LBP1 ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]

I don't think any LBP DLC has ever been on sale since it first came out. I was quite surprised as I thought for sure some old LBP costumes and such would be great "free" DLC for PS+ members. But no - not even so much as a discount PS+ or not.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Anyone have anything nice to say about Interpol? I'm not one to pass on many $2.50 games.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, it's a hidden item game, where there's a big picture and you try to find shit in it. It's an easy 100% trophies. I don't have it though.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Sometimes I don't get Sony. After e-mailing sony, they are giving me a refund on Ass Creed II, but her response is well sometimes if you buy the game through the trial it wont recognize that you bought the full game.

Ok, so why don't you just restore the full game to my account then and allow me to download it instead of giving me a refund?

Well at least I got money for the Atlus sale :D.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Anyone have anything nice to say about Interpol? I'm not one to pass on many $2.50 games.[/QUOTE]
Nope. I gave it a 4.8 when I reviewed it back in the day. It's a hidden object game with SD images that aren't made to be viewed on an HD display, so one thing they messed up the only thing that they needed to get right.

Going to get:
Crysis
Pac-Man Championship Edition Deluxe
Persona 3 Portable (Want to see the difference between this one and the PS2 FES version.)
Riviera (Been meaning to get this ever since the GBA version was released.)
Hexyz Force (How is this game?)
Crimson Gem Saga (Gamestop employee recommended this one.)

Frisky: Question for you, good sir.

Do each month's new PS+ "free" games automatically download if you are an active PS+ member? Or do we need to download those games manually?

(I just joined in June, and have set the system to automatically download game patches, etc. I wasn't sure what else the automatic downloads setting does....)

Thanks for the great FAQ and continual updates.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Frisky: Question for you, good sir.

Do each month's new PS+ "free" games automatically download if you are an active PS+ member? Or do we need to download those games manually?

(I just joined in June, and have set the system to automatically download game patches, etc. I wasn't sure what else the automatic downloads setting does....)

Thanks for the great FAQ and continual updates.[/QUOTE]

No, you have to manually get them.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Any opinions on Jurassic Park? The review on IGN made it sound pretty terrible, but for some reason I'm still interested.[/QUOTE]

I thought Jurassic Park was decent, I got it for free for re-upping PS+ back around the holidays. I liked the way you could easily navigate to different areas vs having to walk cumbersomely to them in the BTTF game. It's mostly a QTE button pressing puzzle game and each episode can easily be beaten in an hour.

[quote name='spacebooger']Anyone know when Jet Set Radio will be released?[/QUOTE]
Sega said Summer when someone asked them on Twitter earlier this week :whistle2:(

Really tempted by the Persona games. Don't own any of them in any format and have been watching prices on physical copies of the PSP versions.

Spent a small fortune picking up the Atlus games even though I own half of them. But i really like playing on my Vita so much more.

Thinking about P3P so I can play it on my Vita. Never played it since I never owned a PSP. I own FES twice over but would still like to play through again

Can't decide on Crysis. I want it but have yet to finish Crysis 2 (Got pushed back by games I wanted to play more lol), though I doubt I'll find it for any cheaper then $10 down the road.

Played Pacman: CE for the first time and I love it. The game started out slowly and quicky speeded up to the point where I can understand why there is warning labels before starting the game but it was still crazy fun. Also if you like collecting trophies (and I think others mentioned this) I played the 5 and 10 minute challenges and I already have 8-9 trophies I think.

[quote name='FerDK']"Receive a code good toward a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus with the purchase of one of the qualifying titles listed below".

Here[/QUOTE]

All those prices have been jacked up. Some by a lot.

Hidden object games are pretty much the only type of "game" my wife likes to play so I bought it during a prior sale. Frisky is right they screwed up the one thing they needed to do which was not use HD visuals. Otherwise there isnt much else to do right or wrong. You look for items in a picture, thats it. Decent enough time waster if thats what you want to do.

Picked up P2 so far, never finished the psx original

Any of the other atlus sale games worth getting? I'm kind of interested in Kenka Banchou but it seems like it'd pale in comparison after playing the Yakuza series.

How are hexyz and class of heroes?

[quote name='Bizzquik']Frisky: Question for you, good sir.

Thanks for the great FAQ and continual updates.[/QUOTE]

As Frisky said, you need to download them. Though you don't actually have to completely download them to get them credited to your account (for future download) - you just need to "purchase" them. Then you can download them at your leisure, even after they are no longer free (just make sure the shopping bag icon is next to them - that means you "purchased" them).

I'm pretty sure the automatic download feature is for game updates for games you already have installed or played, and maybe for system updates? I dunno, I like to control when that stuff happens so I don't use it.

As for the sale, my 9 year-old son is playing NBA Jam On Fire Edition as I type this - so that was worth getting for $7.xx (PS+ price).

Automatic Download is for the very rare stuff that Sony feels like you should have downloaded automatically to your console, which they've only done a few times in the two years PS+ has been running.

[quote name='io']

I'm pretty sure the automatic download feature is for game updates for games you already have installed or played, and maybe for system updates? I dunno, I like to control when that stuff happens so I don't use it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly right, though they won't install a system update without you authorizing it first; it's just downloaded and ready for update.
They will download and install PS+ betas as well. They did that for Starhawk and Ghost Recon recently. But no purchases, even free ones, will be made for you.

Guys, I'm playing Persona 3 Portable now. And it's great. If you've never played a Persona game before you should probably start with Persona 4, but otherwise if you like turn-based RPGs you should definitely pick this up. Anyone know if Cladun: This is an RPG is any good? I see GameStop has the download on sale.

[quote name='wrencrest']Hidden object games are pretty much the only type of "game" my wife likes to play so I bought it during a prior sale. Frisky is right they screwed up the one thing they needed to do which was not use HD visuals. Otherwise there isnt much else to do right or wrong. You look for items in a picture, thats it. Decent enough time waster if thats what you want to do.[/QUOTE]

Having played the demo on 360, I arrived at the exact same conclusion you just mentioned. How on earth could they not use super crisp HD visuals for this? I was tasked to find a "wallet" in the demo, which, after using a hint, turned out to be the black blob in the bottom corner of the screen.

[quote name='Decker']Any word on what happened to Rainbow Moon? If someone has already mentioned it, I must have missed it here.[/QUOTE]

They lost the rights to publish it at the last second. There will probably be a couple month legal battle before whoever wins gets the rights to publish it.

Haha, not really. :D It's not due to be out until next week, the 10th.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by Frisky.

[quote name='Umair56']All those prices have been jacked up. Some by a lot.[/QUOTE]

I'd surely pick up Heavy Rain if it was $20. Move support and the PS+ code would make that irresistible. I've heard this game is awesome but I'd rather spend my money on some Atlus games.

So for the best bang for the buck what would you guys recommend for me to play on my vita?(Budget $20 bucks)

I haven't played any of these Atlus games in my life. So I'm fresh and needs some help here.

[quote name='Archfiend']this is the huge summer sale? talk about fuckin fail[/QUOTE]

wow this must be the shittiest deals i have ever seen. i feel sorry for idiots who buy this overpriced crap

idk about xbox as i would never ever own one of those but yest PSN deals are about as shitty as shitty can be, nothing ever good and most of the games are fail anyways. the only good thing about my ps3 is red dead redemption and demons souls. i will not be buying a ps4 thats for fucking sure

its a jap thing, just look at how they handled fukashima

All previous posts in this thread from this chucklehead. Miley Cyrus is still hot tho.

[quote name='viksmart']So for the best bang for the buck what would you guys recommend for me to play on my vita?(Budget $20 bucks)

I haven't played any of these Atlus games in my life. So I'm fresh and needs some help here.[/QUOTE]
Persona 3 Portable and Hexyz Force. P3P is long and Hexyz Force has two stories to play through with the two main characters.

I played through persona 3 fes on the ps3 when it it was released for ps2 classics for the first time. Is p3 worth another playthrough or should I try part 1 or 2?

[quote name='Umair56']All those prices have been jacked up. Some by a lot.[/QUOTE]

Most are still less than MSRP with ICO/Shadows being 1/2 price. There is an upcoming price drop, but still, it currently trades in for $21 at BB with 100% bouns +unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back