PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='electricsleep']are the Persona games PSP only or can you play them on the PS3?[/QUOTE]Just a heads-up, for the same price, you can get P3 FES from PSN from the PS2 Classics section if you'd prefer playing it on the PS3.

If you need a remake/port/version comparison, check here.

[quote name='rpg']
Is Renegade Ops Coldstrike dlc any good ?
[/QUOTE]
I've played a bit of this DLC on the PC version and it's basically more of the same game with a different environment's graphics and a few different/new enemy types. I think the Reinforcements/Vehicle Pack DLC with 2 new characters who have different abilities was where the DLC became awesome (both new characters are so much more epic than the standard ones). But if you really like the base game, I'd say both are good to have to extend your playtime.

Also, Frisky, I was reading the OP and I can't find the Jak And Daxter avatars that you have listed for PS Plus. Were they removed in favor of like 30 different Sega avatars?

son of *****! I bought a $20 PSN card back in March from Gamestop. I'm trying to redeem it and i keep getting this message "The funds could not be added to your wallet"

:wall:

[quote name='Japakneez']son of *****! I bought a $20 PSN card back in March from Gamestop. I'm trying to redeem it and i keep getting this message "The funds could not be added to your wallet"

:wall:[/QUOTE]
Oh damn that sucks.

I rarely check but I just noticed they have legend of dragoon on PSN now. One of my favorite game back then.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whoa, just played the demo for Closure and that game is fuckin crazy.[/QUOTE]

Ya it's fuckin sweet. First time I got stuck was at level 15 (out of 72) so I've got a feeling this one's gonna be a brain melter...but it's been great so far!

[quote name='Japakneez']son of *****! I bought a $20 PSN card back in March from Gamestop. I'm trying to redeem it and i keep getting this message "The funds could not be added to your wallet"

:wall:[/QUOTE]
does it at least recognize the code as valid before your final confirmation page? if so, go into your account info and change your address. log off and then restart your ps3 and try again. should work this time. this happened to me a couple of time but the address trick works like a charm.

if the code was already used (possible since you took so long to redeem it) then you're out of luck.

[quote name='rpg']got crysis.
Is Renegade Ops Coldstrike dlc any good ?
[/QUOTE]

Its decent, but felt pretty short by comparison to the first campaign.

So can anyone here tell me about the dept. heaven collection? First hand experience in terms of how the story is and the battle systems in the long run?

So far I'll be picking up Hexyz Force and P3P. However, Given the deep discount in the [Dept. H] collection I feel now is the time to get them if I ever want to get them.

Also Crimson gem Saga?

I know I can't really trust reviews too strongly because being that these a niche games they only attract hardcore gamers.

[quote name='PublikDefender']does it at least recognize the code as valid before your final confirmation page? if so, go into your account info and change your address. log off and then restart your ps3 and try again. should work this time. this happened to me a couple of time but the address trick works like a charm.

if the code was already used (possible since you took so long to redeem it) then you're out of luck.[/QUOTE]

It recognizes it as a $20 code, but when i try to confirm it will give me that error.

I'll try your advice tomorrow. Thanks!

[quote name='viksmart']So can anyone here tell me about the dept. heaven collection? First hand experience in terms of how the story is and the battle systems in the long run?

So far I'll be picking up Hexyz Force and P3P. However, Given the deep discount in the [Dept. H] collection I feel now is the time to get them if I ever want to get them.

Also Crimson gem Saga?

I know I can't really trust reviews too strongly because being that these a niche games they only attract hardcore gamers.[/QUOTE]

Coming from this JRPG gamer, Riviera is a MUST BUY :hot: Like, really, if you're a gamer and you never get to play this little known gem, you're really missing out. Has to one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, so much that I rebought it for the PSP when it was last on sale even though I played the GBA version like 3 times. Good story, extremely fun battle system, good game mechanics...you really can't go wrong.

Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare are really different from anything else, so I can't recommend them to anyone...it's much better for anyone interested to watch some gameplay videos and see if they're interested for themselves. I know I was really excited for Yggdra after Riviera, but it was somewhat of a letdown when I played it all those years ago. I don't know if I'll like it any better now

[quote name='ithebigc']Coming from this JRPG gamer, Riviera is a MUST BUY :hot: Like, really, if you're a gamer and you never get to play this little known gem, you're really missing out. Has to one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, so much that I rebought it for the PSP when it was last on sale even though I played the GBA version like 3 times. Good story, extremely fun battle system, good game mechanics...you really can't go wrong.

Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare are really different from anything else, so I can't recommend them to anyone...it's much better for anyone interested to watch some gameplay videos and see if they're interested for themselves. I know I was really excited for Yggdra after Riviera, but it was somewhat of a letdown when I played it all those years ago. I don't know if I'll like it any better now[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!

I looked at game play videos for both Yggdra and Knights they do look and play differently but I guess that what i like about Atlus published games, they always push the envelope. I really wish they had demos :S

[quote name='tylerh1701']All previous posts in this thread from this chucklehead. Miley Cyrus is still hot tho.[/QUOTE]hahaha thats awesome. i was reading and was like "im glad im not alone, hey that guy only owns RDR and DS like me... oh wait " hahahaha :applause:

seriously though i got a $20 psn card like two years ago and the only thing ive gotten are 2 pixel junk games(eden and shooter) at $1 a piece, oh and I got District 9 for $5

[quote name='viksmart']So can anyone here tell me about the dept. heaven collection? First hand experience in terms of how the story is and the battle systems in the long run?

Also Crimson gem Saga?

I know I can't really trust reviews too strongly because being that these a niche games they only attract hardcore gamers.[/QUOTE]

I own all of the Dept. H games, never played any of them enough to have an opinion.

However I have sunk like 40+ hours into Crimson Gem Saga and unless you LOVE grinding, I'd say stay away.

Which is sad, because it is a quality game, but you must grind, for levels (and SP points for skills) and money (especially money) since the items in this damn game are so expensive, plus you need all of the advantage you can get. Also later on you pretty much use your special moves to win fights easily since the normal moves are so weak they aren't worth messing with and cause you lots of headache healing up all the time, especially when you have to grind so damn much.

Plus they force you to use certain characters (for the endgame) and the ending sucks (watched it on Youtube when I decided I'd had enough grinding) and it was one of the most unsatisfying things I'd have ever seen.

So if you can get past those elements, go for it, I probably wouldn't be so hard on it, if I wasn't so disappointed by those elements since the game is very high quality, it's just the game itself sucks so much because of those elements that make it frustrating to enjoy and finish, let alone recommend. =/

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I've never played any of the Persona games. Which of the three should I grab?[/QUOTE]
I haven't played them yet, but from other gamers' perspectives they seem to only get better with time, so I would say 3, 2, and then 1. But since 2 is bound to get cheaper over time (it's the newest one), if you're going to just get any two, just get 1 and 3.

[quote name='ithebigc']I haven't played them yet, but from other gamers' perspectives they seem to only get better with time, so I would say 3, 2, and then 1. But since 2 is bound to get cheaper over time (it's the newest one), if you're going to just get any two, just get 1 and 3.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks bro.

Persona 1 and 2 are also very different from Persona 3. Other than the name, they don't have much in common. If you're only going to get one, I'd definitely go with Persona 3.

[quote name='Zbornak']Persona 1 and 2 are also very different from Persona 3. Other than the name, they don't have much in common. If you're only going to get one, I'd definitely go with Persona 3.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on getting only two of them.

Was JP an episodic game, like The Walking Dead? I was considering grabbing TWD season pass this week, but now I'm worried that it'll just end up super cheap on a PSN sale sometime in the next few months.

While I love the PSN sales, I kind of wish there was a better announcement system that maybe outlined things a little bit in advance. At least when Microsoft has it's rare twice a year sales, they announce what'll be included 1-2 months ahead of time. Announcing things typically with less than a week's notice is kinda screwy to customers.

That being said...I was able to redeem 4 $3 PSN vouchers on the PUR site, so I'm grabbing Crysis at least. Possibly JP as I love the movies/books, but people say it kind of sucks. Tough decisions.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I was planning on getting only two of them.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've put in more than 120 hours into 3, so one will keep you plenty busy.

Given the limited time I have, I'm considering whether I should get one of Persona 1 or 2, rather than both. I know I wouldn't be able to complete both for a rather long time.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Was JP an episodic game, like The Walking Dead? I was considering grabbing TWD season pass this week, but now I'm worried that it'll just end up super cheap on a PSN sale sometime in the next few months.

While I love the PSN sales, I kind of wish there was a better announcement system that maybe outlined things a little bit in advance. At least when Microsoft has it's rare twice a year sales, they announce what'll be included 1-2 months ahead of time. Announcing things typically with less than a week's notice is kinda screwy to customers.

That being said...I was able to redeem 4 $3 PSN vouchers on the PUR site, so I'm grabbing Crysis at least. Possibly JP as I love the movies/books, but people say it kind of sucks. Tough decisions.[/QUOTE]jp is 4 ep and i dont see walking dead dropping that much is good not like jp

[quote name='rpg']jp is 4 ep and i dont see walking dead dropping that much is good not like jp[/QUOTE]

Good or not, they all drop in price eventually.

If anything, I'd watch for a possible disc version of the game, as Back To The Future received a physical version release last fall or so. It was $19.99 for the disc version and even went on sale as low as $10 from Best Buy.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Good or not, they all drop in price eventually.[/QUOTE]
ok why wait for a price drop u can eventually get it for free psn+;) just like jp,back to the future

The new Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
Game of Thrones
Get Up And Dance
NCAA Football 13 - $59.9
Quantum Conundrum - $14.99
Rainbow Moon - $14.99, $11.99 for PS+

PS1 Classics
Mickey Mania

Demos
Quantum Conundrum

Add-ons
DC Universe Online
Dragon's Dogma
Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Record of Agarest War 2
SoulCalibur V

Vita Add-ons
Gravity Rush

wonder if DOTP is getting new decks already, or if its just foil and unlock keys.... playing with only 10 decks is boring.

Jurassic Park was pretty awful, and I got it for free. Way too many QTE's and not enough freeroaming Telltale goodness. I adored BttF and Sam & Max, but JP was a big letdown.

Thanks for the update.

I gotta say the EU Store keeps on giving us the bird. Apart from their PS+ offerings and Vita sales, they already have Rainbow Moon.
And a ton more PS2 games.
Gaahh!!

Last edited:
There was a PS1 version of Mickey Mania? Wow, I was never aware of that (only played it on Genesis back when I was a kid).

Might try out Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition since it seems like it's trying to do what Championship Edition/CE DX did for Pac-Man. Plus there's skins based on Castlevania & Contra. I wanna see what those look like.

Little bit of an odd question and I know that Persona FES on ps3 isn't on sale but, I own a hard copy of persona 3 (non-fes). Does anyone know if I port my ps2 original persona 3 save (via some weird usb thing I bought a couple of years ago), that I can use that save file in the psn persona fes copy? Odd question, I know.

All of this Persona talk is really making me wonder if I should finally take a chance and try out the series. I can never quite convince myself to spend $20 (Amazon) on a game I have no idea I will enjoy. But for $9.99 maybe I'll try Persona 3 for the PS3. Hmmm...

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Wait, why is Persona 2 more expensive than 3? Is it a better game?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this, because a game is cheap or cheaper than another game they assume it sucks or isn't that good.

But no, Persona 3 is much better than 2 in my opinion.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Wait, why is Persona 2 more expensive than 3? Is it a better game?[/QUOTE]

Because the remake of 2 came out more recently.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
The new Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lf3vmgDI131qa2gmyo1_250.gif

Woo-Hoo Yes !

I just today Googled when the heck is it coming out.

Konami stages include Castlevania and Contra map:

960x-1

960x-1

[quote name='Beatofficer']I don't understand this, because a game is cheap or cheaper than another game they assume it sucks or isn't that good.

But no, Persona 3 is much better than 2 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

That's why i asked.

[quote name='Zonic505']There was a PS1 version of Mickey Mania? Wow, I was never aware of that (only played it on Genesis back when I was a kid).
[/QUOTE]
Yes, but the PS1 version was only released in Europe and Australia under the title Mickey's Wild Adventure. North America only got the Super Nintendo, Genesis, and Sega CD versions.
:whistle2:s What exactly are we getting then?

Also, in the video store, UFC Fights: Episode 13: Forrest Griffin vs Quinton Jackson UFC 86 is free for everyone. The regular price was $1.99 SD / $2.99 HD or SD/HD combo.

UFC Fights: Episode 177: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen UFC 117 is still free as well.

Both are free as promotion of the next UFC PPV coming this Saturday.

[quote name='LouieT']Yes, but the PS1 version was only released in Europe and Australia under the title Mickey's Wild Adventure. North America only got the Super Nintendo, Genesis, and Sega CD versions.
:whistle2:s What exactly are we getting then?

Also, in the video store, UFC Fights: Episode 13: Forrest Griffin vs Quinton Jackson UFC 86 is free for everyone. The regular price was $1.99 SD / $2.99 HD or SD/HD combo.

UFC Fights: Episode 177: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen UFC 117 is still free as well.

Both are free as promotion of the next UFC PPV coming this Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, grabbed both. Excited to watch the Silva/Sonnen fight one more time before Saturday night!

How did you find out about these? Do they have lots of different ones go free?

Sony Entertainment Network posts about them on their Facebook page.

update: I found another one! UFC Fights: Episode 194: Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock OS3

and another freebie related to the 90s Nickelodeon section Salute Your Shorts Season 1 Episode 1

[quote name='Jon7']Because the remake of 2 came out more recently.[/QUOTE]

This.

Which is better depends on what you're looking for as the gameplay is quite a bit different for both.

Went in for Class of Heroes and SMT:p3P.

I don't know why I love Class of Heroes so damn much, but it is one of the very few first person dungeon crawlers that I can tolerate.

Also, Persona 3 is the GREATEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME. Undecided about whether I like FES or Portable better, but for $10, P3P is easily worth it.

Anyone know how active BLOPS zombies is lately?

Thinking about picking up the zombie map pack DLC, but last time I tried to play zombies (6+ months ago), I had a hell of time trying to find a game - it probably took me 10-15 mins to get into a game every time.

Hate to buy the zombie DLC only to find out its dead.

[quote name='LouieT']Sony Entertainment Network posts about them on their Facebook page.

update: I found another one! UFC Fights: Episode 194: Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock OS3

and another freebie related to the 90s Nickelodeon section Salute Your Shorts Season 1 Episode 1[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back