PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='waldo21212']Yep - the best way I can describe The Walking Dead is an interactive choose your own adventure comic book with timers on a lot of decisions.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damn accurate actually. I love it. And it's gorgeous. Plus, many of your decisions are permanent and change the way the rest of the game unfolds.

C'mon halfway decent PS+ discounts on something I might actually buy.:pray: I just snagged a PS+ 1 month code from someone on the PS3 code drop thread, so now I'm ready for a good sale.;)

so im not going to have to go in my inventory and "use rake with leaves" before i can progress? thats why i hated the games, without a guide i was left to trial and error what they wanted me to do, since it was so exact what they expected us to do.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']so im not going to have to go in my inventory and "use rake with leaves" before i can progress? thats why i hated the games, without a guide i was left to trial and error what they wanted me to do, since it was so exact what they expected us to do.[/QUOTE]

I've only played through part of episode 1 so far, but I haven't encountered any of that yet. It's all been talking with people, inspecting things, and moral decisions.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']so im not going to have to go in my inventory and "use rake with leaves" before i can progress? thats why i hated the games, without a guide i was left to trial and error what they wanted me to do, since it was so exact what they expected us to do.[/QUOTE]

Not really, while there are some puzzles, such as find a shot gun shell and loading it into the gun, using a pillow as a silencer for a gun, find a tv remote and use it to turn on tv's to distract zombies, it is still much lighter on the puzzles than BTTF (I haven't played anything else by Tell Tale).

The dialogue/interactions with the NPC's and decisions on what to do is the main focus of the game. Also, there is no right or wrong answer, and a lot of the decisions are choosing what you deem to be the lesser of 2 evils.

[quote name='Barry Burton']many people here buy any game that goes on sale for 5 bucks or less, hence people having a backlog of 50+ games

and yeah a lot of those games suck[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think that applies more to retail games. PSN games regularly go on sale for $5-7.50 and many are very good games.

[quote name='waldo21212']Not really, while there are some puzzles, such as find a shot gun shell and loading it into the gun, using a pillow as a silencer for a gun, find a tv remote and use it to turn on tv's to distract zombies, it is still much lighter on the puzzles than BTTF (I haven't played anything else by Tell Tale).

The dialogue/interactions with the NPC's and decisions on what to do is the main focus of the game. Also, there is no right or wrong answer, and a lot of the decisions are choosing what you deem to be the lesser of 2 evils.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there aren't many puzzles in the games and they are all pretty logical. I don't think I've had to look up an answer because the puzzle was kinda obtuse (something I did quite a bit in BttF and Sam and Max).

Nostalgia aside, Walking Dead is simply the pinnacle of this type of game.

Ya that's why I don't like adventure games either. I'll give Walking Dead a shot since it's free, but the only other one I've ever gotten enjoyment out of is the Strong Bad games, and that's just because of the license.

Also, update is up. Also, this is right at the top of the Update post:

Note: Due to an unforeseen complication, the Grand Theft Auto III PS2 Classic is not publishing with today’s Store post. We will update you when a new release date has been identified. We apologize for the inconvenience.

LOL Oh Sony, you so crazy!

No notable sales except for Cuboid for the 464th time and a whopping 10% off some game called Mad Riders for PS+.

Store officially updated, and of course no GTA III. That was the only thing I really was considering. I want the SFxT characters but for $20 I don't think so. Same reason I still don't have Jill and Shuma in UMvC3. I refuse to pay more then maybe $2 for a character and given I suck with the Tekken Characters, they're useless to me. Why is the only way to purchase those all or nothing. They are already on disc anyway.

Edit: Beat me by a minute. Stupid SFxT rant.

There's one slightly confusing section like that in Ep 1, but stick through it - they avoid all that nonsense in Ep 2.

Was hoping retribution would get a "welcome to Vita" sale or drop. Oh well, still have dozens of other games to play while I wait.

Going to try out that crunchyroll app, sounds intriguing.
Crunchyroll (FREE)
Watch the latest Japanese Anime & Asian Drama! Now you can watch new episodes 1 hour after airing in Japan on your PlayStation 3. Watch the latest anime shows like Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Shugo Chara!, Blue Exorcist, Gintama, The World God Only Knows, Bodacious Space Pirates, Nisemonogatari, Eyeshield 21, Skip Beat!, Beelzebub, Gosick, and more.

I waited a half hour too late to pick up those Atlus PSP games. The store updated at 10:30 this morning right when I was trying to get Crimson gem saga and others for 50% off.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Cuboid - $4.99
Sound Shapes - $14.99 - Pre-order w/Theme - Releases 8/7

Add-ons
Record of Agarest War 2 - Right to the Blacksmith Pack 8 - Free

Vita Add-ons
Escape Plan - Underground Pack - $1.99 - Ends 8/14

PlayStation Plus

Deals
The Expendables 2 Videogame - $11.99 - Ends 8/7
Mad Riders - $8.99 - Ends 8/7
Sound Shapes - $11.99 - Pre-order w/Theme - Releases 8/7 - Ends 8/14

Add-ons
Mad Riders - The Daredevil Map Pack - Ends 8/7

Warriors Orochi 3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eldergamer']I waited a half hour too late to pick up those Atlus PSP games. The store updated at 10:30 this morning right when I was trying to get Crimson gem saga and others for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Awww, and you only had two weeks to buy them, poor you.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww, and you only had two weeks to buy them, poor you.[/QUOTE]

LOL was waiting for you to address his post. :) Now I can go on with my life.

And he/she actually had 4 weeks to buy them, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL was waiting for you to address his post. :) Now I can go on with my life.

And he/she actually had 4 weeks to buy them, if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought it was a month but I wasn't too sure.

http://coryschmitz.tumblr.com/post/28433948636/if-you-pre-order-sound-shapes-on-psn-you-get-this

Here's a preview of the Sound Shapes theme that comes with the pre-order.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ore-update-250/comment-page-1/#comment-738909

Regarding the delay for GTA III on PSN:
We made a note about this at the top of the post. There were some last minute issues with getting clearance for a certain audio track in the game; but the teams at Rockstar are on it to review how to best get this title on PSN.

More free UFC fights in the video store. They are found under TV Shows -> Free TV
UFC Fights: Episode 185: Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar UFC 144
UFC Fights: Episode 148: Frankie Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin UFC 67

These were free since last week:
UFC Fights: Episode 202: Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry UFC Live 4
UFC Fights: Episode 199: Urijah Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao WEC 46
UFC Fights: Episode 200: Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao UFC 138

It's still odd that the video store blog posts on Thursdays say nothing about the free videos.

[quote name='LouieT']More free UFC fights in the video store. They are found under TV Shows -> Free TV
UFC Fights: Episode 185: Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar UFC 144
UFC Fights: Episode 148: Frankie Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin UFC 67

These were free since last week:
UFC Fights: Episode 202: Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry UFC Live 4
UFC Fights: Episode 199: Urijah Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao WEC 46
UFC Fights: Episode 200: Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao UFC 138

It's still odd that the video store blog posts on Thursdays say nothing about the free videos.[/QUOTE]

You are awesome. Please continue to post these because I never remember to check them elsewhere.

One of those fights I'm EXTREMELY EXTREMELY excited to re-watch, I'd bet you could guess which one ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://coryschmitz.tumblr.com/post/28433948636/if-you-pre-order-sound-shapes-on-psn-you-get-this

Here's a preview of the Sound Shapes theme that comes with the pre-order.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ore-update-250/comment-page-1/#comment-738909

Regarding the delay for GTA III on PSN:[/QUOTE]

Will definitely pre-order Sound Shapes. I know I'm preaching to the choir but Escape Plan needs to go on sale already. I own all of it's DLC and don't even own the game!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww, and you only had two weeks to buy them, poor you.[/QUOTE]

As true as your sentiment might be, it doesn't excuse you being a jerk to someone you don't know for no reason other than you felt like being a jerk.

[quote name='biledriver']As true as your sentiment might be, it doesn't excuse you being a jerk to someone you don't know for no reason other than you felt like being a jerk.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[quote name='sasukekun']I keep buying all the Escape Plan DLC sales, but I dont even own the game yet, lol.

Escape Plan needs to go on sale too![/QUOTE]

Same here but when we get a sale on it we'll have the complete game. I figured I would get the $1.99 DLC cause it will be $4.99 after the sale.

This is the only game I've bought DLC without owning it.

[quote name='biledriver']As true as your sentiment might be, it doesn't excuse you being a jerk to someone you don't know for no reason other than you felt like being a jerk.[/QUOTE]

LOL meet "gettinmoney662"

It absolutely does.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It absolutely does.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.

So like others, I now own two pieces of Escape Plan DLC without actually having the game. I'll be picking it up around the end of next week, so I'll cross my fingers for a sale next Tuesday! Not holding my breath though.

It'll be good to have that Sound Shapes, Gravity Rush, and Lego Harry Potter to keep me busy when I have to travel. Two weeks, no internet....boooo

[quote name='captaintek3304']You're an idiot.

So like others, I now own two pieces of Escape Plan DLC without actually having the game. I'll be picking it up around the end of next week, so I'll cross my fingers for a sale next Tuesday! Not holding my breath though.

It'll be good to have that Sound Shapes, Gravity Rush, and Lego Harry Potter to keep me busy when I have to travel. Two weeks, no internet....boooo[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, so it's not okay for me to "be a jerk to someone I don't know for 'no reason'" but it is for you? Gotcha.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ohhh, so it's not okay for me to "be a jerk to someone I don't know for 'no reason'" but it is for you? Gotcha.[/QUOTE]

Its not okay for anyone to be a jerk to anybody else for no reason. Just sayin'.

And now back to the games. I, myself, am upset that the new Escape Plan DLC is 1.99. I want a repeat that sweet, sweet 25 cents DLC price that they gave us last time. It spoiled me.
Ah well, I'll be buying this DLC anyway.

Even free, I can only stand so much motorstorm RC. I have no clue why they are so popular. This is the second one to drive me mad with poor game design through rubberbanding AI. If you can't make decent AI, giving them the ability to cheat doesn't make your game work. Even a simple difficulty choice would help, but no, same old easy as crap at the beginning and eventually becoming ridiculously hard as you progress.

Next time you want to be a jackass at least know what you're talking about.

The only thing you did in this thread was show off your ability to be ignorant squared.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Next time you want to be a jackass at least know what you're talking about.

The only thing you did in this thread was show off your ability to be ignorant squared.[/QUOTE]

Because I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said he had only two weeks?

[quote name='6er']Even free, I can only stand so much motorstorm RC. I have no clue why they are so popular. This is the second one to drive me mad with poor game design through rubberbanding AI. If you can't make decent AI, giving them the ability to cheat doesn't make your game work. Even a simple difficulty choice would help, but no, same old easy as crap at the beginning and eventually becoming ridiculously hard as you progress.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't stand rubber band AI. I know it's supposed to keep the race "exciting" but if I can create a huge lead through skill, I should be able to keep that lead. Rubberbanding AI also seems to be a one way street most of the time.

I finally tried the Dyad demo. Really not feeling it. It's slightly cool and trippy, but no way does it feel like a game anyone would be paying $15 for. Guess it's just not for me. Maybe it'll be a freebie someday. If not, I won't be playing it.

Is that sort of what Sound Shapes will be like, or will that game be more of a platformer?

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL was waiting for you to address his post. :) Now I can go on with my life.

And he/she actually had 4 weeks to buy them, if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

made my day :applause:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ohhh, so it's not okay for me to "be a jerk to someone I don't know for 'no reason'" but it is for you? Gotcha.[/QUOTE]

1. I never said that, hence part of the reason you're an idiot.
2. I have a reason for being a jerk to you. Your general douchebaggery provide me with a reason to be a jerk to you. You however, had absolutely no reason to respond the way you did to that other fella, hence everyone calling you a jerk. Your lack of ability to see the difference, is just another example of hy you're an idiot.

Now I'm done here, but I know your childish man-boy ego will force you to have the last word. So go ahead and get it out so we can move on with this thread.

[quote name='Decker']I finally tried the Dyad demo. Really not feeling it. It's slightly cool and trippy, but no way does it feel like a game anyone would be paying $15 for. Guess it's just not for me. Maybe it'll be a freebie someday. If not, I won't be playing it.

Is that sort of what Sound Shapes will be like, or will that game be more of a platformer?[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo first and liked what I played. This game is no walk in the park when it comes to trophies. You need to rank stars on the level to unlock the specific trophy level. I'm happy with it but will require ridiculous skill to get the 27 trophies for platinum. I don't see this happening anytime soon but will be fun to attempt between disc games. I also heard Dyad might be getting a Vita port so hopefully that will be free if you bought the PS3 version. It would look great on the beautiful OLED screen.

Sound Shapes looks more like a platformer and is getting my pre-order. I love cross platform & my Vita.

[quote name='captaintek3304']1. I never said that, hence part of the reason you're an idiot.
2. I have a reason for being a jerk to you. Your general douchebaggery provide me with a reason to be a jerk to you. You however, had absolutely no reason to respond the way you did to that other fella, hence everyone calling you a jerk. Your lack of ability to see the difference, is just another example of hy you're an idiot.

Now I'm done here, but I know your childish man-boy ego will force you to have the last word. So go ahead and get it out so we can move on with this thread.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely had a reason. He waited til the last day of a 2-4 week sale to buy the games on sale and then came on here to post about missing it (My gut says he was whining, it's too ambiguous to tell for certain but odds are he was whining. After three and a half years of being on this site, I know the type of people who post on here pretty well.). I don't even think my initial response was that big of a deal as I've said much, much worse to people on here.

I'm not a jerk to random people for no reason. Do you want to know why I didn't say anything to Decker, Bumslie, or lilytrabbit for their posts? Because there was no reason to. If I was a jerk to random people for no reason, I'm sure I could have come up with something assholeish to say to them out of the blue. No, I always have a reason. Maybe it's not good enough for you because you think it's okay for these people to whine about waiting until the very last possible second to get in on a deal and then missing out on it, but I don't.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I absolutely had a reason. He waited til the last day of a 2-4 week sale to buy the games on sale and then came on here to post about missing it (My gut says he was whining, it's too ambiguous to tell for certain but odds are he was whining. After three and a half years of being on this site, I know the type of people who post on here pretty well.). I don't even think my initial response was that big of a deal as I've said much, much worse to people on here.

I'm not a jerk to random people for no reason. Do you want to know why I didn't say anything to Decker, Bumslie, or lilytrabbit for their posts? Because there was no reason to. If I was a jerk to random people for no reason, I'm sure I could have come up with something assholeish to say to them out of the blue. No, I always have a reason. Maybe it's not good enough for you because you think it's okay for these people to whine about waiting until the very last possible second to get in on a deal and then missing out on it, but I don't.[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't sense whining from his post. I just thought he was posting it as a "D'oh" moment instead of damn PSN for ending the sale the day before I decide to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back