PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just in case you missed it, R-Types and R-Type Delta will be delisted from the PS Store with tomorrow's update, so if you want either game before they're gone, now's your chance to get them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the reminder.

I can not recommend R-Type Delta enough to anyone that's thinking about picking it up. It was one of the best shooters of its generation and definitely the highpoint of the well regarded R-type series. The game really pushed the PS1 to its limits. Some faulted it for placing so much emphasis on memorization over twitch reflexes but then again that's what R-type games have always been about.

What the fuck is with Sony and other companies in putting some content into a package via download codes? Specifically the :psp:God Of War Origins games in this not so new collection. It can't cost them that much to press an additional Blu-Ray with the other two games, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What the fuck is with Sony and other companies in putting some content into a package via download codes? Specifically the :psp:God Of War Origins games in this not so new collection. It can't cost them that much to press an additional Blu-Ray with the other two games, right?[/QUOTE]

Cause it cuts costs and most people don't give a shit. There's probably other reasons too or else why not put the first two on a voucher too?

Again though, it can't cost Sony that frickin' much to put the games on a physical format. But yeah, as evidenced by all of the folks who buy $15 and up digital versions of games, most don't give a shit about where they get their games as long as they can get them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What the fuck is with Sony and other companies in putting some content into a package via download codes? Specifically the :psp:God Of War Origins games in this not so new collection. It can't cost them that much to press an additional Blu-Ray with the other two games, right?[/QUOTE]

2 guesses:

1. Setting expectations for the next gen now. See: the history of dlc content (incredible discomfort/outrage followed by "hey, look at this fun thing you can get as an add on for only 0.99!" followed by full add-on content that extends and affects the game experience for a higher price (story follow-ups, extra characters) followed by - my new favorite - season passes (ugh))

2. It's way cheaper to get/manufacture/assemble 2 disc blu cases than 3 disc.

Okay, I signed up for raptr, linked with PSN, linked with "my" facebook, so all I need to do is check my raptr rewards page at what time tomorrow?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just in case you missed it, R-Types and R-Type Delta will be delisted from the PS Store with tomorrow's update, so if you want either game before they're gone, now's your chance to get them.[/QUOTE]

Am I blind? Where are they? I searched for r-type and I searched for delta. I could go for some r-type action!

Edit: Nevermind, found them browsing through all titles

[quote name='Supreme0ne']why are they getting rid of the r-type games?[/QUOTE]
Irem was shut down last September, so the rights for their games to be sold on digital distribution platforms are expiring and have to be removed.

r-type final was epic. i unlocked every ship on that game. took forever. so many weird ships too like ooze and love and mirrors and just crazy.

[quote name='gravel']Aside from The Walking Dead episodes, has there been any word on new free Plus games this month?[/QUOTE]
We'll learn that next week.

[quote name='handsomepete']2 guesses:

1. Setting expectations for the next gen now. See: the history of dlc content (incredible discomfort/outrage followed by "hey, look at this fun thing you can get as an add on for only 0.99!" followed by full add-on content that extends and affects the game experience for a higher price (story follow-ups, extra characters) followed by - my new favorite - season passes (ugh))

2. It's way cheaper to get/manufacture/assemble 2 disc blu cases than 3 disc.[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't mind the DLC that extends the story of a game by 5-10 hours for $5-10 as long as I've already enjoyed the main game a bunch(see: Red Faction Guerrilla).

As for the cases thing, Sony could've just gone the same route as many publishers nowadays and put the manuals for each game on the discs. Not to mention that there's dual layer Blu-Ray discs now, so they could likely have squeezed the two PSP games on the one disc and the two PS2 GOW games on the same disc as God Of War 3.

If they managed to do that, then they could've likely used a two disc setup like some of the PS2/360 games with multiple discs, with a removable insert to put the second disc into the case with and still had room for the manual(s).

[quote name='handsomepete']I know this is totally not the place for this and I'm sorry about that, but whaaa???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879221273[/QUOTE]

For that price, it should include a PS3 :)

Originally Posted by gravel View Post
Aside from The Walking Dead episodes, has there been any word on new free Plus games this month?

We'll learn that next week.

Last week they said that they would announce new PS+ stuff this week. Did they change that?

I don't usually worry about this stuff so sorry if it's been asked before: Does anyone know when Sound Shapes should go up? I have jury duty all Tuesday and this game would make the experience a lot more fun for me... Thanks.

[quote name='abhinav']I don't usually worry about this stuff so sorry if it's been asked before: Does anyone know when Sound Shapes should go up? I have jury duty all Tuesday and this game would make the experience a lot more fun for me... Thanks.[/QUOTE]Go look a couple pages back, Frisky posted tomorrow's update and Sound Shapes IS being added to the PS Store tomorrow. I gave in today and decided to pre-order it. And since you have jury duty tomorrow, I would suggest pre-ordering the game now if you want the discount and free theme. But depending on when you have jury duty, the PS Store is probably not gonna be updated by then.

Probably not a problem for many of you, but with all the free PS+ games recently, my 500gb HDD, which of course is actually like 415gb after all the conversions fail and OS storage, is down to 50gb. Decided I might bite and get the 1tb if I can get one for around $75 and did a system backup. Holy Crap!!! It took the PS3 12hrs to do the full 350gb backup. So if any of you had been considering an upgrade from a large HDD to an even larger one, keep that in mind. You may just be better off redownloading stuff if you have a decent connection, I may just do that because typically the restore process takes as long as the backup. Damn you Sony and all your required installs, free games, and PSN library.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Probably not a problem for many of you, but with all the free PS+ games recently, my 500gb HDD, which of course is actually like 415gb after all the conversions fail and OS storage, is down to 50gb. Decided I might bite and get the 1tb if I can get one for around $75 and did a system backup. Holy Crap!!! It took the PS3 12hrs to do the full 350gb backup. So if any of you had been considering an upgrade from a large HDD to an even larger one, keep that in mind. You may just be better off redownloading stuff if you have a decent connection, I may just do that because typically the restore process takes as long as the backup. Damn you Sony and all your required installs, free games, and PSN library.[/QUOTE]

I know everyone loves to have lots of games at their disposal and just having recently signed up for Plus myself I can see the dilemma with drive space but at 160GB I'm good. I just purchase the games that are free so they go to my download list, and can grab them when I'm ready to play them. Why spend another $75 if you don't have to?

I have a 350 gb. Sometimes you have to look at your lists of stuff and cull out the games and demos you know you're just not going to play again.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Probably not a problem for many of you, but with all the free PS+ games recently, my 500gb HDD, which of course is actually like 415gb after all the conversions fail and OS storage, is down to 50gb. Decided I might bite and get the 1tb if I can get one for around $75 and did a system backup. Holy Crap!!! It took the PS3 12hrs to do the full 350gb backup. So if any of you had been considering an upgrade from a large HDD to an even larger one, keep that in mind. You may just be better off redownloading stuff if you have a decent connection, I may just do that because typically the restore process takes as long as the backup. Damn you Sony and all your required installs, free games, and PSN library.[/QUOTE]Unless you have anything on your HDD that you absolutely refuse to lose, I'd suggest backing up all your saves onto the cloud storage and then just switch the HDD without backing up anything. Then you can just download your save files back to your new HDD and download everything else you want at your own time and leisure. That's what I did and the whole process was pretty quick and painless.

[quote name='abhinav']I don't usually worry about this stuff so sorry if it's been asked before: Does anyone know when Sound Shapes should go up? I have jury duty all Tuesday and this game would make the experience a lot more fun for me... Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Haha It's been asked about a billion times before actually, but thank you for asking politely, it's very much appreciated (by me at least).

Recently the PS Store has been updating in the afternoon, anytime between 12-2 Mountain time. However sometimes the store doesn't update until later in the evening, so it's really kind of a crapshoot as to when Sound Shapes will actually be up and available to download.

Also, the best way to find it as soon as it's up on the store is to search it. So you may just want to search the store every 30 minutes or so and that will be your best bet to getting it as early as possible.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Unless you have anything on your HDD that you absolutely refuse to lose, I'd suggest backing up all your saves onto the cloud storage and then just switch the HDD without backing up anything. Then you can just download your save files back to your new HDD and download everything else you want at your own time and leisure. That's what I did and the whole process was pretty quick and painless.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I disagree about refilling 300+ gb with downloads "quick and painless." That would take me several days, including reinstalling games, which also renders your PS3 unusable during that time. Maybe if you spaced it all out, it could be tolerable, but sure isn't quick and painless.

[quote name='GT']Hmm. I disagree about refilling 300+ gb with downloads "quick and painless." That would take me several days, including reinstalling games, which also renders your PS3 unusable during that time. Maybe if you spaced it all out, it could be tolerable, but sure isn't quick and painless.[/QUOTE]Well that's under the assumption that you'd want to replace everything immediately. I specifically said that the method I used was better for re-downloading items on your own time and pace. Just backing up the HDD and then restoring it is going to take you AT LEAST a day anyways. In which time your PS3 will also be unusable. I've just been downloading and installing games when I actually feel the urge to play them. And so far I haven't regretted my choice.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Well that's under the assumption that you'd want to replace everything immediately. I specifically said that the method I used was better for re-downloading items on your own time and pace. Just backing up the HDD and then restoring it is going to take you AT LEAST a day anyways. In which time your PS3 will also be unusable. I've just been downloading and installing games when I actually feel the urge to play them. And so far I haven't regretted my choice.[/QUOTE]

I went this route when I traded in my fat PS3 for a slim and I don't regret it one bit. How much of that 300GB of stuff would you wan to play immediately anyway? The only thing that really sucked was downloading all my LBP2 DLC one at a time :(

I bought a 1TB HDD for $60 off ebay. Best decision i made so far.

My PS3 is filled with games. (Plus until 2016) and Downloaded Tv shows and movies.

So far i have 400gb left from the 1TB.

I sold my PS3 stock 320gb for $30 on Craigslist making the upgrade a mere $30

Let the ps3 do it's back up procedure (8-10 hours) while i did other productive things.

All it takes is a day or just let the ps3 back-up everything while you are sleeping

[quote name='6er']Any news yet on when that raptr free psn import game deal goes live? Isn't yet....[/QUOTE]

Previous raptr rewards that I've watched have gone live at 10 AM PST.

[quote name='rawer']Trying to decide between R-Types & R-Type Delta...can anyone make a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

I bought Delta a long while ago and its great. I think its the best R-Type game in the series.
R-Types is the arcade version of R-Type and R-Type II. I have that on disc so I didn't buy it.

Of the two I recommend Delta I really enjoyed it and cant wait for PSone games to be playable on the vita so I can transfer it.

Stupid AT&T DSL won't let me sign-in to PS Store (apparently AT&T outage in several states since Monday)

I can't check the Expiring Soon tab - I hope I am not missing any free stuff from last week.

[quote name='zeldaking']Stupid AT&T DSL won't let me sign-in to PS Store (apparently AT&T outage in several states since Monday)

I can't check the Expiring Soon tab - I hope I am not missing any free stuff from last week.[/QUOTE]

You could give me your account info and I could check for you ;)

[quote name='MoveableObject']Just an FYI: the Raptr import reward is up now.[/QUOTE]

yup, and I got Blockids. I have no idea what that is but from the PSN description it might be an Arkonoid clone or something. I redeemed and might check it out later.

[quote name='MoveableObject']Just an FYI: the Raptr import reward is up now.[/QUOTE]

I have experienced and advanced in two games (Dragon Age Origins and LittleBigPlanet) and it says that I don't meet the newbie requirement?
Any ideas or suggestions?

[quote name='spacebooger']I have experienced and advanced in two games (Dragon Age Origins and LittleBigPlanet) and it says that I don't meet the newbie requirement?
Any ideas or suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Click "check my reward" on the main rewards page. It wasn't registering my games either but doing that gave me the code immediately.

I got Gaia Seed for anyone wondering what some of the available games are.

[quote name='spacebooger']I have experienced and advanced in two games (Dragon Age Origins and LittleBigPlanet) and it says that I don't meet the newbie requirement?
Any ideas or suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Did you click the "Check your reward" button? My checkmark in the newbie box wasn't checked, but when I clicked "Check your reward" it popped up with my download code.

Edit: NINJA'd!

The PS Store has been updated. Downloading Sound Shapes for Vita as we speak. The PS3 and Vita versions are 2 separate downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back