PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']Reality, please just stop[/QUOTE]

Put me on your ignore list if you don't care to see my posts.

Thanks I already did the same to you and some others in here who can't keep whining because they can't even respond to someone but when someone responds they whine because they didn't want to even respond in the first place, yet they had the "solution", but didn't want to help in the forums.

Frisky has been helping and not even arguing about anything everthing I say needs to be argued then no more.

Feel free to ignore me.

[quote name='realit3y']Put me on your ignore list if you don't care to see my posts.

Thanks I already did the same to you and some others in here who can't keep whining because they can't even respond to someone but when someone responds they whine because they didn't want to even respond in the first place, yet they had the "solution", but didn't want to help in the forums.

Frisky has been helping and not even arguing about anything everthing I say needs to be argued then no more.

Feel free to ignore me.[/QUOTE]

OK, ignored :)

Last Chance (Leaving on 10/30)

Pre-Order – Need for Speed Most Wanted
Discount – Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Discount – Costume Quest
Discount – Dead Nation
Discount – Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Discount – inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
Discount – AMY
Discount – Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection Content Pack
Discount – Dead Space 2
Discount – Plants vs. Zombies
Discount – Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
Discount – Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Discount – The House of the Dead Overkill Bundle
Discount – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record
Discount – Zen Pinball 2 Monsters Bundle (Vita & PS3 Cross-Entitled)
Discount – Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

[quote name='realit3y']The renewing PS+ is when you leave your subscription ran out, and when that happens all the free games you downloaded while you had the account with PS+ active are de-listed from the list of downloads.

Once you renew your subscription you reget all those free games again but you get them at the top of your download list making it worse for you to search where they are.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='realit3y']If you renew right now before it rans out it won't do that you are correct[/QUOTE]

[quote name='realit3y']Well then you should have answered to him in the first place, I'm just stating facts that happenned to me I only recently start a us account and used 2 psn+ codes all my downloads on the list the most recent ones were from the IGC.

When I added those 2 months nothing changed at all because there wasn't any other download on it at the top.

Regarding with my experience on Europe PSN+ I only use 1 month codes and because I do let them expire everything, I re-sub my subscription which is turned on again, then all the psn free downloads appear at the top.

If you can see below I said in my post that I wasn't sure and certain about that fact that if you renew that it will reput them at the top of the list.

Also if you guys want to answer just do it don't come here and bashing out a guy who is at least answering something while you guys are shy and don't even want to help anyone.[/QUOTE]

You really don't get it do you? When you answered his questions you didn't base your answers on personal experience. You gave him answers like they were facts. Anyone looking at your answers (despite the grammar) would assume that what you said was correct and would happen 100% of the time. You didn't say "I'm not sure" or "This was from personal experience" until after someone questioned your answers. Just to be clear, I'm not "bashing" you. I'm just stating what you said.

[quote name='Namerson']You really don't get it do you? When you answered his questions you didn't base your answers on personal experience. You gave him answers like they were facts. Anyone looking at your answers (despite the grammar) would assume that what you said was correct and would happen 100% of the time. You didn't say "I'm not sure" or "This was from personal experience" until after someone questioned your answers. Just to be clear, I'm not "bashing" you. I'm just stating what you said.[/QUOTE]

That would be right weren't it for the fact that I posted before Velo214 replied to me and I didn't edit the post:

Also as you can see I am not stating a fact ,only the last line which I know 100% occurs and which is true.

Regarding if the download list changes every time you add time to your main account that is something that couldn't be tested because like I said I just had download ICG Collection and didn't download anything else.

Because the account only had free stuff when I inputted the code it stayed the same.

Not my problem.

[quote name='realit3y']Well if it helps I yesterday added 2 more months to my subscription with 2 codes and they didn't change but also I only recenlty got into us psn store.

So I can't say for sure if when you add more months your list goes up to the list.

So I don't know what happenned to you

But one thing is guaranteed if you forget to renew and go for a sub once more they will guaranteed go to the top of your download list[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zonic505']PS Store blog is up.

There's a free Halloween Dynamic Theme if you look for it.

& damn, Kenka Bancho is on sale for $7.49. Possibly the lowest I've seen it. Been wanting to try that game out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the theme but it's the same one they gave us last year :(

Reality: your long ass rants (i mean factual posts) are just so .......long.

Wow an SFxTK DLC sale? I'm surprised, I might get some later. Though I want to see what the hell is up with the Pre-Order and Voucher codes for it, they seemed to be glitched/reversed at the moment....the one in the game case was supposed to give the 12 characters/alt costumes and instead gives the pre-order stuff, and the pre-order code gives the alt costumes.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Fast Draw Showdown - $4.99 - Move Compatible
God of War: Origins Collections - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Naughty Bear Double Trouble - $19.99 - 2.3 GB - Includes Naught Bear Gold + Panic in Paradise
Order Up! - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Smash Cars - $7.49

Minis
Feisty Feet - $2.99

PSP Games
Corpse Party - $9.99 - Ends 11/6
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble - $7.49

Vita Games
Frobisher Says! - Free - 465 MB

Add-ons
Mugen Souls - Flashy Coordination - Free
Mugen Souls - Undisputed God Prudence Pack 2 - Free
Mugen Souls - G Up Pack 2 - Free
Mugen Souls - Point Pack 2 - Free
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 2 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $2.99 - Vita Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $1.99 - Vita Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter Swap Costume Complete Pack - $6.49 - Vita Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Tekken Swap Costume Complete Pack - $6.49 - Vita Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Tekken DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $1.99 - Vita Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter/Tekken Swap Costume Complete Pack - $8.49 - Vita Cross Buy
Tokyo Jungle - Mawashi Costume - Free
Tokyo Jungle - Famitsu Swag Costume - Free
Tokyo Jungle - Pipo Helmet Costume - Free

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add-Ons - Free - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Packs - Free - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Preset Combo Packs - Free - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Gem Packs - Free - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $2.99 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $1.99 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter Swap Costume Complete Pack - $6.49 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Tekken Swap Costume Complete Pack - $6.49 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Street Fighter/Tekken Swap Costume Complete Pack - $8.49 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Tekken DLC Character Swap Costume Complete Pack - $1.99 - PS3 Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Dhalsim Swap Costume - $0.99 - PS3 Cross Buy

Themes
Halloween Theme - Free - Dynamic

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - Pimp My Rabbit - $3.99
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - Virtual Rabbit Missions - $2.39
Wonder Boy in Monster Land - $1.00 - Ends 10/30

Full Game Trial
Medal of Honor Warfighter - 12 GB

Ending for PS+ next week:

Deals
Amy - $2.50 PS+
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Rezurrection Map Pack - $7.34
Costume Quest Complete Bundle - $3.75
Dead Nation - $3.75
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - $9.79
Dead Space 2 - $9.79
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime - $1.25
The House of the Dead Overkill Bundle - $15.39
Infamous Festival of Blood - $2.50
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $53.99
Plants vs. Zombies - $7.34
Plants vs. Zombies - Vita - $7.34
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - $24.49
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita - $3.91
Wonder Boy in Monster Land - $1.00
Zen Pinball 2 - Monsters Bundle - $4.19 - Includes The Paranormal, Sorcerer’s Lair and Plants vs. Zombies

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
Centipede
Missile Command
Pong
Virtual Pool

PSP Games
Final Fantasy III

Since I'm sure some people are wondering, no, it doesn't seem that free Vita game Frobisher Says has any trophies. It's a decent WarioWare style game with random minigames similar to Welcome Park, making use of all the different features of the Vita (camera, rear touchpad, etc.). You unlock more mini-games by playing or buying the Super Pack (which I guess will be up next week or so). Some have controls that're WAAAY too sensitive if you use the analog stick (the hot tub one comes to mind), and having to use the camera to find something of a specific color or scanning your face to see if you're smiling can rather be annoying, especially if lighting conditions aren't the best.

God, I'm so close to just buying Zero Escape digitally, Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy out yet -__-.

Downloading Frobisher Says!, seems like a warioware kind of game and it's free so nothing to lose there.

I know this is a disappointment to you all, but it doesn't look like Hydrophobia is on sale this week. We will all have to pray that the digital gods finally allow us to get this cherished classic for cheap next week.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know this is a disappointment to you all, but it doesn't look like Hydrophobia is on sale this week. We will all have to pray that the digital gods finally allow us to get this cherished classic for cheap next week.[/QUOTE]

It's funny because that game is terrible and is either free or constantly on sale.

Captain Ruins Jokes, AWAY~

I got $45 to spend until I get past $100... and I can't seem to get there.

Got Corpse Party today, I can get Okami HD next week,... I dunno, Siren maybe? I want things but they have to be unique to PSN/PS3/PSP as I play a ton of games on PC.

Any impressions of Fast Draw Showdown?

And I'd gladly buy Smash Cars if they're ever wise enough to drop the regular price to $10, then when it goes on sale for 50% off like it does almost once a month I can grab it for $5.

even though its only a dollar, wonder boy seems like its going to be a pain judging by its trophies. I am too backlogged to get into a game like that methinks. By not getting the game I am not saving a dollar, but saving the painful time of playing the game.

Unless someone can vouch for its fun factor, collecting its trophies included.

Kinda confused about the SFXTK DLC on sale. What why do i need / not need them? I was hoping the extra characters would be discounted. I'll only ever play the PS3 version.

[quote name='gospelman']Kinda confused about the SFXTK DLC on sale. What why do i need / not need them? I was hoping the extra characters would be discounted. I'll only ever play the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was just me, but the SFxTK complete costume dlc was listed for FREE for Vita. Due to cross buy, it automatically gave me the PS3 version for free as well.

Just tested it on the game and I really do have the DLC costumes for free on my PS3.

I know everyone hates the game, I'm just informing people about a deal.

You Know what the sf/tk complete swap pack is showing up free on my ps3.i think its a mistake because i dont even have the vita version but its listed as free for the ps3 version.i was quick to jump on it.gave my the vita version free aswell.

[quote name='thisisthetito4']You Know what the sf/tk complete swap pack is showing up free on my ps3.i think its a mistake because i dont even have the vita version but its listed as free for the ps3 version.i was quick to jump on it.gave my the vita version free aswell.[/QUOTE]

Yoink! Thanks chum.

[quote name='thisisthetito4']You Know what the sf/tk complete swap pack is showing up free on my ps3.i think its a mistake because i dont even have the vita version but its listed as free for the ps3 version.i was quick to jump on it.gave my the vita version free aswell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. Don't even have the game but who knows may pick it up in the future.

[quote name='Umair56']I'm sure someday we'll have an amazing PS store week for Vita, right guys? Right?[/QUOTE]

I just purchased and installed Corpse Party, The Red Star, Kenka Bancho, and Tales from Space all on sale and all on my Vita so hey, not bad. Also considering Plants vs. Zombies VITA if I decide to try to reach the $100 for October...hmm.

[quote name='darken']Maybe it was just me, but the SFxTK complete costume dlc was listed for FREE for Vita. Due to cross buy, it automatically gave me the PS3 version for free as well. [/QUOTE]

Thanks, these are still up for free, just checked out.

Thanks.

Has anyone who installed the free costume packs from PSN been able to use them on the PS3?

I've downloaded the complete pack and the individual packs that were up for free, but I'm not able to select them.

I wonder if all this is the solution they came up with for the major DLC problem they have with the Vita version of SF X Tekken that I wrote about in the Vita thread:

[quote name='Decker']Heads Up:
For SFXTekken Vita, all first-run copies were supposed to come with a code for the 12 additional DLC characters for the PS3 and for the 38 core character additional costumes for both systems. In addition, those who pre-ordered the game from select retailers were supposed to get additional costumes for those 12 additional characters. I didn't preorder at one of those select retailers and got it from New Egg for $29.99 instead. I got an insert for the 12 DLC Characters and the 38 core character additional costumes, redeemed it on PSN and guess what? Yup, good for 12 additional character costumes only.

Checking the Capcom forum, others have had the same experience. Guess I have to call Sony. Dammit![/QUOTE]
I called Sony a few hours ago and they said it was Capcom's fault and gave me a number to call them at (which was, of course, an out of service number).

[quote name='specialist']Has anyone who installed the free costume packs from PSN been able to use them on the PS3?

I've downloaded the complete pack and the individual packs that were up for free, but I'm not able to select them.[/QUOTE]
yes i have downloaded and installed it can can confirm that it does work.atleast when i first installed it.make sure u have updated the game also.

[quote name='thisisthetito4']yes i have downloaded and installed it can can confirm that it does work.atleast when i first installed it.make sure u have updated the game also.[/QUOTE]

Just played the game last night, it should be up to date. I've got three different Vita things on my PS3 XMB that are for the Vita, but I'm positive the others installed as well. Not sure what's going on then.

[quote name='specialist']Just played the game last night, it should be up to date. I've got three different Vita things on my PS3 XMB that are for the Vita, but I'm positive the others installed as well. Not sure what's going on then.[/QUOTE]
ok well try this check your download list on your psn account and look for the ps3 version you downloaded and re-dwl/install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back