PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']what the... does PS+ auto renew even if you just use pre paid cards?! I had about $40 in my wallet because of all the sales. I had gotten a 3 month card that i used a while back. I just checked my email and there is an $18 charge i did NOT authorize. I think its for a PS+ renewal. I need to look into it on Monday probably, but my guess is they just took 18 bucks out of my wallet without my consent. Can they friggin do that?! I specifically avoid giving them my credit card because of the hacking fiasco a while back and now theyre just taking money from my account without my authorization?

Anyone know how that works? If it is some auto renewal how the hell do you cancel it, and can i get my money back? The charge was a couple days ago[/QUOTE]

You could try calling and asking for your money back but since it tells you when you start PS + that it turns on auto renewal, they will probably tell you no. This happened to a friend of mine who didn't read that it turns it on and when he got charged for the renewal he called Sony who told him they wouldn't refund him since it told him it would auto renew unless turned off. He ended up having his bank reverse the charges and Sony actually suspended his PSN account until he paid the amount the bank reversed

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the... does PS+ auto renew even if you just use pre paid cards?! I had about $40 in my wallet because of all the sales. I had gotten a 3 month card that i used a while back. I just checked my email and there is an $18 charge i did NOT authorize. I think its for a PS+ renewal. I need to look into it on Monday probably, but my guess is they just took 18 bucks out of my wallet without my consent. Can they friggin do that?! I specifically avoid giving them my credit card because of the hacking fiasco a while back and now theyre just taking money from my account without my authorization?

Anyone know how that works? If it is some auto renewal how the hell do you cancel it, and can i get my money back? The charge was a couple days ago[/QUOTE]

It might not be applicable in this situation since you technically did authorize the charge by not turning off auto-renew but if you file a claim to get your money back, Sony will likely ban your account. If I were you, I'd eat the $18 and enjoy three more months of Plus.

You probably consented without your consent or you just ignored that you were giving consent. When I redeemed the PS+ 1 month codes that were given out by IGN a few weeks ago, it specifically said that it was turning on the auto-renew, so you should read the fine print next time.

From the description on the Amazon page for a three month code:
PlayStation Plus is only available to PlayStation Network users 18 years of age or older. PlayStation Plus subscription renews automatically and continues until canceled. At the end of the term, cost of the next term will automatically be deducted from your PlayStation wallet. If there are not enough funds in the wallet, your credit card will automatically be charged. For more details, please see the Terms of Service and User Agreement.

The exact same thing is mentioned on the PlayStation Store for the Three Month Sub. Now you know about this for the next time.

[quote name='Blue Arcana']Turning off auto renew -

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2630[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link. Last time I had PS+ I must have turned off auto renew in the wrong place. Luckily, I'm paranoid and made sure I drained the money out of my account before it was supposed to auto renew so Sony failed when it tried to auto renew. Hopefully this time I will turn it off in the right place

[quote name='Covnam']Thanks for the link, I sent an email to their customer service. I got the game on the 8th and also added Plus that same day, so hopefully they'll be nice and give me the difference back. Wish I found out about this sooner, but I just got internet service back today -_-[/QUOTE]

Good luck lol, tried twice here and denied. Worst part was the guy who responded to my first message said he could get me refunded after I give my info, then the 2nd guy who got my info flat out denied me.

Gahh, auto-renewal is so deceptive, lol. Not singling out Sony on it. Amazon and others are just as annoying. Why not shoot a friendly reminder e-mail or a week ahead of time? Why bury the cancellation options? I guess I know "why", but still.

[quote name='breakfuss']Gahh, auto-renewal is so deceptive, lol. Not singling out Sony on it. Amazon and others are just as annoying. Why not shoot a friendly reminder e-mail or a week ahead of time? Why bury the cancellation options? I guess I know "why", but still.[/QUOTE]

It's not deceptive if they explicitly tell you about it right when you sign up.

Does Corpse Party get a discount often at all? I'm very tempted to play it, but I'm not a huge fan of visual novels. I probably won't end up playing it until the summer.

[quote name='Kova_refer']Does Corpse Party get a discount often at all? I'm very tempted to play it, but I'm not a huge fan of visual novels. I probably won't end up playing it until the summer.[/QUOTE]
This is the first within its first year.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's not deceptive if they explicitly tell you about it right when you sign up.[/QUOTE]

It is shady. Ultimately, the point of things like this is to trick people who don't really want something into still paying for it. They hope that either someone didn't read it, forgets to turn it off, or that they don't think about whether or not they want to keep it(set it and forget it!).

It is a dishonest, predatory business practice and very common.

[quote name='Slashlen']It is shady. Ultimately, the point of things like this is to trick people who don't really want something into still paying for it. They hope that either someone didn't read it, forgets to turn it off, or that they don't think about whether or not they want to keep it(set it and forget it!).

It is a dishonest, predatory business practice and very common.[/QUOTE]

When you sign up, you get a pop up notification that tells you auto-renew is enabled. If you don't shut it off right then, that's your fault. If you don't read the notification, that's your fault. It's not like it's buried in a TOS agreement.

Shady implies hidden or disguised. This is blatant and in your face, nothin shady about that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When you sign up, you get a pop up notification that tells you auto-renew is enabled. If you don't shut it off right then, that's your fault. If you don't read the notification, that's your fault. It's not like it's buried in a TOS agreement.

Shady implies hidden or disguised. This is blatant and in your face, nothin shady about that.[/QUOTE]

Shady is where is my checkbox to un-check so that auto-renew is never turned on to begin with? I'd even be fine with it being checked by default and me needing to un-check it. But making me go somewhere else to find the option to turn off is the very definition of shady.

Luckily I am aware that the vast majority of businesses (and people) are shady, so I am not usually a victim.

[quote name='Slashlen']It is shady. Ultimately, the point of things like this is to trick people who don't really want something into still paying for it. They hope that either someone didn't read it, forgets to turn it off, or that they don't think about whether or not they want to keep it(set it and forget it!).

It is a dishonest, predatory business practice and very common.[/QUOTE]

The problem is people would bitch if they didnt have auto renewal and had to call to get the service turned back on when it expires. So businesses have figured out with services like this it is in their best interest to piss off a few people that dont want their service anyway and maybe make a few extra bucks in the process by auto renewing everything.

But as gettinmoney and others pointed out, this auto renewal is in your face and is your fault if you miss it since it isnt hidden when you sign up.

Anyways, all consumers should abide by "Caveat Emptor".

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When you sign up, you get a pop up notification that tells you auto-renew is enabled. If you don't shut it off right then, that's your fault. If you don't read the notification, that's your fault. It's not like it's buried in a TOS agreement.

Shady implies hidden or disguised. This is blatant and in your face, nothin shady about that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he has no responsibility. Sony set a trap(an obvious one) and he walked right into it. Yes, he should have been paying attention, but it's not like Sony's the good guy in this.

Why doesn't Sony just ASK if they want auto-renew on or off? You mention the pop up, why not make it a Yes/No question? The answer is that there is more profit in creating those hoops to jump through because you get paid whenever someone trips.

It's a dishonest way of doing business because it's attempting to charge for a service that people may not want. If it were opt-in, fine, you told them you want it to continue indefinitely. Making it opt-out will keep a certain # of people paying who never intended to renew. Sony knows this, and that's why it's opt-out.

[quote name='Slashlen']I'm not saying he has no responsibility. Sony set a trap(an obvious one) and he walked right into it. Yes, he should have been paying attention, but it's not like Sony's the good guy in this.

Why doesn't Sony just ASK if they want auto-renew on or off? You mention the pop up, why not make it a Yes/No question? The answer is that there is more profit in creating those hoops to jump through because you get paid whenever someone trips.

It's a dishonest way of doing business because it's attempting to charge for a service that people may not want. If it were opt-in, fine, you told them you want it to continue indefinitely. Making it opt-out will keep a certain # of people paying who never intended to renew. Sony knows this, and that's why it's opt-out.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with companies making money off stupid and/or lazy people. Those types get no sympathy from me.

If there's a door with a big sign on it that says "You will lose $100 if you enter" and then you enter, I don't think you get to complain about losing $100 and say that the door is shady or deceptive.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I have no problem with companies making money off stupid and/or lazy people. Those types get no sympathy from me.

If there's a door with a big sign on it that says "You will lose $100 if you enter" and then you enter, I don't think you get to complain about losing $100 and say that the door is shady or deceptive.[/QUOTE]

lol -- "stupid and/or lazy people". That simple, eh? You do realize there are ongoing discussions regarding the very legality of this? Auto renewal is a known practice employed by tons of industries including the worst offenders, credit card and insurance companies. No one is playing the helpless victim here, just empathizing with the guy. People have lives, kids, work, school, other bills...they forget things. Opt-in should be the standard, not the other way around.

Also, in the case of PS+, it's easy to forget because you have to register a credit card even if you're only using a 30-day trial.

[quote name='breakfuss']lol -- "stupid and/or lazy people". That simple, eh? You do realize there are ongoing discussions regarding the very legality of this? Auto renewal is a known practice employed by tons of industries including the worst offenders, credit card and insurance companies. No one is playing the helpless victim here, just empathizing with the guy. People have lives, kids, work, school, other bills...they forget things. Opt-in should be the standard, not the other way around.

Also, in the case of PS+, it's easy to forget because you have to register a credit card even if you're only using a 30-day trial.[/QUOTE]

No excuse. It tells you right when you sign up. If you have a problem with it, you should opt out at that moment. Choosing to wait and then forgetting about it is stupid and/or lazy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No excuse. It tells you right when you sign up. If you have a problem with it, you should opt out at that moment. Choosing to wait and then forgetting about it is stupid and/or lazy.[/QUOTE]

Sony definitely has a huge incentive to give free 30 day trials away with new systems and through promos due to needing a CC to register. People click through menus real quick, the real lesson is always read everything involving your credit card. It's an underhanded practice no doubt, opt-in should be standard, but this far into online consumerism, it's definitely one's own responsibility though no less aggravating.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No excuse. It tells you right when you sign up. If you have a problem with it, you should opt out at that moment. Choosing to wait and then forgetting about it is stupid and/or lazy.[/QUOTE]
It is completely shady. Sony literally changes the permissions on electronics/hardware that you purchase and they hide behind the fine print in their TOS. Utter bullshit.

No, it's not. They tell you right when you are about to sign up and I believe even say how to turn off auto renew.

Don't like it then don't accept it. Simple.

If they hid the fact that they were turning on auto renew amid a bunch of other text then sure, that might be considered shady (even though you should still read), but since they flat out tell you and there's no way you can miss it popping up on screen, it's 110% your fault if you don't turn it off.

[quote name='whoknows']No, it's not. They tell you right when you are about to sign up and I believe even say how to turn off auto renew.

Don't like it then don't accept it. Simple.

If they hid the fact that they were turning on auto renew amid a bunch of other text then sure, that might be considered shady (even though you should still read), but since they flat out tell you and there's no way you can miss it popping up on screen, it's 110% your fault if you don't turn it off.[/QUOTE]

This - it has its own pop up box with instructions on how to turn it off and you don't have to accept it and can stop the redemption process at that point.

People are mad when they agree to something they don't read and it ends up biting them in the ass? PS+ is one of the least shady services I've used, right before activation it tells you it's turning on auto-renewal and how you can turn it off. It only takes a few seconds to read it and if you don't that's on you.

Auto-renewal is a incredibly sh*tty tactic. It's cute that some of you want to argue the merits of it simply to be contrarian. People's financial situations change, people move or like in my case, leave the country. A number of things can happen over the course of a year. It's not always so cut and dry, so when a company is deliberately cryptic, they're just trying to game people. I guess everyone making a fuss should cut Sony some slack since it's otherwise known for it's fabulous customer service.

[quote name='johnnypark']Sony definitely has a huge incentive to give free 30 day trials away with new systems and through promos due to needing a CC to register. People click through menus real quick, the real lesson is always read everything involving your credit card. It's an underhanded practice no doubt, opt-in should be standard, but this far into online consumerism, it's definitely one's own responsibility though no less aggravating.[/QUOTE]

If making sure people read and don't just blindly click through or sign everything is underhanded, then we're in a pretty sad shape as a people. I could understand your guy's arguments if it was a 15 page document of legalese and the opt in clause was buried in there, but it's not.

[quote name='breakfuss']Auto-renewal is a incredibly sh*tty tactic. It's cute that some of you want to argue the merits of it simply to be contrarian. People's financial situations change, people move or like in my case, leave the country. A number of things can happen over the course of a year. It's not always so cut and dry, so when a company is deliberately cryptic, they're just trying to game people. I guess everyone making a fuss should cut Sony some slack since it's otherwise known for it's fabulous customer service.[/QUOTE]

Our point is that it is not deliberately cryptic. It's in your face and blatant. If you consider that deliberately cryptic, then you're an idiot. A fool and his money are soon parted.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Any ideas what will be free for November in ps+?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tomorrow we will know what's coming this week.[/QUOTE]We should be seeing the beginning of the Vita Instant Game Collection. My fingers are crossed for Hot Shots and WipEout.

Sony will probably give away Modnation and Little Deviant's just to troll everyone. Either way, I REALLY need to get a bigger Vita memory card.....this 8GB is barely big enough

[quote name='breakfuss']Auto-renewal is a incredibly sh*tty tactic. It's cute that some of you want to argue the merits of it simply to be contrarian. People's financial situations change, people move or like in my case, leave the country. A number of things can happen over the course of a year. It's not always so cut and dry, so when a company is deliberately cryptic, they're just trying to game people. I guess everyone making a fuss should cut Sony some slack since it's otherwise known for it's fabulous customer service.[/QUOTE]

You miss their point, so perhaps you should look past one side to see the other. The point is, NO ONE agrees that it should automatically enroll you, but they DO tell you thats whats happening. In the end, this is a semantic argument. You can always contest what we're saying with stuff and we can dispute it with other stuff, but the fact remains. No matter your situation, if you have 5 minutes to enter a code on the PSN, you should have the time to read a short pop up and disable auto renew. This isn't a long hard process, it's a short simple one. Furthermore, it's hardly okay to defend someone that could have easily disabled it in 2 minutes. I mean who cares your situation, you should have some foresight to realize you might not be able to pay this or this might not be something you want and disable it from the start. If you don't, then ideally you will learn this lesson.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Sony will probably give away Modnation and Little Deviant's just to troll everyone. Either way, I REALLY need to get a bigger Vita memory card.....this 8GB is barely big enough[/QUOTE]

If anything, it would be Sumioni. Too many people complained about the price, lack of content and how awful it was... I thought it was great, sure 20 was a bit, but next to the 60+ Japan payed... it's not bad.

@ d8onausa

One of the Sony reps mentioned there was no plans to reveal the US Vita stuff. We will most likely hear nothing, but as they said, plans can always change.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If making sure people read and don't just blindly click through or sign everything is underhanded, then we're in a pretty sad shape as a people. I could understand your guy's arguments if it was a 15 page document of legalese and the opt in clause was buried in there, but it's not.

Our point is that it is not deliberately cryptic. It's in your face and blatant. If you consider that deliberately cryptic, then you're an idiot. A fool and his money are soon parted.[/QUOTE]

Well, I consider it underhanded for any company to do this (Amazon Prime being a good example) because it's clear that businesses anticipate that people will click through things or forget. A year is a long time to forget, after all.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that it's the end user's fault if they don't opt-out when they sign up since that option is presented clearly. But the fact that the opt-in is standard for any service like this is plain-and-simple annoying. That's all.

Say you do select auto-renew thinking you're totally interested in doing it, but 6-9 months later you forget that it was an option you selected (and wanted) and are dissatisfied with the service or, far worse, hit hard times and can't afford the charge. Nonrefundable service charges like Prime or PS+ can really some damage financially if they don't send you an email stating "Your subscription will auto-renew in 14 days!" Any service which takes the time to notify/warn you that you're about to be charged for an auto-renew is exonerated - does PS+ in fact do this? I already renewed mine so I didn't find out.

[quote name='admiralvic']If anything, it would be Sumioni. Too many people complained about the price, lack of content and how awful it was... I thought it was great, sure 20 was a bit, but next to the 60+ Japan payed... it's not bad.

@ d8onausa

One of the Sony reps mentioned there was no plans to reveal the US Vita stuff. We will most likely hear nothing, but as they said, plans can always change.[/QUOTE]

I would love if Sumioni was free, but I don't see it happening.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I would love if Sumioni was free, but I don't see it happening.[/QUOTE]

This. I was considering buying until I saw the price. Was just waiting for a sale for me to get it

[quote name='johnnypark']Well, I consider it underhanded for any company to do this (Amazon Prime being a good example) because it's clear that businesses anticipate that people will click through things or forget. A year is a long time to forget, after all.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that it's the end user's fault if they don't opt-out when they sign up since that option is presented clearly. But the fact that the opt-in is standard for any service like this is plain-and-simple annoying. That's all.

Say you do select auto-renew thinking you're totally interested in doing it, but 6-9 months later you forget that it was an option you selected (and wanted) and are dissatisfied with the service or, far worse, hit hard times and can't afford the charge. Nonrefundable service charges like Prime or PS+ can really some damage financially if they don't send you an email stating "Your subscription will auto-renew in 14 days!" Any service which takes the time to notify/warn you that you're about to be charged for an auto-renew is exonerated - does PS+ in fact do this? I already renewed mine so I didn't find out.[/QUOTE]

I recently signed up for a free trial of Prime and I was shocked at how obvious they made it that it would autorenew if you didn't opt out. They even put in a damn button that lets you opt out right there.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']I recently signed up for a free trial of Prime and I was shocked at how obvious they made it that it would autorenew if you didn't opt out. They even put in a damn button that lets you opt out right there.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty shady, they should send an e-mail to you every day about how to opt out and how much time you have left before you are charged.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sounds pretty shady, they should send an e-mail to you every day about how to opt out and how much time you have left before you are charged.[/QUOTE]

Still too shady, they should set up a telepathic link and monitor your thoughts to see how you feel about renewing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I would love if Sumioni was free, but I don't see it happening.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']This. I was considering buying until I saw the price. Was just waiting for a sale for me to get it[/QUOTE]

Was the only free Vita game Japan got, so thats the first Vita plus game to be announced anywhere... seems far more likely when you look at it like that (forgot to mention that originally).

[quote name='admiralvic']Was the only free Vita game Japan got, so thats the first Vita plus game to be announced anywhere... seems far more likely when you look at it like that (forgot to mention that originally).[/QUOTE]

As we've seen with EU/US, just because another region gets it, it doesn't mean we'll get it. With that said, I would love to be wrong.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']As we've seen with EU/US, just because another region gets it, it doesn't mean we'll get it. With that said, I would love to be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I know, but it makes it seem more realistic than say WipEout 2048.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/04/the-drop-week-of-november-5th-2012-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PS3

LittleBigPlanet Karting - (Also on PSN) – Join Sackboy and Sackgirl on the starting grid for a new kart racing adventure! Fire up your engines, jump behind the steering wheel and take on your friends and foes in breathtakingly unpredictable battles through an ever-changing world of content. In order to save the Craftworld universe, players join a fast-paced karting campaign, filled with intense classic kart racing and ultra-competitive arena battles. Beyond traditional racing and battle scenarios are more adventurous driving expeditions, including objective-based missions, boss battles, and mini-games.

On the create side, players can customize their Sackboy, karts, and much more. The new level editor tools will allow players to construct far more than just kart racing games, as they can design their own karting experiences with the ability to make their own game rules, weapons, and tracks that break free from the constraints of a traditional racetrack allowing the imagination to run wild in a completely open environment. Players will also be fully able to share this content with others around the world through PlayStation Network providing access to what promises to be millions of LittleBigPlanet Karting experiences created by the community.

PlayStation Network

When Vikings Attack! - (On PS3 & PS Vita) – In the all-action fighting adventure When Vikings Attack, a battalion of Viking invaders, 1200 years late to the party, are causing havoc in your town! In order to combat them, you form a posse of local citizens — a construction worker, a butcher, a policeman, a pastor, a schoolboy, etc. — and take to the streets together in order to use whatever is on the streets to beat back the invaders. Amass a huge horde and you can work together to rip out phone booths or pick up cars in order to throw massively damaging objects at enemies.

When Vikings Attack features both Adventure and Versus gameplay modes that can be played with one to four players. Adventure players can go through the game’s viking invasion storyline and smash enemies through a crazy storyline of single-player or co-op action. Versus players can play on PlayStation 3 or PS Vita against each other in four-player melee quickfire battles for wild fighting action.

Vanquish – The story of Vanquish is set in the near future. Russia and the United States are vying for ownership of the world’s fast-depleting energy resources and the US has constructed a space station in order to harness energy from the sun. Russian forces capture this space station and divert its harvested solar energy into a blast wave that destroys San Francisco, aiming to force the US into a total and unconditional surrender. In response, the US tasks its armed forces with recapturing the space station before the Russians can annihilate their next target – New York.

Portal 2 – Using a highly experimental portal device, you’ll once again face off against a lethally inventive, power-mad A.I. named GLaDOS. And this time you won’t be alone. Meet an expanded cast of characters as you think your way through dangerous, never-before-seen areas of Aperture Laboratories.

Absolute Supercars – From the racing minds at Eutechnyx comes the definitive auto package for every hardcore driving fan’s wildest dreams: Absolute Supercars! This racing game allows people of all ages and skill to get behind the wheels of some of the world’s most powerful supercars. Take part in quick races, time trials, championships and even an epic Career mode in an attempt to earn the big bucks and fill your Showroom with a cavalcade of stunning motors! From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there’s a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

PID – PID is a creative, stylish, retro-flavored platforming adventure game designed to turn everything you know about 2D gameplay upside down. You play as a young boy that gets stranded on an old remote planet. He must fight off a variety of malicious robots bent on stopping him and befriend unlikely allies to shed light on a huge conspiracy that keeps the planet mesmerized and prevents him from ever reaching home.

The core feature in PID allows players to manipulate a powerful force that can be used to maneuver around the levels in thousands of unique ways. In PID, two players can experience the adventure together in co-op mode and help one another navigate tricky puzzles.

Toejam and Earl – Funk at last, funk at last, ToeJam & Earl, funk at last! That’s right people, SEGA brings you the game that funneled funk directly from the mothership right here to Spaceship Earth with this downloadable version of the classic Genesis game, provided through the PlayStation Network service.

In 1991, two aliens, Toejam and Earl, were cruising in their Rapmaster Rocket Ship, when ToeJam decided to let Earl drive. Bad move! After crash landing on Earth, ToeJam and Earl began their mission to get back home to Funkotron. Along the way, they traversed this most un-funky planet, avoiding earthlings, hunting down the pieces of their spaceship, and searching for elevators to take them from level to level. In this one- or two-player game, the goal was to find all 10 pieces of the rocket ship, and return ToeJam and Earl to Funkotron.

Toejam and Earl: In Panic On Funkotron – The year 1993 found the popular alien duo ToeJam and Earl on their home planet of Funkotron. Unknowingly, as they left earth for their return voyage to Funkotron, their cargo included a hoard of earthling stowaways. Because earthlings disrupt the Funk balance on Funkotron, the objective was to capture all the earthlings in jars, and ship them back to earth in rocket ships at the end of each level. This side-scrolling adventure for the Sega Genesis took advantage of a completely new layout and graphics engine, and developed a second generation of loyal fans.

Demos

Disney’s Epic Mickey 2
PID

minis

Enchanted Cavern

PlayStation 2 Classic

Rygar: The Legendary Adventure – The story of Rygar begins with the Island of Argus being plagued by evil Titans. Armageddon has spread over the land, creating chaos as volcanoes, earthquakes, and monsters ravage the countryside. In mankind?s darkest hour, a hero rises from the ashes to defeat the Titans, rescue the princess and restore order to the land. The player will become Rygar and his legendary adventure will begin.

The actions of Rygar rely heavily on the use of his almighty Diskarmor, the hero?s weapon of choice in the game. The yo-yo like Diskarmor is one of the most important elements of the game. Created by gods, the Diskarmor is not just any weapon, it is an essential survival tool and divine instrument for the brave hero. The spiked razor shield will be used for attack, defense, and transportation.

You can complain about the auto renew all you want but I think you're even dumber for leaving your card on your account after the hacking incident.

Did anyone actually get fraudulent charges from that incident? I haven't heard of anyone that did.

Alternatively, people complain about their XBL accounts getting compromised all the time. You'd think people wouldn't want to leave their CC info on that instead.

[quote name='whoknows']Did anyone actually get fraudulent charges from that incident? I haven't heard of anyone that did.

Alternatively, people complain about their XBL accounts getting compromised all the time. You'd think people wouldn't want to leave their CC info on that instead.[/QUOTE]

No, they just like to complain about shit that literally never happened to anyone (or maybe to a handful of people).

And seriously, your WAY more open to getting hacked on Xbox. I know 2 people that got affected by that Fifa incident where people charge tons of DLC to your account. I dont even keep my card on there anymore, i just buy prepaid. Though I do keep mine on PSN.

[quote name='whoknows']Did anyone actually get fraudulent charges from that incident? I haven't heard of anyone that did.

Alternatively, people complain about their XBL accounts getting compromised all the time. You'd think people wouldn't want to leave their CC info on that instead.[/QUOTE]
Unless they've changed it, once you have a CC attached to a Gold Sub, there's no way to remove it outside of maybe calling them.

I don't have my main CC attached to XBL or PSN, so I don't have any problem having one attached to either. It's not a big concern for me.

The thing that bugs me about the renewal discussion is what people actually expect to happen when they sign up for a subscription service.

Nope, and if they did, it was likely because of something else. But since it's Sony, of course all our credit card numbers were stolen and they should never be trusted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back