PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']we just had a baby grrl, Lux Aeterna, but we dig scene/emo/rave chix ;) the crazier the hotter :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats Velo on the new baby. Reminds me I need to hit up Brother Daz.

[quote name='Velo214']we just had a baby grrl, Lux Aeterna, but we dig scene/emo/rave chix ;) the crazier the hotter :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats man. You say that now, but just you wait...

[quote name='handsomepete']No more store via remote play? Boooooo.[/QUOTE]

Please complain about this to whomever you can at Sony. I've voiced my displeasure to @yosp but all he said was "sorry..." That was the only thing that was useful about remote play.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Please complain about this to whomever you can at Sony. I've voiced my displeasure to @yosp but all he said was "sorry..." That was the only thing that was useful about remote play.[/QUOTE]

It's literally the only way I accessed the ps store. There's no good reason to take the ability away, I don't care if it's sluggish.

Last Chance (Leaving on 11/13)

Instant Game Collection – Renegade Ops
Instant Game Collection – Pac Man DX Championship Edition

Discount – WWE 13 Fan Axxess
Discount – Portal 2 In Motion
Discount – Portal 2
Discount – When Vikings Attack

Hey, is there some trick to getting the free PlayStation Plus game? I added Resident Evil 5 to my cart, but I can't seem to check it out without it trying to charge $29.99 to my credit card.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Hey, is there some trick to getting the free PlayStation Plus game? I added Resident Evil 5 to my cart, but I can't seem to check it out without it trying to charge $29.99 to my credit card.[/QUOTE]

You have to be part of PS+? Or if you are it may be in a special section of the store.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Hey, is there some trick to getting the free PlayStation Plus game? I added Resident Evil 5 to my cart, but I can't seem to check it out without it trying to charge $29.99 to my credit card.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same issue with this game, never had this problem in the past.

My store doesn't even look updated. It still lists NFL Blitz as a free game. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: It just updated within a minute after posting this. RE5 was added and NFL Blitz removed, but I'm still not able to actually "buy" RE5 for free.

This store is messed up for especially for + people. The games i got for no pay in the past shows as "FREE" and not purchased, so i try to put it in my cart and then you can't check it out. So you have to look for it in a long a** DL list to re-dl the game you got.

There is a work around to re-dl those games back, but its a pain in the butt to do. EDIT: the dates on my DL list got messed up too, anybody who has this problem?

Ya the new store officially sucks ass in my book. Everything was really decently organized in the old store so you could see all the new sales, all the PS+ freebies and discounted games. Now you have to apply filters to get rid of random avatar sales popping up, etc.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
The Amazing Spider-Man - $49.99 - Permanent Price Drop
De Blob 2 - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
MX vs. ATV Untamed - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Saints Row The Third - $49.99 - 7.2 GB - Full Game + Lotsa DLC
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition - $49.99 - Full Game + Retro Triad Pack, Red Envelope Pack, and Street Raid Pack
Prototype 2 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ricochet HD - $2.49

PSP
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Add-ons
Assassin's Creed III - 50 Erudito Pack - $1.49
Assassin's Creed III - 155 Erudito Pack - $3.74
Assassin's Creed III - 380 Erudito Pack - $7.49
Assassin's Creed III - 925 Erudito Pack - $14.99
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
LittleBigPlanet - Astronaut Costume - Free - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Birthday Cake Costume - Free - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Birthday Cake Costume - Free - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Astronaut Costume - Free - Cross Buy
Mugen Souls - Conspicuous Coordination Set - Free
Mugen Souls - Undisputed God Prudence Pack 4 - Free
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 5 - Free
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 6 - Free
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add-On 9 - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 7 - Free - Cross Buy

Vita Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Birthday Cake Costume - Free - Cross Buy
LittleBigPlanet - Astronaut Costume - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Color Palette Add-On 9 - Free - Cross Buy
Street Fighter X Tekken - Boost Gem Trial Pack 7 - Free - Cross Buy

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99
Portal 2 - $13.99 - Move Compatible
Portal 2 - In Motion - $6.99 - Move Required
When Vikings Attack - PS3/Vita - $6.99 - Cross Buy

Games
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

Expiring for PS+ Next Week:

Deals
Portal 2 - $13.99 - Move Compatible
Portal 2 - In Motion - $6.99
When Vikings Attack - PS3/Vita - $6.99 - Cross Buy
WWE 13 - Fan Axxess - $9.99

Games
Pac Man Championship Edition DX
Renegade Ops

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']This new store is sure working out well, am I right?[/QUOTE]

lol, in some parts i think it works really well. There are just some kinks in the store that I can't believe got past in their test and made them decide "yeah, i think this new store is good to go". Like the issue on those folks with plus.

also dont buy any discounted game because it charges you the full amount. tried to get Persona 3 FES but it was charging me 9.99. by the way should i get that game if i already have the portable one on my vita?

[quote name='rbanez']This store is messed up for especially for + people. The games i got for no pay in the past shows as "FREE" and not purchased, so i try to put it in my cart and then you can't check it out. So you have to look for it in a long a** DL list to re-dl the game you got.

There is a work around to re-dl those games back, but its a pain in the butt to do. EDIT: the dates on my DL list got messed up too, anybody who has this problem?[/QUOTE]

Exact same issue here, well cept not all my previous free plus games are not showing purchased, just 3 of them. And of I try and redo load them I get an error about it can't be purchased at this time. Also resident evil 5 has the plus icon on it til you go in to it then it lists the price.

As for the new store, I like it somewhat but for some reason it feels empty, even though ot still has the same content? Idk, sure it'll grow on me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya the new store officially sucks ass in my book. Everything was really decently organized in the old store so you could see all the new sales, all the PS+ freebies and discounted games. Now you have to apply filters to get rid of random avatar sales popping up, etc.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you just need to go to:

Games > Hot on PS3 > Weekly Deals (named after this thread, obviously)
Games > PS+ > New Arrivals

I like that the cart's persistent between visits.

[quote name='rbanez']This store is messed up for especially for + people. The games i got for no pay in the past shows as "FREE" and not purchased, so i try to put it in my cart and then you can't check it out. So you have to look for it in a long a** DL list to re-dl the game you got.

There is a work around to re-dl those games back, but its a pain in the butt to do. EDIT: the dates on my DL list got messed up too, anybody who has this problem?[/QUOTE]

I have this problem as well. Main reason why I hate the new store. Fortunately on today's update Morgan addressed this and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I hate the store. I have to check this thread to find what is actually free/discounted/even available. I can't find anything on my own. For the money we all pay for PS+, there should be an obvious list of all the things I can download without having to jump through hoops.

Persona 3 was $5 for me, no issues.

And if anyone's curious, FES is definitely worth picking up even if you've played P3P. The battle system is a bit worse (P3P has Persona 4's battle system where you can control every party member, you can only control the MC in FES), but the entire presentation is much better and it has an epilogue after the main game that P3P lacks.

I just joined PS+ (motivated by last month's get $20 for spending $100 deal) and I got a newbie question.

It seems like they roll out free games (I know the catch) on a monthly basis, do these deals expire? As in, once the promotion is up and you haven't downloaded it, you're out of luck until next time?

I recently played persona 3 fes for the first time when it came out on psn and I fell in love with it. So much so that I bought the persona 4 anime and i have the limited edition of p4 golden preordered. Back to the point can anyone advise on if i should get persona 2 or 3 portable? I know I don't really want part 1.

[quote name='diishen']I just joined PS+ (motivated by last month's get $20 for spending $100 deal) and I got a newbie question.

It seems like they roll out free games (I know the catch) on a monthly basis, do these deals expire? As in, once the promotion is up and you haven't downloaded it, you're out of luck until next time?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if you don't purchase a free game while it's free for PS+, then you're SOL. Don't hesitate to grab them whether you're interested or not.

Whoa, Persona 3 for $5? I already have it for PS2 and PSP but I think it's worth having a digital copy at that price.

It's nice that Atlus has become a strong PS supporter very recently by offering KOF13 as a freebie and P3FES and Odin Sphere for $5. Almost makes up for rereleasing Persona games despite stating the contrary and having the first region-locked PS3 game. Now if they can market the Growlanser games better, we'd be square.

[quote name='johnoralex']I recently played persona 3 fes for the first time when it came out on psn and I fell in love with it. So much so that I bought the persona 4 anime and i have the limited edition of p4 golden preordered. Back to the point can anyone advise on if i should get persona 2 or 3 portable? I know I don't really want part 1.[/QUOTE]
Persona 2 is completely different than 3 or 4, so if you don't want to play 1, then 2 is more of that.

[quote name='johnoralex']I recently played persona 3 fes for the first time when it came out on psn and I fell in love with it. So much so that I bought the persona 4 anime and i have the limited edition of p4 golden preordered. Back to the point can anyone advise on if i should get persona 2 or 3 portable? I know I don't really want part 1.[/QUOTE]

P3P is definitely worth getting. Can play through the entire game as a female that has a bunch of new social links and the game uses P4's battle system.

P2 is also worth getting, but it's much different than P3 and P4. Check out some youtube videos of it.

[quote name='diishen']I just joined PS+ (motivated by last month's get $20 for spending $100 deal) and I got a newbie question.

It seems like they roll out free games (I know the catch) on a monthly basis, do these deals expire? As in, once the promotion is up and you haven't downloaded it, you're out of luck until next time?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, so if there's a free game for PS+ members, it's only up for a limited time (usually for two weeks, IIRC). I believe there's a category called "Last Chance" for PS+ content on the PS Store that you'll want to keep an eye on, so make sure you grab whatever free game is there before the next Store update. You just need to add the game to your Download List and it will be available for you to download during your subscription, even if the game stops being "free" later on in the Store.

Am i the only one having issues connecting to the store? I tried to connect and it said my connection was gone and then sends me back to the XMB, but I'm still signed in and it shows several of my friends online. Just no ability to connect to the store. Ugh!

[quote name='AoA']I hate the store. I have to check this thread to find what is actually free/discounted/even available. I can't find anything on my own. For the money we all pay for PS+, there should be an obvious list of all the things I can download without having to jump through hoops.[/QUOTE]

I'm not having any problems using the store when it comes to PS+. They're sub categories for everything when you go to the PS+ page (new arrivals, free games, discounts, expiring soon ect.) so its pretty simple for me to find the stuff I'm looking for and I'm not quite understanding why people are having difficulties. I seem to be in the minority here though. *shrug*

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes, if you don't purchase a free game while it's free for PS+, then you're SOL. Don't hesitate to grab them whether you're interested or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

I am also having trouble downloading RE5 Gold for free as a PS+ subscriber. The way I'm temporarily getting around that is by downloading it as a 1-hour free trial, and it should default to the full game when that first hour is up, assuming the kinks in the new storefront are all ironed out by that point.

So I'm a Plus member and I just downloaded RE5 Gold only to get an e-mail shortly afterwards telling me that I was charged full price. I immediately sent an e-mail to Sony asking for a refund, but this is annoying. The new interface is terrible, as well.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I am also having trouble downloading RE5 Gold for free as a PS+ subscriber. The way I'm temporarily getting around that is by downloading it as a 1-hour free trial, and it should default to the full game when that first hour is up, assuming the kinks in the new storefront are all ironed out by that point.[/QUOTE]

Sony via @PlayStation tweeted:

We're aware that some US Plus members aren't seeing Resident Evil 5 as part of Instant Game Collection, and we are working on a solution.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/265994496658010113

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back