PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just beat Persona 5 this week (My personal GOTY) and I now need recommendations on what I should play for the next couple of weeks until Shadow of War releases. Ive narrowed it down to 3 games..... Sleeping Dogs (Beat it on ps3 around launch but never played the dlc), Just Cause 3 (Never played a JC game before) and lastly Infamous: Second Son. I also have Horizon but there's no way I would be able to beat it in a month's time. Help me out my fellow CAG brethren.
How much time do you plan spending on playing the game in the next month? Because judging by that, I would say you can absolutely beat Horizon is that amount of time. That would be the first one I would recommend. Then Second Son, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause. Although I have a feeling most people would say Sleeping Dogs is better the Second Son. I believe I'm in the minority on that one.

Problem I had with Horizon was I went out and earned all the best gear early on, and then had nothing to work towards since there's no loot to speak of past that. I would just be using resources to kill robots just to get more resources to kill robots with etc.

Really my fault for not focusing more on the story in the early going.

Problem I had with Horizon was I went out and earned all the best gear early on, and then had nothing to work towards since there's no loot to speak of past that. I would just be using resources to kill robots just to get more resources to kill robots with etc.

It's impossible to get the best gear early on. You can't unlock it until you hit right near the end of the story.

Yeah it's not difficult to get overleveled or to max out gear fairly early if you're doing all the side stuff. But I really enjoyed the story and wanted to see what happened plot wise. So after a while I gave up on all the side stuff and just did the main story. Well worth the time to play through it.

For those in the Destiny 2 clan, that part of the game has finally opened up. Head to The Farm and Suraya has the Clan Banners for you to equip and track our progress in earning bonuses for everybody else.

I have been getting tons of messages from random people on psn. It is always something short and vague like hi or are you free or something like that. Is this happening to anyone else?
Omg thought it was just me lol. I'm not part of any communities and have gotten a few over the years coz they claim to have randomly seen me on PS Home with my avatar outfits or some other game I haven't played in years and one just last night from a random chick, 1st time in years. The chick said hi and immediately asked how old i am, weird! o_O i asked where she got my psn id from and thats rude asking another chick how old she is; she said she was bored and wanted to talk to new ppl so she found my psn id after a random search on the PS App. I asked her whats wrong with using her real psn id coz randoms always msg me with a lvl 1 acct with 0 trophies, so def not from PS Home even if that was how they got my name from lol. o_O Only other place I can think of where they can get our names from is places like psnprofiles or trophyleaders or whatever those trophy tracking sites are?

My psn id is made from a Latin phrase not made up of English words so not easily found from a simple search.

Then why would he say he had nothing to work for since he already had the best gear?
You're nitpicking over one outfit and four weapons from sidequests (not from normal machine hunting/gathering) as opposed to all of the shadow weapons and heavy outfits that I was clearly talking about.

All I was saying is that once you buy the top tier weapons and all the pouches you're left with nothing to spend resources on other than to replace the resources spent on ammo to take down enemies. So my recommendation is to work on the story and upgrade as you go along, not do what I did and grind out everything in the beginning.

I'll also add that I played Horizon immediately after Watch_Dogs 2 so I had burned myself out on open world games, especially since I found WD2 to be very average and a chore to grind out that plat on. Bad set of circumstances and gameplay habits all around.

I'll also add that I played Horizon immediately after Watch_Dogs 2 so I had burned myself out on open world games, especially since I found WD2 to be very average and a chore to grind out that plat on. Bad set of circumstances and gameplay habits all around.
I platinumed WhathDogs2 (loved the game) and next tried to platinum Horizon Zero Dawn, which some thophy glitched and prevented me for platinum, then started with Zelda BOTW and TCGR Wildlands and FC Primal. Tastes are tastes...

You're nitpicking over one outfit and four weapons from sidequests (not from normal machine hunting/gathering) as opposed to all of the shadow weapons and heavy outfits that I was clearly talking about.

All I was saying is that once you buy the top tier weapons and all the pouches you're left with nothing to spend resources on other than to replace the resources spent on ammo to take down enemies. So my recommendation is to work on the story and upgrade as you go along, not do what I did and grind out everything in the beginning.
Well no shit. That's what you should do with every game.

I got about 70% of the trophies on my first playthrough. You'll need 2 playthroughs for the Platinum, but it seems fairly doable aside from trying to summon the most powerful persona and defeating the twins. I finished at 124 hours played (I only put that much time into Pokemon games) and I loved every single second. I had never played a prior game in the series, but that didnt matter since as far as I know this one doesn't tie in with previous entries. The only, and I mean only gripe I had with the game was the last palace. It was the only part of the game that was tedious (Mementos is also but not as much as the last palace.) Never had i played a game where every piece of music was stuck in my head for weeks on end. As you can see I really really liked this game and highly reccomend it. At $60 your still getting a steal, but if you can wait im sure it'll go on sale again at Best Buy if not PSN.
I just finished Persona 5 today and going through the last palace the other night made me want to throw my controller. I'd be close to a save room and I'd get stuck in a battle where my whole team got spammed with brainwash and I had no control for three turns over and over until joker was killed. It was even a low level enemy. So many cheap shots near the end.

I just finished Persona 5 today and going through the last palace the other night made me want to throw my controller. I'd be close to a save room and I'd get stuck in a battle where my whole team got spammed with brainwash and I had no control for three turns over and over until joker was killed. It was even a low level enemy. So many cheap shots near the end.
When I beaten Persona 4 the first time it was because I got a Black Frost. I spent hours trying to beat the final true boss, having Black Frost helped A LOT.

Tip for NBA Prelude trophies: remember to select a jump shot and take a picture of those damn Jordan shoes when you can, otherwise you have to trick the game servers to let you play again.

https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/status/906292518240657408
Awesome news for me sitting here in my Venom t-shirt. :D

Tip for NBA Prelude trophies: remember to select a jump shot and take a picture of those damn Jordan shoes when you can, otherwise you have to trick the game servers to let you play again.
Thanks for the tips. Going to run through that here in a bit. The glacial pace of unlocking the trophies in Destiny 2 has me longing to hear that trophy popping sound.

In that NBA prelude there is a lot of BS you have to sit through before playing. Who wants to sit and watch fictional basketball players trash talk? Not me I just want to play the game and get trophies.

I hate to be that guy this time, but are there currently any deals anywhere for a year of PS+? I've checked the usual places and apparently mine expires tomorrow.

In that NBA prelude there is a lot of BS you have to sit through before playing. Who wants to sit and watch fictional basketball players trash talk? Not me I just want to play the game and get trophies.
There are cutscenes and such but I believe you can skip everything except the final tryout game and still get all the trophies. Here's a good guide to make sure you don't miss anything the first time through...

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/nba-2k18/315573-nba-2k18-prelude-roadmap-trophy-guide.html

I just beat Persona 5 this week (My personal GOTY) and I now need recommendations on what I should play for the next couple of weeks until Shadow of War releases. Ive narrowed it down to 3 games..... Sleeping Dogs (Beat it on ps3 around launch but never played the dlc), Just Cause 3 (Never played a JC game before) and lastly Infamous: Second Son. I also have Horizon but there's no way I would be able to beat it in a month's time. Help me out my fellow CAG brethren.
I got the Horizon plat around the 40 hour mark. Not sure what your schedule is like, but if you have the time, you should play it. It's much better than Infamous: Second Son.

got me a new ps4 pro... and so far any gamefly game makes the disc drive start and  stop until it says 'ps4 cannot continue usig application. Make sure disc isn't damaged of dirty'  Are ps4 pro drives pickier than regular ps4's?  All my personal games work, but it seems if it's slightly worn as a rental it won't.

got me a new ps4 pro... and so far any gamefly game makes the disc drive start and stop until it says 'ps4 cannot continue usig application. Make sure disc isn't damaged of dirty' Are ps4 pro drives pickier than regular ps4's? All my personal games work, but it seems if it's slightly worn as a rental it won't.
That sounds like a faulty drive. I would definitely return it for a replacement

got me a new ps4 pro... and so far any gamefly game makes the disc drive start and stop until it says 'ps4 cannot continue usig application. Make sure disc isn't damaged of dirty' Are ps4 pro drives pickier than regular ps4's? All my personal games work, but it seems if it's slightly worn as a rental it won't.
Could be your gamefly games have chips along the outer edge of the disc.

Been waiting for this. Him and Doom (though not likely) are all that I want.
Yeah, I'm wanting my four (Juggernaut, Venom, Doom, and Magneto). My favorite "heroes" lol.

Man, I miss City of Villains...(and Heroes).

Yeah I was about to say the same thing lol. Looked like early era PS+ stuff. Especially those genesis games, we got so many of those early on. 

Anyone lurking here likely can't redeem since it's for new accounts only. Luckily, I got to it quick enough.
Thanks, gogowendigo!

Can someone explain what I'm seeing on their website?
https://i.imgur.com/vuHZeLg.png
Nice! Glad you were able to get it. I'm just bustin that guys balls. That was very nice of him. One of the many reasons I love the community here.........for the most part anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back