PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up with the sudden privacy policy and eula change when logging in to the playstation app? What happened?

They actually did announce several months ago they would not support PS4 Pro but then changed that once the Xbox One X enhanced update was announced, if I recall.
It was when the Pro came out they stated they didn't have plans but when the X came out they decided to do it so everyone can experience it. They didn't want one or the other to have the better experience

Just a heads up. That monster jam battlegrounds game is a total waste of time. Horrible controls, horrible graphics, horrible game.
Eh, the one on PS4 is pretty darn janky too but it doesn't change the fact that I can let my 4 year old son play 5 minutes of it and it absolutely makes his week.

Does anyone use the parental controls on their kids PS4?  A co worker set this up earlier this year and everything was good.   Today his wife and son accused him of cutting off access to his games.  They are separated and the PS4 is at the wife's place.

He tried to get in but can't remember his password.  He will try later tonight.

Did something change with 5.0 firmware that might have caused this?  Or maybe the terms of service?  My coworker hasn't used his PS4 since the weekend.

Now I just need a good sale on Witcher 3 and I'll put this PS4 Pro to some use. I knew I was holding out playing it for some reason :p

Does anyone use the parental controls on their kids PS4? A co worker set this up earlier this year and everything was good. Today his wife and son accused him of cutting off access to his games. They are separated and the PS4 is at the wife's place.

He tried to get in but can't remember his password. He will try later tonight.

Did something change with 5.0 firmware that might have caused this? Or maybe the terms of service? My coworker hasn't used his PS4 since the weekend.
Um, yea? The main part of 5.0 is family features, with multiple adults/guardians and children. Did you not even look at the notes for 5.0?

Um, yea? The main part of 5.0 is family features, with multiple adults/guardians and children. Did you not even look at the notes for 5.0?
Just did between posts. Stupid they would change it so his sons console (which he has no access to) locks him out of games he could play before update. Hopefully he can fix it from his console. Was hoping for some more direction then the release notes.

I don't use the feature at all so am not familiar with it.

Just did between posts. Stupid they would change it so his sons console (which he has no access to) locks him out of games he could play before update. Hopefully he can fix it from his console. Was hoping for some more direction then the release notes.

I don't use the feature at all so am not familiar with it.
Well, I didn't use it, so I don't know the fix. I know that trying to set up a second adult account on the PS4 was impossible before 5.0. Cause I tried. It creates a sub account that could access nothing.

Does anyone use the parental controls on their kids PS4? A co worker set this up earlier this year and everything was good. Today his wife and son accused him of cutting off access to his games. They are separated and the PS4 is at the wife's place.

Did something change with 5.0 firmware that might have caused this? Or maybe the terms of service? My coworker hasn't used his PS4 since the weekend.
He'll have to reconfig the parent/child settings.

Hey Frisky, looks like they added some more deals since your update. I picked up Ginger and Dead Synchronicity myself...... [edit] Of course you were in the process of being on top of it haha

Some new deals for today:

:ps4: 8days - $2.49 - 75% Off - $1.49 - 85% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Anoxemia - $3.99 - 50% Off - $3.19 - 60% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Castles - $0.74 - 85% Off - $0.24 - 95% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Demon's Crystals - $2.49 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Heart & Slash - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Skyforge - Eli's Chosen Immortal Starter Pack - $7.19 - 10% Off - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps4: Skyforge - The Mechanoid War Pack - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps4: Skyforge - Season Pack August - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps4: Skyforge - Season Pack July - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps4: Skyforge - Season Pack June - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic Adventure - $2.39 - 40% Off - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic Adventure 2 - $4.49 - 40% Off - $3.74 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic CD - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic Generations - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic the Fighters - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic The Hedgehog - $2.39 - 40% Off - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - $2.39 - 40% Off - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I - $4.19 - 40% Off - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II - $5.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps3: Sonic Unleashed - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 10/10

:ps4: Vostok Inc - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 10/17

:ps4: Zenith - $6.79 - 66% Off - $4.79 - 76% Off - Ends 10/17

If Super Motherload when free w/PS+ taught me anything, it's that the stupidest sounding/looking game can be hours of fun...

Bought Castles for the price of a gumball.

519BP8Gt8-L._AC_SX215_.jpg

This is seriously a name and coverart only a mother could love...a super mother...

(Psst, the game is like Miner Dig Deep from the 360 days, but with optional 4-player digging)

eu gets better deals almost every week, gravity rush remastered $10 and the 2 kz sf dlc $6 total on the eu side of things, if you're itching for deals make a britain or other eu account. it's ridiculous. i cant get a solid answer on if dlc is region free though

If Super Motherload when free w/PS+ taught me anything, it's that the stupidest sounding/looking game can be hours of fun...

Bought Castles for the price of a gumball.
Well in defense of Castles it at least has a very nice art style haha. I should probably give Super Motherload a try someday, never bothered to even install it.

Anyhow, I think I will grab Castles and 8days. Both look pretty interesting to me and they are basically pocket change.

eu gets better deals almost every week, gravity rush remastered $10 and the 2 kz sf dlc $6 total on the eu side of things, if you're itching for deals make a britain or other eu account. it's ridiculous. i cant get a solid answer on if dlc is region free though
DLC has to match the region of the game.

Not sure if you figured this out, but I had this exact problem and it seemed to clear up automatically when I went online under my parent account and logged into the Sony account (I just went to the PlayStation store and logged in I think) and it made me accept the new terms and conditions. I guess that then unlocked everything for my kids' accounts automatically. Very dumb that this wouldn't be explained better by Sony.

Not sure if you figured this out, but I had this exact problem and it seemed to clear up automatically when I went online under my parent account and logged into the Sony account (I just went to the PlayStation store and logged in I think) and it made me accept the new terms and conditions. I guess that then unlocked everything for my kids' accounts automatically. Very dumb that this wouldn't be explained better by Sony.
My co-worker logged into his PS4 last night and installed 5.0. Then went into the parental settings and thinks he got it straightened out. His son never got back to him either way.

I agree totally stupid the way they did this. Should have kept the settings as close to what they were and let the parent tweak the new settings if needed. Not just lock it down completely. My co-worker barely plays his PS4 most of the time. His son however plays pretty much daily.

Does anyone know the rhyme or reason to why some titles are available for pre-order and others are not?  I was really hoping RDR2 would go up for pre-order before the Day 1 Digital deal ends on 11/7.

Does anyone know the rhyme or reason to why some titles are available for pre-order and others are not? I was really hoping RDR2 would go up for pre-order before the Day 1 Digital deal ends on 11/7.
Rockstar doesn't care about having it up now, but I'm sure it'll be up before whenever it's released.

Made a video celebrating Ico's 16th birthday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCVplqJY_Y

I also included a bonus video of the PS1 prototype they were working on before moving it to PS2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GWCfoQBiQ

I've never even played ico or dark cloud so am I missing out?
Both are amazing. Neither is perfect and both have obvious flaws but are really really good. I would argue that the sequels for both are better though.

Both are dated as a motherfucker so you missed and keep it that way. There’s no going back.
This 100%.

At the time they were incredible experiences and for those that played them at the time they have that nostalgia factor that can make it worth revisiting to some degree.

Trying to experience any game from that era for the VERY FIRST TIME in this day and age is totally pointless. The only people that will try to convince you otherwise are those that played it in all of its revolutionary-at-the-time glory and can't understand how terrible the experience would be for someone who never played them before.

I'm not saying there can't be an exception once in a while, but you're much better off saving your first times for the younger, hotter games.

This 100%.

At the time they were incredible experiences and for those that played them at the time they have that nostalgia factor that can make it worth revisiting to some degree.

Trying to experience any game from that era for the VERY FIRST TIME in this day and age is totally pointless. The only people that will try to convince you otherwise are those that played it in all of its revolutionary-at-the-time glory and can't understand how terrible the experience would be for someone who never played them before.

I'm not saying there can't be an exception once in a while, but you're much better off saving your first times for the younger, hotter games.
This, so much this. I could not finish Ico when I tried playing it for the first time a couple of years ago. Such bad controls and vague directions of what I am supposed to do.

They complain we get better deals on a regular basis. We've had a few dry weeks, they get the same sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back