PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so he can play FFXIV from his PSN ID without paying the $10 himself?

I assume FFXIV subs are per Squeenix account and not shared across PSN IDs. Is this correct?
Yeah, one SE account per PSN account. Have a full purchase FFXIV on my main and a trial account tied to an alt.

Warframe's next big update is taking it open world with a big area to explore, shop, and fight enemies during a day/night cycle. Gameplay demo from the big Warframe convention below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKYFVoK73A

Yeah, one SE account per PSN account. Have a full purchase FFXIV on my main and a trial account tied to an alt.
Thanks. So what does the full purchase get you if the trial is apparently free? The ability to play further than level 35 and sub for $15 a month?

I didn't realize FFXIV had a free trial so I just bought it for $10 thinking the purchase without subbing was the "trial" and you had to sub for more.

Is there any way to still enjoy the trial to level 35 and THEN add the 30 days of play time I just bought?

The whole thing is very confusing, to be honest.

Thanks. So what does the full purchase get you if the trial is apparently free? The ability to play further than level 35 and sub for $15 a month?

I didn't realize FFXIV had a free trial so I just bought it for $10 thinking the purchase without subbing was the "trial" and you had to sub for more.

Is there any way to still enjoy the trial to level 35 and THEN add the 30 days of play time I just bought?

The whole thing is very confusing, to be honest.
I'm not an active FFXIV player, so I don't know what it all means. Here's the list of the restrictions for the free trial:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&kid=70929

Mostly limits on class levels, gil wallet, chat/linkshell/free companies, and things like that that you probably won't need early on anyway.

You can't convert a licensed account that purchased the game to a free trial account, which is why I made a second SE account to do the free trial on an alt account. They haven't added a means of just switching over when your sub has lapsed like how WoW does it.

So apparently there's spammers on PSN. Got added to two groups by spammers as soon as I connected my PSN ID to the Pro.
Wow, that's fast. I never used to get any spam on PSN for over the past 10 years until I started playing Overwatch (which is the only online game I really play), and ever since then I'd start occasionally getting added to groups or private conversations with someone directing me to a site to get "free PSN cards." It got annoying enough that I had to change my settings so that people can't message me without being on my friends list. I was always under the assumption that there's just people who end up in random games with you online, take down your name and then start spamming you. Hmm... I wonder how you got them right off the bat.

I get spam constantly on my PS4. And since I generally don’t play MP or us it just for messaging people, it’s basically all I get.

That’s ironic because I DO play some MP on XBL and have more friends and....no spam at all.

Apparently MS must have a better handle on spammers.

I don't get any spam on PS4, and I'm in a lot of MP games.

I'm wondering though, i'd think it would be more likely that PSN IDs would be scrapped from other sites where you list your PSN name in your profile... do those of you getting spam generally put your PSN name in your profile on other sites [like this one, or facebook, or gamefaqs, or anywhere, really).

Scrapping from sites makes much more sense than someone seeing your name onilne and adding you.

I'm wondering though, i'd think it would be more likely that PSN IDs would be scrapped from other sites where you list your PSN name in your profile... do those of you getting spam generally put your PSN name in your profile on other sites [like this one, or facebook, or gamefaqs, or anywhere, really).

Scrapping from sites makes much more sense than someone seeing your name onilne and adding you.
Nope. Don’t put it in my profiles online.

I never get spam. The closest is people sending me PMs occasionally on PSN/XBL that watched a random YouTube video I made, but that's it.

I have mine attached to a few sites (True Trophies, PSN Trophies), but haven't seen anything from that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from some of the other trophy or PSN sites out there.

I'm such a cheapass I'm talking myself out of god or war and R&C for $12. They're kind of great deals at these prices huh?

I never got psn spam until I started playing Overwatch. I imagine the big long recently played with list makes spamming large amounts of people pretty easy.

The spam might be from when I was in the PlayStation at E3 chat thing (the one with the giveaways for doing "Quests")

But yeah, it's weird. I don't have my PSN ID (not even registered on TrueTrophies/PSTrophies yet) anywhere that I don't have my XBL Gamertag and I've never gotten spam on Xbox.

I am so ticked off. I usually get giftcards for birthdays or holidays and I usually just keep them aside until a sale like this pops up or something. Well tried to redeem my giftcard, scratched off the back and typed it in, ALREADY REDEEMED. Was redeemed less than a month ago. Someone brute forced my code. Immediate called Play Station support and there's nothing they could do. Was going to use it towards this sell since I purchased like 90 dollars worth of games so far. 

I am so ticked off. I usually get giftcards for birthdays or holidays and I usually just keep them aside until a sale like this pops up or something. Well tried to redeem my giftcard, scratched off the back and typed it in, ALREADY REDEEMED. Was redeemed less than a month ago. Someone brute forced my code. Immediate called Play Station support and there's nothing they could do. Was going to use it towards this sell since I purchased like 90 dollars worth of games so far.
Happened to me too on a PSN card I bought from GS. Fortunately it was only a $10 card. I contacted Sony CSR and provided them with a copy of the card and my receipt. They didn't do anything. I hoarded cards because I was scared of my account being hacked and having my credit blown away, but after this I try to use my cards ASAP to make sure they weren't used

I've never had that problem with PSN cards, but I've always felt that the codes are very short and could be hacked. XBL cards have much longer codes and seem to be safer.

I've never had that problem with PSN cards, but I've always felt that the codes are very short and could be hacked. XBL cards have much longer codes and seem to be safer.
There are so many possibilities with the psn cards that it is extremely unlikely. I believe the codes are 12 characters long and have 26 possible letters and 10 numbers that is 36 total characters. Now I am not sure if psn does it, but since o/0 and i/1 look alike and confuse people they may or may not have been used. So I am just going to say 30 characters for a lower bound. Now the total number of possible combos is 30^12 since any of the 12 character code could be any of the 30 characters, so it would be 30 * 30 * 30 * ... etc. So that becomes 531441000000000000 total possibilities which is a huge number.

I checked out PSNow after hearing that they're adding ps4 tittles and was kinda surprised at what they got on there for Ps3. Needless to say, I caved and bought a year subscription.  :fridge:

How much was the card for? I lost a $50 that way. I've only heard of this happening with PSN cards. I wonder how often it happens with other brands. PlayStation is popular worldwide - far less people will try to cheat Xbox or Runescape cards.

Why isn't anyone talking about Natural Doctrine? For $2.99 on PS3, it's a steal. It's cross-save between PS3, PS4, and Vita. I already have it on PS3 and am considering getting it on PS4 so I can Remote Play on Vita. Does anyone know how the DLC works? It's exclusive to PS4 and I don't want it to muck up my save. The game itself is like a more complicated version of Valkyria Chronicles or XCOM.

The spam might be from when I was in the PlayStation at E3 chat thing (the one with the giveaways for doing "Quests")

But yeah, it's weird. I don't have my PSN ID (not even registered on TrueTrophies/PSTrophies yet) anywhere that I don't have my XBL Gamertag and I've never gotten spam on Xbox.
I also did the E3 quest promo stuff and haven't seen anything. I'm going to guess that it's probably some unrelated hack of account info from some other big site that's being used to see if they have PSN accounts, then use fake accounts to spam those that meet both qualifications.

You can block PMs from non-friends if it's that bad.

I also did the E3 quest promo stuff and haven't seen anything. I'm going to guess that it's probably some unrelated hack of account info from some other big site that's being used to see if they have PSN accounts, then use fake accounts to spam those that meet both qualifications.

You can block PMs from non-friends if it's that bad.
I haven't gotten any spam until today. So there I am, tearing shit up in Nioh until I get a message from a spambot called Daliamystery..They could just be getting peoples psn names from this site...keep ya eyes open for Dalia :shock:

Anyone have experience with Super Stardust Ultra VR for the PS4?  It looks like a very different game than the PS3 version.  

Is it any good?  Does the VR version let you play good old fashioned non-VR as well?

Do I need to buy SSD-U separately or does the PSVR version have both the regular game and the VR version?

I want to buy something (other than Catlateral Damage) for my VR and I guess I could play SSD again.  I don't think I'd buy SSD again just for the upgraded PS4 graphics.

Thanks.

Why isn't anyone talking about Natural Doctrine? For $2.99 on PS3, it's a steal. It's cross-save between PS3, PS4, and Vita. I already have it on PS3 and am considering getting it on PS4 so I can Remote Play on Vita. Does anyone know how the DLC works? It's exclusive to PS4 and I don't want it to muck up my save. The game itself is like a more complicated version of Valkyria Chronicles or XCOM.
According to this Destructoid article, it's both cross-save and cross-play, but NOT cross-buy.

There are so many possibilities with the psn cards that it is extremely unlikely. I believe the codes are 12 characters long and have 26 possible letters and 10 numbers that is 36 total characters. Now I am not sure if psn does it, but since o/0 and i/1 look alike and confuse people they may or may not have been used. So I am just going to say 30 characters for a lower bound. Now the total number of possible combos is 30^12 since any of the 12 character code could be any of the 30 characters, so it would be 30 * 30 * 30 * ... etc. So that becomes 531441000000000000 total possibilities which is a huge number.
Yeah, I did that calculation around a year ago when someone thought they reused codes. There are so many possibilities, it's ridiculous.

it's also hard to brute force since it's extremely easy for Sony to notice if an account is trying too many invalid numbers and lock them down. heck, there was one time someone on this site gave away some code by hiding a single digit and getting people to guess, and ended up getting a lot of people locked out of using codes for a day or so.

So I don't think someone brute forced it... more like, they got dang lucky. That's really shitty either way. It's no surprise Sony doesn't do anything though, or else they'd be hit by massive fraud. You can't create a system where you just give someone a code, wait a year, try to redeem, and claim it was stolen for a refund. People would abuse the hell out of that.

I absolutely second this recommendation. It's a fantastic game that got marred by people who didn't give it enough time. If you like deep tactical games, it's easily worth taking a chance on this.

Does anyone know if it's got different trophy sets on different consoles? Maybe I'll rebuy.

Anyone have experience with Super Stardust Ultra VR for the PS4? It looks like a very different game than the PS3 version.

Is it any good? Does the VR version let you play good old fashioned non-VR as well?

Do I need to buy SSD-U separately or does the PSVR version have both the regular game and the VR version?

I want to buy something (other than Catlateral Damage) for my VR and I guess I could play SSD again. I don't think I'd buy SSD again just for the upgraded PS4 graphics.

Thanks.
Have you already bought Catlateral Damage? If you're getting it just for the VR, stay away, stay far, far away.

I loved the non-VR version, but it does not translate well into VR. They remove your ability to play with the Dualshock and make you play with the Move controllers, by swatting things with your arms (which will tire your arms out fast.) You can't free move, you can only teleport to location, which are often too far away from the objects that you're trying to swat... You will also get tangled up the PSVR cable like a real cat with a ball of yarn from trying to constantly turn and swat things. Not a good VR conversion at all. :(

I absolutely second this recommendation. It's a fantastic game that got marred by people who didn't give it enough time. If you like deep tactical games, it's easily worth taking a chance on this.

Does anyone know if it's got different trophy sets on different consoles? Maybe I'll rebuy.
There's a separate list for the Japanese versions but the trophies are shared across PS4, PS3 and Vita in both regions. Anyway, for anybody that doesn't know, there are grindy online trophies in the game and the online is dead so beware if you care about that sort of thing.

So apparently there's spammers on PSN. Got added to two groups by spammers as soon as I connected my PSN ID to the Pro.

Two questions for the more experienced PS4 users among you.

1) How come when I'm on my profile there's no blue dot thing and it won't let me change my online status?

2) In regards to FFXIV, if I buy the game on my account, can my brother also enjoy the game/free trial on his account if he's using my PS4? Or is the trial locked to only the original purchaser?

Thanks.
Since no one answered your first question, have you deactivated the old PS4 from your account and made the Pro your Master system?

Also speaking of spamming, my friend just got a PS4 and made a PSN account for the first time and turned on two step authentication. Ever since then she's been getting notifications on her phone letging her know someone is trying to log into her account from another playstation device. She got over 100 notifications just today. Anyone ever had that happen?

How much was the card for? I lost a $50 that way. I've only heard of this happening with PSN cards. I wonder how often it happens with other brands. PlayStation is popular worldwide - far less people will try to cheat Xbox or Runescape cards.
Honestly. It was only for $10 dollars. Like I told customer service, It's $10 dollars so I don't really care, but it's the principal that it even happened. If it was hacked, accidentally mistyped by another customer and it just so happened to be my code, or whatever, I'm not going to go out of my way to call customer service and lie over a $10 dollar code. Would have been nice if he would have credited my account $10. I was prepped to take a picture of my card and do whatever but didn't happen. Oh well.... Lesson learned in the future, always type in the code immediately.

Funny thing is, I had $200 worth of Amazon giftcards that I've been sitting on for like 6 months to a year. Decided to finally redeem them after waiting all this time and had the issue with my PS giftcard. Luckily all redeemed.

I have no idea what I should purchase with my Amazon credit. Any thoughts? I was thinking about upgrading to a PS4 Pro since I have VR and everything but.... I dunno. I do like video game art books and collectible strategy guide stuff like that. Guess I could grab up some of those...

So I don't think someone brute forced it... more like, they got dang lucky. That's really shitty either way. It's no surprise Sony doesn't do anything though, or else they'd be hit by massive fraud. You can't create a system where you just give someone a code, wait a year, try to redeem, and claim it was stolen for a refund. People would abuse the hell out of that.
The rep did tell me they had cases where the same code was reprinted just by chance. He said since he worked there he seen that happen once or twice. But yeah, maybe you're right. Brute force would require attempting to type in the code over and over and that would probably flag the account. It was probably just a dupe code by insane chance and I got smacked...

I definitely think I will pick up that white Destiny 2 Pro!

Thank you for posting that FriskyTanuki.

TheOpusFuller Prime Day starts tonight so you will hopefully find something to use your Amazon Credit on.

I sold my white Destiny PS4 for almost what I paid for it almost two years later to get a Pro. For CAGers interested I could see the Destiny 4 Pro holding the same value unless this time Sony is much quicker to releasing the color outside of the bundle. Looking back it seems like they've become much more conservative on color options than they used to be.

The rep did tell me they had cases where the same code was reprinted just by chance. He said since he worked there he seen that happen once or twice. But yeah, maybe you're right. Brute force would require attempting to type in the code over and over and that would probably flag the account. It was probably just a dupe code by insane chance and I got smacked...
That, or maybe someone garbled their code and chanced upon yours. It's all extremely unlikely, but even extremely unlikely things happen across hundreds of millions of people.

I wouldn't let this deter you too much. I often hold onto hundreds of dollars worth of codes [I buy bulk when there is a good discount] and have never had a problem. Heck, I had like 3 or 4 years of ps+ cards from the target pricing error. I have like 5 $20 and 2 $25 cards for PSN on my shelf right now [plus other sites]. I don't like redeeming early because I find I spend it easier if it's sitting in there, and I like to have that extra step of 'using up' a card to know I want to buy something. The risk is so low it doesn't really faze me.

I assume you typed your code in like 3 times to make sure you're not dyslexic, right? Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed off too if that happened to me. It would absolutely suck... I treat those cards like gold. Some people blow through space bucks like they're free, and I like to hoard them like they're better than cash for some reason.

cross-save question...

if a game is cross save, do you need to have both at the same time? for example, I have my natural doctrine vita save in the cloud. does that mean i need to download it to vita, then somehow transfer it to ps4? Or can the ps4 version grab the vita cloud version?

There's a separate list for the Japanese versions but the trophies are shared across PS4, PS3 and Vita in both regions. Anyway, for anybody that doesn't know, there are grindy online trophies in the game and the online is dead so beware if you care about that sort of thing.
Yeah, it's actually quite a shame. The MP version of Natural Doctrine is actually amazing. You unlock cards that represent various units from the game [every unit, from enemy grunts through playable characters through npcs through enemy bosses]. Each card has a couple different versions, and a point value. In an online match, you have X points to spend to create your team, so you might use 2 normal characters, an ogre, and an orc mage, while the other player spends most of his points on a boss and a low level healer.

Then, due to the way ND works, there's a -lot- of room for tactics. I've had some great matches... a single mistake can turn the tide. Back then you could actually find matches.

If you know someone else that loves the game [like I do], I think it'd be fun to play on a regular basis.

That said, you need enough wins [something like 100, though iirc you can also play some coop missions to get those] that I never got my plat. If you find someone to grind with, it can actually go pretty quickly [intentionally losing, then winning, then losing] but that's still like 200 games even if they go quick. I did like 20 that way before deciding I had better things to do [I probably only need 40 for my plat].

cross-save question...

if a game is cross save, do you need to have both at the same time? for example, I have my natural doctrine vita save in the cloud. does that mean i need to download it to vita, then somehow transfer it to ps4? Or can the ps4 version grab the vita cloud version?
It's all done in-game, as long as you upload it to the cloud.

I've never had issues either except with the Paypal digital gift cards hack.

If they had a real refund policy, like auto charge or purchase mistakes, I would load all my credit instantly.

Really want that white PS4 Pro but got one from Amazon Warehouse deals for $320 and already have Destiny 2 limited edition digitally pre-ordered. What should I do people? Help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To be clear,you hit "Upload Data to Server" in-game. Then when you want to play on the other system, you hit "Download Data from Server" in-game. Works like a charm and I wish every game that was multiplatform supported cross-save.

Really want that white PS4 Pro but got one from Amazon Warehouse deals for $320 and already have Destiny 2 limited edition digitally pre-ordered. What should I do people? Help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Buy the console. Sell the game and the season of pass. You get the White console and a real warranty.

How the Scam Works
The process of stealing the money off gift cards is fairly complex. A hacker takes the card off the rack, writes down the gift card's number, and scratches off the strip on the back of the card to get the security code. 

Once he has that information, he puts a replacement strip—easily available online—over the code and leaves the store.

any store that let someone pull a card off the rack find a way to get the code an put a new strip over the old an not notice a thing not even when scanning it deserve to be fired.

also for those buying the cards, i would check make sure no you have no issues, once at a wallmart i had a sony gift card saw it was pre scratched so i grab another. it cannot be that easy to do that to multiple cards an the risk for one card is not very big pay off  if it is that easy gift card makers need a new form of hiding the code even if it just adding plastic film over the cards.

in till then scammers, leaches an wannabe thief's enjoy what they can get for free an think it not a major crime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back