PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then that’s not cool on the part of those that run PSN. Why have a tag for PSVR games if it isn’t applied correctly for games that should fall under it?
I'm assuming it's up to the developers to choose their preferred platform tag when doing final submissions since they don't have the means to tag multiple platforms for a game (PSN, PSVR, PS4, VR App, Bundle, etc) due to these systems being from when it was just PS3, PSN, etc games early on with the webstore, so developers just choose whichever works best for them. What about games that existed before PSVR or aren't primarily a PSVR game or are a bundle of PSVR and non-PSVR versions of a game? You can see this from the PSVR Catalog or PSVR Anniversary sales pages. It's sort of the same reason why PSP and Vita games say "Playable on PS3 & PSP/Vita" on the Download List because it was originally made for PS1 Classics where that was true, but never changed it for when actual PSP and Vita games appeared that could only be downloaded to PS3 to transfer over to the corresponding platform.

I'm assuming it's up to the developers to choose their preferred platform tag when doing final submissions since they don't have the means to tag multiple platforms for a game (PSN, PSVR, PS4, VR App, Bundle, etc) due to these systems being from when it was just PS3, PSN, etc games early on with the webstore, so developers just choose whichever works best for them. What about games that existed before PSVR or aren't primarily a PSVR game or are a bundle of PSVR and non-PSVR versions of a game? You can see this from the PSVR Catalog or PSVR Anniversary sales pages. It's sort of the same reason why PSP and Vita games say "Playable on PS3 & PSP/Vita" on the Download List because it was originally made for PS1 Classics where that was true, but never changed it for when actual PSP and Vita games appeared that could only be downloaded to PS3 to transfer over to the corresponding platform.
But the difference is that in those other cases the games can be played on additional platforms (sometimes using the PS3, but they still theoretically can be played on them). In this case, it’s the opposite. They’re using a tag that makes it look like it can be played on a PS4 alone when it cannot be.

It’s confusing when there is a PSVR tag that can be used. Think Sony should use some sort of quality control to make developers use that tag to discourage incorrect purchases.

Thoughts on titan souls?it is as fun as it sounds like a souls game with titans.
No? It's not bad but was free a while back. From the two hours I put in it was a decent top down action game built around light puzzles and boss fights. In a top down 2D game the idea of "Titan" doesn't come through much though.

But the difference is that in those other cases the games can be played on additional platforms (sometimes using the PS3, but they still theoretically can be played on them). In this case, it’s the opposite. They’re using a tag that makes it look like it can be played on a PS4 alone when it cannot be.

It’s confusing when there is a PSVR tag that can be used. Think Sony should use some sort of quality control to make developers use that tag to discourage incorrect purchases.
I guess, but I wouldn't blindly buy a game just because it says PSVR or not on the game listing and I'd hope nobody else does that. I'd look at the actual game page for more information, which is usually where all of the relevant info is located. Plus, there's a whole section of the site for PSVR games to make it easier to see what all is there.

I think we agree on the notion that they should improve the site to properly tag games or whatever so that at first glance you can tell what platforms it is available for and maybe denote Cross Buy support, but we might differ on whether the current set-up is offensive/invalid or not.

I don't think so. I see a fire sale on these things in the relatively near future when Sony decides to drop VR and move on. I'm pretty shocked that they are releasing a revised version right now, but I assume it's just something they already had in the pipeline before the first version came out. This thing can't be making any money (or at least any amount they care about) or have any prospect of making any money any time soon.
They're actually selling pretty well for them, and the amount of games made for it and still in the works shows it's successful.

Thoughts on titan souls?it is as fun as it sounds like a souls game with titans.
I thought it was pretty great with a highly difficult but ultimately rewarding platinum trophy. It's not really a Souls game because you don't get any stronger and only fight bosses; a better description for it would be "a top-down Shadow of the Colossus with 1-hit deaths and less story".

I guess the misunderstanding is people were expecting PSVR to be this massive thing that replaces traditional gaming. To me it seems like Sony always knew it was a niche thing which is why they said they were surprised it sold as well as it did a while back. I don't really see it as a failure they are going to drop in the near future, it instead looks like a small project that will be grown over time. Whether it becomes super mainstream or not is irrelevant as long as they make money off it.

I remember Sony saying the same exact thing about the PS Move and 3D gaming...
Move and 3D are major parts of PSVR, so you just added to my point. PSVR is the ultimate end game for things like motion controls and 3D. I use my launch Move controllers all of the time with PSVR, so they were right while it had to wait a few years for the right tech to make the best use of it's capabilities.

3D gaming is more of a Nintendo thing since they made a platform exclusively about that feature, but it was never a separate platform on PS3 since it all depended on the TV, not the console.

I guess the misunderstanding is people were expecting PSVR to be this massive thing that replaces traditional gaming. To me it seems like Sony always knew it was a niche thing which is why they said they were surprised it sold as well as it did a while back. I don't really see it as a failure they are going to drop in the near future, it instead looks like a small project that will be grown over time. Whether it becomes super mainstream or not is irrelevant as long as they make money off it.
You’re right about continuing to make it as long as it’s making money. But don’t think it will ever be very mainstream unless the costs come way down and being a niche thing, I doubt it will come down very quickly if at all.

Consoles — despite being expensive — sell large quanties, thus helping the price come down over the long haul. Just don’t see the quantity of PSVR doing the same at this point.

I've been using the Gear VR on the Galaxy s7 plus and Galaxy 8 plus and the difference when i bought a PS VR a few weeks ago is crazy.

I was running around in Minecraft VR and it just felt flat. While it was 'cool" I wasn't sold on dropping a huge amount of money to upgrade my PC along with buying all the stuff I would need to enjoy VR on Steam i said "i'll try PSVR with Skyrim coming out"

While Skyrim is a month away I bought Batman VR, Dirt Rally, Star Trek .Star Wars VR and the game that sold me on PSVR was Farpoint with the Aim Controller. I think it's still another console generation away from mainstream because of costs but with Resident Evil 7 and stuff like Farpoint I could see it catching on. The social interaction of Star Trek of sitting in a room around a table waiting to play a multiplayer game was fun and a little odd.

You’re right about continuing to make it as long as it’s making money. But don’t think it will ever be very mainstream unless the costs come way down and being a niche thing, I doubt it will come down very quickly if at all.
Yeah absolutely. I am incredibly interested in VR myself but the current prices are too much for me, especially because I do not have the other items you need to make it work (move controllers/camera).

They're actually selling pretty well for them, and the amount of games made for it and still in the works shows it's successful.
I admittedly don't have any data, but the fact that Microsoft seems to be backing away from any implication of gaming for their own headset and seems to be avoiding VR for the most part tells me something. Also, the whole concept and setup is still just too niche for a large company like Sony to continue it long-term. This technology will likely continue to live on PC for several years before it could become anything close to a consumer electronics item that a large corporation wants to produce again. I hope I'm wrong because I don't like to see anything fail that people enjoy, but I'm guessing that PSVR isn't selling any better than the Vita, so once the initial round of development wears off and the newness wears off, Sony will start to sunset it like they're doing with the Vita. This is, of course, unless Sony has some great next gen version that is much more advanced, compact, and wireless that they are planning to introduce that might shake up the industry.

Yeah absolutely. I am incredibly interested in VR myself but the current prices are too much for me, especially because I do not have the other items you need to make it work (move controllers/camera).
I'm a total VR convert but VR at this stage is a luxury that only makes economic sense to the people generally interested in it as an idea and not as a finished product. It's analogous to me to people who get into 3D printing or even gourmet cooking.

I admittedly don't have any data, but the fact that Microsoft seems to be backing away from any implication of gaming for their own headset and seems to be avoiding VR for the most part tells me something. Also, the whole concept and setup is still just too niche for a large company like Sony to continue it long-term. This technology will likely continue to live on PC for several years before it could become anything close to a consumer electronics item that a large corporation wants to produce again. I hope I'm wrong because I don't like to see anything fail that people enjoy, but I'm guessing that PSVR isn't selling any better than the Vita, so once the initial round of development wears off and the newness wears off, Sony will start to sunset it like they're doing with the Vita. This is, of course, unless Sony has some great next gen version that is much more advanced, compact, and wireless that they are planning to introduce that might shake up the industry.
PSVR is not the Vita and they have nothing to do with each other, obviously. There are vastly different expectations and investments into each of them and as Sony has said a few times now, PSVR has done quite well for them. Whatever dumb thing Microsoft is doing has nothing to do with PSVR at all nor does the Vita. Nobody bought a Vita nor its games, compared to the PSP, but that's not the case for PSVR. PSVR is the best-selling of all the major VR headsets (PSVR, Vive, Rift) by a considerable margin and developers are lining up to release their games on the system with some of the biggest games still to come (Skyrim, Doom, The Inpatient, Bravo Team, Golem, Monster of the Deep: FFXV). You still haven't provided any facts or proof of anything that backs up your claims/predictions.

Consoles — despite being expensive — sell large quanties, thus helping the price come down over the long haul. Just don’t see the quantity of PSVR doing the same at this point.
Which is exactly what all of the major VR platform holders are understanding with this market. They all know that it's going to be niche for the first few years as the tech matures and can be made cheaper and better, so they wouldn't be anywhere near it if they weren't in it for the long haul.

By any chance, has anyone played the Holiday Hatoful Boyfriend game?

I wanted to get it for my sister if it was just like the first game.

I'm a total VR convert but VR at this stage is a luxury that only makes economic sense to the people generally interested in it as an idea and not as a finished product. It's analogous to me to people who get into 3D printing or even gourmet cooking.
Maybe. I'm pretty thrilled with the PSVR experiences I've had and am still having after a year. I haven't upgraded to a Pro because I haven't felt like that was worth the money, but PSVR is well worth the $300-$350 dollars it's been going for lately on sale. It's more fully featured and better supported than a knock off peripheral at this point.

Anyone own Serious Sam 3? All the reviews I'm coming across are for x360 or PC...was the PS3 version a bad port therefore nobody reviewed it o_O co-op with 16 ppl sounds interesting on paper...apparently local co-op was removed from the PS3 version?

I don't think so. I see a fire sale on these things in the relatively near future when Sony decides to drop VR and move on. I'm pretty shocked that they are releasing a revised version right now, but I assume it's just something they already had in the pipeline before the first version came out. This thing can't be making any money (or at least any amount they care about) or have any prospect of making any money any time soon.
They aren't leaving VR. While still in it's infancy, in 10 or 20 years VR will be mainstream. Everything from gaming to concerts to vacations to business meetings. It's worth bleeding some money to be in on the ground floor, and besides, it's doing surprisingingly well from what I hear.

They'll probably sell a pile when Ready Player One hits theaters.

Currently playing Hob and the frame rate issues are still very much present (playing on a ps4 pro). If you're on the fence right now, wait a little longer.

Currently playing Hob and the frame rate issues are still very much present (playing on a ps4 pro). If you're on the fence right now, wait a little longer.
That’s odd. I’m playing on a regular PS4 and the frame rate issues are pretty much gone from what I can tell. Probably my favorite indie game of the year. Highly recommend it.

There are probably two or three years left in this console generation. I'm guessing Sony and other publishers won't have a problem supporting PSVR for the rest of the PS4's life. I'm also guessing Sony will do a PSVR2 on the PS5, but however that goes I think this PSVR will be fine.

The games I'll most likely get from the PSVR sale are Fantastic Contraption, Rez Infinite, and maybe Mortal Blitz. I was thinking of Here They Lie and Don't Knock Twice, but some reviews I saw aren't favorable. I'm not buying anything until I see if there is a discount code this weekend, so I have time to look up these games and the others that are on sale.

anybody playing Amnesia collection?

i love horror games, i really liked Soma which was made by the same people

but about 2 hours into this game i think it's boring as hell and nothing about it is grabbing me, does it get better or scary?

but about 2 hours into this game i think it's boring as hell and nothing about it is grabbing me, does it get better or scary?
If you’re playing Machine for Pigs, it’s not by the same developers (made by devs of Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture). It had a pretty poor reception since Dark Descent was so beloved.

By any chance, has anyone played the Holiday Hatoful Boyfriend game?

I wanted to get it for my sister if it was just like the first game.
If she enjoyed the more light-hearted story paths of the first game, then it is more of that. It is not as serious as the final storyline in the first game. It is set in the middle of the time period of the first game during holiday break. So it is less of a sequel and more like a standalone expansion as it's a 4 episode story set on another timeline with no branching choices.

Thoughts on 8 days? Trailer is cool. Is it a blast to play?
I just played a bit of it and it's pretty fun but not what I was expecting really. It is slower and more tactical than I thought it would be. 3 hits and you're dead and there is no extra lives system, instead you get a checkpoint at each screen and have to make it to the next with what HP you have (and healing items are fairly uncommon so far.) Also the game uses a more realistic ammo system where reloading causes you to lose unused bullet in that mag, though ammo is everywhere it seems.

That's single player though, no clue how that stuff works when you are doing co-op. Only played like an hour but I had fun with it, will get back to it eventually.

Im getting the same impression as you thus far. You might be slightly further along though so I can't really help you out with what lies ahead.

Thoughts on 8 days? Trailer is cool. Is it a blast to play?
also one of the rare titles to allow you to choose frame rate on the pro. I opted for 60 fps for my playthrough
It's solid. I never actually finished it because I got sidetracked by some AAA game that released [I think Uncharted LL], but I remember really liking it. It's definitely on the hard side, but in a good way. Lots of branching paths as well - different areas have different exits [some secret, some not]. You don't really know how your decision affects things, so it's kind of like branching paths in oldschool games. If you watched the trailer and dug it, I'd recommend it.

When are all these Arcade Archives games going to go on sale? $8 each is just a bit too high, but if they knocked them down to around $5, I'd buy a bunch of them.

When are all these Arcade Archives games going to go on sale? $8 each is just a bit too high, but if they knocked them down to around $5, I'd buy a bunch of them.
I don't know why or how these Arcade Archives stay at $8, but let me tell you when they finally have a big sale on them I'm going broke gobbling them up along with you. There's so many I would buy for a few bucks each.

Wow, that sucks man! Have a GoFundMe or anything set up?
A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this is against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

https://www.gofundme.com/kalika-and-sean-fire-victim-fund

A good friend of ours recently started one for us. I feel a little weird posting it here (never been in a situation like his before). But I know how amazing this community can be, and my fiancé keeps telling me to post it. Just feels weird to ask for help like this. But here we go...
(Please let me know if this against the rules, and I will remove it immediately.)

https://www.gofundme.com/kalika-and-sean-fire-victim-fund
A cag with a real life face...weird.

For VR, the only people i have encountered that think it is gonna disappear have either never tried it or only played with google cardboard once or twice. Everyone I've encountered who has actually gotten to play a game on PSVR/Rift/Vive fell in love with it. Even people who were diehard against it fell in love with it.

As far as Microsoft goes, Hololens was not designed for gaming in the first place and costs a few grand, no way that'd be feasible for them to try and implement with games to begin with.

As for sales, it's selling way better than they had expected, which is why there were shortages for the first few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back