PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So.....Good idea? Bad idea?.......What are peoples thoughts on making a new sony rewards account with a new email address and psn id and banging out 10 easy plats that you already have (My name is mayo and whatnot). I don't want to get banned for $10

Long ago in this thread somebody said Divinity Original Sin was $8 on Black Friday last year. Can anyone confirm this? Also, what are the odds that happens again this year? Seems like that would be a hell of a deal since it's still over $30 everywhere, on disc. I'd prefer a physical copy for that same price if possible.
Yes it was. I bought it then. It was at Walmart.
It was also $8 at Target on BF, or $7.60 with Red Card.

The only other game iirc that was $8 at both Walmart & Target on BF was all editions of Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

I ended up buying both of them at Target along with $8 AC Unity LE coz I had a $5 off $25 Target coupon for a storewide purchase along with Red Card so I just added a pair of socks on clearance to put me over $25. Had to go to 3 Targets until I found a Gold edition of ACS tho lol.

Lol always love when I see this kind of statement. You’re relieved to get shitty games for the money you’re paying them?
Well obviously it's always nice to see the Far Cries, Metal Gears, and actual good indies of the world get the call once in a while, but free games are not why I ever signed up or continue to be a PS+ member.

It's a perk for sure but anyone that pays for it just for the games is setting themselves up for regular disappointment.

It's a perk for sure but anyone that pays for it just for the games is setting themselves up for regular disappointment.
Eh I disagree but it depends on how you game. I play a wide variety of games and also do not tend to buy anything at launch unless I absolutely want it. I've only bought about 6 games at release this year I think. PS+ fits in really well with that, there has yet to be a year where I did not get at least $60 worth of games I was going to buy at some point anyway during some sale. Even a weak month like November has Dungeon Punks which I've almost purchased a few times, now I don't have to bother.

Though all that said my favorite part about plus games is that there are many months where we get a game I've never heard of/had little interest in and it turns out that I absolutely love it. Most recent example is This War of Mine I think, game I normally would have just completely ignored but I got really into it to the point where I ended up getting the platinum.

If you like rhythm games and RPGs, highly recommend Metronomicon. I suck at it. But really cool nonetheless. Not to mention it has Shiny Toy Guns!

If you like rhythm games and RPGs, highly recommend Metronomicon. I suck at it. But really cool nonetheless. Not to mention it has Shiny Toy Guns!
I liked the demo but thought it was a tad hard to read while also trying to remember what level you mean to stop at. Still plan to grab it when it drops a bit more.

So for everyone who had asked about Hidden Agenda my friends and I did a full playthrough last night and I can say if you have a group to play it with, it is absolutely worth the $20 or $15.99 with gcu. That said Im not sure I'd say it's worth it if you're playing solo. It's basically an interactive movie. scene's play and a decision has to be made regarding what to do or what to say. It's got a law and order feel to it but it was fun. I played with 5 of my friends (the game supports up to 6 players) and the best part of the game was debating and arguing with friends regarding what decisions to make.

The game ran about 2 and a half or so hours. It was perfect instead of a movie night. We were all able to just sit around enjoy some drinks and play, with nice chapter breaks for refills and smoke breaks.

It really was an amazingly fun group experience and I hope they make more games in this kind of way. As a solo player it's still probably okay but without the arguing and discussions held as a group it's probably a totally different more movie like experience. Not sure that'd be for me but I'm sure some would like it.

Like I said though for $16 after gcu, the same price as a movie in the theaters, it was totally worth it for a much more entertaining night.
Would it be an okay game to play with just two people?

So how does the subject read for the e-mail newsletter that contains the 20% code?  I've been waiting for one of these forever and it appeared they haven't bothered to send me...again.  :(  And when does the code expire?

So how does the subject read for the e-mail newsletter that contains the 20% code? I've been waiting for one of these forever and it appeared they haven't bothered to send me...again. :( And when does the code expire?
"Your PSN name, see what's new this week" Expires 11/13

I just realized that my 11/3 "see what's new this week" email has a 10-character code in the middle of it, but it's not labeled in any way.  I tried to enter it as a discount code in the web store, but it said "code not valid on this platform".  Maybe it would work on the PS4 but I'm not home right now so I can't try it.

I just realized that my 11/3 "see what's new this week" email has a 10-character code in the middle of it, but it's not labeled in any way. I tried to enter it as a discount code in the web store, but it said "code not valid on this platform". Maybe it would work on the PS4 but I'm not home right now so I can't try it.
It should work on the PS4. For some reason, codes don’t work on the web store.

It should work on the PS4. For some reason, codes don’t work on the web store.
I’ll definitely try it when I get back, but since it’s unlabeled I don’t know when it expires. Anyone get one with an expiration date?

No idea why they would send a code this way, with no info at all. I never would have found it if not for CAG. You guys are awesome. [emoji106]

I’ll definitely try it when I get back, but since it’s unlabeled I don’t know when it expires. Anyone get one with an expiration date?

No idea why they would send a code this way, with no info at all. I never would have found it if not for CAG. You guys are awesome. [emoji106]
Mine says it expires on 11/13.

I picked up Hastune Miku Bundle + the Season Pass at discounts that are normally too low for me to pick up, because these games rarely freaking go on sale, and it's been years since I was addicted to rhythm games. 

I couldn't really get into Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but back in the day, when I was living and working in Korea, I would go apeshit at the arcades playing all the Konami Bemani games like Guitar Freaks, Beatmania, Para Para Paradise, and Pop 'n Music. It's odd, because I'm not a huge fan of jPop, but I feel like the music lends itself better to rhythm games than most of the catalog in the Rockband or Guitar Heroes games (and I even grew up loving Green Day, Aerosmith, etc). 

Anyhow, I have been loving Miku. It's not nearly as difficult or frantic as Beatmania II DX with its seven "keys", but it is still challenging on its higher settings. 

Havent kept up with thread.

Any input on HZD and The Surge for these prices (with 20% and PS+)
HDZ is a no-brainer if you like sci-fi adventure games at all. It’s one of the best games of this gen. The Surge is good too but if you were choosing between the two HDZ wins hands down.

So, is there a place I can find a Sale History for certain PSN games?
I am wondering if
Sorcery
Deadmund's Quest

Ys 8

Knack 2 will be on sale for BlackFriday..

The later two I suspect some sort of discount, the formor,.. no clue.. they are old.

So.....Good idea? Bad idea?.......What are peoples thoughts on making a new sony rewards account with a new email address and psn id and banging out 10 easy plats that you already have (My name is mayo and whatnot). I don't want to get banned for $10
Even if you found 10 games that only take an hour to 'bang out', you're making a whooping $1 an hour playing games you don't like. And since most would probably take several hours, we're talking dimes.

You'd be better off spending that time playing a game you enjoy.

So... terrible idea.

Add me to the list of people signed up for the newsletter who never get it.

I am wondering if
Sorcery
Deadmund's Quest

Ys 8

The later two I suspect some sort of discount, the formor,.. no clue.. they are old.
PSPrices.com

I'm sorta debating between Horizon Zero Dawn and Divinity Original Sin since I got lucky and got one of those discount codes. Still really into Fallout 4 and haven't even started the DLC though, so whatever I decide will just get backlogged for now anyway.

Do we think HZD will go any cheaper on PSN (or Amazon, those are the 2 places I primarily game shop) in the next month or 2 for the holidays? If not I may just get it now.

Your ad blocking extension on your browser is preventing the images around the code from loading. Try disabling it on that page and see if the images load.

I am wondering if
Sorcery
Deadmund's Quest
Ys 8

Don't lose hope. I was waiting for Soren: Blood Curse to go on sale for a long time but it finally happened on the Halloween sale. You never know what might happen.

Well obviously it's always nice to see the Far Cries, Metal Gears, and actual good indies of the world get the call once in a while, but free games are not why I ever signed up or continue to be a PS+ member.

We all have different things we value. I don’t value online play myself, to me that should be a free service, and anyone paying just to play online on a substandard online interface is setting themselves up for disappointment. But you obviously don’t mind and you receive value for it, so by all means, enjoy.

To me, I get a calalog of six games to enjoy for what equates to five bucks a month. That’s less than a dollar a game. That’s pretty good value, as I buy most games on PSN if they are a buck, and they are often way worse than most games offered in PSPlus.

I also take advantage of the additional discounts offered on most sale items by being a PSPlus member. So again, that is apart of the service that is for the games and I probably save an additional five to ten bucks a month from these discounts.

From the online store, the first link on the drop down menu under your user ID is your Account Menu, from there go to Notifications.
Theoretically that's how it should work, but that's not how it actually does. Mine is turned out and I haven't received any newsletters in years, and based on web searches, neither have a lot of other people who have them both checked. :(

Theoretically that's how it should work, but that's not how it actually does. Mine is turned out and I haven't received any newsletters in years, and based on web searches, neither have a lot of other people who have them both checked. :(
Yeah I mean multiple people in this thread said the same thing the other day (myself included.) There is something broke somewhere and it seems to be on Sony's end.

Do these 20% off codes work for pre-orders? I want to pre order monster hunter world anyway and 20% off would be fantastic!

Stocked up on 3x $10 PSN ($24) from PCGameSupply and was waiting for a sale on these two games.

Bought HZD and Divinity Original Sin, both for $26 after 20% coupon. Great sale.

Anyone else having issues with the playstation music trial/sub working?

I guess you might have to wait. I signed up for the trials and nothing happened on Sony Rewards yet.
I am having the same issue. At this moment I think Sony forgot the fact that they ended Playstation Music and instead integrated Spotify. So the 'trial' we can do at this moment is really Spotify trial and not counting towards the tracker for this 15% coupon. I hope they sort this out so we can get the rare 15% coupon.

I am having the same issue. At this moment I think Sony forgot the fact that they ended Playstation Music and instead integrated Spotify. So the 'trial' we can do at this moment is really Spotify trial and not counting towards the tracker for this 15% coupon. I hope they sort this out so we can get the rare 15% coupon.
Spotify is PlayStation Music. I got the trial and it worked for me. I got the green check mark and an email welcoming me to PlayStation Music a few days after I signed up.

Spotify is PlayStation Music. I got the trial and it worked for me. I got the green check mark and an email welcoming me to PlayStation Music a few days after I signed up.
Oh I see! Thank you very much for letting me know, I guess I will try again with a different email for Spotify.

I already got my 15% off discount code from Sony Rewards. The trials take about 2-3 days to show up on your account. After that, it takes about a day to get the code once they're all checked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back