PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like an ad for games/movies etc. look at all the paperwork, glossy 4-6 page folded brochure is what mine looked like.
Was kinda afraid someone would say this. I got a folded glossy ad for Plus/Now/Vue/Store and Spotify, but there is no code on it. Just suggestions of free trials. Either I got older (newer?) stock, or someone in the warehouse got me for my code. FML. :bomb:

You sure? Where is it printed? I (briefly) went through my 1TB Slim box I got this week from Best Buy and didnt see anything that looked like a % off offer.
I got a brand new Slim from BB also and I'm pretty sure there is no discount code.

I got a brand new Slim from BB also and I'm pretty sure there is no discount code.
It is in the cardboard foldout that says "THE BEST PLACE TO PLAY'

It's a small code and most people don't notice it.

If you got the system with the picture of a Call Of Duty WWII, Destiny 2 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy on the back it should be in the box.

Was kinda afraid someone would say this. I got a folded glossy ad for Plus/Now/Vue/Store and Spotify, but there is no code on it. Just suggestions of free trials. Either I got older (newer?) stock, or someone in the warehouse got me for my code. FML. :bomb:
It's part of the pamphlet, nobody could take it off unless they cut a hole in it.

It is also possible that Sony ditched the coupons. If multiple people just got brand new consoles and have looked exactly where the codes have always been and they aren't there, I'm going to guess that they aren't all complete idiots. I'm sure there are still plenty floating around on shelves that do, but this is probably a sign of things to come.

Yeah no harm in waiting it out, I am going to just in case. Especially because there is no way I am going to use my trial blazer on just 1 game.
I'm still waiting on that coupon...lol. I contacted Sony Rewards a few days and they said they would "look into the matter". Going to contact them again if I don't see something by Monday.

It is in the cardboard foldout that says "THE BEST PLACE TO PLAY'

It's a small code and most people don't notice it.

If you got the system with the picture of a Call Of Duty WWII, Destiny 2 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy on the back it should be in the box.
I didn’t even realize that it was in there! Thanks! I’ve been sitting on this code for months now.

It is also possible that Sony ditched the coupons. If multiple people just got brand new consoles and have looked exactly where the codes have always been and they aren't there, I'm going to guess that they aren't all complete idiots. I'm sure there are still plenty floating around on shelves that do, but this is probably a sign of things to come.
So a highly confident Sony is being anti consumer because they are selling PS4s like hot cakes? Hubris gets the best of most companies..

Remind me to get that Xbox One in the year 2018.

Seems unlikely, mine and the other people I know in person all got the codes in the pamphlets.

So a highly confident Sony is being anti consumer because they are selling PS4s like hot cakes? Hubris gets the best of most companies..

Who the fuck are you? I've never seen you post before yet in the last few days you've done nothing but whine. Go back to lurking.

The coupon is in the newest manufactured PS4 1TB box.

The big problem is the coupon doesn't look like a coupon, it looks exactly the same as the rest of the foldout. There is nothing that makes it stand out and then the code itself is pretty small. It's just so easy to miss seeing it.

The coupon is in the newest manufactured PS4 1TB box.

The big problem is the coupon doesn't look like a coupon, it looks exactly the same as the rest of the foldout. There is nothing that makes it stand out and then the code itself is pretty small. It's just so easy to miss seeing it.
Well for the record every system I've gotten has had one and I never found it to be overly difficult to find, but it had been about six months since I last upgraded so I thought maybe they finally changed up since they've never promoted it. But I guess it really was just a case of several people overlooking it.

I'm still waiting on that coupon...lol. I contacted Sony Rewards a few days and they said they would "look into the matter". Going to contact them again if I don't see something by Monday.
Yeah your post had me a bit worried as I always assume the worst will happen to me but I actually got the email with the code same day it was marked as complete on the website. Was surprisingly fast, faster than trophies seem to register on there.

Yet everyone else had new deals up friday, Sony must be the best company out there to force everyone to not work. And there is this new fangled technology out there that allows someone to schedule something ahead of time! I know, it's insane!

I'm not saying there will be one monday... Just saying it won't hurt to hold off until monday before you buy "just in case". I was sure there would be one Thursday because they have always had one.
I find it real odd that they did not have one this month. (no the early access does not count..) And if they decided to run the "flash sale" as a week long sale... instead of two separate sales like normal.. (normal weekly sale, plus flash sale on weekend) It's not the norm for Sony. Thus causing all the confusion.
Sony should have explained things a little better.
Yeah, it's odd but they really never said there will be a flash sale once a month and there going to be a flash sale on black friday. Through my belief the early access was it, but instead of it being a flash sale but an early/pre. I agree they should of had a part 2 of the BF on Friday as flash sale but can't see it being on the last friday of the month it kinda mess up next months.

Is this the second time you’ve been whining about Sony’s hubris? Order the Xbox now so you can go whine in their thread.

I love how smug people have been and continue to be about how there is going to be a flash sale.
i don't think anyone thinks there will be one on monday for sure... we're just open to the possibility.

the true smugness is coming from people insisting they knew there wouldn't be one and giving bs/false reasons why [ie, we already had one, people on vacation, etc]

can you still only use one external at a time on a ps4?

so going from a 5tb to and 8tb external I'll have to transfer games to internal then over to the new external as opposed to hooking both up and transferring like I could with a One?

Picked up a PS4 Pro on Thursday and it included the "Best Place to Play" foldout. On the leftmost outer panel is the 20%off ad with code in the lower right corner. I'm not sure what the shelflife of these are, but the expiration is set for 2/28/2018 and that gives me a little over 3 months to use it.

I'd be okay using it know on some games that are part of the BF sale. If I understand how the code stacks correctly, this would make a game that is currently 50% off 60% off.

Didn't get a flash sale but got some arguments brewing in the thread.  That's good enough for me.

Plus, let's be honest, we were all gonna be disappointed with whatever they actually gave us as a flash sale.

We'll complain it's not a 99 cent sale, that we have those games already, the discount isn't big enough, the games were already PS+ free offerings, this specific game wasn't included, we had these sales previously but at lower prices, the EU store got a better deal, there were too many indies, there weren't enough indies, there were no AAA titles listed, there were only AAA titles with small discounts, there were no Vita games included, we can only put ten items in our cart, we can only spend a max of 150 dollars, B&M stores had it for cheaper....

Know people were looking for deals on Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA for PS4. It’s $39.99 now at both GameStop and Amazon.

Well for the record every system I've gotten has had one and I never found it to be overly difficult to find, but it had been about six months since I last upgraded so I thought maybe they finally changed up since they've never promoted it. But I guess it really was just a case of several people overlooking it.
I dont doubt that you've always gotten it. I dont even doubt that it was able to be overlooked. That's why I asked exactly where it was so that I could look in the right place. But I simply dont have one. Here are scans of the "The Best Place to Play" glossy fold out I got with my slim (ordered Mon. 11/20 from Best Buy Online). If any can find the code, feel free to use it as it means the world wanted you to have it not me. :beer: (and the box too for reference)

https://imgur.com/BIO3MBC

https://imgur.com/WMY9a5h

https://imgur.com/q69PIEx

https://imgur.com/5DqF8hp

Great game, new content that’s lots of fun. Highly recommend.
I'd recommend it as well with the caveat of saying that I think it has some glaring game design issues, especially evident now that Comrades is out and has fixed many of those problems for the expansion (but they are still very much evident in the base game.) If you buy it my advice is to not touch any Comrades content until you finish the main game because it is hard to go back.

I dont doubt that you've always gotten it. I dont even doubt that it was able to be overlooked. That's why I asked exactly where it was so that I could look in the right place. But I simply dont have one. Here are scans of the "The Best Place to Play" glossy fold out I got with my slim (ordered Mon. 11/20 from Best Buy Online). If any can find the code, feel free to use it as it means the world wanted you to have it not me. :beer: (and the box too for reference)
This is the exact system I got from the same place around the same time. Same inserts and box. Same lack of code.

Didn't get a flash sale but got some arguments brewing in the thread. That's good enough for me.

Plus, let's be honest, we were all gonna be disappointed with whatever they actually gave us as a flash sale.

We'll complain it's not a 99 cent sale, that we have those games already, the discount isn't big enough, the games were already PS+ free offerings, this specific game wasn't included, we had these sales previously but at lower prices, the EU store got a better deal, there were too many indies, there weren't enough indies, there were no AAA titles listed, there were only AAA titles with small discounts, there were no Vita games included, we can only put ten items in our cart, we can only spend a max of 150 dollars, B&M stores had it for cheaper....
That's the truth. I've spent -far- less this year than previous years, but honestly, I don't think it has to do with quality of sales. It has to do with the fact that I've finally made my PS4 and Vita backlogs truly invincible.

And none of this 'oh my, I have 50 games in my backlog!'. Heck, i have like 300+ games in my vita backlog alone. Many of them 50+ hour rpgs. So I feel like I've been far better at resisting sale prices lately. Which is good, I guess?

Though as cags know, the real game is backlog building, not actually playing games.

Like, I just picked up Shadow of War, NFS, Wolfenstien, The Surge, Mafia 3, Sudden Strike 4, and Prey physical due to Black Friday. Do i really f'ing need any digital games? Nope. But I really hope Hitman goes on sale for $15 so I can buy it!

Oh, and which digital version of XCOM 2 should I buy? fuck me. Serious question by the way, I want to know which I should grab.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of SW Battlefront 2 dropping to $39 on sale before Xmas? Or did I miss that already?
Very likely in my opinion. I mean, recent games like Wolf 2 and Shadow of War were just $25. The only issue is there won't be a clear time for the sale [since BF is history], but i think if you keep your eyes open you'll see this pre-christmas.

Picked up a PS4 Pro on Thursday and it included the "Best Place to Play" foldout. On the leftmost outer panel is the 20%off ad with code in the lower right corner. I'm not sure what the shelflife of these are, but the expiration is set for 2/28/2018 and that gives me a little over 3 months to use it.
I'd be okay using it know on some games that are part of the BF sale. If I understand how the code stacks correctly, this would make a game that is currently 50% off 60% off.
Totally forgot about these coupons. I picked up a Pro in mid October, and I just checked the box again, and there was a 20% off coupon. Thanks for the heads up! I also got a $10 voucher in my notifications box a few days after I bought it.

I wish they'd send me a $10 voucher in my notifications. I've had my PS4 for about a year and a half or so and never gotten it. I feel so left out lol

Injustice 2 or return to arkham?

Been on the fence for both, I need input.

Did they patch arkham good enough vs waiting for complete edition of injustice.

That's my pickle.

That's my pickle.
I picked up Injustice. It is well worth this price, but I think a couple stores will have it for 16 tomorrow. It’ll eventually get a season pass sale so I’m not worried. Even so, it has plenty of content until then

That's my pickle.
for money you buy arkham because you're gonna need to buy a bunch of dlc down the road might as well get complete versions if in no hurry

unless you're ready to play now then injustice and deal with dlc later

for money you buy arkham because you're gonna need to buy a bunch of dlc down the road might as well get complete versions if in no hurry

unless you're ready to play now then injustice and deal with dlc later
Like everyone else got a backlog, but the new hotness always draws me in.

Prolly would start with arkham city, just couldn't find a lot of recent info on the performance.

And for injustice 2. Red hood, subzero,Raiden are they good? Only dlc I'd want. But I know nothing about the current fighting games. They just seem cool.

Thanks.

And none of this 'oh my, I have 50 games in my backlog!'. Heck, i have like 300+ games in my vita backlog alone. Many of them 50+ hour rpgs. So I feel like I've been far better at resisting sale prices lately. Which is good, I guess?
Yeah this is how I feel. My backlog isn't that crazy comparatively (only about 400 games total) but it's made it easier to just not buy things on sale unless I know I will play them within the next few months. Really the big thing for me is I've been burnt twice this year already with something I bought and tossed into the backlog appearing on plus or being significantly cheaper in a sale then what I paid for it. I want to avoid that as much as I can going forward.

Like everyone else got a backlog, but the new hotness always draws me in.

Prolly would start with arkham city, just couldn't find a lot of recent info on the performance.

And for injustice 2. Red hood, subzero,Raiden are they good? Only dlc I'd want. But I know nothing about the current fighting games. They just seem cool.

Thanks.
Personally I'd go with Arkham because Injustice 2 complete will eventually get much cheaper just like the previous one and MK XL did. Plus Return to Arkham has two great games for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back