PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The sale is called the 5 weeks of savings or something like that and we are only on week 3, so probably lots more deals.
5 weeks? God damn it, I thought it was 4.

I've needed a 20% off coupon for each cart full of sales. There's no way I'll survive another two weeks at this rate.

At the end of this sale, I'm not buying anything for a whole year.

So far I’ve only bought MGS Revengeance and Slain because I have incredible self control.
I'm getting better about it, while I have bought a lot this sale pretty much everything is shorter games I can blaze through while waiting for MH World. I've avoided all the longer games that I know 100% for sure I would not finish before then.

Some games do end their sale on 1/2.   I have a second cart half full, I know I need to pull the trigger on some of them.

Any that don't end on 1/2 get carried over, just in case of some future coupon/deal.

Speaking of which, anyone have any feedback on:

Unravel for $4

Volume for $5

Lost Sea for $3

If they were all $2, i'd throw down.   But at $12 total, it makes me hesitate, especially after how much i've already bought.

Sometimes I feel like I’m too much of a CAG. Or maybe not enough of a CAG. So far, all I’ve bought is Gravity Rush Remastered and i stewed on it for days. Finally decided to buy it as I have nothing to play. I have no backlog. I have nothing to play but was struggling to spend the 11.99. I read everyone’s comments and wonder what’s wrong with me.

Sometimes I feel like I’m too much of a CAG. Or maybe not enough of a CAG. So far, all I’ve bought is Gravity Rush Remastered and i stewed on it for days. Finally decided to buy it as I have nothing to play. I have no backlog. I have nothing to play but was struggling to spend the 11.99. I read everyone’s comments and wonder what’s wrong with me.
I'm going to need you to turn in your badge and controller.

I've been stewing about buying either Metro Redux or MLB The Show 17 for about a week now. But here I sit still debating.
Atmospheric shooter or RPG baseball sim? Either way you win in my opinion. I love The Show and I’ve only heard good things about Metro.

I'm new to the PS4 (have a few of the exclusives on disc) and dwindled down my list from 50+ to 2 full carts. Most of the ones eliminated were already in my Steam library (oops).

Armello Deluxe Bundle
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Game of the Year Edition
Enter the Gungeon
Infamous First Light
Iron Crypticle
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Life is Strange
Lords of the Fallen Complete Edition
Pyre
Transistor

Anyone have opinions or experience with Armello or Lords of the Fallen?

I'm new to the PS4 (have a few of the exclusives on disc) and dwindled down my list from 50+ to 2 full carts. Most of the ones eliminated were already in my Steam library (oops).

Armello Deluxe Bundle
Enter the Gungeon
Infamous First Light
Iron Crypticle
Life is Strange
Pyre
Transistor

I hated Lord of the Fallen felt really cheap and all the characters super lame.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not enough of a CAG. Definitely, definitely nowhere near enough.

Armello Deluxe Bundle
Enter the Gungeon
Infamous First Light
Iron Crypticle
Life is Strange
Pyre
Transistor

Lords of the Fallen was free with PS+ and I’ll be honest, it’s not bad it’s just so bland. There is nothing that sets it apart or makes it stand out. Like I said first, it’s not bad, just blah.

No. 1 sign a game will go to the backlog and probably never get played is if the price drops and it’s not an instant buy. If you have to think on it too hard, stay away.
Eh, not the case for me. It took me a good few days to mull over Gravity Rush to finally commit to buying it. Now I’m on chapter 9 and I bought it two days ago. I guess I’m just one of the odd ones on here that their OCD gets the best and I can’t have a backlog. I hate that feeling. You guys are impressive.

Eh, not the case for me. It took me a good few days to mull over Gravity Rush to finally commit to buying it. Now I’m on chapter 9 and I bought it two days ago. I guess I’m just one of the odd ones on here that their OCD gets the best and I can’t have a backlog. I hate that feeling. You guys are impressive.
I'm kinda the same way. Plus with limited budget to spend on games I have to make sure I debate over my purchases to make them count, basically.

Some games do end their sale on 1/2. I have a second cart half full, I know I need to pull the trigger on some of them.

Any that don't end on 1/2 get carried over, just in case of some future coupon/deal.

Speaking of which, anyone have any feedback on:

Unravel for $4

Volume for $5

Lost Sea for $3

If they were all $2, i'd throw down. But at $12 total, it makes me hesitate, especially after how much i've already bought.
I don't know about the other 2, but Unravel is incredible.

No. 1 sign a game will go to the backlog and probably never get played is if the price drops and it’s not an instant buy. If you have to think on it too hard, stay away.
I just don't buy games at launch unless I know they will only go up in price myself. Sure the majority of what I buy goes into the backlog but I will play it. Just a matter of when.

I'm kinda the same way. Plus with limited budget to spend on games I have to make sure I debate over my purchases to make them count, basically.
I try to budget my time better than my money. If I was more efficient (that and didn't pick the longest genre to play) I would be able to finish more than 11-15 games a year. But hey even if I don't finish them in 8 years which is my current estimation there's always retirement.

I try to budget my time better than my money. If I was more efficient (that and didn't pick the longest genre to play) I would be able to finish more than 11-15 games a year. But hey even if I don't finish them in 8 years which is my current estimation there's always retirement.
Lately I've been feeling the panic of onset mortality, so I've been buying games like there's no tomorrow. No regrets! (Up to a certain point.)

I've been purchasing a lot of budget titles that I've been on the fence about for years, taking advantage of each deep price cut. I'm thinking about prioritizing my games by length in 2018, just to wipe my backlog of all the stragglers, and I'll save all the time-consuming RPGs for the end. It's kind of a nice feeling to cross off a title from my list. Makes me feel like I accomplished something, even if it amounts to nothing in the grander scope of the universe.

I guess my midlife crisis is games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxJ7GKGFG0

I generally try to keep within a budget, while also making sure I'll get some good playtime or replayability from a game. Which is why sometimes I get so indecisive about my purchases.

I feel the same way. I'm getting to the point where I'd like every game to be around 20 hours to Plat just so I can feel like I got more done. South Park: The Fractured But Whole really hit the sweet spot for me at around 24 hours to Plat. I keep buying the RPGs that take triple that amount of time or more though.

Honestly some of the fun of gaming to me is getting deals and the actual purchase itself which is why my backlog is so huge. Could probably be classified as an addict but at least there are worse addictions out there.

Nah, fuck that, you’re doing it right.

As a kid, a game had to last me between the time I turned on the system to the time I turned it off. And I had to finish it within that allotment, otherwise I'd have to start over again from the beginning. :p

Yeah, my Colecovision was just basically arcade games. Baseball was probably the only game that lasted much longer than 10 minutes.

I tend to like longer games but it's not so much because of the length as much as I enjoy games that encourage getting better at them. Be that from repeated playthroughs, optional side modes, post-game content, or just simple repetition and failure (though like affa was talking about this morning not many games do that anymore which is why the Souls series is so welcomed.)

Games that just have really long stories I can't stomach unless the gameplay is super duper fun. Like I still haven't really touched my copy of Uncharted 4 that came with my PS4 cause I read the game is like 18-20 hours long and I just don't find Uncharted gameplay compelling enough for that kinda time right now. If it was like 5 hours though I'd knock that out one weekend np.

As a kid, a game had to last me between the time I turned on the system to the time I turned it off. And I had to finish it within that allotment, otherwise I'd have to start over again from the beginning. :p
Turn console on, play.

Bedtime/school, turn TV off.

Wake up/get home, Turn TV on, continue. :cool:

Grabbed both Gravity Rush games after gettinga a $20 card for xmas and randomly finding the 20% of code yesterday that came with my slim. Good thing too, expires tomorrow!

randomly finding the 20% of code yesterday that came with my slim.
The Slim came with a 20% off code? God damn it, stiffed again! Which version? I've got the Uncharted 4 bundle.

Currently digging up old documentation...

EDIT: Nope, nothing.

Nice write-up. I'm ashamed to say that I've played NONE of them, although I've now added at least three more titles to my "want" list (DAMN IT!). I'd add two more games if I ever got a Switch, but not sure if it's worth it just for those two.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll never have enough time to catch up on everything I want, unless the world ends or time stands still...

1*9mLkibMMDo2B559wqz86_g.gif

Relatively new the PS ecosystem. I just went digital with a couple games I had previously played on disc and discovered I had to redownload the entire game. Not a big deal, but when starting up MLB17 it appears like my saves didn’t carry over. In the manage game section it appears like maybe they’re in the cloud but I’m unsure how to sync the two. Any help would be appreciated!

My haul so far:

Final Fantasy XV Digital Premium Ed
Yakuza 0
South Park: Fractured but Whole

was about to get Rise of Tomb Raider, but decided to buy it in 2018 sale. Hopefully it will be down to $10 or below this year lol. Gonna get Yakuza Kiwami as well, but the discount was already over. Now hopefully for Week 4 sale, there will be Horizon Zero Dawn for cheap

Relatively new the PS ecosystem. I just went digital with a couple games I had previously played on disc and discovered I had to redownload the entire game. Not a big deal, but when starting up MLB17 it appears like my saves didn’t carry over. In the manage game section it appears like maybe they’re in the cloud but I’m unsure how to sync the two. Any help would be appreciated!
You have to go to system storage and download the cloud save to your PS4. It's not like Xbox that just automatically synchs. I think it's under System > Save Data or something like that.

You have to go to system storage and download the cloud save to your PS4. It's not like Xbox that just automatically synchs. I think it's under System > Save Data or something like that.
Don't even need to do that. Just push Options > Upload/Download Saved Data on the game whose save you want to download/upload.

Anybody's Sony Rewards not adding in December's holiday sales points yet? None of my points from my $135 purchase from the 22nd has posted yet. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back