PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
After coming to my senses I've decided to pass on buying anything from weeks 4 and 5 of the Holiday sale. I've already got plenty in my backlog to keep me busy for a while. With just my non-sports titles across my PlayStation and Xbox systems it's quite large. Chances are these same games will be on sale again at some point.
Dude, don’t leave me out here. I’m cold and alone.

I’ve got 10 items in my cart; if I’m vigilant, I can get it down to 7 “must-have” titles that I don’t want to wait another year for. And my curiosity is too strong to resist what treasures may lie in wait in next week’s epic finale sale. I’m already well-stocked on Ramen for the next six months, so I should be just fine.

*sobs*

Nothing for this week.

Good because I needed a break from spending.

Bad because I have the feeling something in Week 5 will make up for it.

The A.I. partner won't die on you in RE 6 so you don't really need somebody for that one. RE5 is another story if you plan to plan to beat the game on the hardest difficulty. I came to hate Sheva so much while trying to get 1000/1000 gamerscore on 360.
I just spammed the unlimited ammo rocket Launcher. The only level that gave me trouble was the in the Rails level with the big monster boss at the end.

Is this the cheapest The Witness has ever been? It sounds like a game I would really enjoy but I prefer physical over digital if possible.
Someone mentioned it was cheaper for PC in a Humble Bundle awhile back, but it seems to be the lowest for PS4 yet.

Also, I'm not seeing a physical release for this title. But look at this: Amazon has it on sale for $15.99. :roll:

They must think we're a bunch of assholes.

So I'm just going to put this out there:

Batman: Arkham VR for $11.99. Yea or nay?

I'm not going to lie; I've wanted to be Batman since I was like 7.

Someone mentioned it was cheaper for PC in a Humble Bundle awhile back, but it seems to be the lowest for PS4 yet.

Also, I'm not seeing a physical release for this title. But look at this: Amazon has it on sale for $15.99. :roll:

That's a bummer. I love supporting the humble bundle and my PC can run The Witness. Still, it's only $9.99 and so I'll probably get it.

So I'm just going to put this out there:

Batman: Arkham VR for $11.99. Yea or nay?

I'm not going to lie; I've wanted to be Batman since I was like 7.
It's not bad. Remember though that this is NOT a fighting or action game.. this is a detective simulator.

yes, you get to wear the suit, and yes you get to play with 3 bat tools. There is no action.

Fun? to a point yes.

edit: Forgot to say for the price I think it's worth it, as long as you know what you are getting into. (detective sim, not an action game)

Ok, Just searched for a spoiler free review.. found this.

I found a different one... but as he was talking, he was showing waaaaaay too much of the story lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGLkbBaLoJQ

I just found out Firewatch is only $7.99 with PS+!!  I have been wanting to play The Witness and Firewatch for awhile and at these prices, I think it's time to buy both.  Is firewatch also only a digital game?

I just found out Firewatch is only $7.99 with PS+!! I have been wanting to play The Witness and Firewatch for awhile and at these prices, I think it's time to buy both. Is firewatch also only a digital game?
I've got those two floating around my cart, too. I've heard good things about both so it feels like I should take advantage, even though they're not in priority list at the moment. (This is my dilemma.)

There was a limited release run, but I think it would be impossible to find by now, so let's just say it's digital only.

It's not bad. Remember though that this is NOT a fighting or action game.. this is a detective simulator.

yes, you get to wear the suit, and yes you get to play with 3 bat tools. There is no action.

Fun? to a point yes.

edit: Forgot to say for the price I think it's worth it, as long as you know what you are getting into. (detective sim, not an action game)

Ok, Just searched for a spoiler free review.. found this.

I found a different one... but as he was talking, he was showing waaaaaay too much of the story lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGLkbBaLoJQ
I feel like VR is still too primitive to do much with, so I wasn't expecting too much jumping around and fighting. It seems good enough for what it is, although I feel like I've seen physical copies on sale (before I had PSVR) for $9.99 in stores before. $11.99 does seem a little steep for all of its limitations, but it looks fun enough to try.

If both games are only digital, I have no other choice unless I hold out for a physical release which may never happen.  I have a friend that used to be a firefighter so he might like Firewatch and The Witness seems to be a game all different kinds of people would enjoy so I think having digital copies might be okay after all.

Firewatch is less about putting out fires and more about those guys who hang out in giant towers in the middle of parks and forests for long stretches of time, keeping an eye out to make sure that no forest fires break out.  Don't go in expecting to put out fires, it's more like a walking simulator, lots of exploration and narration, little action.

What's the problem? That's the non-PS+ price.

What's the problem? That's the non-PS+ price.
Ah, I didn't realize there was such a huge discrepancy with the PS+ price. Still, only reason someone would choose to buy it on Amazon over PSN is if they have a gift card or something. They're not fooling anyone.

Too bad I can't gift games like M$.  Can I buy Marvel Puzzle Quest if I've already bought it?  Like, will it give me a code and I can just give that game code to a friend so he can download the game?

I believe so, but I don't think there's a retail version of the game.
A product page for the Witness retail release showed up on Amazon Italy this week, so there might be one coming. Either way, anyone who's even a little interested should grab it at $10. What an amazing game!

Been thinking of getting Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6. I thinks it’s fair for $24 but I don’t have anyone to play with for 5 and 6 and I have a huge backlog.

I was also mulling over Gravity Rush 1 and 2 but feel like they may be too anime for me.

Thoughts?
I started playing Gravity Rush on Vita this week to see if I should pick up GR2, and I feel like such a dummy for not playing it as soon as I got it on PS+. Really cool game that isn't quite like anything else I've played. I don't think it's particularly anime, but it does have a "Japanese" feel to it. There's a demo of GR2. It's not super long, but it'll give you a feel for the gravity mechanics.

Some recommendations for the newest batch of sales:

:ps4: Assault Android Cactus - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.09 - 66% Off - Ends 1/16

• An excellent dual-stick shooter with a Dreamcast arcade-style to it that plays really well and has a lot of unlockables and extra modes to provide a lot of content for the price.
PSVR Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/9

• Good VR follow-up to the Arkham games that focuses on the detective parts of that gameplay to make for a good Batman adventure game.
PSVR  :ps4: Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• 3D platformer with a big focus on style and story where all of your moves are dance moves.
:ps4: Chime Sharp - $2.49 - 75% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Excellent follow-up to the original rhythm puzzle game that has some similarities to Lumines, but you place Tetris-style pieces on a board instead of dropping dual-colored squares onto a board. 
:ps4:  :vita: CounterSpy - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Stealth 2.5D Metroid-style game where you're a spy working between the lines of a potential nuclear war between the USSR and the US, so you must complete missions to lower the defcon. It also has a cool cover mechanic, where you can shoot enemies in 3D like a normal cover shooter.
:ps4: Diablo III: Eternal Collection - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

• The best of the loot RPGs out there with a considerable amount of content to last you a long time.
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Don’t Starve: Console Edition - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good survival/crafting with lots of weird stuff to it that sets it apart from most others.
:ps4:  :vita: Escape Plan Ultimate - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good puzzle game with a nice art style.
:ps4: Fat Princess Adventures - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Solid Diablo clone that is more family friendly and much cheaper.
:ps4: Firewatch - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

• Excellent narrative adventure game that received some additional trophies with the additional mode added in a big update a while ago.
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: flOw - $2.69 - 55% Off - $2.09 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Flower - $3.14 - 55% Off - $2.44 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• flOw is a good, simple motion-controlled game about consuming other microbial creatures to make your own more powerful to be able to take out the ultimate boss at the end. Flower is an excellent little adventure game with an eco-friendly story to it.
:ps4: Goat Simulator - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

• Silly physics sandbox game that is about breaking it as much as trying to complete specific objectives.
:ps4: KickBeat Special Edition - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Decent rhythm action game from Zen Studios with some good and questionable songs on the soundtrack.
:ps4: Machinarium - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Great adventure game in the vein of the classics, but with less of the BS to it.
:ps4: Mad Max - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

• Solid open world game from the Just Cause team with some good car combat and decent action to it.
:ps4: N++ - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• One of the best 2D platformers around with an absurd amount of content to it (4k+ levels) that has both new and old levels.
:ps4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - $29.99 - 50% Off - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9

• A great remaster of the original that runs well and looks great. Haven't played the others to know how they run compared to this.

PSVR Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

• Solid light gun shooter for VR that is great for the price.
:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Very good physics puzzle shooter with a great art style.
PSVR Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Great adventure game set after the events of the original with all of the humor and style you'd expect.
:ps4:  :ps3: Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good Portal-style puzzle game.
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Resogun - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• One of Housemarque's best games that is their love letter to Defender that has a lot of content to it after some big updates.
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes Ultimate Bundle - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Great rhythm platformer that is easy on the main levels and hard as hell in the challenge stages. Easy platinum if you can survive the challenge stages.
:ps4: Super Stardust Ultra - $5.84 - 55% Off - $4.54 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Another great Housemarque game that is a remaster of Super Stardust HD with a new mode added to it.
:ps4: The Surge: Complete Edition - $41.99 - 30% Off - $35.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

• Very good Dark Souls-style action RPG with some cool mechanics to it where you can target specific limbs to attack their weak points or gain crafting materials.
PSVR Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good adaptation of the Surgeon Sim game for VR that controls way better than the original, but also allows for more silly moments to make it a fun experience.
:ps4: Time Recoil - $8.39 - 40% Off - $6.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Decent dual-stick shooter from 10tons (Crimsonland, Neon Chrome) that has some cool sci-fi mechanics to it (slowed time, warp, and explosions from what I've seen so far). 
:ps4: Tom Clancy’s The Division - $19.99 - 60% Off - $14.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/9

:ps4: Tom Clancy’s The Division Gold Edition - $38.69 - 57% Off - $29.69 - 67% Off - Ends 1/9

• Good cover-based third-person shooter with a heavy dose of Diablo loot mechanics to it. They just released a huge update that adds a new area to the map for max level players along with some other good features.
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $3.19 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16

• Solid platformer that is about fonts and language.
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Unfinished Swan - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Very good adventure game from the team behind What Remains of Edith Finch, which has more of a children's storybook-style feel to its story and it has some cool twists on its basic shooting mechanic during each of its chapters.
:ps4: Watch Dogs 2 - $25.79 - 57% Off - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 1/9

:ps4: Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Edition - $32.19 - 54% Off - $25.19 - 64% Off - Ends 1/9

:ps4: Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition - $49.99 - 50% Off - $39.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9

• A very good open world game that has a much better protagonist, story, and mechanics to it than the original.
:ps4: The Witness - $15.99 - 60% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16

• One of the best puzzle games around that manages to take a simple approach to solving puzzles and twists that several times to provide many styles of puzzles for you to solve and different methods of figuring out those solutions. It was one of the most satisfying puzzle games I've ever beaten that consumed my thoughts until I was done with it.

Ah, I didn't realize there was such a huge discrepancy with the PS+ price. Still, only reason someone would choose to buy it on Amazon over PSN is if they have a gift card or something. They're not fooling anyone.
Sure, though I'm not sure why you're suggesting they're trying to be deceptive when they price match the non-PS+ prices for the codes they offer.

Too bad I can't gift games like M$. Can I buy Marvel Puzzle Quest if I've already bought it? Like, will it give me a code and I can just give that game code to a friend so he can download the game?
If it's available on Amazon, GameStop, or Best Buy pricematching the sale, you could buy a code for it there to send to them.

Some recommendations for the newest batch of sales:

PSVR Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/9

PSVR :ps4: Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Don’t Starve: Console Edition - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :vita: Escape Plan Ultimate - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Firewatch - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: flOw - $2.69 - 55% Off - $2.09 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Flower - $3.14 - 55% Off - $2.44 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: Machinarium - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

PSVR Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: The Unfinished Swan - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

:ps4: The Witness - $15.99 - 60% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16
These are all the ones on my list, which is making it hard to eliminate any. Stupidly, I neglected to add Bound a couple months ago when it was free on PS+ (before I got my VR headset), so now I'm hesitant to put down any cash for it.

Also, stupidly, I bought Unmechanical during the first week of sales, mistakenly thinking it was actually Machinarium.

I'm also interested in Among the Sleep, The Bunker, Don't Knock Twice, Late Shift, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Slender: The Arrival and White Day: A Labyrinth Named School.

The sad part is, I will probably end up buying all of the above...

Dude, don’t leave me out here. I’m cold and alone.

I’ve got 10 items in my cart; if I’m vigilant, I can get it down to 7 “must-have” titles that I don’t want to wait another year for. And my curiosity is too strong to resist what treasures may lie in wait in next week’s epic finale sale. I’m already well-stocked on Ramen for the next six months, so I should be just fine.

*sobs*
Dude, I hate to leave you in the wild all cold and alone. Some of the games on your "must-have" list in your cart might go lower in price in less than a year's time. Just depends on the title and how well it's been holding its value is my uneducated guess. Fact is I just picked up several games in physical copies and have yet to play them. If it wasn't for that I would gladly trade them in and get some PS Store credit. My PS4 only has 500GB drive in it so I have to play through games and delete them in order to play others in my backlog.

That and having a PS+ sub doesn't make it any easier. Chances are I'll download at least one PS4 game each month for the life of the sub. I gotta pick my battles and take it easy on the game buying for a while.

Life of a gamer/CAG *sigh*

So the answer is no.  Why are Nintendo and Sony behind on the game gift giving?  What is the downside to it?  Why does M$ allow you to but the other 2 don't?  Very strange that they would willingly turn down money like that.

Games you missed on PS+ are the safest buys you can make honestly.
Dude, I hate to leave you in the wild all cold and alone. Some of the games on your "must-have" list in your cart might go lower in price in less than a year's time. Just depends on the title and how well it's been holding its value is my uneducated guess. Fact is I just picked up several games in physical copies and have yet to play them. If it wasn't for that I would gladly trade them in and get some PS Store credit. My PS4 only has 500GB drive in it so I have to play through games and delete them in order to play others in my backlog.

That and having a PS+ sub doesn't make it any easier.
That's a good point, actually. I don't plan on renewing my PS+ once it lapses, so I might as well get all the savings out of it that I can. Honestly, with all the additional discounts I've gotten, it's probably already paid for itself. I know you were trying to talk me out of it, but it only strengthened my resolve to "go big or go home." Besides, the bigger the backlog (and I sympathize with only having a 500GB drive), the less likely I'll have to buy games in the future. Right? (At least in theory.)

We call this the "denial" stage of grief.

Besides, the bigger the backlog the less likely I'll have to buy games in the future. Right? (At least in theory.)
It's nice to have dreams.

Though to be honest without plus I imagine deals aren't as appealing. Majority of cuts are bigger with plus and some sales are plus only.

That's a good point, actually. I don't plan on renewing my PS+ once it lapses, so I might as well get all the savings out of it that I can. Honestly, with all the additional discounts I've gotten, it's probably already paid for itself. I know you were trying to talk me out of it, but it only strengthened my resolve to "go big or go home." Besides, the bigger the backlog (and I sympathize with only having a 500GB drive), the less likely I'll have to buy games in the future. Right? (At least in theory.)

We call this the "denial" stage of grief.

It's nice to have dreams.

Though to be honest without plus I imagine deals aren't as appealing. Majority of cuts are bigger with plus and some sales are plus only.
Truth be told, without a PS+ sub I wouldn't have bought nearly as many games as I have in the last few months. Driveclub usually averages $20+ for a physical copy. Since it's a PS+ exclusive game I was able to get it for $7.50 in digital format. I got in on some good prices on games I wanted before I had a sub. The savings are big deal now that I have it. Pair that with discount codes and it's easy to go overboard.

budarc, do what's best for you as far getting the games you want. I applaud you for striking while the iron is hot. Unless PS+ is on sale again by the time mine expires, I'll let it lapse and wait for a deal.

I just got Chrono Trigger and Adventures of Mana. I haven't played any of the Mana games. I heard so much about Secrets of Mana. I can't wait til the remake comes out. 

When it snowed yesterday here on the East Coast, I actually spent time trying games that I had previously purchased, and it was a liberating experience. I enjoyed Risk of Rain and Wand Wars which were two of the games that I bought during the current sale, but it was nice to take a moment and try some of the others that were already in my backlog because it meant that my money hadn't been wasted. I think the thing that we often forget is that most digital games will eventually go on sale again or drop even further months down the road. Unless a game is about to be delisted, there isn't a massive hurry to buy unless it's a wish list game.

What I decided to do with the current sale was to set a limit of $5-$6 as my price point because that was a price point that I could see as an investment and not a cost if the game didn't get played right away. That said, I'm still on the fence about BroForce and Swapquest as the last PS4 games that I might consider buying during this sale.

So the answer is no. Why are Nintendo and Sony behind on the game gift giving? What is the downside to it? Why does M$ allow you to but the other 2 don't? Very strange that they would willingly turn down money like that.
Yeah annoying because Nintendo allowed it on the Wii. Drives me nuts when things go backwards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I just got Chrono Trigger and Adventures of Mana. I haven't played any of the Mana games. I heard so much about Secrets of Mana. I can't wait til the remake comes out.
Everyone here seems pretty positive on Adventures of Mana, but I had a vastly different experience with it. It’s a straight up port from mobile. It’s not developed with consoles or handhelds (vita) in mind, and it shows. The controls are just bad. Movement feels off and combat is disjointed. IMO, it doesnt matter that it’s cheap. It’s not worth the price due to how poorly it’s ported.

Besides, the bigger the backlog, the less likely I'll have to buy games in the future. Right?
Buying games and amassing a backlog is a game in itself. It's an economy sim loot based collectathon.. and arguably more addicting the the loot itself.

Everyone here seems pretty positive on Adventures of Mana, but I had a vastly different experience with it. It’s a straight up port from mobile. It’s not developed with consoles or handhelds (vita) in mind, and it shows. The controls are just bad. Movement feels off and combat is disjointed. IMO, it doesnt matter that it’s cheap. It’s not worth the price due to how poorly it’s ported.
Well I got it now. I'll see how it is myself when I get to it. Right now, I'm working through some unfinished Vita backlog.

my sony reward points finally came in from the last flash sale a couple weeks ago

so you may all may have yours now too

took forever this time

Why is my font size always tiny?  This isn't a deals question but thought it was the best and fastest place to get an answer.  Son's friend just got his first playstation console, never had any console before.  He does not have PS+ and his parents did not buy him any additional games. Can he download and play things like the free Fortnite or Warframe without the PS+?  I've had PS+ forever so I don't know.   I feel bad for the kid.  At least he got UC4 bundled in.  Any other advise I can give him or he should be aware of?  Buying games will probably have to wait and his parents may be hesitant about putting a credit card on the machine.  appreciate it.

I have no nostalgia for the series and didn't like whichever game came to the GBA back in the day. Adventures of Mana also didn't do much for me either as a mediocre RPG that didn't do anything great nor anything terrible, but also didn't do anything unique that kept my interest for very long.

Buying games and amassing a backlog is a game in itself. It's an economy sim loot based collectathon.. and arguably more addicting the the loot itself.
But - but - that's crazy talk, right? I can't unlock enough loot boxes to win this game. :whistle2:(

That's why I'm deeming 2018 the "Year of the Backlog." My goal is to clear out all of my PS4 physical and digital media before amassing any more titles by the year's end (officially kicks off after Week 5 of the holiday sale)*. It's only the first Friday of the year and I'm already four deep. There's your game for you. ;)

*Fine print: Does not include previous backlogs from NES, SNES, PC or PlayStations 1-3. Offer void in Nebraska and Iowa.

Finished Momodora. I enjoyed it and recommend it to Metroidvania fans. The world is fun to explore, art style is appealing, and combat and movement are crisp. As reviews mention, the game is short. I finished the first playthrough with 100% map and collectibles in 5 hours. It has ng+ with increased difficulty, and you keep your map completion and items (minus a few key ones you will unlock again). With my backlog I'm not going to play again right now, but I wouldn't mind another playthrough in the future.

Odin Sphere for PS4 is a game that looks interesting to me.  But I'm wondering is it really worth the $24 ps plus price.  For those who've played the game, any thoughts on its worth?  Or is it worth waiting for it to go down in price?  It has seemed a bit resistant to price drops thus far.  It was $30 basically a year ago and it's dropped just $6 since then for digital sales.

I honestly pay for my PS+ with the extra discounts over the year.   $3 there, $5 here adds up -fast-.   I'm surprised anyone here lets their sub lapse, since if my sub was lapsed I wouldn't be buying from sales.

Heck, I just checked.  Only 6 games at $32 total in my cart, and it's like $11 in PS+ savings. 

Last week, with my huge purchase (over 120 in cart) I bet I saved triple that.      That, right there, paid for my entire year of ps+... so all free games, and all other discounts, are on top of that.  

Why would I ever let it lapse?

I honestly pay for my PS+ with the extra discounts over the year. $3 there, $5 here adds up -fast-. I'm surprised anyone here lets their sub lapse, since if my sub was lapsed I wouldn't be buying from sales.

Heck, I just checked. Only 6 games at $32 total in my cart, and it's like $11 in PS+ savings.

Last week, with my huge purchase (over 120 in cart) I bet I saved triple that. That, right there, paid for my entire year of ps+... so all free games, and all other discounts, are on top of that.

Why would I ever let it lapse?
If you hardly play online and don't want to add to the digital backlog (like me), it makes sense.

Odin Sphere for PS4 is a game that looks interesting to me. But I'm wondering is it really worth the $24 ps plus price. For those who've played the game, any thoughts on its worth? Or is it worth waiting for it to go down in price? It has seemed a bit resistant to price drops thus far. It was $30 basically a year ago and it's dropped just $6 since then for digital sales.
I think it strikes a great balance of hack'n'slash and strategy. And the amazing graphics and sound will make you feel like someone is massaging your eyes and ears. Imo it is worth the $24 asking price.

Odin Sphere for PS4 is a game that looks interesting to me. But I'm wondering is it really worth the $24 ps plus price. For those who've played the game, any thoughts on its worth? Or is it worth waiting for it to go down in price? It has seemed a bit resistant to price drops thus far. It was $30 basically a year ago and it's dropped just $6 since then for digital sales.
It does not deserve to still be that expensive as a sale price. It’s a great game, don’t get me wrong, but if a more expensive game to develop and higher profile game like Horizon has been sub-$20, Odin Sphere has no business still costing so much. It’s been out longer as well.

I seem to have finally received my Sony Rewards points from my purchases on 12/25 and 1/2, but it looks like they're only at 1X points per dollar, and I thought all holiday sale purchases were 3X. For those of you who have just had your holiday purchases show up, what rate did you receive the points?

It's still the best Mana game since Seiken 4, and loads better than Children of Mana.

I seem to have finally received my Sony Rewards points from my purchases on 12/25 and 1/2, but it looks like they're only at 1X points per dollar, and I thought all holiday sale purchases were 3X. For those of you who have just had your holiday purchases show up, what rate did you receive the points?
For me the points show up as different entries on the transaction list, but it only gave 2x and not 3x. Unless week 1 specifically was only 2x.

Not sure what's up with it tbh.

True. I guess I've been scared off from Seagate because I see people go on all the time about having problems or them failing. Obviously as with anything you'll hear both good and bad stuff so I'm sure plenty of people have never had a single issue with them. But of all the major manufacturers I see them mentioned negatively far more than anyone else.
I’ve had three HDs fail on me, all three western digital. Two were internal and one was external. I’ve owned one buffalo and multiple seagates and none of them have failed. Ymmv of course

It does not deserve to still be that expensive as a sale price. It’s a great game, don’t get me wrong, but if a more expensive game to develop and higher profile game like Horizon has been sub-$20, Odin Sphere has no business still costing so much. It’s been out longer as well.
That seems like a sort of odd criteria to me. I mean, you'd basically never buy anything that way (which would probably save me a ton of money).

I finally got my points for a purchase made on 12/25. Prior to that the last points I got was on 12/17 for purchases I made on 12/16.

It's likely only games that went on sale during the first week of the holiday sales are getting bonus points. Usually one of the sales each month gets bonus points from Sony Rewards. Each week of the Holiday Sale getting bonus points would be a lot of bonus points.

All the games I bought that went on sale during the first week did get me bonus points. Both for games that were on sale for only one week, and for games that were on sale for a few weeks. But a game I bought that went on sale during week 2 did not get bonus points.

I got 2x points. That's probably the rate for people who simply have Sony Rewards tied to their PSN account. I don't have a Sony or Playstation credit card. I'm guessing that's how you get a higher rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back