PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some weirdness going on with Pinball Arcade on the website store.

After purchasing the season 7 pass, all the tables for 7 that are released are available for free except for Paragon. That table gives me a choice between full price ($4.99) and Free. Typically when given a choice like that, the free version is a trial or demo. Are any of the tables actually available as a demo? If not, and I don't think so, why the choice?

Also three tables from season 6 are either free (Al's Garage) or I'm given a choice like Paragon ( Cactus Jack's & Sword's of Fury). Haven't bought these tables or season 6.

And also, two tables for PS3 from season 3 (Black Rose & Fish Tales) are giving me a choice between paid and free.

Anyone know what's going on here? If nothing else, maybe these tables are free to others as well.

I love Wild Guns Reloaded but FYI the local co-op is kinda broken.  You have to share lives (of which you only get 3 to start but can earn extra) and unlike in single player you can't continue.  It's worthless as a party game.

Single player rocks though.  I liked it enough to get all the trophies (there's no platinum unfortunately).

Some weirdness going on with Pinball Arcade on the website store.

After purchasing the season 7 pass, all the tables for 7 that are released are available for free except for Paragon. That table gives me a choice between full price ($4.99) and Free. Typically when given a choice like that, the free version is a trial or demo. Are any of the tables actually available as a demo? If not, and I don't think so, why the choice?

Also three tables from season 6 are either free (Al's Garage) or I'm given a choice like Paragon ( Cactus Jack's & Sword's of Fury). Haven't bought these tables or season 6.

And also, two tables for PS3 from season 3 (Black Rose & Fish Tales) are giving me a choice between paid and free.

Anyone know what's going on here? If nothing else, maybe these tables are free to others as well.
I found in cases like this, it's often an instance where the same item is available for both PS3 and PS4, but it's not cross-buy, so it's basically asking you if you want to buy the PS3 or PS4 version. Since you bought the pass, the PS4 version is showing up for free. That's my understanding, though, based on previous occurrences. I could be wrong. However, I too encountered the same thing as you, a few tracks were showing with a multi-selector where one was free and one was not.

For the record, they all show up in my download list as ten tables named DLC 59 through DLC 68 (plus their title; ie. "DLC 59: World Tour".) Which is weird to me because the Season 7 product page says we'd be getting 11 tables (62 through 72.)

Think maybe you misjudged the tone of my post. I'm not crying. I don't really care. I bought plenty and have far more to play than I can get to anyway. Just commenting on the stupidity of it. It's a terrible way to run a sale and makes very little sense. The nature of the sale encourages people to hold off, and then you give them nothing to hold out for. It means you're throwing money away. Means more money left in my pocket which at the end of the day isn't bad. My wife will certainly appreciate it.
My Profile > Edit My Profile > 'Ignore' Preferences > Add a new user to my list...

Think maybe you misjudged the tone of my post. I'm not crying. I don't really care. I bought plenty and have far more to play than I can get to anyway. Just commenting on the stupidity of it. It's a terrible way to run a sale and makes very little sense. The nature of the sale encourages people to hold off, and then you give them nothing to hold out for. It means you're throwing money away. Means more money left in my pocket which at the end of the day isn't bad. My wife will certainly appreciate it.
He is a troll, ignore him.

Can anyone sell me on those?

Goat Simulator DLC Bundle
If you like GoatSim, the DLC is a very good price. One DLC is usually 5 dollars, get 4 of them for 6 bucks.
Do you like throwing your money in the toilet?

Don’t do it. The novelty wears off immediately. Watch some LP’s to get it out of your system.
So...not saying I'm going to throw my money in the toilet or anything, but is there any real point to Goat Simulator? I mean, is there an actual story/single-player campaign in the main game or any of the DLCs, or is it all just random chaos?

How is Thimbleweed Park? I played Maniac Mansion on NES when I was 7 or 8, so do not remember much about it. I assume Thimbleweed Park is similiar to that.

I am about to use my 15% off coupon on Night in the Woods. I am not sure that game is ever going to go on sale.
I could have sworn it was on sale in December.
Nope. It had some sort of update in December, but it’s never been on sale on PS4 at least. Can’t say for sure on Steam.
I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger on Thimbleweed, though I may hold out for a possible discount code. I'm about 72 points short in my Sony Rewards balance to redeeming a $10 credit, which is annoying (I should have surpassed it twice over if it included all of my purchases). Also, I have a really bad feeling that TP is going to be free on PS+ sometime this year. And I'll have blown $12 by then before even playing it.

Volume is great if you were into the VR Missions for Metal Gear Solid, as it's a low stakes stealth game that focuses purely on the mechanics and the items it introduces throughout the campaign missions. They also have a user-created levels that you can play, though I haven't played any of them to know if they're any good. With PSVR, you get an extra set of exclusive levels for it and can play the campaign levels in its VR hologram presentation.
Thanks. Might pick it up, although it seems to go on sale fairly often.

I don't even see pinball arcade in the store. I had to navigate to a dlc table, and then get to the store page for the base game there.

What full tables are included in the base game (if any)?

One we launch it, we just download the season 7 tables from the free selection then?

Frisky, thanks for the recommendation for Resogun. What a steal for $3.00. I’ve been playing it since I plat’d Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday. Nice pallet cleanser after such a deep game. It’s like a mix of Defender, PAC Man Championship and Geometry Wars.

I found in cases like this, it's often an instance where the same item is available for both PS3 and PS4, but it's not cross-buy, so it's basically asking you if you want to buy the PS3 or PS4 version. Since you bought the pass, the PS4 version is showing up for free. That's my understanding, though, based on previous occurrences. I could be wrong. However, I too encountered the same thing as you, a few tracks were showing with a multi-selector where one was free and one was not.

For the record, they all show up in my download list as ten tables named DLC 59 through DLC 68 (plus their title; ie. "DLC 59: World Tour".) Which is weird to me because the Season 7 product page says we'd be getting 11 tables (62 through 72.)
Yeah, 59, 60, & 61 are the three season 6 tables I mentioned. And on second thought, I'll pass on those tables if it excludes me from eventually buying season 6. If you have already bought these, are you still able to purchase season 6?

DLC 69 and 70 (of season 7) aren't released yet (and DLC 68 contains two tables): https://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

how're you all even finding the tables? search doesn't bring them up. Pinball arcade's store page doesn't bring them up. I randomly grabbed two of them under recommended on a different product page.

how're you all even finding the tables? search doesn't bring them up. Pinball arcade's store page doesn't bring them up. I randomly grabbed two of them under recommended on a different product page.
Just load the base game up, click "Season 7" and it should unlock/download all the tables.

It's still worth it without mods I think, I put close to 70 hours into the game and never touched any mods or even the multiplayer. Can't really speak for the PS4 version since I also played on PC but yeah it's a dang incredible game. Never really played anything else like it honestly, other games have had similar mechanics here and there but nothing exactly like what it offers.

Honestly the only reason I stopped playing is because I conquered my entire game world except for a handful of locations and didn't feel like starting a new character lol.

Yeah I don't really consider KH in the same vein as stuff like Star Ocean or Tales. The party members in the first game are close to useless and in the second game and 3D they pretty much only exist to give you access to their limits and occasionally heal you. Not really like Tales/SO where you can literally sit back and watch your party win entire battles without you doing anything, and also choose who you play as.
Along with being able to control them via short cuts/another controller ect in tales ofs case. The sad part was in kh 2 you use them for the transformation modes but they lock them out at times like sephiroth boss battle.

Link on the main game, see all add-ons, and the tables are listed from newest.

Yeah, 59, 60, & 61 are the three season 6 tables I mentioned. And on second thought, I'll pass on those tables if it excludes me from eventually buying season 6. If you have already bought these, are you still able to purchase season 6?

DLC 69 and 70 (of season 7) aren't released yet (and DLC 68 contains two tables): https://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/
Season 6 is still showing up for me as purchasable, yep (in the sense that it has a price tag and doesn't say "Unavailable.")

I haven’t been able to sign into PlayStation.com for hours, I click on sign in site just reloads.
I’ve had that issue for a few weeks now. I found the work around is to click “create account”, then on that page say log in with your existing account. Log in and it will take you back to the store signed in.

I haven’t been able to sign into PlayStation.com for hours, I click on sign in site just reloads.
I’ve had that issue for a few weeks now. I found the work around is to say •create account”, then on that page say log in with your existing account. Log in and it will take you back to the store signed in.
If you delete your browser cookies for Sony websites it should take care of the problem. It sometimes happens after logging onto other Sony sites like that PlayStation Live/Experience site.

Not judging or anything, but do people really play pinball that much?
I don't play that often, but then I get into it for a bit... it's the one set of games [zen and pinball arcade] that I know I can -always- get back into.

Basically, I usually pick a new table, and learn it inside out. If you just play a table once or twice, you'll never really 'get' pinball. Pinball is about learning the table, understanding all the different bonuses and 'missions' you can do.

In my opinion, a -really- good table for both beginners and long time players is Medieval Madness on pinball arcade. It's easy enough to learn, easy to play 'long' turns that feel good, and has enough missions that are easy to learn that you won't get overwhelmed.

Once you 'get' a table, pinball just clicks. Then you learn a new table. And eventually, all [good] tables start to really click - -you appreciate both older tables with less things going on, as well as newer tables that really push the boundaries.

Zen Pinball is also fun, but far more arcadey. They don't really try to mimic what can be done on a real table, so they just are over the top.

He is a troll, ignore him.
Am I the only one sitting back here thinking ... um ... of course the last week is the worst ... that's literally how it always is always has been and always will be, I thought everyone understood this is how life works ... when it's several weeks past Christmas the sales are going to slow down a wee bit ... not really a surprise or somehow an example of a "terribly run sale" blah blah.

Am I the only one sitting back here thinking ... um ... of course the last week is the worst ... that's literally how it always is always has been and always will be, I thought everyone understood this is how life works ... when it's several weeks past Christmas the sales are going to slow down a wee bit ... not really a surprise or somehow an example of a "terribly run sale" blah blah.
They should have called it 4 Weeks of Holiday Sale and 1 Week of Bullshit.

I think a lot of us were bracing ourselves for the worst given how lucrative the past weeks were. It's not unreasonable to think they may have been saving the "best" for last, especially since these final sales only last a week. Now would have been the time to shine. But there's always next year.

Didn't realize Thimbleweed Park is from Ron Gilbert of Monkey Island fame so I'll definitely be picking that up. Also just made my third attempt to get my 15% off coupon from Sony Rewards for doing the trials. That website is such a mess. Pages load so slowly and I get a lot of "404 not found" errors as well.

So...not saying I'm going to throw my money in the toilet or anything, but is there any real point to Goat Simulator? I mean, is there an actual story/single-player campaign in the main game or any of the DLCs, or is it all just random chaos?
The point is really to explore the world (well, two areas in the main game) and find all of the hidden secrets (that often unlock extra characters/abilities), find the hidden goat trophies, and I guess find/do the things that give you psn trophies. Some of the other games have more direct goals (like MMO has direct missions you do for people, Waste of Space has certain activities and missions and the goal to find more money to unlock new sections of the game, and Goatz is sort of a zombie survival game where you have to eat and avoid dying to survive as many days as you can while exploring the world).

I actually love the game and wouldn't consider it money down the toilet at all. I had it on ps3 (and think I got the platinum on there), had all 5 games on my tablet, and just bought the pack of all 5 for ps4 during the holiday sale. It's really goofy sandbox fun you can sink a lot of time into, always finding new things or goals. Not only that, but it's also one of my young niece's and nephew's favorite games, and I've spent hours and hours playing it with them, too. A lot of people knock it or say they don't get the point, but it really is goofy fun and has things to do if you look.

I'm playing it right now and so far I'm enjoying it, it seems to have a decent science fiction story behind it despite the biblical title. Of course it's a walking simulator so don't expect any real gameplay, just an interactive story.
Oh yeah, it starts off pretty good and interesting. But then it just keeps going and going and going, and the slow movement speed becomes really painful toward the end. A the sound that the things make (can't remember if it's the radios or something else) started giving me a splitting headache. I'd say that they should have ended it sooner and increased the movement speed, but I kind of think going on too long and being too slow are what's good about it.

I'm definitely not saying it isn't interesting, or even that it isn't good, just that I hated it. It's a strange thing. People should play it.

you cannot control them in kh though and they are pretty awful.
Hence "light" you can tweak how they act in combat though, fiddling with Donald made it so i didn't have to use as much MP healing myself in big fights and Goofy can help deal with smaller enemies while you focus on bigger ones.

The base game of Pinball Arcade (with Tales of Arabian Nights) is free on PS4. All other tables are DLC. So, you can play season 7 with no other purchases.
At some point I bought the retail version of Pinball Arcade (naturally it's not opened yet). Does that include tables that aren't included the "base" game that's free?

At some point I bought the retail version of Pinball Arcade (naturally it's not opened yet). Does that include tables that aren't included the "base" game that's free?
The retail disc includes the free base game with Tales of Arabian Nights, the 3 other starter tables, and season 1 (my favorite season). There are 22 tables on the retail disc.

My point was you buy the games you want when they're at the price you like. Waiting to see what comes at the last week because you think it's going to be some ultra mega sale for whatever reason is stupid. Whining about it is worse.

Recent history proves that we have no idea when they will happen, although in the past they typically happened during the third or fourth weekend of the month.
I would add to this that with the 5 weeks of sales, it is highly unlikely they add another sale on the end of this. I'd bet next 2 weeks are very light on the sales with maybe a flash sale the last weekend of the month. But like you said, Sony hasn't been running on a schedule the last couple months so who knows.

So I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no", but figured I would ask since you folks are fairly knowledgeable.

I own Overcooked and the Festive Add on.  I would like to get the Lost Morsel add on as well.

The Lost Morsel add on is $5.  There's a bundle with everything for $6.79.  Is it possible to buy the bundle and gift the base game and Festive Add on to someone else and keep the Lost Morsel add on for myself?

Hesitated on buying Season 7 for Pinball Arcade, and now it's up to its normal price of $29.99. I saw it at the error price even this afternoon, but it wouldn't let me buy it - must've been fixing the price. Dang it.

I've missed the glitches that used to happen on a semi-regular basis.   Stuff like 'buy the cheap DLC and actually get the game!'.    So this Pinball error really made my month, even moreso than the sales of the past few weeks. 

did anyone else not get a recent receipt for a purchase?  I -always- get my receipts [no newsletters, though].... but I didn't get one yesterday for my purchase, which makes keeping track of stuff hard since I actually track that stuff.

x-morph defense

ruiner

metro redux

nuerovoider

lego city undercover

hellblade

mother russia bleeds

overcooked holiday edition

heroes of monkey tavern

earthlock

ronin

marvel puzzle quest

butcher

jydge

warhammer quest

Total, with coupon:    $103.93

NOTE:  My son absolutely LOVES Lego City Undercover.    We were struggling with some others, like Lego Marvel, that were really mission based.    Lego City has tons of cars and things to do, and is more open world like GTA or something.  Which basically means he never gets bored playing.     Worth every penny.

He also loves last month's PS+ game Kung Fu Panda.   It's a great little fighting game where the violence is more silly than anything else, and he can bop my character til his heart's content.

Oh yeah, it starts off pretty good and interesting. But then it just keeps going and going and going, and the slow movement speed becomes really painful toward the end. A the sound that the things make (can't remember if it's the radios or something else) started giving me a splitting headache. I'd say that they should have ended it sooner and increased the movement speed, but I kind of think going on too long and being too slow are what's good about it.

I'm definitely not saying it isn't interesting, or even that it isn't good, just that I hated it. It's a strange thing. People should play it.
(For those coming late, this is about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture)

I've finished the game now and I have to downgrade my rating to just "OK" because I thought the ending was weak. I also felt that one of the main characters was absolutely batsh*t insane, despite that the fact that I suspect they were meant to be sympathetic.

And yes, the slow walk speed is annoying, but the platinum is super-easy if you are willing to put up with it.

Hell has frozen over. I received a weekly email. No code, of course, but I had never even received the weekly email before.
Same here, dude. Never received a PSN weekly email before and I scoured it looking for any sort of code. No dice.

What's left to go on sale?
Surprisingly a lot. I keep a list of all the titles I want to own and there are quite a few that didn't make it to the sale. I bought at least 10 games per week, so I was personally hoping (dreading?) this week would be the same. I've only got three in my cart. And about 6 or 10 regrets from previous weeks that I passed up on in favor of "what's to come."

NOTE: My son absolutely LOVES Lego City Undercover. We were struggling with some others, like Lego Marvel, that were really mission based. Lego City has tons of cars and things to do, and is more open world like GTA or something. Which basically means he never gets bored playing. Worth every penny.
Huh? Lego Marvel was like 15 missions in an open world hub. Lego City Undercover was like 15 missions in an open world hub.

Huh? Lego Marvel was like 15 missions in an open world hub. Lego City Undercover was like 15 missions in an open world hub.
Avengers? I don't know. The one that starts with Sandman. Then Doc Oc. Everything is a mission, small rooms. The closest there is to an open world is the flying fortress, which is not big. If there is eventually a open world, it's too hard to get to for my son as the early missions [boss fights] aren't simple.

Meanwhile, the second you load into Lego City undercover you can just run around and do nothing [ie, jump in cars, smash stuff, etc] in a huge world.

mcd.jpg

Dafuck? You can order McDonald's on PSN now? I didn't see that on your list, Frisk.

Avengers? I don't know. The one that starts with Sandman. Then Doc Oc. Everything is a mission, small rooms. The closest there is to an open world is the flying fortress, which is not big. If there is eventually a open world, it's too hard to get to for my son as the early missions [boss fights] aren't simple.

Meanwhile, the second you load into Lego City undercover you can just run around and do nothing [ie, jump in cars, smash stuff, etc] in a huge world.
If you jump off of the flying fortress you land in the city below............

So I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "no", but figured I would ask since you folks are fairly knowledgeable.

I own Overcooked and the Festive Add on. I would like to get the Lost Morsel add on as well.

The Lost Morsel add on is $5. There's a bundle with everything for $6.79. Is it possible to buy the bundle and gift the base game and Festive Add on to someone else and keep the Lost Morsel add on for myself?
You cannot gift games to other people on PSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back