PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My top three is Persona 5, Escha and Logy and God Eater Resurrection. Im such a weeb.
I am with you there man, my top 3 were KH 1.5 + 2.5 (which seems unfair given it's 4 games but w/e), Persona 5, and FF15. FF15 is so high because I put almost as much time into Comrades as I did the main game. If not for that my number 3 would be Tales of Graces. God Eater Resurrection is probably after that too lol (put about 100 hours into it.)

And you land near a tiny park. You're stuck in this tiny park unless you do the Doc Oct mission. If you leave the park, everything is cordoned off and you can only cross the street to enter one building. This is not a short mission - it's multiple stages [inside and outside, with advanced moves required] and if you don't finish the entire thing, you start out back on the fortress.

I think you guys are misremembering, because in no way does Marvel start out open world. There are multiple, long, difficult [for younger ones] missions in the way.

Meawhile, again, Lego CIty undercover just starts you out in open world, like I said. The first mission in LCU is just 'go to the police station', which you can avoid doing for as long as you want.

Except you still aren't at the open world after beating the mission with Sandman and getting to the fortress [which isn't a short mission to begin with], as per above.

And this all started because I specifically said Undercover was great for little kids. Why are you being so damn condescending, especially when you're wrong? He doesn't care about the story if he can't get to it.
To be completely fair, those games are rated E 10+

I just got the email as well which is fun cause I love stats (and I figured I wouldn't get it given my Sony email woes lol.)
I love stats as well but unfortunately I didn't get the email. I did a trophy count for 2017 via PSNProfiles and found that I earned 2,498 trophies for the year which is almost 42% of my total trophies. My trophy addiction deepened so much in the past year that I all but ignored my PC and other consoles outside of Zelda. I don't think I even turned on my XBone in 2017. Anyway, I wonder what percentile I would be in since shadowysea07 earned 133 trophies and was in the top 10%....lol.

NEXT STOP: YOUR TIME ON THE ROAD Over the months, you played
2017EOYCampaign_ic-timer-white-24-px.png
4651 hours over 146 different games, while making the most progress in June with 695 hours of gameplay.
2017EOYCampaign_community-icon-2x.png
COMMUNITY STAT
2017EOYCampaign_landing-page-callout-2x2.png
Want to see how you compare to the rest of PlayStation gamers?
2017EOYCampaign_path.png
2017EOYCampaign_map-icon.png
NEXT STOP: YOUR FAVORITE PATHS Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017: 1 NEVERWINTER     2 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE     3 FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME  
916 hours  
605 hours  
286 hours
2017EOYCampaign_orange-path-top.png

if anyone beats me idk what to say

NEXT STOP: YOUR TIME ON THE ROAD Over the months, you played
4651 hours over 146 different games, while making the most progress in June with 695 hours of gameplay.
2017EOYCampaign_community-icon-2x.png
COMMUNITY STAT
2017EOYCampaign_landing-page-callout-2x2.png
Want to see how you compare to the rest of PlayStation gamers?
2017EOYCampaign_path.png
2017EOYCampaign_map-icon.png
NEXT STOP: YOUR FAVORITE PATHS Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017: 1 NEVERWINTER 2 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE 3 FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME
916 hours
605 hours
286 hours
2017EOYCampaign_orange-path-top.png

if anyone beats me idk what to say
Unless you’re working in a team, something must be off. There are only 720 hours in June. You can’t play games for 695 hours in a month.

Yeah a massive chunk (probably the majority I guess) of people with consoles are only buying like 1 or 2 games a year (if that) and just playing those online for insane amounts of time. If you look at the full recap page it shows the top 3 most played games this year being GTA5 (with 1.13 billion hours played), NBA2k17 (767 million hours), and Black Ops 3 (519 million hours.)

Takes a whole lot of people to get over 1 billion hours played in 1 year.
What's the link for the recap page for those of us that didn't get an email?

191 hours - I know I spent at least twice that looking at games to buy.

166 trophies, top 10%... Most of them in December, when I got the PSVR.

PS4, Xbox One S, Switch, PC. I bet PS4 is 3rd overall time wise this year..

Another year without Sony sending me ANY emails except for PS Store receipts. So weird, and so frustrating!
I get most Playstation emails, but I have not received the play stats one. It's no wonder they can't figure out how to let us change our PSN ID's. They can't figure out any of their online infrastructure.

Anyway, I wonder what percentile I would be in since shadowysea07 earned 133 trophies and was in the top 10%....lol.
Yeah that's a weird one because I earned 2068 trophies and it says I am also in the top 10%. Sounds like maybe the top 10% is as far in detail as they go.

What's the link for the recap page for those of us that didn't get an email?
Not sure if there is a general recap page, by full recap I meant my own personal one. In the email it gives you a link that takes you to a more detailed version of your own stats (which also happens to include some global stats alongside your personal stats.) Was mine.

Probably left the console running at all times
Yeah I wonder if this is the case because my play time is nearly 3000 hours but I absolutely have a habit of leaving games running in the background while I do other things. I literally just had Shadow of Mordor running in the background for almost 2 days despite the only thing I did on my PS4 in that time was use it for youtube (was sick so I was just laying in bed watching youtube the entire time.)

Not sure if there is a general recap page, by full recap I meant my own personal one. In the email it gives you a link that takes you to a more detailed version of your own stats (which also happens to include some global stats alongside your personal stats.) Was mine.
You got 45 Platinums in 2017?!?

Noob.

No wait, I meant to say Yikes!

I never got the e-mail either, so I tried looking up ways

There is no general wrap up link.  You can likely find it, but you need your "user=" ID (if you look in the url)

I thought it was my profile ID (which you can get by transferring game saves to an external and looking at the folder), but that's not it. 

It looks like some sort of hex-convert of your PSN gamertag.  maybe someone can get results from their livechat, as I have given up to bother

No wait, I meant to say Yikes!
Yeah I went really hard in 2017 because it was my first year back to more traditional gaming after spending like 3 years playing nothing but Diablo 3 (on PC), WoW, and some Guild Wars 2 (though not as much of this as the other 2 games.)

Bought and played a lot of cheap games I missed out on over the years.

So mine probably is nowhere close to you guys', and I'm pretty sure I didn't play 51 different games in 2017, but eh.

Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played OVERWATCH, and the first trophy you earned while playing was
Level 50.

Over the months, you played 1215 hours over 51 different games, while making the most progress in January with 176 hours of gameplay.

Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:

#1 OVERWATCH : 283 hours / #2 DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 : 171 hours / #3 LEGO WORLDS : 167 hours.

You like to get around scaling buildings, forging paths, and exploring new worlds. Your top genre is Action-Adventure.

Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of 565 trophies.

Bronze : 381 / Silver : 123 / Gold : 52 / Platinum : 9

March was your highest trophy-earning month with 130 trophies.

You also earned your very first platinum trophy in 2017: Collectomaniac while playing YOOKA-LAYLEE.

With PlayStation Plus, you don't journey alone. You also get free games each month. In 2017, you downloaded 1 free games and saved $209.68 in discounts.

You know that adventure is better with a friend by your side, or a foe in your sights. Your most-played online game was OVERWATCH.

I don’t know about the second game but Spear of Destiny is a straight dumpster fire. Do not play that.
I have watched video reviews of these games and they seem to hearken back to the Atari/NES days when just the worst garbage possible was somehow released :/

At least now we have YouTube and the internet to save us, nothing quite like getting burned on some complete piece of shit as a kid and then knowing you would have to play it anyway because those were the breaks

Is that "Classics PS4 Bundle" worth it? Seems to be a historical low. I liked Twisted Metal Black back in the day but never tried Kinetica or War of the Monsters. Thinking about grabbing that and Fat Princess Adventures

I finally got the 2017 recap email, but it's not as prolific as some of you freaks. I'll break down the deets.

596 total hours over 39 games (most progress: 159 hours in February)

Most played: Grand Theft Auto V (145), Batman: Arkham Knight (66), Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (34)

Most played online game: Star Wars Battlefront

My top genre is action-adventure. (No shit)

776 trophies (520 bronze, 182 silver, 63 gold, 11 platinum)

I took a big break from gaming during the summer to pursue other interests (I know...shame on me), so 2017 was far from my best year.

I just checked my Sony Rewards transactions, and I got 3x points on "Holiday Sale week 5" purchases. This is a new month, so it's possible the Week 5 sale is the sale that gets bonus points for the month. It doesn't necessarily mean each week of the sale was supposed to get bonus points.

But what is strange is the game I bought was on sale since December 12 when the Holiday sales first began. The Oasis Games Shooter VR bundle. If I had bought it two weeks ago I doubt it would have got bonus for being a Week 5 game. So maybe any Holiday sale purchased this week will get Week 5 bonus points; so long as it is still on sale.
I got 3x bonus on week 4 purchases, and I bought things in weeks two and three as well, I believe. I'm not sure what triggers something to actually get the 3x bonus. I emailed them, and the only response I got was "we need to escalate and look into this further." Not really expecting much.

I received the recap email. 

Your path began on October 1, 2017 playing INFAMOUS SECOND SON with your first trophy "Sacrifice". O__o... You have played 246 hours over 9 games.

113 hours spent in Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection (holy crap, that's almost half my play time)

54 hours spent in Uncharted Thief's End (Stupid crushing mode... *shudder*)

34 hours spent in INFAMOUS SECOND SON

You have earned 274 trophies putting you in the top 10%. (what??)

Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played BLOODBORNE, and the first trophy you earned while playing was
2017EOYCampaign_trophy-icon_2-2x.png

Amygdala.

Said my first platinum was Tekken 7, when it was my fourth.

Does anyone know what happens if you buy a bundle that includes a game that you got free via PS+? Does that game stop being a PS+ free game and turn into a regularly purchased game?

Can’t sign in because cookies no longer work and the 2 factor texts aren’t going through maybe I’m not meant to buy Overcooked.

Yeah something is weird about that, it said my first was from Until Dawn even though that was the very last plat I got in 2017 (on 12/30 no less, almost the last day of the entire year.)
Same. Said my first plat was Life is Strange: Before the Storm, when it obviously had to be last. (Unless it meant the first of 2018, which is still off.)

Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played OVERWATCH, and the first trophy you earned while playing was Decorated.

NEXT STOP: YOUR TIME ON THE ROAD Over the months, you played 520 hours over 89 different games, while making the most progress in May with 89 hours of gameplay.

NEXT STOP: YOUR FAVORITE PATHS Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:
1 ASSASSINS CREED UNITY 89 hours
2 HORIZON ZERO DAWN 73 hours
3 DESTINY 58 hours

NEXT STOP: WAYPOINTS ON YOUR JOURNEY Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of 327 trophies (Psst, that puts you in the top 10% off all trophy earners! Way to go!) May was your highest trophy-earning month with 68 trophies.

I know i spent a little over 80 hours in HZD going by the game's tracker. I have no clue how i have that many hours into AC Unity unless i left it on in the background for a long time.

And i definitely didn't play 89 different games, however i think just booting a game up counts as "playing" it so that would make sense.

And i definitely didn't play 89 different games, however i think just booting a game up counts as "playing" it so that would make sense.
Yeah, mine was at 148 games over the year so it's just counting booting it up. I actually thought that number was insane at first but I counted through my trophy list and it lines up pretty well when I take into account the various PS1/PS2 classics I booted up (that don't have trophies obviously.)

Yeah that's a weird one because I earned 2068 trophies and it says I am also in the top 10%. Sounds like maybe the top 10% is as far in detail as they go.

Some things I found interesting while looking through your recap...

1. Only 4% of Playstation gamers have earned a Platinum trophy. I'm kind of surprised it's that low.

2. July was the most active month for Playstation gamers with 1.13 billion hours played. Yes publishers, gamers play games year-round so how about scheduling more AAA releases during the summer instead of cramming nearly everything into the last few months of the year?

Some things I found interesting while looking through your recap...

1. Only 4% of Playstation gamers have earned a Platinum trophy. I'm kind of surprised it's that low.

2. July was the most active month for Playstation gamers with 1.13 billion hours played. Yes publishers, gamers play games year-round so how about scheduling more AAA releases during the summer instead of cramming nearly everything into the last few months of the year?
From my experience selling games and consoles to people, i doubt many even know what trophies are.

I played 136 hours over 11 games.  Half of that time (68 hours) was with Horizon Zero Dawn.  I earned 140 trophies, downloaded 74 free games, and saved $38 with PS+.

You know, for those of you who got the stats email (which I surprisingly did but never anything else), it tells you how much you saved.

I guess I saved like 70 or something, so the PS+ membership is worth it for the savings.

However, in reality, if I didn't have PS+, I probably wouldn't have bought games just because they were on sale.

I mean, I bought I Am Bread.  I would have been fine missing out on that.  

I have to imagine that's a similar sentiment of CAGs who collect more games than they could ever play.  PS+ just makes you spend more money than you normally would because SALES.

I mean, I bought I Am Bread. I would have been fine missing out on that.

I have to imagine that's a similar sentiment of CAGs who collect more games than they could ever play. PS+ just makes you spend more money than you normally would because SALES.
Yeah, sadly. And I expect Sony to collect data on which Holiday sale games ranked the most popular, and then offer those same games as free PS+ titles in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back