PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like they've done a better job with the tutorial aspects of World too, or well how information is displayed at least which goes a long way with some of the more confusing aspects of the game. There are a lot of good UI changes that make it easier to understand systems in the game that normally you'd have to look up elsewhere online. The monster research is probably the absolute best example of this, being able to open a menu and see detailed information about each body part on a monster and how resistant that body part is to each type of damage is incredible (on top of it also showing what material you will get from breaking that piece.) It also shows you exactly what body parts can be destroyed or severed which is useful, especially with tails where it can be confusing depending on the monster.

Also I think they do a good job at getting you into the meat of the gameplay faster than usual, you're fighting the Great Jagras on like the second mission instead of doing a bunch of missions to pick herbs and crap like MH3 and 4.

So now I want to give Monster Hunter World another shot. Seriously debating on buying it today.

Yay or nay? Lol
Nay, demo was bland and felt empty. It literally feels to me like final fantasy 15 where you take the side missions and go hunt down a monster and then repeat. I’m sure it’s deeper and what not but I’d put a big wait for a price drop or pass on it. In my opinion of course.

The controls and flow of the game definitely feel clunky at first. It’s not at all really, it just takes getting used to. Actions and attacks are generally slower and it takes adjusting to. But once you get used to the flow it really is “fluid”, just at a slower rate than you might be expecting. Great swords, hammers, switch axes, lances, and the hunting horn are big weapons and are slow... but powerful. Like souls games, you have to learn to pick your moment to attack, and even more so, pick where to attack. You have to aim for the tail or head or leg or whatever you want to hit. That’s really important to inflicting the most damage per attack as well as getting good at the weapon. And it’s almost all done free aim... which is different and takes getting used to. But once you learn the weapon and get used to it, you can do some amazing looking attacks and some awesome flow of battle. Dodging attacks, lining up shots, readying charge attacks, and landing that perfect blow which sends the monster reeling or knocking them unconscious.

There are faster weapons that don’t have to be as slow to attack but even they have to be careful of spacing and lining up shots, as well as dodging and using the right attacks at the right time to maximize your damage.

It won’t matter much with the easier monsters but by late game it will definitely mean the difference between winning and losing a quest.

Again, it’s not that the controls are “clunky”, though it may feel that way, think of it as just getting used to the slower pace and flow of the game. It’s just a different style of gameplay but it’s very elegant and allows a LOT of freedom in gameplay. It’s a lot like how some people didn’t like the slower pace of souls games. But now there are speed runners who can slaughter bosses quickly... monster hunter has speed runners too who demolish monsters quickly. It just takes practice and skill.

I understand how people feel it’s clunky and slow. I did too when I first started playing monster hunter. I’m still a noob and have only played one title (4U) and not even to high rank, but With time and practice I don’t think of it as slow but as “deliberate”. Each action and attack has a cost or downside to it and you have to pick the right time for the right attack... in the right spot or you can wife, or bounce off an armored area, or get attacked and knocked on your ass. It’s all part of the learning experience.

Supposedly promo image for Dark Soul's II and Far Cry 4 on PS+ was leaked. 

I think that's fantastic. Dark Soul's II is in my opinion very unfairly criticized. I'm glad I bought a physical copy of it and never purchased digital, it will be nice having digital as well so as not to have to swap disks. 

I think that's fantastic. Dark Soul's II is in my opinion very unfairly criticized. I'm glad I bought a physical copy of it and never purchased digital, it will be nice having digital as well so as not to have to swap disks.
If true that would be fucking awesome to have both AAA games free .

I read a comment that the leak is just a shopped image from the month MGS5 was on plus, so I am skeptical myself. Would like it to be true though.

Found a valid 20% off code I never used, so I ended up getting MHW for PS4 since it seemed like the kind of game I wanted digitally (had the Xbox version preordered).

Meh...passed on MH and got this week’s other universally praised game, Celeste. Amazing platformer. Early GoTY candidate IMO.

I would be okay with that, but I won't believe it until I see some confirmation. I traded in my last gen copy of Far Cry 4 a few months back, so I'd love to replay it on PS4. Can't say much for Dark Souls, I'm one of those people who needs to "git gud." I'm not really easily frustrated, but I think I just get impatient. Or at least, that was my experience with the little I played of the first Dark Souls game.

I would be okay with that, but I won't believe it until I see some confirmation. I traded in my last gen copy of Far Cry 4 a few months back, so I'd love to replay it on PS4. Can't say much for Dark Souls, I'm one of those people who needs to "git gud." I'm not really easily frustrated, but I think I just get impatient. Or at least, that was my experience with the little I played of the first Dark Souls game.
FC4 would be cool. I have not played a FC game before even though I own FC: Primal that came free with my XONE. But I generally like Ubisoft open world games. I'm like you though, Dark Souls is not my thing. I got the first one free on 360 when it was GWG and just couldn't get into it.

Does anyone know if I own disc of madden and then buy and download the Goat Edition that’s on sale if it will screw up my saves and or ultimate team? Thx.

Monster Hunter World - Very mediocre and clunky. Not a fan and thanks to the Beta I am saving myself $$$.
I'll be completely honest. I have never played a previous MH title, and was set on buying MHW. However, after playing the Beta last weekend, I wasn't impressed at all. I felt the controls were clunky and the gameplay was stale. I see these reviews coming out and I cannot wrap my head around how IGN gave it a 9.5. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I am missing something. In the end I decided to pass on it.
So now I want to give Monster Hunter World another shot. Seriously debating on buying it today.

Yay or nay? Lol
I ended up buying it with a gift card I had lol. Sadly, the Steelbooks were only for pre-orders and I didn't get one.
I guess there are some pretty compelling arguments on this thread...

Do it. Celeste is fucking awesome.
I can't get past the shitty graphics. I'm sorry I can't and honestly it no different that any other indie side scroller. It reminds me of Ori except with shitty graphics. To each their own though. Enjoy.

I just started Evil Within 2 and I'm so glad I did game is really cool. Just can't play it at night. I'm a grown man and yes I'm scared of scary games at night. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't get past the shitty graphics. I'm sorry I can't and honestly it no different that any other indie side scroller. It reminds me of Ori except with shitty graphics. To each their own though. Enjoy.
Graphics whore!!! ;)

Seriously though it is way better than 99.9% of indie side scrollers. The best platformer I’ve played in years. And I play a lot of platformers.

As someone who has been overly excited playing enhanced games on Xbox One X, I can say that graphics still aren’t everything. Level design, music and emotional hook of Celeste are outstanding.

The perfect scores it has gotten from IGN and Destructoid are well deserved.

I’d also argue that the pixel artwork is actually great.

I am a graphics whore and it's sad. I have tried to get past it but I cant lol. I see the 8bit or 16bit graphics and I move right along. Lol. Glad you're enjoying it though.

Who else is struggling with the peer pressure to get Monster Hunter? The struggle is real. I didn't even have fun in the beta. Lol

Nothin
It's weird I couldn't even get past 1 hr of the first one. Shit was way too scary even in day time. The second one has done a better job of easing me in I think.
Love both of them. But nothing compares to resident evil 7 in VR. SCARY AS BALLS!!!

I just started Evil Within 2 and I'm so glad I did game is really cool. Just can't play it at night. I'm a grown man and yes I'm scared of scary games at night. Lol

Evil Within 2 was in my top 10 for 2017 so you made a good choice. :D On the topic of scary games, only one game has created a great sense of fear and dread in me and that game is Condemned: Criminal Origins. The basement of that house near the end was the most frightening thing ever in a video game to me. Doom 3 is another game that created a wonderfully creepy and evil atmosphere but I wouldn't put it on the level of Condemned.

I feel like I didn't deserve the very first trophy in MHW. The monsters kept finding me in the bushes yet I still got the trophy when they finally gave up chasing me and ran off.

It's weird I couldn't even get past 1 hr of the first one. Shit was way too scary even in day time. The second one has done a better job of easing me in I think.

Tapatalk
The funny thing is when I would play it at night my kids who were 7 and 8 at the time would sit on the couch and watch me play it that's how I got through it.Good experience and great bonding time with the kiddos.

For anyone who bought the Pinball Arcade Season 7 Pass, DLC table 69 has also been released today, though for me, it's not showing up as a free Download. No clue if it's related to the S7 Pass Price Glitch.

On the topic of Monster Hunter, I actually beta tested the first game on the PS2 and I couldn't get into it at all. My thought at the time was, "What are they thinking, this'll never catch on, it's going to crash and burn hard." To this day, the fact that there is such a fervor about it and they're on #5 continues to amaze me.
nice

FC4 would be cool. I have not played a FC game before even though I own FC: Primal that came free with my XONE. But I generally like Ubisoft open world games. I'm like you though, Dark Souls is not my thing. I got the first one free on 360 when it was GWG and just couldn't get into it.
Oh man oh man oh man :razz:.

Sad to hear the image was probably fake.

Need an opinion here guys:

I have Batman Arkham Knight in the backlog and just impulse bought Return to Arkham Collection. I've never played one of these games other than messing around with Arkham Asylum a little bit back on 360.  Where should I start, is it worth starting at the beginning of the series? 

Like a lot of you guys, my backlog is so huge that I don't think I'll be playing more than one Batman game this year.  Thanks!

I have Batman Arkham Knight in the backlog and just impulse bought Return to Arkham Collection. I've never played one of these games other than messing around with Arkham Asylum a little bit back on 360. Where should I start, is it worth starting at the beginning of the series?

Like a lot of you guys, my backlog is so huge that I don't think I'll be playing more than one Batman game this year. Thanks!
I personally like Asylum the most myself, City was fun but I didn't care much for them turning it into an open world game. Asylum had a real metroidvania feel to it which I loved and was lost when they went open world. Haven't played Knight yet but I know some people didn't care for the batmobile stuff.

I have Batman Arkham Knight in the backlog and just impulse bought Return to Arkham Collection. I've never played one of these games other than messing around with Arkham Asylum a little bit back on 360. Where should I start, is it worth starting at the beginning of the series?

Like a lot of you guys, my backlog is so huge that I don't think I'll be playing more than one Batman game this year. Thanks!
I’ve played them all in order (including Origins) and I seem to remember having the best experiences with Arkham City. Of course, they all build on one another, so Arkham Knight is the most technologically accomplished so far (despite the heavy emphasis on the Batmobile). I think Arkham City is the most well-rounded in that respect and has a pretty significant plot point that feeds directly into Arkham Knight. Arkham Asylum is the furthest from my memory but I seem to remember thinking that it felt kind of repetitive in some regard. They’re all great games though, so you’ll be well off no matter what you choose. Except for those damn Riddler trophies. Talk about a grind.

Start from the beginning. The first game in particular could get knocked out in 5-6 hours, so you could theoretically get 2 Batman games in if you tried hard enough!

Also, storywise, they each build off of each other. If you care about spoilers, Knight will spoil the ending of City right out of the gate.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll start at Arkham Asylum but with a willingness to bail and move on to City if Arkham Asylum doesn't really capture me. 

My main issue historically is I always start a series at the beginning and grind through the early games even if I don't like them or find them dated.  I have vowed not to do this in 2018.

If you want the ultimate chronological adventure: Arkham Origins, Asylum, City, VR, Knight. As long as you don't suffer from OCD and feel the need to complete all the sidequests and collectibles 100%, the story modes are actually quite doable.

Anyone know if Portal Knights is worth it if you don't have PlayStation Plus? I've never played Minecraft because it seemed like a kids game, but Portal Knights seems just different enough from Minecraft to pique my interest. I want to use the 10% off code, but if I don't get the Portal Knights game, I might get the two Comet Crash games and another download-only PS3 game off my wish list that will never go on sale with the remaining $14 in my account. Thanks in advance for any feedback anyone can provide about Portal Knights.

My main issue historically is I always start a series at the beginning and grind through the early games even if I don't like them or find them dated. I have vowed not to do this in 2018.
That's why I have such a hard time with Final Fantasy. Try as I might, I just can't seem to bring myself to play FF8.

I was looking for opinions for Last Day of June. It has fairly good ratings and looks like it tells an emotional tale of loss. The look and music from the preview video appeal to me. How are the puzzle elements if anyone has played? I trust the responses in this thread. Thanks

Stories aren’t connected, skip it!
If he's anything like me its not about the story, its about this weird fear of missing out on some amazing game or some part of gaming history or who even knows what, it just seems I've 'gamed wrong' if I skip out on a game in a series.

With all that said though, I have never beaten Final Fantasy 8 despite starting it like 3 different times, its the only game in the series I couldn't get into.

For some reason I'm way more engaged by Triple Triad (the card mini game) than the actual game. Then I end up losing my good cards to some bastard and rage quit only swear the game off.

That's why I have such a hard time with Final Fantasy. Try as I might, I just can't seem to bring myself to play FF8.
As I continue to grow older, I get more and more amazed at the sheer level of hate sent towards the first two Final Fantasy PlayStation games and, inversely, the praise for FFIX. I get the weariness about VII (the hype, outdated graphics, bugs galore), but I feel like VIII is constantly and criminally underrated. Great story and soundtrack, small but well-developed core of characters, the genius of the Junction system...granted, Squall being even moodier more brooding than Cloud, the weird time-compression end of the story, the cheesy/corny love story aspects with Rinoa, and the repetitiveness of certain aspects of the Draw system can be draining, but I found it to be a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. And to be clear, this isn’t a comment on you, Kain: just a general statement.

As I continue to grow older, I get more and more amazed at the sheer level of hate sent towards the first two Final Fantasy PlayStation games and, inversely, the praise for FFIX. I get the weariness about VII (the hype, outdated graphics, bugs galore), but I feel like VIII is constantly and criminally underrated. Great story and soundtrack, small but well-developed core of characters, the genius of the Junction system...granted, Squall being even moodier more brooding than Cloud, the weird time-compression end of the story, the cheesy/corny love story aspects with Rinoa, and the repetitiveness of certain aspects of the Draw system can be draining, but I found it to be a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. And to be clear, this isn’t a comment on you, Kain: just a general statement.
Was not aware their was a lot of hate for FFVII. Considering the hype surrounding the remake when first announced, you would think its the most loved FF of all time. FVII actually still holds up pretty well, if you can forgive the outdated graphics.

FVIII was never my thing primarily because of the Draw or was it Junction system? I was not a fan of having to draw spells from enemies and the story became ridiculous towards the end. The whole witch being the bad guy, but really she isnt and every character grew up together in an orphanage but forgot their past and the real enemy is a witch from the future. But the game at its heart is a love story between Squall and Rinoa.

For me, I couldn't get into FF8 due to their decision to use realistically proportioned characters on a low-res system like the PSX. What you ended up with are blocky, jagged stick-figures with featureless blobs where their faces should be. It was an eyesore.  :(

I want to play FF9, but I know one of the big things talked about when it came out was that they do a lot of tongue-in-cheek references to all the previous games in the series, so I want to be able to understand the FF8 references.  Haven't been able to play Kingdom Hearts for a similar reason: don't want FF games spoiled because they refer to them and use their characters in KH.

Was not aware their was a lot of hate for FFVII. Considering the hype surrounding the remake when first announced, you would think its the most loved FF of all time. FVII actually still holds up pretty well, if you can forgive the outdated graphics.

FVIII was never my thing primarily because of the Draw or was it Junction system? I was not a fan of having to draw spells from enemies and the story became ridiculous towards the end. The whole witch being the bad guy, but really she isnt and every character grew up together in an orphanage but forgot their past and the real enemy is a witch from the future. But the game at its heart is a love story between Squall and Rinoa.
I should be clear: FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time, so it’ll get no hate from me. I can simply acknowledge its flaws, but I am cautiously optimistic for the remake: if it’s done right, I’ll be giving Square Enix all of my money for the foreseeable future. I also know the newer generation of gamers get tired of hearing about how amazing FFVII was...but whatever. FFVIII wasn’t quite as good as VII IMHO, but it was a worthy follow up. I couldn’t get into FFIX at all...aside from Vivi, there wasn’t a single memorable thing about that game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he's anything like me its not about the story, its about this weird fear of missing out on some amazing game or some part of gaming history or who even knows what, it just seems I've 'gamed wrong' if I skip out on a game in a series.

With all that said though, I have never beaten Final Fantasy 8 despite starting it like 3 different times, its the only game in the series I couldn't get into.

For some reason I'm way more engaged by Triple Triad (the card mini game) than the actual game. Then I end up losing my good cards to some bastard and rage quit only swear the game off.
I can completely understand that. I have my own quirks with how I game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back