PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannon Brawl early review.

This game is probably closest in genre to something like Worms/artillery.    You fly a ship around which can build towers [everything from shields to lasers to artillery, etc].   Your goal is to destroy the enemy castle, and you then fire and upgrade said towers [all on individual action timers].   You unlock more towers, more pilots with special skills, etc.

It's solid for what it is. I'm having fun, it's seemingly got a lot of content [including multiplayer, bots, etc].  It feels a bit like a mobile game in general setup... but for the sale price, it's fun enough.  It's fun building lasers and winning a hard fought battle by sending the enemy castle into the water.

AI bots on hard are actually pretty damn hard and will overwhelm you if you're not careful.   There are online trophies that require ranked battles but there is an AI bot that fills in if nobody is online.

This isn't really advertised unless you went to the movies tonight for the Digimon Tri movie.

Using "DIGI50" on the bandai store gives 50% off Digimon Games. 
I'm not sure if you can find those cheaper or not.

sSykK3Q.jpg

This isn't really advertised unless you went to the movies tonight for the Digimon Tri movie.
Using "DIGI50" on the bandai store gives 50% off Digimon Games.
I'm not sure if you can find those cheaper or not.

sSykK3Q.jpg
Looks like it’s not usable on Hacker’s Memory sadly.

I've been playing games since the early days of Colecovision, Atari 2600 and Odyssey2. I've always been a completionist even before trophies, but not to a ridiculous extreme. Collecting all the orbs in Jak 2? Grr...fine...sure. Level up every character and materia in Final Fantasy 7 to their max? Oh Hell no. Collecting Trophies, to me, is just another in-game task to do, almost exactly like those Skill Points in Ratchet & Clank. Only they're a little more meta in the sense that they can be accessed and viewed from outside the game. If anything, collecting Trophies and going up levels is kind of like I am just like an RPG character and I'm getting game experience with every trophy and raising my level. :)

I've never passed on buying a game I wanted because it didn't have a platinum, however, I am guilty of passing on games that I have had a mild curiosity over because it had long or extremely difficult trophies. "Oh, hey, Lost Planet 2 is $6 on clearance at BestBuy. Don't know much about it, let's check PlaystationTrophies.org ...Hmmm... 9/10 difficulty...over 4 playthroughs...over 250 hours... Yeah, pass." I just don't have the time to put into that long a game nor do I want to be that stressed out about perfecting it that much to get all the trophies.

On the other hand, however, I do have a friend who will buy all the popular PS4 games and leave them sealed in his bedroom for years, and only play indie PSN games because he thinks they're more likely to give him easy platinums. *Shrugs*
To each their own, but checking a site called playstationtrophies.org before making a purchase decision seems like a problem in itself. At that point, trophies are the top priority.

FWIW, I am ps lvl 18 and only have 2 platinums, Destiny ps4 and Walking Dead Vita. I like the trophy popping up, but never check a game’s list until I’m just about done playing. Usually, I find that despite playing all of the perceived content my percentage is only like 60-70 so I shrug and move on to the bext backlog game.

To me, trophies become “work” the moment I change my experience to chase them. IE playing the game multiple times on multiple difficulties should not be required to 100% or platinum. Looking at a list beforehand should also not be required.

The only thing that bothers me is when other’s poor gaming habits lead developers to change a game’s design.

IE f2p mechanics in full priced games or the ubisoft open world collectible template. I blame the former on fools parting with their money and the latter on ocd trophy hunters

Trophies are cool. They add replay value to some games.

I love people who act like they're too good for trophies though. It's neat.
This is just a straw man. The "I had fun on that plat" "hah! u stpd i 2 good 4 plats" conversation you're pretending exists never really happens and if it does, ignore it. But the "this game is so creative, these devs deserve some attention, check it out!" "no plat. 0/10 would never play" conversation is happening all the time.

When people's decisions about which games to support have nothing to do with the quality of the underlying game (whether not buying good games because they don't have a plat, or buying garbage games because they have an easy plat), it shouldn't be surprising to you that some people would be depressed by that, especially people who want to develop good games or people who want to see good games get attention and success.

You're just making this up. No one has ever criticized someone for enjoying a trophy, or going back and playing some game they liked in order to polish off the trophies, and enjoying themselves. And if they have, who cares, ignore them.

However lots of people literally refuse to play amazing, creative games because "no plat. 0/10 would never play". And just as often, people buy terrible garbage instead of supporting good games because "worth the $ for the easy plat".

Trophies can be fun, and some devs do trophies better than others, but half the conversation when they come up is rarely about how fun the trophies were but instead about whether the game has a plat and how easy it is to get, which is agnostic to the quality of the underlying game. The same goes for some people's decisions on what to spend time playing in their collection. When people's decisions about which games to support have nothing to do with the quality of the underlying game, you can imagine why some people would be depressed by that, especially people who want to develop good games or people who want to see good games get attention and success.

Literally no one is having a "I had fun on that plat" "hah! u stpd i 2 good 4 plats" conversation you're pretending exists, but the "this game is so creative, these devs deserve some attention, check it out!" "no plat. 0/10 would never play" conversation is happening all the time.
What's funny is the first conversation is literally occurring in this thread whereas the second one never happened.

There is no right way to play games. People should feel free to play games based on whatever criteria they feel is important to them and if you feel the need to criticize them for that, then you're an asshole.

This is just a straw man. The "I had fun on that plat" "hah! u stpd i 2 good 4 plats" conversation you're pretending exists never really happens and if it does, ignore it. But the "this game is so creative, these devs deserve some attention, check it out!" "no plat. 0/10 would never play" conversation is happening all the time.

When people's decisions about which games to support have nothing to do with the quality of the underlying game (whether not buying good games because they don't have a plat, or buying garbage games because they have an easy plat), it shouldn't be surprising to you that some people would be depressed by that, especially people who want to develop good games or people who want to see good games get attention and success.
Do you even own a console or play video games on one? I thought you were strictly PC master race.

Do you even own a console or play video games on one? I thought you were strictly PC master race.
lol, I'm in this thread because among my many consoles I have a PS4, and love it.

edit: although come to think of it PC games also have trophies/achievements, so not sure why you ask.

What's funny is the first conversation is literally occurring in this thread whereas the second one never happened.

There is no right way to play games. People should feel free to play games based on whatever criteria they feel is important to them and if you feel the need to criticize them for that, then you're an asshole.
What's funny is that as usual you're completely 100% wrong. The conversation started with Gurren Lagann saying he wouldn't play Song of the Deep because it doesn't have a platinum and went on from there, eventually being derailed by personal attacks. More generally every trophy argument starts this way.

As for your need to call everyone an asshole if they express any opinion about games that you disagree with, I can't help you there. "You shouldn't skip Song of the Deep just because it doesn't have a plat" is a perfectly reasonable thing to say. I haven't said it, but it's perfectly reasonable. It is a criticism, but it's also just a reasonable opinion and no one is an asshole for saying it.

I'll try to interject some positive thoughts here.  I like trophies for different reasons than some.  I like them for the permanent record and recording the make of my gaming history.  There are many games I have completely forgotten about, but when I glance at my trophy or achievement list, it reminds me that I played them and how much (or how little) I enjoyed them.  I also appreciate trophies for giving reasons to trying playing games in a different way or giving me reasons to keep playing a game that I might otherwise stop playing.  That being said, I will never continue playing a game just because of a trophy (unless i'm very close).  I have little interest in the sense of pride or accomplishment in earning the trophy itself and especially no interest in showing it off to others, however, I will admit that it did feel good when I got a couple of platinums to pop.

To all those who bought Knack/Rime recently, thank you! You are the real heroes. Your continued support for the developers is helping us procrastinators (read, cheap asses) in getting the game(s) for free.

Keep doing the good work.

I know you pay for PS+ subscription; so in reality, its not free, its "free". I also know its not free game, its a free rental for the duration of PS+ subscription.

Valid comments - fuck off. :D
It's a good thought, but that's not necessarily always the case...many times a dev will decide to put their game on PS Plus if they're having a hard time selling copies or getting the word out. For instance, Rocket League went free on Plus at launch because they were desperate, not because they were sought after. In the NoClip doc the founder thinks to this day that without Plus, RL wouldn't be a recognizable property today.

My thoughts are: Knack is free merely because theyve already sold as many copies as they can (the joke's still alive, that Knack sold more than twice as many copies as Super Mario 3d World)... so putting it in the lineup bolsters the appeal of PS Plus i.e. "wow a full retail game for free! cant complain!"

But Rime because it got mediocre reception and did not hit sales goals. Now they can reach people they would never have reached otherwise, such as myself. And if I end up liking it, maybe I'll buy their next game.

lol, I'm in this thread because among my many consoles I have a PS4, and love it.

edit: although come to think of it PC games also have trophies/achievements, so not sure why you ask.

What's funny is that as usual you're completely 100% wrong. The conversation started with Gurren Lagann saying he wouldn't play Song of the Deep because it doesn't have a platinum and went on from there, eventually being derailed by personal attacks. More generally every trophy argument starts this way.

As for your need to call everyone an asshole if they express any opinion about games that you disagree with, I can't help you there. "You shouldn't skip Song of the Deep just because it doesn't have a plat" is a perfectly reasonable thing to say. I haven't said it, but it's perfectly reasonable. It is a criticism, but it's also just a reasonable opinion and no one is an asshole for saying it.
I was just curious if you had a console. You've been on the site a long time but I've never really seen you post outside of the steam thread until like 2 weeks ago.

Song of the Deep looks like garbage with a metacritic score of 69. To use that as your example of people saying "Screw that amazing game just because it has no platinum" makes about as much sense as the rest of your arguments.

So no, no one has skipped an amazing game yet because of a lack of platinum. If you want to argue that people will skip mediocre games because of lack of platinum, I won't fight you on that.

Song of the Deep looks like garbage with a metacritic score of 69. To use that as your example of people saying "Screw that amazing game just because it has no platinum" makes about as much sense as the rest of your arguments.

So no, no one has skipped an amazing game yet because of a lack of platinum. If you want to argue that people will skip mediocre games because of lack of platinum, I won't fight you on that.
Get your point but Song of the Deep is a pretty decent game.

Bubsy. Now THAT is garbage.

Lot of bad blood in the thread these days. Sony was wrong to give us Knack for free, its unleashed years of pent up frustration.
I bought Knack PHYSICAL when it came out and it's still in the wrapper.

If I can survive Knack being free, anyone can.

In fact, I even look forward to it because for some godforsaken reason, I will now actually play it digitally.

And yet, I will still keep the physical copy of it. Maybe I'll give it away to someone but I won't try to sell it to the store.

There is a lot of bad blood here. People are just horrible things. They just seem to forget how to be civil.

This thread sucks so much now.
Where do you go when you're not in this thread?

You pop in once in a blue moon, make like one comment and disappear again.

You're like a thread unicorn.

Your revolutionary thread still exists? Ah, those were good times in the past.

Not the same kind of heroes and villains today.

Grand Kingdom is good, but I couldn't get into it. i really liked the combat system, though. It's the game I -want- to love, but just can't get hooked on.

Knack wasn't really my thing. I did my part and bought it cheap though.

I really need to make a trip to GS and sell some games. I'm really annoyed that amazon stopped being an easy place to sell my stuff... i get like a quarter of what i used to, which sucks, but isn't quite enough reason to go back to ebay, which i hate using.
I didn't like any aspect of Grand Kingdom.

Regarding selling used games, you know CAG has a buy/sell/trade forum, right? If your worried about getting so little, I'd suggest selling on here. More effort required than Amazon used to (haven't tried in recent years), you'd get much more than GS. If you'd trade at GS for new games, do that here. Just a thought.

Yeah well, I got an email telling me Shadow of the Colossus is coming out. Who needs a coupon when you can have an ad instead. 

Didn't use the 10% coupon last week because there wasn't really anything I wanted. Hopefully next week's sale has something spicy enough for me to use the new 20% coupon on.

Don't have much money, going to buy Akiba's beat with 20% coupon. Any other cheap games on sale this week?

Absolver looks to be a good game?

Where do you go when you're not in this thread?

You pop in once in a blue moon, make like one comment and disappear again.

You're like a thread unicorn.

Your revolutionary thread still exists? Ah, those were good times in the past.

Not the same kind of heroes and villains today.
Nah that thread is dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back