PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Question guys, does fallout 4 goty ed worths $25? Been thinking about getting it with the 20% coupon.
I can't speak for the GOTY, but I just started the vanilla edition about a week ago and its insanely large. If you really think you're going to go through all that content then probably yes, the game is dope as hell, but I've sunk a ton of time into this game and haven't scratched the surface, can't imagine I would get to any DLC related stuff this century.

I’m killing it with getting these ps emails in the new year, got my first email related coupon.
Same here. I’m amazed.

It’s funny, yesterday when the Shadow of the Colossus email came in, I scrolled down to the bottom and rated the email as ‘Poor,’ citing the reason as “No 20% off coupon,” now the next day a coupon appears. I think I might have powers.

Didn't use the 10% coupon last week because there wasn't really anything I wanted. Hopefully next week's sale has something spicy enough for me to use the new 20% coupon on.
Aren't the sales usually garbage the first Tuesday of the month when they add the next round of plus games? I don't have high hopes of finding something good to use my discount on.

Hadn’t heard of Crossing Souls but just watched the trailer. As a child of the 80s, that does look damn good. Wish that demo was still up.

Comes out on my birthday so that’s gotta mean something too. :)

Wonder what it will cost?

I also asked in the coupon thread but might get more looks here. Does anyone know if the coupon can be used on subscriptions? Let's say I wanted a year of plus and a year of now. Can I add them both to my cart and use the coupon or only for games/movies? Thanks

I also asked in the coupon thread but might get more looks here. Does anyone know if the coupon can be used on subscriptions? Let's say I wanted a year of plus and a year of now. Can I add them both to my cart and use the coupon or only for games/movies? Thanks
The coupon will not work on subscriptions or preorders.

Can someone link me to where I have to go for in order to receive the newsletter?
I'm not 100% certain this is correct, but try this. Go to:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Login in then click the Account tab. Then on the bottom left click the Notification Preferences option. There are 2 checkboxes, the first one is "Yes, I am interested in receiving marketing materials from Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). I understand I can unsubscribe at any time." If that's not selected click it and hit Update. You don't need to click the second about sharing with partners.

Thank you Pheran. Unfortunately I already had the box checked. I honestly believe Sony hates me. Not only do I not get these emails, but ive been trying to sign up for sony rewards for over a year now to no avail. Everytime I go to link the accounts together I always (I mean ALWAYS) get a 404'd page error no matter what browser I use. Its ridiculous.

You know, can anyone post the email address FROM Sony for the rewards or codes?

I have some wildcards in my blocked addresses. 

I'm just wondering if my spam blocking filter is weeding them out.

I do get the ads for cameras and movies and even the yearlong review of how great I am.

But I don't get PS+ stuff or sonyrewards things.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot but I thought of trying it.

Once, I intentionally blocked ALL yahoo addresses.

You know, can anyone post the email address FROM Sony for the rewards or codes?
I have some wildcards in my blocked addresses.
I'm just wondering if my spam blocking filter is weeding them out.
I do get the ads for cameras and movies and even the yearlong review of how great I am.
But I don't get PS+ stuff or sonyrewards things.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot but I thought of trying it.
Once, I intentionally blocked ALL yahoo addresses.
[email protected]

The shadow of the colossus email that has the quest for a free dynamic theme is the same theme from the PlayStation experience two months ago. I already have it, so first to PM me can have the code for it.

Edit: Claimed.

Thanks. Well, I've gotten three emails from them this month, all advertisements, Street Fighter V, The Inpatient and Monster World.

Oddly, I didn't get any of those ads or any other email from that address since May 2016 (1.5 yrs ago)

Except I did get a few "You've left something in your cart" in 2017

So I get email now, I just don't get codes. I'm just gonna stop worrying about it. If I have a code, I may spend money on something I wouldn't really want just to use the code.

I didn't get a Shadow of the Colossus email. I don't want a theme but how the hell does Sony send out emails?

% off coupon codes only work for games/DLC that is playable right when you're using it.

Really considering getting monster hunter with that 20% off coupon...
FWIW, I am about 30 hrs in and enjoying it quite a lot. I am going back and forth from Nioh and Monster Hunter on the ps4 pro...it's been swell. I'd have even more hours clocked if I didn't have life responsibilities :D

As an aside, I have played it strictly solo and thanks to the limited time Horizon gear quest have created Robosnarf!

Do it. I really hated the beta. Took a chance and got it full price and I'm addicted. So damn good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have 3 friends on my list that I urged to try the beta and they ranged from meh to hating it. All 3 of them ended up getting the game anyway and have played more than I have been able to play.

The beta was a poor representation of the game. Just a bare rushed scratch of the surface of what it has to offer.

This is GOTY material. It is seriously well made good solid fun and challenging gameplay.

As an aside, I have played it strictly solo and thanks to the limited time Horizon gear quest have created Robosnarf!
I just finished those event quests today. That palico armor is pretty awesome! Supposedly there’s a part 2 of the event coming where you can get a bow weapon based on Aloy’s bow.

I didn't know I wanted Monster Hunter World until I read you guys in this thread talking about it so much, so I watched some videos and it definitely looks awesome. I probably won't get it for awhile, but it's absolutely on my "to buy" list now.

I have 3 friends on my list that I urged to try the beta and they ranged from meh to hating it. All 3 of them ended up getting the game anyway and have played more than I have been able to play.

The beta was a poor representation of the game. Just a bare rushed scratch of the surface of what it has to offer.
That's been every Monster Hunter demo so far, as they just throw you into quests with no explanation of weapons or anything really. World's beta was by far better than all of them.

So I just got the 3ds version of MH for $14.99. With Shadow coming out Tuesday..guess I'm going to wait for a $20 price drop on the PS 4 version of MH. Probably Turkey day, hub?

Yeah the demos aren't great. My biggest problem with them (and this extends into the main game) is that they don't really do a good job explaining what you are supposed to be doing with a weapon. I don't even mean what each button does but rather what you are trying to achieve with your attacks. Like I main longsword and I see so many newcomers pick up the weapon and don't even realize that you are supposed to be trying to land your spirit combo finisher to stack an attack power buff as much as possible. The hunters notes in game mention it but they don't really emphasize that it's like super freaking important and kinda the whole point of the weapon.

I never played the demos or previous versions of Monster Hunter, but I picked up World after a few buddies were hyping its release and it started piling up good reviews. I’ve only got a few hours in so far but it’s definitely good.

Cancelled my preorder of Shadow of Colossus and got PSN credit instead. All set for 20% off at release. Not sure if I’ll be able to hold off until the new sales Tuesday morning to see what’s there. Or if I’ll want to jump on it at midnight.

Cannon Brawl --  overall... eh, I'd recommend it at $3.  It's definitely good, just not great.  I definitely got my money's worth.   The plat is ridiculous though - you need 100 multiplayer wins.   You can play a bot, so it's possible even if you can't find a game... but between matchmaking time and game time, that's hours upon hours, most of which is spent matchmaking [you can usually rush the ai for a win in like 3minutes, add another 3 minutes per matchmaking].    I want the plat... but too annoying.

------------------------

Mordheim CIty of the Damned ---

it's a tactical SRPG with valkyria chronicles style perspective and Warhammer feel.   The game looks great, with rat creatures and other cool clans.

I've only played a little bit so far.   Graphics, atmosphere, and mechanics wise this game seems like it's got a -lot- going for it.   I've only scratched the surface with some tutorials, but it feels great.  Like, if you're into SRPGs, you should definitely look into this. There are stats everywhere - you can feel it's tabletop roots [in a good way].

My biggest gripe is there's a ton of text on the screen, and a lot of it is a bit too small.

-------------------------

Jydge -

If you like their games [Crimsonland, Neon Chrome, etc] you'll like this.   It is sort of a mix of those two games, actually -- it feels like it's in the same world, with Neon Chrome like maps but more of a Crimson land progression - Neon Chrome meets Hotline Miami, basically.   Each stage has 5 missions, each mission has 4 difficulty levels each with different goals.   It's not a permadeath playthrough like Neon Chrome, each level is standalone and you can die as much as you want perfecting it. 

Gameplay is fantastic, but that's no surprise.

Cannon Brawl --  overall... eh, I'd recommend it at $3.  It's definitely good, just not great.  I definitely got my money's worth.   The plat is ridiculous though - you need 100 multiplayer wins.   You can play a bot, so it's possible even if you can't find a game... but between matchmaking time and game time, that's hours upon hours, most of which is spent matchmaking [you can usually rush the ai for a win in like 3minutes, add another 3 minutes per matchmaking].    I want the plat... but too annoying.

------------------------

Mordheim CIty of the Damned ---

it's a tactical SRPG with valkyria chronicles style perspective and Warhammer feel.   The game looks great, with rat creatures and other cool clans.

I've only played a little bit so far.   Graphics, atmosphere, and mechanics wise this game seems like it's got a -lot- going for it.   I've only scratched the surface with some tutorials, but it feels great.  Like, if you're into SRPGs, you should definitely look into this. There are stats everywhere - you can feel it's tabletop roots [in a good way].

My biggest gripe is there's a ton of text on the screen, and a lot of it is a bit too small.

-------------------------

Jydge -

If you like their games [Crimsonland, Neon Chrome, etc] you'll like this.   It is sort of a mix of those two games, actually -- it feels like it's in the same world, with Neon Chrome like maps but more of a Crimson land progression - Neon Chrome meets Hotline Miami, basically.   Each stage has 5 missions, each mission has 4 difficulty levels each with different goals.   It's not a permadeath playthrough like Neon Chrome, each level is standalone and you can die as much as you want perfecting it. 

Gameplay is fantastic, but that's no surprise.

I'm sure Monster Hunter World is good (since everyone says so), but that sword in the trailer is utterly idiotic.  Why do Japanese games feel the need to make swords the size of your entire body??  Final Fantasy VII has the same stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back