PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I think I need to just pass all together. Having the 20% off bonus is making me consider games I’ll probably never play!

Thinking I’ll just get SoTC and Bleed 2.
The first Xenoverse has a better overall story than the second one. But the second one is more refined like a sequel should be and the gameplay is improved. It's also nice that they added some characters from Super in the second one. I think the first one is definitely worth a playthrough and will make the second one more understandable. However, you don't absolutely have to play the first Xenoverse to enjoy the second one.

I've seen people describe it as the same evolution the Assassin's Creed series took between 1 and 2.. basically they fixed everything wrong with the original.. haven't played it yet myself so can't give my personal opinion, though like you I did really enjoy the first one..
I really liked the story and the characters in the first Watch Dogs much better. I'm not a huge fan of the hippie and fight against the man type of vibe of the second. But gameplay-wise, the second Watch Dogs is way better. I think the jump from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 in terms of gameplay is a very adequate statement.

Flip flopping back and forth...is Mercenary Kings worth the $20 price point?  I didn't have PS Plus back when it was free lol.

Doesn't Road to Boruto contain everything the deluxe edition of Shippuden 4 has and more? 

I'm tempted by the SAO and SAO/AW games, but I already have the first two SAO games that I'm not interested enough to play through.  Are these any better?

Jydge, post-plat

Great game.   As mentioned, it's sort of like Hotline Miami with a more standard dual stick shooter twist [feels like Neon Chrome or Crimsonland, by the same dev].   Each mission has 3 earnable stars [no kill, kill all in 30 seconds, don't get spotted, etc]... some of which you can do at the same time, some you can't.  Each mission also has 4 difficulty levels, each with different challenges.  So you'll be replaying levels a lot, but you also unlock -tons- of skills and weapons.

How you slot all your skills [4 main skills, weapon, special weapon, and 3 weapon modifiers] vastly changes how you play.   I'd say, once you unlock everything, even the hardest level on the hardest difficulty isn't hard if you go in with the proper loadout.    There are only a handful of easy to get collectibles.  

Overall, the plat was an absolute breeze [in that I probably only spent 5 minutes doing collectibles, and everything else - challenges, etc, I would have done anyway].  and I enjoy replaying levels to get perfect scores so that didn't bother me.  [There are like 20ish missions total]. 

Glad I bought it, will buy Time Recoil next time it goes on sale.

Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but wasn't Accounting Plus already released several weeks ago?
This one is bundled with a theme. I already own it and have the option to rebuy it in the store for $11.99 (with the theme). However, I redownloaded my copy and it contains the 1.02 update file with the added level.

I have a feeling the flash sale will be the following weekend, starting Feb. 16. The last one was Jan. 19th. But who knows?
Are flash sales usually a monthly thing? I barely recovered from the last one.

I had forgotten about this resource. I'm using it for titles I'm considering buying this week and most have been lower in the past. I hate this not-knowing feeling.

Are flash sales usually a monthly thing?
Generally, yes. And seemed like they used to be the third weekend of the month. But Sony has thrown a lot of their usual stuff out the window (like not having a Christmas Day Flash sale). So it could be this weekend. Never know.

Generally, yes. And seemed like they used to be the third weekend of the month. But Sony has thrown a lot of their usual stuff out the window (like not having a Christmas Day Flash sale). So it could be this weekend. Never know.
Seems unlikely while the 20% off coupon is still active, but I'll hold out just in case.

By the way, did you end up getting Colossus yet? I'm curious what you thought of it. I was watching Frisky's video and it brought back both good and bad memories of the PS2 version. I feel like I can hold out for when it's sub-$20.

Seems unlikely while the 20% off coupon is still active, but I'll hold out just in case.

By the way, did you end up getting Colossus yet? I'm curious what you thought of it. I was watching Frisky's video and it brought back both good and bad memories of the PS2 version. I feel like I can hold out for when it's sub-$20.
Just got it a few minutes ago.Hopefully play some tonight. If I do, I’ll let you know what I think.

The Flash Sale could be early (and this weekend) if it was a Valentine's Day sale.  Holiday sales usually happen before the holiday.

So Catherine will be on sale....or it won't.  

Costume Quest wasn't on sale for Halloween.

The Flash Sale could be early (and this weekend) if it was a Valentine's Day sale. Holiday sales usually happen before the holiday.
Good point about VD. Although, they didn’t have a Christmas one....

Poor analogy. A lottery win has precisely calculable odds of occurring (that are demonstrably not 50/50). PSN flash sales do not.
Yeah, it's a terrible analogy: lotteries involve buying paper tickets and PSN flash sales do not. Lotteries often involve scratching things, whereas PSN flash sales rarely do. Lotteries start with the letter "L" while PSN Flash Sales start with the letter "P", or I suppose "F": no matter how you look at it, such a terrible analogy.

As a kid I watched digimon and enjoy me some rpgs so which of the 2 digimon games is worth buying/playing? Thanks in advance
Cyber Sleuth is solid. Dunno about the new Digimon World but I remember having fun with the original back on the Playstation even though I sucked.

The Flash Sale could be early (and this weekend) if it was a Valentine's Day sale. Holiday sales usually happen before the holiday.

lol when I saw you write Valentine's Day I was instantly like "Catherine will be on sale" haha

Poor analogy. A lottery win has precisely calculable odds of occurring (that are demonstrably not 50/50). PSN flash sales do not.
Not that poor. The point was it's not a 50/50 chance of occurring just because there are two possible outcomes.

Notifications Update

This update will give you the ability to delete old notifications for better organization and management. Just go to Notifications and press the ‘triangle’ or ‘Options’ button to open up a menu that will allow you to select a single or multiple notifications you’d like to delete.
Wow, who'd have thought we'd actually want to delete these? Good thinkin'.

Main difference between the two games is that melee weapons are complete trash in GER (like so utterly pointless they made a sword that exists solely to buff your gun damage) while they are actually viable in GE2. So depends if you want to play as a melee dude or not. Otherwise lots of the same monsters and maps.

Well fwiw it's mostly just me making sure most of my armor was upgraded. The first time I fought Nerg his full body attacks did around 60-70% of my HP, it was intense. But with mostly upgraded armor, a potion, and defense L from eating I hit almost 430 defense. Granted I did not use defense L in that video, went for attack L since I feel comfortable enough with the fight now not to rely on defense for a crutch. But yeah the innate defense bonus from melee weapons is noticeable, but so is the element bonus from ranged weapons, bosses with projectiles (like the final boss) can easily 2 shot me if I am not careful.
I've been kind of hesitant to take on Nergigante. As a bow user, I have a feeling all his attacks are going to OHKO me especially since I'm only wearing Great Jaggras Alpha armor. Anyway, I've come to the realization that there's no way I could play a Monster Hunter game for hundreds of hours like some do. MHW is a really good game but at 65 hours in, I'm starting to feel fatigued about the whole thing. I'll probably grind out what I need to finish the story then put the game on the shelf since I know I'll never get the Plat.

I really liked the story and the characters in the first Watch Dogs much better. I'm not a huge fan of the hippie and fight against the man type of vibe of the second. But gameplay-wise, the second Watch Dogs is way better. I think the jump from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 in terms of gameplay is a very adequate statement.
Yeah, it was quite a shock going from Aiden Pearce to a bunch of goofballs who are more irritating than likable. Maybe it was the characters wearing on me but I wasn't even able to finish WD2. Really wish they would have kept the darker tone of the first game.

As a kid I watched digimon and enjoy me some rpgs so which of the 2 digimon games is worth buying/playing? Thanks in advance
Cyber Sleuth is more like a traditional turn-based rpg. Next Order is like a much better version of the first Digimon World. Raise stats, digimon dies, rinse repeat as you go through the story. Personally, I prefer the Cyber Sleuth style more.

I've been kind of hesitant to take on Nergigante. As a bow user, I have a feeling all his attacks are going to OHKO me especially since I'm only wearing Great Jaggras Alpha armor. Anyway, I've come to the realization that there's no way I could play a Monster Hunter game for hundreds of hours like some do. MHW is a really good game but at 65 hours in, I'm starting to feel fatigued about the whole thing. I'll probably grind out what I need to finish the story then put the game on the shelf since I know I'll never get the Plat.
If you're at Nergigante you aren't too far from the final boss actually. And yeah I wouldn't fight him with Jaggras armor honestly, defense is pretty low on that stuff. I'd look through what mats you have and slap some random pieces together. Try to get some skills that look useful but extra defense makes a crazy difference in MH, it's kinda crazy actually. If you lack materials the Ingot and High Metal sets can be made strictly from gathering materials and the non-boss monsters roaming the maps. Also don't forget to upgrade that stuff of course.

Sooo what are the chances?
Base percentages:

First weekend (of the month): 5% or lower

Second Weekend: 5% or lower

Third Weekend: 80%

Fourth Weekend: 0% if Third Weekend had one, 90% if it didn't.

Exception modifiers:

1) If previous month did not have Flash Sale, first week is now 95%

2) If a major holiday falls on one of the first two weeks, raise percentage by 25% if first weekend, 50% if second weekend. If one does happen, drop Third week to 0%.

3) If a major holiday falls on the fourth week, drop Third Weekend to 25% and if that doesn't happen, raise fourth week to 98%.

Who knew a dumb joke could cause such a reaction?
giphy.gif

The Shadow of Colossus remake is amazing. I still suck at it but it’s gorgeous and the controls are better than ever. Here’s hoping for an ICO remake next.

Common everyone, you all know what the chances are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grMjUu-OhbQ

On topic, I was lucky enough to grab SotC CE from Newegg last week just before they went out of stock. No GCU but retail price is better than eBay prices I guess. However I am tempted to just buy the digital copy for 20 percent off and keep the LE sealed. Ah, I dunno. 

Is Valentine's Day considered a major holiday?

I think you should add the following to your exceptions modifiers: 

• If you have a 20% off coupon that is going to expire on Monday, set chances to 0% that it occurs this weekend.
  • If you've just spent your 20% off coupon before the weekend, set chances to 100% that flash sale will occur this weekend.

Thoughts on Star Trek: Bridge Crew?
I didn't like it. I played single player and before the voice patch that enabled voice controls but it was just really boring a sim to me. I've heard MP totally changes the dynamics which makes it a fun and surreal experience in VR. Apparently there's a decent active community but it's still likely hard to get a full crew without waiting or planning.

It's kinda disappointing that the one time I have a 20% off code and they do a Ubisoft publisher sale, Far Cry Primal is NOT on sale. Probably karma saying "ha, should have bought it last time."

What kind of reception did Watch Dogs 2 receive? I know a lot of people didn't like the first one for whatever reason, though I liked it.
I’ve put in about 35 hours and about 70% percent done with Watch Dogs 2. I also finished the first one. I like Watch Dogs 2 better because you can complete missions with your “gadgets”.

Are lots of people still playing Ghost Recon Wildlands?
Don’t know about lots but you can play solo. To me it plays like a GTA in the jungle with 3 teammates you can order around. The predator thing they added is also pretty cool. Watch that on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back