PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know about lots but you can play solo. To me it plays like a GTA in the jungle with 3 teammates you can order around. The predator thing they added is also pretty cool. Watch that on YouTube.
Was curious about the predator thing. Sounds like it was a limited time event that only went through January? Or did the extend it?

The Shadow of Colossus remake is amazing. I still suck at it but it’s gorgeous and the controls are better than ever. Here’s hoping for an ICO remake next.
Ico would be nice since I’ve never played it. The new Colossus looks great and glad to hear the updated controls are improved. How is the climbing/hit detection? All I remember from that game is spending so much time trying to traverse a mountain of a Colossi — about to make my lethal strike — only to be shaken off at the last second. Every. Single. Time.

Is Valentine's Day considered a major holiday?
Only if you don't have someone.

Ico would be nice since I’ve never played it. The new Colossus looks great and glad to hear the updated controls are improved. How is the climbing/hit detection? All I remember from that game is spending so much time trying to traverse a mountain of a Colossi — about to make my lethal strike — only to be shaken off at the last second. Every. Single. Time.
Yeah, back when I played on PS2 I had the same problem. But now I’m getting it. You really need to pay attention to your energy meter (a circle that gets smaller and smaller).

If it starts to run out as you’re climbing, you need to find a flat surface on the beast to stop and recover. Then start climbing again. Once I figured that out, I’ve been doing fine. Still get tossed every now and then, but doing way better than I did back then.

Well decided to pick up Hob, the Crew ultimate edition and the Assassins Creed bundle (Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate). With the coupon I didn't think it was a bad deal plus the coupon and credit I still had left over. I know those assassins creed games are a mixed bag and the reviews are mixed but I have never played those 3 and I do like all the other ones so why not. I have been eyeing Hob for awhile now and the Crew price seemed good. Hope I don't regret these lol.

The Shadow of Colossus remake is amazing. I still suck at it but it’s gorgeous and the controls are better than ever. Here’s hoping for an ICO remake next.
I couldn't get into SoTC back on the PS2 but I can't remember exactly why. Maybe I'll give the remake a go one day when it's on sale.

If you're at Nergigante you aren't too far from the final boss actually. And yeah I wouldn't fight him with Jaggras armor honestly, defense is pretty low on that stuff. I'd look through what mats you have and slap some random pieces together. Try to get some skills that look useful but extra defense makes a crazy difference in MH, it's kinda crazy actually. If you lack materials the Ingot and High Metal sets can be made strictly from gathering materials and the non-boss monsters roaming the maps. Also don't forget to upgrade that stuff of course.
Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I have enough for one of those sets you mentioned since I mine almost every node I come across.

Thoughts on Steep? Perfect timing with Winter Olympics this weekend
I bought the Gold Edition off eBay last year and the game is fun for the little I played. Looks gorgeous too. I know a lot of people were upset with the Olympic expansion costing more on top of the Season Pass and I heard they made gameplay improvements to just the expansion which pissed off people too. But for $39.99 for the Gold + Olympic expansion, I would say it is worth it.

Presidents Day is the following weekend.. though with the toxicity around the current president.. not sure they would do a flash sale focused around that holiday..

After they snubbed us on Thanksgiving, I don't think any holiday is a safe bet for a flash sale.

I've been kind of hesitant to take on Nergigante. As a bow user, I have a feeling all his attacks are going to OHKO me especially since I'm only wearing Great Jaggras Alpha armor. Anyway, I've come to the realization that there's no way I could play a Monster Hunter game for hundreds of hours like some do. MHW is a really good game but at 65 hours in, I'm starting to feel fatigued about the whole thing. I'll probably grind out what I need to finish the story then put the game on the shelf since I know I'll never get the Plat.
Don't worry, I grinded a bit for armor for Nergigante, but it was pointless. Ranged will get one-shotted by the body slam and dive. You have to learn the belly flop dive or you will die, because the range is longer than your typical evades.

Second try got him to near death, and beat him the third try. It's definitely doable, and IMO easier than Bloodborne Chalice bosses like Amygdala.

And it's not like you can upgrade armor levels til AFTER you beat him. Ranged takes about 2x damage as melee. So you need like 800 defense or something to survive like a Zenax's video, which isn't achievable. You really just can't get hit.

Heard he's easy mode with Lance though.

Edit: And if it's any comfort, at least 2 of the 3 elder dragons immediately after Nergy looks like a pain in the butt for melee. Died to #2 because I was stupid and stood there when he was, in hindsight, obviously about to release a huge attack. Carted 0 times to the #3. Haven't tried #1.

Edit 2: And the fastest kill I've ever had in multiplayer was with 3 bow users and myself, a LBG. It was insane.

Was looking through some games on the PS Store and had a quick question in that I may be missing something.  I was checking out Don't Starve and I see the base game for 14.99 and Don't starve together for 14.99.  then I see the Don't starve Mega Pack for 10.79 which includes both plus all the DLC??  Am I missing something with this or has it been like this for awhile now?  I have the base game but was looking at the DLC but its actually cheaper just to buy the mega pack and get all the dlc and the don't starve together all in one shot.  I don't understand the pricing sometimes but in this instance it works out for the best for anyone interested in the game.  Promo perhaps?

Was looking through some games on the PS Store and had a quick question in that I may be missing something. I was checking out Don't Starve and I see the base game for 14.99 and Don't starve together for 14.99. then I see the Don't starve Mega Pack for 10.79 which includes both plus all the DLC?? Am I missing something with this or has it been like this for awhile now? I have the base game but was looking at the DLC but its actually cheaper just to buy the mega pack and get all the dlc and the don't starve together all in one shot. I don't understand the pricing sometimes but in this instance it works out for the best for anyone interested in the game. Promo perhaps?
For some reason the Don't Starve bundle takes into account if you have any of the DLC or base game and prices itself accordingly. I don't understand why they don't do that with every bundle on the store.

Thinking about the God Eater games. Resurrection for sure on Vita, but was thinking about getting God Eater 2 for PS4. Anyone think it'll go cheaper?

Any thoughts on The Crew: Ultimate Edition? Been eying that for a minute. Don't want to waste my 20% off code on something I'll regret buying that's not worth it.

Edit: changed last part of above sentence.

As a kid I watched digimon and enjoy me some rpgs so which of the 2 digimon games is worth buying/playing? Thanks in advance
Cyber sleuth is super long but is pretty good and has turn based gameplay similar to smt/persona series. The biggest negatives would be some boss battles/mons are dlc only/preorder stuff. Getting mons you want is super tedious due to the horrible fusion system they have that requires 2 specific stats, individual mon stats and occasionally friendship stats with other mons to do. Along with levels needing to be raised so you have to evolve then devolve repeatedly to raise their level caps. Game has a really low completion rate. Think it dropped to around 24% on vita not sure about ps4.

Lazy parts of the game were the female avatar characters dialogue is mostly copied from the males side so you get stuff like buying a gift for your girl friend and characters referring to you as he/him. There's also jpn info questions on your phone or whatever in game that you'd have to look up in a faq since you'd obviously not know the answers.

Was looking through some games on the PS Store and had a quick question in that I may be missing something. I was checking out Don't Starve and I see the base game for 14.99 and Don't starve together for 14.99. then I see the Don't starve Mega Pack for 10.79 which includes both plus all the DLC?? Am I missing something with this or has it been like this for awhile now? I have the base game but was looking at the DLC but its actually cheaper just to buy the mega pack and get all the dlc and the don't starve together all in one shot. I don't understand the pricing sometimes but in this instance it works out for the best for anyone interested in the game. Promo perhaps?
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/25/dont-starve-together-heading-to-ps4-september-13/

It's a promotion they offered when Don't Starve Together for those that own the original game to get the new game plus some extra stuff at a loyalty discount, which just never ended after a reasonable amount of time after it launched.

For some reason the Don't Starve bundle takes into account if you have any of the DLC or base game and prices itself accordingly. I don't understand why they don't do that with every bundle on the store.
It's not doing that at all. That's the special price for the bundle if you own the original game.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/25/dont-starve-together-heading-to-ps4-september-13/

It's a promotion they offered when Don't Starve Together for those that own the original game to get the new game plus some extra stuff at a loyalty discount, which just never ended after a reasonable amount of time after it launched.

It's not doing that at all. That's the special price for the bundle if you own the original game.
Thank you both for the info and the link. That is a nice deal that they have going for previous owners. think I will pick it up considering I am enjoying the original when I have some time to play.

Don't worry, I grinded a bit for armor for Nergigante, but it was pointless. Ranged will get one-shotted by the body slam and dive. You have to learn the belly flop dive or you will die, because the range is longer than your typical evades.

And it's not like you can upgrade armor levels til AFTER you beat him. Ranged takes about 2x damage as melee. So you need like 800 defense or something to survive like a Zenax's video, which isn't achievable. You really just can't get hit.
Just for the sake of clarity the video was to show off how fast fights can go once you've done them a few times, not learning him. Like I said in my other post when I first got to Nerg in the story his dang body slams were doing like 70% of my HP, it was intense. But also you will see if you keep playing past the story once you get some higher defense Nerg even as range isn't that much different than my vid. Bow is actually my second most used weapon and it still takes Nerg about 3 body slams to kill me if I don't heal between them (they hit for ~40% of my HP.) Also worth noting I haven't unlocked any sort of endgame equipment augmentation stuff yet (the items you can get from fighting tempered elder dragons.) Probably obvious but worth pointing out I guess.

Something I actually totally forgot to mention though is that I used Bazel 3 piece until I beat the game. It's an incredible set for learning monsters. The skills on the armor aren't that great other than earplugs, but the set bonus lets you survive the first attack that would kill you as long as your HP is above a certain threshold (it's about 60% when at base HP but with food buffs or nutrients it's around 40% HP.) It also refreshes itself each time you die which is awesome. I refused to drop the set bonus until I was comfortable fighting all the monsters. Best part is Bazel is pretty easy to kill, he seems intimidating at first but flash pods ruin his one mega attack and he is easily distracted by other monsters.

Just for the sake of clarity the video was to show off how fast fights can go once you've done them a few times, not learning him. Like I said in my other post when I first got to Nerg in the story his dang body slams were doing like 70% of my HP, it was intense.
I wasn't criticizing your video at all. My point was just a body slam 70% of your HP is literally 140% of a gunner's HP. It's literally impossible to survive the hit at the point he's at.

I think I can survive it now on my gunner with newer armor and +8 or so on the pieces. But it wasn't possible the first encounter.

fuck Don't Starve up its big fat fucking ass. I've put hours upon hours into it and all I have to show for it is "Day 1."

I've been wondering why I've been feeling so depressed these last few days and it's because of that game.

Any thoughts on The Crew: Ultimate Edition? Been eying that for a minute. Don't want to waste my 20% off code on something I'll regret buying that's not worth it.

Edit: changed last part of above sentence.
. It wouldn't be a waste. Definitely a fun racer with a "plot" or something. I grabbed a copy in clearance from Target a while back for about the same price and definitely got my money's worth so far.

fuck Don't Starve up its big fat fucking ass. I've put hours upon hours into it and all I have to show for it is "Day 1."

I've been wondering why I've been feeling so depressed these last few days and it's because of that game.
You are bad at that game.

No kidding!

My goal was to beat Adventure Mode, but I've made no progress over the last two days. I guess I should use another character besides Wilson, but it took me so damn long to find Maxwell's door. I'm bored of exploring these maps to little avail.

I would not mind a flash sale that includes PS3 Bayonetta with the Switch version coming out next week. I heard it was a lousy port but they patched it to run better?
Nah man, I bought the PS3 version last summer thinking the same thing but when I actually fired up the game it's immediately apparent that there are things wrong with that version. It's not unplayable or anything but holy crap. Like a week or two after I bought it the XBL version went on sale for $5 so I grabbed it and it's like night and day between the two.

The game opens with you falling out of the sky on some rubble and you fight a while on it. It was like kinda blurry and really jerky so I figured maybe it was just some sort of visual effect because I am hurtling like 100 mph through the sky to my death but when I loaded up the XBL version it became clear that entire fight was meant to be crisp, clean, and steady. I was kinda speechless, the frame rate was just that bad on the PS3 version I thought it was intentional.

Lol, got the Playstation Weekly email an hour ago and it has a banner with the words, "February's free game: Knack 2"

We had to wait years to get Knack in plus; only had to wait 1 day to get it's sequel in plus.

Sadly, the link takes you to Knack 1 and the picture in the ad appears to be from Knack 1.

. It wouldn't be a waste. Definitely a fun racer with a "plot" or something. I grabbed a copy in clearance from Target a while back for about the same price and definitely got my money's worth so far.
Well that's good to know, I'll go ahead and pick it up then. Thanks for the input.

Lol, got the Playstation Weekly email an hour ago and it has a banner with the words, "February's free game: Knack 2"

We had to wait years to get Knack in plus; only had to wait 1 day to get it's sequel in plus.

Sadly, the link takes you to Knack 1 and the picture in the ad appears to be from Knack 1.
knack.png

If enough people bitch and complain, I bet you we can get Knack 2 for that mistake, like what happened with Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Cross Buy) last month.

It would be the perfect revenge for those of us who fell for the dirty trick of buying Knack during the flash sale a couple weeks ago. I would feel no remorse.

Of course, many of us got Knack 2 free from that glitch a few months ago. That said it would be nice to have it officially on the US store.

Why is it that the PS3 version of the original WatchDogs is never part of these Ubisoft sales? I really liked that game on PS4 and want to play it again while hopefully doubling my platinum, but it is never on sale on PSN. It seems there's a Ubisoft publisher sale once a month and it's never included.

If enough people bitch and complain, I bet you we can get Knack 2 for that mistake, like what happened with Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Cross Buy) last month.

It would be the perfect revenge for those of us who fell for the dirty trick of buying Knack during the flash sale a couple weeks ago. I would feel no remorse.
Nooo! Did I miss the boat on the PS4 version of Psycho-Pass?

Why is it that the PS3 version of the original WatchDogs is never part of these Ubisoft sales? I really liked that game on PS4 and want to play it again while hopefully doubling my platinum, but it is never on sale on PSN. It seems there's a Ubisoft publisher sale once a month and it's never included.
It was on sale in the Flash Sale a few weeks ago for $5.

Yup. (Well one of them; you might have been thinking of Senran Kagura.) I might have to get it, even though I have it for Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back