PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't say it would be 2 PS4 games. I would take 2 good and 2 crappy PS4 games over the throwaway PS3 titles we've been getting for PS3 for years. But I agree with your point about PS5 and hope it's related to that.
The Polygon tweet says they confirmed with Sony that it will only be 2 PS4 games starting next February.

The Polygon tweet says they confirmed with Sony that it will only be 2 PS4 games starting next February.
Alright but still, one Bloodborne is worth more than an infinite amount of the types of PS3 PS Plus titles we've been getting for years now.

Nintendo competitive? Definitely, the Switch has shocked me with how well it has done so far.

Microsoft competitive? Ehhhh.
I don’t know whether it’s translating into sales but MS most definitely has been stepping up its game as far as customer service. I mean BC is one thing but adding free 4K enhancements to those games as well? I played the original Forza Horizon yesterday and it was stunning how it looked due to that effort. They’re also putting all new first party games in GamePass and a lot of other pro-consumer changes.

I own both systems and Sony kills with exclusives but MS with their new management has been really pro-gamer with what they’ve been doing.

I don’t know whether it’s translating into sales but MS most definitely has been stepping up its game as far as customer service. I mean BC is one thing but adding free 4K enhancements too? Putting new first party games in GamePass and a lot of other pro-consumer changes.

I own both systems and Sony kills with exclusives but MS with their new management has been really pro-gamer with what they’ve been doing.
I 100% agree with you, M$ has been much friendlier to the customer but the empirical evidence I see....tons of Xbox systems sitting in stores and PS4 and Switch always being low stocked or no stocked is not good. Every time a game goes on sale the Xbox versions stay in stock hours or days longer as well. The entire reason I got a Xbox One in the first place was to take advantage of that.

Still waiting on the Vita version of Mighty No.9... Any day now...
553a98434aa21808310057d3.jpg

I don’t know whether it’s translating into sales but MS most definitely has been stepping up its game as far as customer service. I mean BC is one thing but adding free 4K enhancements to those games as well? I played the original Forza Horizon yesterday and it was stunning how it looked due to that effort. They’re also putting all new first party games in GamePass and a lot of other pro-consumer changes.

Microsoft's hand is forced here.. they can't offer more first party titles so they have to create value elsewhere. I would wager the house that in an alternate timeline where the Xbox One was a success and Microsoft were the industry leader.. they would not be as friendly as they are.

Bloodborne was $7.99 in a recent PSN sale..
Like I said, I'm judging value in terms of the quality of the games offered. I wouldn't pay a penny for the majority of the PS3 games we've been getting. What the last few months of PS4 titles, along with the dropping of PS3 support says to me is that games I might want to play (and have not already bought) - in terms of quality - now MIGHT make an appearance on PS Plus. This offers me infinitely more value than any PS3 titles on PS Plus in years, since I haven't wanted to play any of them. I can't be the only person who feels this way.

Dropping PS3 support is a needed move.

Microsoft's hand is forced here.. they can't offer more first party titles so they have to create value elsewhere. I would wager the house that in an alternate timeline where the Xbox One was a success and Microsoft were the industry leader.. they would not be as friendly as they are.
I’m sure you may be right (although I think they were pretty pro-consumer last gen even with the 360 winning). Still I’m just saying that they are trying to be competitive. And competition is good.

Like I said, I'm judging value in terms of the quality of the games offered. I wouldn't pay a penny for the majority of the PS3 games we've been getting. What the last few months of PS4 titles, along with the dropping of PS3 support says to me is that games I might want to play (and have not already bought) - in terms of quality - now MIGHT make an appearance on PS Plus. This offers me infinitely more value than any PS3 titles on PS Plus in years, since I haven't wanted to play any of them. I can't be the only person who feels this way.
This level of corporate apology is really weird. Clearly we’re all here because we’re Sony fans, but most of us can call BS when we see it. You’re here giving them the benefit of the doubt when they really don’t deserve it. Nowhere did they say that they guaranteed a game for plus will be one “released in the last 18 months” or “has a monetary value of $x.xx”. I don’t know where your optimism is coming from, because history shows game companies (corporations in general) only have the almighty dollar in mind.

Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.
Hopefully this turns you off PSN completely and I don't have to come in here and see you whining every week.

I’m sure you may be right (although I think they were pretty pro-consumer last gen even with the 360 winning). Still I’m just saying that they are trying to be competitive. And competition is good.
Actually, they weren't. From things like denying RROD existed.. to not allowing cross play with PC and PlayStation which prevented games like Final Fantasy XI from landing on their platform.. Then the policies they tried to introduce with the Xbox One.. yeah, no.. Microsoft being pro-consumer is a very recent strategy.

Releasing hardware with a 50% failure rate and charging out the ass for proprietary add-ons like HDD upgrades and wi-fi adapters (not to mention charging for online play at a time when the competition wasn't) are not very pro consumer. They definitely turned things around by the end of the generation and they're doing a great job with the XBO ever since the disastrous launch.

Do you need to download the games on a PS3 to enable the cross buy or will I buy able to download Mighty No. 9 etc straight away from my PS4?

I don't think that game would be worth digging out the old PS3

Fair they are giving a full year notice so subscribers aren't mislead.
Seems this signals the Vita will not be supported much longer and sony will be out of the handheld market
Disappointing there won't be the extra ps4 games via crossbuy. But there are not many good ps3 games out there left that have not been part of ps plus.
Titan Souls, LittleBigPlanet 3,Tearaway, Tales from Borderlands, Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime, Abzu, Life is Strange, Just Cause 3, Downwell, Infamous Second Son, Phantom Pain
That's a solid list of titles for 2017 for ~$45-50 a year sub costs.
Not sure I understand people compaining about the value of the program.

Actually, they weren't. From things like denying RROD existed.. to not allowing cross play with PC and PlayStation which prevented games like Final Fantasy XI from landing on their platform.. Then the policies they tried to introduce with the Xbox One.. yeah, no.. Microsoft being pro-consumer is a very recent strategy.
But they have been killing it, other than their backwards compatibility thing. That has gotten more and more sparse in releases (granted I haven’t looked in a couple months). But the first party games on their game pass was a big win for the consumers. PS+ needs to do something to be more on the cutting edge and I was hoping the game pass thing would have spurred Sony to do something competitive.

Do you need to download the games on a PS3 to enable the cross buy or will I buy able to download Mighty No. 9 etc straight away from my PS4?

I don't think that game would be worth digging out the old PS3
No, once you purchase a title that is cross buy, all platforms become labeled "purchased" and you can then download the title on any available platform.. no hardware necessary.

I don't see them focusing purely on "higher quality" (aka full retail in this context) as a positive thing anyway. With only 2 free games that probably means they will focus on games with mass appeal, so you can say goodbye to any of the cooler niche games we've gotten over the years. I mean just on a personal level looking back at February's lineup the game I got the most excited for was Grand Kingdom. I doubt something like that would ever show up in the new model. 

But that said the bigger problem in my eyes is that typically retail games on plus exist solely as a way for the publisher to sell season passes/DLC. They put out the base game on plus and then put the DLC on sale. In the current model that doesn't bother me at all but if they're cutting us down to 2 games a month that practice would just look super scummy. Especially if it's something that happened every single month.

Could not agree with you more.. I never understood the appeal of getting physical games.. by the time they hit the service they have been in the bargain bin or in a PSN sale for cheap. Give me fresh downloadables any day over stale retail games.
Isn't pretty much everything we get for PS3 and Vita stale now?

I wonder what percentage of the free PS3 and Vita games even get played compared to PS4? I claim the PS3 and Vita games but haven't had a PS3 in many years. Also traded away my Vita about a year ago. I have a Playstation TV but only really use it a few times a year for remote play.

I can't imagine a large percentage of PS+ subs really care about some PS3 game from 5 years ago. Another forum I am on has a few game related threads and for the most part the 360 and PS3 threads are dead now. Most everyone moved on to either a XBox One or PS4.

But they have been killing it, other than their backwards compatibility thing. That has gotten more and more sparse in releases (granted I haven’t looked in a couple months). But the first party games on their game pass was a big win for the consumers. PS+ needs to do something to be more on the cutting edge and I was hoping the game pass thing would have spurred Sony to do something competitive.
BC has actually gotten stronger. They released four games yesterday - Forza Horizon, Crackdown, Witcher 2 and Fable Anniversary - not just as new BC games but with Xbox One X enhancements with 9x the pixel count and new options for either performance or graphics like a PC game. That’s amazing to me.

Anyway, as far as 360, now that think about the RROD thing and expensive add-ons, they probably weren’t so consumer friendly back then. I did like having BC on it however.

Regardless, it’s all good. Sony has had a killer game line up and MS is doing a lot to make their fans like their ecosystem too. Competition is a win for everyone.

I can't imagine a large percentage of PS+ subs really care about some PS3 game from 5 years ago. Another forum I am on has a few game related threads and for the most part the 360 and PS3 threads are dead now. Most everyone moved on to either a XBox One or PS4.
Even though I still play my PS3 and Vita quite a bit I actually don't disagree with your logic, I doubt many of the PS3/Vita games without cross buy get very much play time. The problem however is simply that they are taking those things away with absolutely no other (currently announced) changes. They haven't even said this will lead to higher quality PS4 games each month, that is 100% speculation on people.

I mean if you look at just the known facts right now the situation is: 1 year from now you will pay the same price for plus but get less stuff. Not hard to see why people are upset about that.

Dropping PS3 support is a needed move.
You're talking to people who buy shit games for $1 just because it's a dollar.

I don't see them focusing purely on "higher quality" (aka full retail in this context) as a positive thing anyway. With only 2 free games that probably means they will focus on games with mass appeal, so you can say goodbye to any of the cooler niche games we've gotten over the years. I mean just on a personal level looking back at February's lineup the game I got the most excited for was Grand Kingdom. I doubt something like that would ever show up in the new model.

But that said the bigger problem in my eyes is that typically retail games on plus exist solely as a way for the publisher to sell season passes/DLC. They put out the base game on plus and then put the DLC on sale. In the current model that doesn't bother me at all but if they're cutting us down to 2 games a month that practice would just look super scummy. Especially if it's something that happened every single month.
If they're putting the DLC on sale as well as giving the base game for free, how is that scummy in the slightest? I would be happy if that's how it went for the rest of Plus.

I mean if you look at just the known facts right now the situation is: 1 year from now you will pay the same price for plus but get less stuff. Not hard to see why people are upset about that.
On a site called cheapass gamers I agree. Most things increase in prices over the years. We all complained when the PS4 required PS+ to play games on line. We all complained when the price went up $10 a year. $5 (for suckers who pay full price) a month is still pretty good IMO. Back in the days of PSN on PS3 the experience was fairly crappy IMO. Online games lagged and disconnected. Chat sucked. I am glad they have improved the service over the years.

I get a lot of value out of both Live (which I got 3 years of at a ridiculously low price) and PSN which I get at a discounted price (who here pays $60 anyway). I can't worry too much about losing games I don't even have a way to play a year out.

On a site called cheapass gamers I agree. Most things increase in prices over the years. We all complained when the PS4 required PS+ to play games on line. We all complained when the price went up $10 a year. $5 (for suckers who pay full price) a month is still pretty good IMO. Back in the days of PSN on PS3 the experience was fairly crappy IMO. Online games lagged and disconnected. Chat sucked. I am glad they have improved the service over the years.

I get a lot of value out of both Live (which I got 3 years of at a ridiculously low price) and PSN which I get at a discounted price (who here pays $60 anyway). I can't worry too much about losing games I don't even have a way to play a year out.
The guy's post lays it out clearly. He doesn't care that they're taking away something he never uses, just the fact that they're taking something away. He is losing nothing in a practical sense but that's not gonna get in the way of his whining.

BC has actually gotten stronger. They released four games yesterday - Forza Horizon, Crackdown, Witcher 2 and Fable Anniversary - not just as new BC games but with Xbox One X enhancements with 9x the pixel count and new options for either performance or graphics like a PC game. That’s amazing to me.

Anyway, as far as 360, now that think about the RROD thing and expensive add-ons, they probably weren’t so consumer friendly back then. I did like having BC on it however.

Regardless, it’s all good. Sony has had a killer game line up and MS is doing a lot to make their fans like their ecosystem too. Competition is a win for everyone.
I think we can thank Sony for setting the precident of free “Pro” upgrades. It wouldn’t have been out of the question for them to do a Wii to Wii U pay to upgrade model. Thankfully that didn’t happen and we get the benefits of the more powerful hardware with only paying for the initial investment of the hardware.

I think we can thank Sony for setting the precident of free “Pro” upgrades. It wouldn’t have been out of the question for them to do a Wii to Wii U pay to upgrade model. Thankfully that didn’t happen and we get the benefits of the more powerful hardware with only paying for the initial investment of the hardware.
I agree for games from this gen. I was just blown away with doing it for games from BC. I was happy enough just to get them as BC. I am overjoyed to see them take an additional step of not only adding X enhancements but also adding a new system change for settings for those games. I never expected either one of those.

Not entirely true. Forza Horizon, Witcher 2, and Fable Anniversary were all previously bc. They just added xbox one x enhancements to those titles. Crackdown is the only new title there.

Not entirely true. Forza Horizon, Witcher 2, and Fable Anniversary were all previously bc. They just added xbox one x enhancements to those titles. Crackdown is the only new title there.
You’re right. I’m just amazed to see the X enhancements and settings change for them. That’s going the extra mile IMO.

Alright but still, one Bloodborne is worth more than an infinite amount of the types of PS3 PS Plus titles we've been getting for years now.
It is not.

Let's say that Bloodborne and R&C are the ONLY two games we get. I already have R&C and have no interest in Bloodborne.

This month is a total wash for me. Many of us already have these great games so giving them for free doesn't help.

Maybe instead they'll give one AAA and one little indie title. People aren't going to stand for that.

At least with the PSVita (or rare PS3) CrossBuy games, I get another potential PS4 game I can try.

If Sony has a large enough install base, they don't need to go out of their way to win more customers with PS+. People will buy their consoles anyway to play with their friends or play the most popular games.

I just want games that I do not already own, not AAA titles that came out 2 - 3 years ago that most of us already had played by now. 

I agree for games from this gen. I was just blown away with doing it for games from BC. I was happy enough just to get them as BC. I am overjoyed to see them take an additional step of not only adding X enhancements but also adding a new system change for settings for those games. I never expected either one of those.
I wish Sony would do “Pro” upgrades for games like Dark Cloud or Twisted Metal: Black. I understand that it’s a bit of a apples to oranges comparison but...

Sometimes it seems a bit like the Nintendo to Sega debacle of the 90’s where the Japanese heads of the company have a clearly different vision of gaming than their NA counterparts except Sony is killing it with consistently excellent games.

It is not.
Let's say that Bloodborne and R&C are the ONLY two games we get. I already have R&C and have no interest in Bloodborne.
This month is a total wash for me. Many of us already have these great games so giving them for free doesn't help.
Maybe instead they'll give one AAA and one little indie title. People aren't going to stand for that.
At least with the PSVita (or rare PS3) CrossBuy games, I get another potential PS4 game I can try.

If Sony has a large enough install base, they don't need to go out of their way to win more customers with PS+. People will buy their consoles anyway to play with their friends or play the most popular games.
"I don't like it, therefore nobody will."

The guy's post lays it out clearly. He doesn't care that they're taking away something he never uses, just the fact that they're taking something away. He is losing nothing in a practical sense but that's not gonna get in the way of his whining.
Is English not your first language? That's honestly the only thing I can assume given your clear lack of reading comprehension. I said the exact opposite of that, I still play my PS3 and Vita plenty often and always check out the plus games for those consoles when they interest me.

March 2018 PS Plus

Bloodborne, PS4
Ratchet & Clank, PS4
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

Also a year from now March 2019 ps+ subscription will be getting rid of PS3 & PS Vita ps+ games. They will only give out PS4 ps+ games.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/
PlayStation Plus is making it easy not to renew my subscription. Besides being tempted by sales I shouldn't be getting in the first place, I've played maybe 3-4 of the free games, total. Either I already own them or I have no interest in them. I bought Bloodborne: Complete Edition for $13.99 and Claire: Extended for $3.74 and still haven't played either. Ratchet will go on my backlog for the non-immediate future. It's just "meh" for me all the way around.

PlayStation Plus is making it easy not to renew my subscription. Besides being tempted by sales I shouldn't be getting in the first place, I've played maybe 3-4 of the free games, total. Either I already own them or I have no interest in them. I bought Bloodborne: Complete Edition for $13.99 and Claire: Extended for $3.74 and still haven't played either. Ratchet will go on my backlog for the non-immediate future. It's just "meh" for me all the way around.
Don't you have a backlog in the thousands of games? Perhaps spending less will be a benefit to you and you can stop working your way through a few more.

Fact is this...PlayStation plus pays for itself in discounts on sales alone. Fact is if you want stable online service through PSN and security so another breech is less likely to happen then 60 dollars(really 40 cuz you can find PSN on sale for that for a year easily enough) it really isn't that much money. And let's not go overboard and act like XBL games they give away are any better then psns because they aren't. I see the free games(which in reality are rentals as you don't own them) as a perk...the more stable online ecosystem and all the psplus discounts is the true value of plus. If you don't play online with friends then by all means don't sub to plus and save your whole 5 dollars a month( in all actuality 3.33).

For those curious, the last year of games given on the PS4 thanks to cross buy versions on the PS3/Vita being free on PS+:

10 Second Ninja, PS Vita
Curses ‘n Chaos, PS Vita
Laser Disco Defenders, PS Vita
Type:Rider, PS Vita
Neon Chrome, PS Vita
Spy Chameleon, PS Vita
Don’t Die, Mr. Robot, PS Vita
Downwell, PS Vita
We Are Doomed, PS Vita
Hatoful Boyfriend, PS Vita
Hue, PS Vita
Sky Force Anniversary, PS Vita
Dungeon Punks, PS Vita
Forma.8, PS Vita
Uncanny Valley, PS Vita
Grand Kingdom, PS Vita
Mighty No. 9, PS3
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita
Bombing Busters, PS Vita

That's a pretty significant loss on your annual subscription even if you didn't own a PS3 or Vita.

For those curious, the last year of games given on the PS4 thanks to cross buy versions on the PS3/Vita being free on PS+:

10 Second Ninja, PS Vita
Curses ‘n Chaos, PS Vita
Laser Disco Defenders, PS Vita
Type:Rider, PS Vita
Neon Chrome, PS Vita
Spy Chameleon, PS Vita
Don’t Die, Mr. Robot, PS Vita
Downwell, PS Vita
We Are Doomed, PS Vita
Hatoful Boyfriend, PS Vita
Hue, PS Vita
Sky Force Anniversary, PS Vita
Dungeon Punks, PS Vita
Forma.8, PS Vita
Uncanny Valley, PS Vita
Grand Kingdom, PS Vita
Mighty No. 9, PS3
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita
Bombing Busters, PS Vita

That's a pretty significant loss on your annual subscription even if you didn't own a PS3 or Vita.
Maybe 20% of those games are worth playing and that's being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back