PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind, my ex is coming over for some dick, probably won't finish Zombi tonight, .
I'll take "Things virgins say on video game deals forums" for $100 Alex.

My god this dude is so transparent.. he spitballs so much nonsense trying to derail the thread and make it about him.. people need to stop feeding into this bs.

I'll take "Things virgins say on video game deals forums" for $100 Alex.

My god this dude is so transparent.. he spitballs so much nonsense trying to derail the thread and make it about him.. people need to stop feeding into this bs.
😂😂😂

"People need to stop feeding into this back"

"Feeds into it"

😂😂😂 I knew people were gonna get upset.

"People need to stop feeding into this back"

"Feeds into it"

I knew people were gonna get upset.
So you admit you're a troll.. like I said.. transparent..

And my response stems from your behaviour over the past several weeks not just this particular comment, this just happened to be the one I replied to, not really feeding into your nonsense, merely highlighting it.

12 was the last FF game I bought. I never understood why it was so disliked. I enjoyed it a lot.
I’ve only played a few of the games (VII, VIII, X, XII and Tactics) and have enjoyed them all. I’ve also seen my brothers play through IX and XIII, and I can definitively say IX was my least favorite, while VII was my favorite. If I had the time, I’d love to go through the entire series I-XV personally, but I think that’s a pipe dream at this point in my life.

So you admit you're a troll.. like I said.. transparent..

And my response stems from your behaviour over the past several weeks not just this particular comment, this just happened to be the one I replied to, not really feeding into your nonsense, merely highlighting it.
Feeding into my nonsense would be insulting me and eliciting another response from me. Then you would respond to me and this conversation would keep going, "taking over the thread," and doing what you claim I am trying to do, like what is happening now.

What would be better is if you ignored me. Then my "nonsense" doesn't go past a post. But unfortunately, you got offended that I said I was going to have sex instead of play a video game. Instead of treating it like the everyday thing it was, you decided to put an emphasis on it.

Is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands worth it if you are just going to play solo?
Absolutely.

Solo - smart, tactical base infiltration, etc. Your can time your shot with your three ai teamates and carefully take down bases, etc. So much fun.

Coop - chaos. in theory you could do the above, in practice it's a hilarious mess of nonsense since someone always goes loud.

I prefer solo, but coop is a blast.

Absolutely.

Solo - smart, tactical base infiltration, etc. Your can time your shot with your three ai teamates and carefully take down bases, etc. So much fun.

Coop - chaos. in theory you could do the above, in practice it's a hilarious mess of nonsense since someone always goes loud.

I prefer solo, but coop is a blast.
Thanks for the recommendation since I would be playing solo as well. Considering just getting Wildlands with my $20 credit from Sony Rewards and saving my coupon for later instead of buying stuff I don't really need just to get the $15 back for $100 spent.

Feeding into my nonsense would be insulting me and eliciting another response from me. Then you would respond to me and this conversation would keep going, "taking over the thread," and doing what you claim I am trying to do, like what is happening now.

What would be better is if you ignored me. Then my "nonsense" doesn't go past a post. But unfortunately, you got offended that I said I was going to have sex instead of play a video game. Instead of treating it like the everyday thing it was, you decided to put an emphasis on it.
You know, you could ignore him too. Just saying.

Thought there were gonna be some sweet new deals since PSN thread was at the top. 

giphy.gif

Is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands worth it if you are just going to play solo?
I just did a bunch of research on this question because I was considering it too. It seems the answer is no. It seems the best parallel I could understand was that it was like an open world experience with none of the story. I guess imagine Fallout 4 but all you do is wander and engage in the combat (which is supposedly quite good in Wildlands). I guess some people might be down with that but it didn't sound like my cup of tea.

I just did a bunch of research on this question because I was considering it too. It seems the answer is no. It seems the best parallel I could understand was that it was like an open world experience with none of the story. I guess imagine Fallout 4 but all you do is wander and engage in the combat (which is supposedly quite good in Wildlands). I guess some people might be down with that but it didn't sound like my cup of tea.
I disagree. There is a story in Wildlands with specific missions. You don’t just walk around and start fights. If that’s all it was, I would be bored by it. But played enough solo with the 5-hour trial on Xbox One and liked it enough to buy it.

Haven’t played as much as I like but that’s a backlog / CAG issue, not the game. ;)

Because it's (ironically) hypocritical to keep pointing out how he keeps the conversation going when you're doing the same thing.
Not quite. I didn't tell everyone to not respond to someone while responding to them multiple times. I don't care if the conversation keeps going. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in telling everyone not to respond to me while he responds to me.

If it makes you guys feel better, she's 21 and I'm 33.

If I had the time, I’d love to go through the entire series I-XV personally, but I think that’s a pipe dream at this point in my life.
I don't have the time but that's what I'm doing.

1, 2, 4, 10, 12-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 15 done

0, on the final chapter

6, at the entrance to Kefka's Tower

3, 5, 7, 8, 9 all owned and cued up. 7 is next.

Sorry for not talking like a crazy person in this thread.

Because it's (ironically) hypocritical to keep pointing out how he keeps the conversation going when you're doing the same thing.
If you see a disruptive post, mark it for moderation by hitting the Report button and move on. Don't engage. You'll be doing everyone a favor by not making it more long-winded than it already is, and there'll be new deals in just a couple of minutes.

If you see a disruptive post, mark it for moderation by hitting the Report button and move on. Don't engage. You'll be doing everyone a favor by not making it more long-winded than it already is, and there'll be new deals in just a couple of minutes.
Well, in 24 hours.

Also, this is a great example of not engaging.

I've been playing quite a few emotional gut-punch games lately. Besides Rime, Firewatch and Last Day of June were incredibly meaningful experiences that have stayed with me. I finally completed Night in the Woods after the past few days and it was so weird and strangely relevant to me; I'm not sure how most people feel about that game, but I related to it in a deep, personal way. Video games can be such a powerful story-telling medium.

I'm planning on playing Oxenfree, The Town of Light, Dear Esther and What Remains of Edith Finch later on this month. Since it's a slow day, does anyone have other recommendations for emotional, "art house" and/or unique indies like these?
Haven't heard of Town of Light, but the others you mentioned are all great. Some others that come to mind are Life is Strange and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Both of them have their detractors, but I absolutely loved LiS and thought Rapture was pretty good.

I think they're PC only, but To the Moon and Beginner's Guide are both really good and in this style.

Also, these are slightly different genres, but I'd recommend Walking Dead season 1 and Brothers as both being real gut punches.

I don't have the time but that's what I'm doing.
1, 2, 4, 10, 12-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 15 done
0, on the final chapter
6, at the entrance to Kefka's Tower

3, 5, 7, 8, 9 all owned and cued up. 7 is next.

Sorry for not talking like a crazy person in this thread.
Impressive! I’m going to use you as inspiration...I’m going to try and jump back on the FF horse and play through all of them. It may be at the expense of my five-months-pregnant wife and future daughter, but damn it, she knew what she was getting into when she married me!

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know of any affordable studio apartments in the greater Los Angeles area that aren’t infested with rats/roaches? Asking for a friend that DEFINITELY isn’t future me. [emoji16][emoji28]🤣

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ok can someone recommend Banner Saga?  I have been eyeing it up for some time now but wanted to know if anyone has any experience in playing through them.  As you know they currently have both 1 and 2 plus the Survival Mode for 18.99 which seems like a pretty good price for everything.  I might just end up getting them but was hoping for some input from someone who has played them.  Thanks in advance!

Wow! It goes for that much?! Mine is also still sealed.
I saw it on my shelf and knew I would never play it. To be completely honest, I forgot I had it. Figured I would check eBay and saw that one had just sold for $130 with free shipping. I said "fuck it" and threw it up on eBay with a $150 BiN and a auto sell at $130 (which I fucked up on). Dude offered $110, I countered $145, he then countered $130 and it auto sold lol. I probably could have gotten $140 easily but I can't really complain. But yes, it does sell for that much. If you don't care about physical, I recommend slanging it and just playing the digital copy. Easily 200% profit return on that shit.

Ok can someone recommend Banner Saga? I have been eyeing it up for some time now but wanted to know if anyone has any experience in playing through them. As you know they currently have both 1 and 2 plus the Survival Mode for 18.99 which seems like a pretty good price for everything. I might just end up getting them but was hoping for some input from someone who has played them. Thanks in advance!
Both fantastic games. I suck at the strategy part but the story and characters are top notch.

Love your avatar.

Ok can someone recommend Banner Saga? I have been eyeing it up for some time now but wanted to know if anyone has any experience in playing through them. As you know they currently have both 1 and 2 plus the Survival Mode for 18.99 which seems like a pretty good price for everything. I might just end up getting them but was hoping for some input from someone who has played them. Thanks in advance!
I played through the first one and loved it. The combat had a nice spin on some basic turn based small scale fighting. The difficulty in the game was also just right for me: a little hard, but never overwhelming.

I have the second and for some reason can't motivate myself to play it. I think partially it's that I've completely forgotten the story and can't decide whether to do a second playthrough of the first. When I finished it the first time I liked it so much that I assumed I would do a second playthrough and try to get more of the achievements, but I started it up once and didn't feel like going through all that story again. I also worry that if I play the second I'll completely forget what happens by the time 3 comes out. I hear it's a trilogy and the story won't have any wrap-up until 3.

The second one recaps what happened in the first game, and you can choose what choices you made in the first game, sort of. So then the second game continues from there. But I couldn't bring myself to finish even one of the games since there's rarely any good options - it's usually a choice of bad and worse options. Towards the end of the game, you'll be fighting some seriously tough battles, and my party members were always injured so I was always starting every battle at a disadvantage.

Haven't heard of Town of Light, but the others you mentioned are all great. Some others that come to mind are Life is Strange and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Both of them have their detractors, but I absolutely loved LiS and thought Rapture was pretty good.

I think they're PC only, but To the Moon and Beginner's Guide are both really good and in this style.

Also, these are slightly different genres, but I'd recommend Walking Dead season 1 and Brothers as both being real gut punches.
Thank you for actually replying. Walking Dead and Life is Strange are two of my favorite games ever. I also really enjoyed Brothers. I'm looking forward to picking up Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter) next time it's on sale. I've heard of both To the Moon and The Beginner's Guide, but haven't played them yet. I've only played the demo of Town of Light so far, but it is on sale for $10 till tomorrow.

PSA: The Life is Strange: Before the Storm Bonus Episode is available download for those who purchased the deluxe edition!
Oh, fuck yeah! Perfect timing. Thanks for the heads up, man.

First time I've ever taken advantage of the get $15 for spending $100 promo and ended up converting a lot of physical to digital thanks to gamestop trade in bonuses.  Here's my haul:

Fifa 18

Nex Machina

Dying Light Enhanced Edition

Mortal Kombat XL

Pyre

Horizon Zero Dawn complete

Grand Theft Auto III

What Remains of Edith Finch

Still on the fence about Gravity Rush 2

So for the spend $100 get $15 back we have till the end of Tuesday night correct? So anything on sale tomorrow would count?
Yep that's right. I've done the same thing before, buying stuff among two store updates/sales. Just make sure to do it tomorrow afternoon/evening before the deadline.

Wanted to throw my experience in on this. Buddy and I have about 80 hours coop into this one (we are doing everything) and have been enjoying it. Once you start getting a few abilities it does get pretty easy. We are just now working our way through the most difficult zones (5 star difficult zones).

Sorry if it's been posted amongst the Snapchat dudebro stuff but how does it tally the $100 you spend? I had $9 wallet balance to start, and would be looking to combine that with a PSN card from GameStop for like $50, and the rest from PayPal to get me over $100. Will it all count?

Sorry if it's been posted amongst the Snapchat dudebro stuff but how does it tally the $100 you spend? I had $9 wallet balance to start, and would be looking to combine that with a PSN card from GameStop for like $50, and the rest from PayPal to get me over $100. Will it all count?
It boils down to spending the $100. You can load your account with as much money as you want, but it won’t count towards the promo until you spend the money on a game or service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back