PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vita ffx/x2 hd, yes or no?

I've beat xiii and xv, but have only touched a bunch of the earlier ones , never full playthroughs [even vii].   i think i may even have played some of x on ps2... i remember a cave, and complex skill system spheres?  maybe?  

anyway, is this worth picking up at this price?

Monster Hunter World is now officially Capcom's best selling title, with 7.5 million units shipped. I feel like when you have a game that doesn't hold player's hands, with deep and complex gameplay mechanics and systems, surpassing Capcom's previous best seller--a rote action set-piece third person shooter--that qualifies as a huge moment for videogaming.

Are we finally going to see crapfest Ubi open-world games dethroned and enter an era of best-selling games being actually good games that focus on solid core gameplay mechanics?
God, I hope so, but I don't think it's not heading that way. Especially with the "live service" games being pushed ala Anthem...

I'm not sure if you're a fan of Jim Sterling, but his most recent Jimquisition was about how jam-packed full of content Yakuza's open worlds are for being smaller maps as compared to how empty/lacking variation the Watch/Assassin's/Cry's are as of late.

Interested in checking out Mighty No. 9, looks like it would be fun. Any thoughts/opinions from anyone who has played it?
I bought it a while back. I have little history with Mega Man and didn't back the kickstarter so I came in with a blank slate - I didn't like it. I felt the level design was a pretty meh, it was insanely cheap at some points and I just didn't like it at all.

I bought it a while back. I have little history with Mega Man and didn't back the kickstarter so I came in with a blank slate - I didn't like it. I felt the level design was a pretty meh, it was insanely cheap at some points and I just didn't like it at all.
Saw the screenshots and it reminded me of Mega Man a bit. I've never played the MM games as I don't have any interest in the series. Like I said before I'm glad I asked beforehand. Thanks for the input.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4, online only) is the game to avoid.

Edit: Picking up both Dissidia FF games for PSP/Vita, Tomb Raider Digital Edition (PS3) and Life is Strange: Complete Season (PS3).
I hope you didn’t get both dissidia games for psp/vita because I believe the 2nd game has the original games campaign as well. So it’s basically dissidia 1 and 2. But I’ll double check.

Edit: yes, dissidia 012 has the original story and an additional story that fills in the plot holes from the first game. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/605802-dissidia-012-duodecim-final-fantasy/answers/280091-does-this-game-contain-the-plot-from-dissidia

Monster Hunter World is now officially Capcom's best selling title, with 7.5 million units shipped. I feel like when you have a game that doesn't hold player's hands, with deep and complex gameplay mechanics and systems, surpassing Capcom's previous best seller--a rote action set-piece third person shooter--that qualifies as a huge moment for videogaming.

Are we finally going to see crapfest Ubi open-world games dethroned and enter an era of best-selling games being actually good games that focus on solid core gameplay mechanics?
This is amazing news and I’m happy to see this great niche series finally break into the mainstream in the West.

But no this won’t change game practices overall. This isn’t the first. It might inspire some changes and you’ll see some good games come from this success but it isn’t the first time this has happened.

Dark souls did it years ago and while that game certainly impacted the industry with its wide success, by and large many companies didn’t change how games were made.

Saw the screenshots and it reminded me of Mega Man a bit. I've never played the MM games as I don't have any interest in the series. Like I said before I'm glad I asked beforehand. Thanks for the input.
There's no reason not to grab the games since they're free for PS+ anyway. Whether you play it or not is another thing.

God, I hope so, but I don't think it's not heading that way. Especially with the "live service" games being pushed ala Anthem...

I'm not sure if you're a fan of Jim Sterling, but his most recent Jimquisition was about how jam-packed full of content Yakuza's open worlds are for being smaller maps as compared to how empty/lacking variation the Watch/Assassin's/Cry's are as of late.
Yeah his post made me think of that cool video Jim made about Yakuza

Man, I'm at $54.98 after Nier: Automata and Nioh: Complete Edition.

I need to spend $45.02 more in the next 9 hours in order to get $15 back.

Question for more informed PlayStation fans:

What on-sale PS4 exclusive game should I be looking at?  Or should I just pre-order God of War / Yakuza 6 / Detroit and call it a day?

Love me some Yakuza 0; read that import fans were disappointed in Yakuza 6.

What on-sale PS4 exclusive game should I be looking at? Or should I just pre-order God of War / Yakuza 6 / Detroit and call it a day?

Horizon zero dawn. Bloodborne is my go to recommendation but it’s free this month on ps+ so.... get it for nothing.

There's no reason not to grab the games since they're free for PS+ anyway. Whether you play it or not is another thing.
Pretty much.

I think I am actually going to download and play Mighty No. 9 myself though. As someone who played a lot of Mega Man in his youth I want to see this mess in action.

Alright, I made my $100 purchases buying several games that I may never get to. I have 3 TB on my PS4 (internal + external), filled up to brim. Now, I have to delete the games that I have never played to install the newly bought games that I'll never play.  :D/

Horizon zero dawn. Bloodborne is my go to recommendation but it’s free this month on ps+ so.... get it for nothing.
I have Horizon: Zero Dawn. Haven't played it, but that Complete edition has been on sale at great prices. :)

And its cool that Bloodborne is now a PS+ game! (Now where's my PS4 Pro patch?)

I'm not usually a JRPG guy, but - having already owned lots of Square games on Steam - I think my options are JPRGs or pre-orders.

This is amazing news and I’m happy to see this great niche series finally break into the mainstream in the West.

But no this won’t change game practices overall. This isn’t the first. It might inspire some changes and you’ll see some good games come from this success but it isn’t the first time this has happened.

Dark souls did it years ago and while that game certainly impacted the industry with its wide success, by and large many companies didn’t change how games were made.
i'll quit playing games if Dark Souls or Monster Hunter becomes the norm

Vita ffx/x2 hd, yes or no?

I've beat xiii and xv, but have only touched a bunch of the earlier ones , never full playthroughs [even vii]. i think i may even have played some of x on ps2... i remember a cave, and complex skill system spheres? maybe?

anyway, is this worth picking up at this price?
Yes it's worth it, but if you can do so I'd advise you get it on a console or PC so you can see everything better. Even on the PS2 the game had some pretty stunning visuals and beautiful aesthetic regardless of the jagged geometry. The Vita version works fine and is worth it on its own, but if you've got a bigger screen to play on you'll get a better view, is all.

The game itself has some of the best battle mechanics in the FF series, hands-down the best minigame in Blitzball, possibly the best OST, and despite some goofy-sounding voice acting has a great story and interesting character interactions. I also think the protagonist has one of the most interesting character arcs in the series as well, but you'll hear some mixed feelings on that depending on who you ask. It's pretty linear but you'll hardly feel it. It avoids the "hallway" feeling of XIII by giving you a lot to do in any given area. NPCs to talk to, minigames to play, advances in story, etc. It's my favorite FF and a great choice for someone not too familiar with FF in general as you say.

i'll quit playing games if Dark Souls or Monster Hunter becomes the norm
I'm with you. I like Ubisoft open world games. Why can't we all have all types of games? I'm an adult with a family and kids. I am not going to be beating my head against a game for days on end. I play games to relax. Open world games are easy and they relax me. If you like deathly hard games that's great but don't take away my games. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What on-sale PS4 exclusive game should I be looking at? Or should I just pre-order God of War / Yakuza 6 / Detroit and call it a day?

If you like Final Fantasy, maybe check out XII. The Zodiac Age was a great game, at least to me. But I love all of the FF games.

I hope you didn’t get both dissidia games for psp/vita because I believe the 2nd game has the original games campaign as well. So it’s basically dissidia 1 and 2. But I’ll double check.

Edit: yes, dissidia 012 has the original story and an additional story that fills in the plot holes from the first game. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/605802-dissidia-012-duodecim-final-fantasy/answers/280091-does-this-game-contain-the-plot-from-dissidia
Well you just saved me $5, thanks for the research and reply. I'll pick up 012 duodecim only.

My problem with that is I don't want to download games I know I won't play or won't like. I can save that HDD space for games that I will like and play.

My problem with that is I don't want to download games I know I won't play or won't like. I can save that HDD space for games that I will like and play.
Yeah, you just have to claim them and check out and it should be in your library from now on (or as long as you keep PS+). Download is always optional.

---

By the way, I know the buy $100, get $15 promotion ends tonight and the code should be sent "on or before March 16," but has it always taken that long in the past? I already reached my quota last week, I'm hoping to see the credit pretty soon.

You don't have to download them.
Fair enough, I'm just picky about what games I'll claim each month. Seems crazy I know, I'm just wired that way.

Edit: budarc, after I posted my reply to frisky, I snapped that I don't have to actually download them. Just to claim them if I so choose.

Dirt Rally VR DLC $6.49
I Expect you to Die $7.49
Pinball FX2 VR $7.49
Pinball FX2 VR Season Pass $12.49
Pinball FX2 VR Walking Dead $2.99
Ultrawings $18.74
Archangel $8.99
Nioh Complete $24.99
Mortal Kombat XL $9.99
Monster of the Deep $14.99
Total $114.65. Bought Arkham VR, Eagle Flight, Superhot VR, and Invisible Hours before the 100/15 was announced.

Seems like PS pussed out.
this is the stupidest thing ever, the jokes are funny when played out in something make believe like a video game but sane people will know you don't do it in real life... seeing it on a video game does not mean people will do the crude jokes in real life... this sucks because watching the game was the hardest i've ever laughed at a video game, my friend wanted to play it too.

I'll also get Drakengard 3. The last time it was on sale I saw people saying Nier: Automata fans should check it out. Right now I'm playing Nier, and I'm loving it. Though I also heard Drakengard 3 is kind of rough around the edges.
I couldn't get very far into Drakengard 3 due to the main character being one of the most unlikable in any game I've ever played. If the dragon devoured her and the game ended in the very first chapter, I would have been happy.

I heard that about Setsuna. I played the lost sphere switch demo and liked it. Either way those games we're super overpriced and I'm not buying until less than $15.

I really liked I Am Setsuna but Lost Sphear failed to grab me. I keep meaning to go back and finish it but I always end up wanting to play something else more.

I'm with you. I like Ubisoft open world games. Why can't we all have all types of games? I'm an adult with a family and kids. I am not going to be beating my head against a game for days on end. I play games to relax. Open world games are easy and they relax me. If you like deathly hard games that's great but don't take away my games. Ugh.

I wouldn't call Monster Hunter World a hard game outside of two or three particular hunts with only one of them being required to finish the story. There's somewhat of a learning curve but the difficulty can't be compared with a Souls game.

this is the stupidest thing ever, the jokes are funny when played out in something make believe like a video game but sane people will know you don't do it in real life... seeing it on a video game does not mean people will do the crude jokes in real life... this sucks because watching the game was the hardest i've ever laughed at a video game, my friend wanted to play it too.
I'm with you, man. There is always this ridiculous stigma against "adult" games which will seemingly never end. Of course, you can get the most graphic, tasteless violence ever in any game, but the bigwigs balk at the first sign of skin or political incorrectness. I was really looking forward to this, it seems pretty unique and the PC version boasts 11 hours of FMV content, 520 choices, multiple endings, etc. Plus I'm lonely af.

Hmm. If Kingdom Hearts was as cheap now as it was on Black Friday, I'd have my $100 easily.

Not sure what to get for ~$20 instead (or whether I should let this one go).

Seems to me that the creator is a dick:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17058040/super-seducer-iampattyjack-dmca-takedown

No reason why all the different types of games can’t coexist. I’m all for choices and competition for my gaming time and money.

The world don’t move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you might not be right for some.

i just heard about the game now, i would buy it immediately

Hmm, this article was in the sidebar. Maybe I spoke too soon?

BoxGif_RD_large.gif

INSIDE Collector’s Edition (?)

420d733092a8b19e21bd3a77e6141187c8bf719d36c58685328d13a3f0f53388.jpg

30$ for a FF game that’s a remaster of a 10+ year old game seems really steep to me....
Well to be fair this version of the game was never released outside of Japan and it made some pretty big changes to the core gameplay (that were much needed.) Also it pushed the PS2 hardware to its absolute maximum to the point the gameplay suffered because of it (in particular with magic.)

Honestly think the ps4 version is a no-brainer even at full price.

30$ for a FF game that’s a remaster of a 10+ year old game seems really steep to me....
Perhaps to some, but I had really good memories of playing it on PS2, and I never got to finish it due to a corrupted memory card save back then and I never felt like restarting it. Then I got it on PS4 and played the hell out of it.

Been waiting to grab Dragon Quest Heroes after getting the sequel for $16 with GCU from Best Buy not long ago. Of course it finally goes on sale on PSN and the price is higher now than it was the last time it was on sale. Lovely.

Does anyone know how Adventures of Mana is on Vita compared to Android? Wondering resolution-wise, controls, etc. Not sure how it'd look on a Galaxy S8 and whether or not its buggy and how it controls.

WHY??? ... did I checkout with $2.32 left to purchase before getting to $100 this week ... PSN's CC backend verification system is already melting down. :shock: :bomb: :hot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back