PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, here's probably a dumb question, maybe. My gf and my accounts are both on the same console. Many moons ago, I accidentally purchased Bloodborne through her account and that's where I spent my play time. If I buy the dlc through my account, will both cooperate?

Um, here's probably a dumb question, maybe. My gf and my accounts are both on the same console. Many moons ago, I accidentally purchased Bloodborne through her account and that's where I spent my play time. If I buy the dlc through my account, will both cooperate?
If not, its free on PS+ right now.

^This 100%. The game gets a lot of grief because Trico doesn't do exactly what you tell it asap when you want it. It has a mind of its own, which was done intentionally because you're supposed to be interacting with a creature with its own intelligence that is also exploring the world as the player is.

Realism is apparently lost on the general masses.
When realism gets in the way of playability then I can do without it. In my video games, I want my horse, creature, etc. to do exactly what I want it to do at the exact moment I input the command. I haven't played Last Guardian but the horse in Shadow of the Colossus is maddening.

When realism gets in the way of playability then I can do without it. In my video games, I want my horse, creature, etc. to do exactly what I want it to do at the exact moment I input the command. I haven't played Last Guardian but the horse in Shadow of the Colossus is maddening.
Haha, if you think Argo is bad, you’re in for a treat.

Trico is different, it seems more alive and intelligent. Argo is just plain dumb sometimes.

Haha, if you think Argo is bad, you’re in for a treat.

Trico is different, it seems more alive and intelligent. Argo is just plain dumb sometimes.
You mean Agro? :razz:

abacd36c67c9706edecf24ab4aa03e65-d6x3wkj.jpg

The thing about TLG is that you forge an emotional bond with the creature and him going off and doing his own thing from time to time kind of lends to his finicky personality. There aren't many games where I legitimately felt sad when it was over because I wouldn't get to see my friend anymore.

On the other hand, if I was going for that speedrun trophy, I would be p i s s e d.

Given how important controls are in video gaming in general, it’s interesting how much slack SOC and TLG are cut in that dept. Yeah some of it may be intentional, but even when you’re controlling just the boy the controls are not tight. And if the intentional control choices made for the beasts you interact with make the game frustrating to play, that’s on the designer. When I think of a game being challenging I want it to demand precision of me, not lucking out and having the game decide to accept my controller input on a random whim.

Plus the camera still kind of sucks.

These games are beautiful and have a very unique vibe. Just wish they’d bring on someone with a better understanding of modern game design in terms of controls and camera.

Alright Sega, is this just the Genesis collections you already have on Steam combined into one? Because if it is I’m going to be disappointed.

Could anyone recommend any ATELIER game for VITA for someone like me that never play or heard of atelier? I became more and more interested of youtube videos, they look great and seem to play great.

Doesn't seem like it will have much to offer over Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (49 games with unlockables). It's going to depend on how much over 50 it is.

Could anyone recommend any ATELIER game for VITA for someone like me that never play or heard of atelier? I became more and more interested of youtube videos, they look great and seem to play great.
I've played at least some of all of them. Generally speaking, I think they've improved a little with each iteration. There have been some quality of life improvements over the years and I think their characterizations have gotten better. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, though I will say that Sophie and Firis are my least favorite because of some over simplified mechanics and characters I personally found annoying. Escha & Logy and Shallie were my favorites.

You can't go wrong with the "original" trilogy too and it looks like they've now packaged them all together:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-NPUB50351_00-ARLANDTRILOGYPLU

These games go on sale a couple of times a year. I think 50% off is the lowest they go, but I could be wrong. Make sure you have the storage space! None of these are tiny.

I'd recommend starting with Rorona Plus. Totori runs relatively badly on Vita, but is easier time sense wise for completing stuff. I really haven't played the Dusk Trilogy on, but the Vita versions always have some performance issues. It was likely worse in Totori, and maybe got better with the later ones (I get those on PS4).

I lost interest in the series myself with some of the games seeming way too similar to the others, and now that it's a yearly series, it's probably exactly like this.

You can't go wrong with the "original" trilogy too and it looks like they've now packaged them all together:

These games go on sale a couple of times a year. I think 50% off is the lowest they go, but I could be wrong. Make sure you have the storage space! None of these are tiny.
Atelier Iris?

Atelier_Iris.jpg

Outside of Japan, anyways.

Or

Mana_Khemia_Cover.jpg

And they hit about $15.99 every once in a blue moon.

I wish they would have continued the Mana Khemia games. They were a little bland sometimes, but were a nice diversion. Am I the only one getting bored of the Atelier iterations?

Well, there's not a lot of modern versions of traditional JRPGs these days.

Edit: I should add, if you're not a fan of Idea Factory games.

Yeah thats the thing with me, I love JRPGs but Idea Factory games for the most part I can't get into. I kept buying them up until about a year ago and never really had a great time with one, I kept thinking back to the heyday of JRPGs in the PS1/2 era and just decided I'd be better off playing classics I had missed over the years (it also prompted me to get into handheld gaming more as there is often a richer JRPG landscape).

Alright Sega, is this just the Genesis collections you already have on Steam combined into one? Because if it is I’m going to be disappointed.
It's most likely just going to be the collection they have on Steam. I don't know what other Genesis games that Sega made that it would be lacking.

Here’s a list for the Sega collection that gamergirlpocket posted on the XBL thread. Not sure if it’s the same as the Steam one. As she also noted it is missing some Sonic games like Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Columns III: Revenge of Columns
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Galaxy Force II
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker
Light Crusader
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier II
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
The Revenge of Shinobi
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
ToeJam& Earl
Vectorman
VectorMan 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Wonder Boy in Monster World

Hmmm... Sounds like this is the perfect time to make my 15 year comeback and corner the market with RPG Maker games, mwahahahaha!

I've played at least some of all of them. Generally speaking, I think they've improved a little with each iteration. There have been some quality of life improvements over the years and I think their characterizations have gotten better. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, though I will say that Sophie and Firis are my least favorite because of some over simplified mechanics and characters I personally found annoying. Escha & Logy and Shallie were my favorites.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-NPUB50351_00-ARLANDTRILOGYPLU

Thanks. I already have a 32GB card so no problem.

I'd recommend starting with Rorona Plus. Totori runs relatively badly on Vita, but is easier time sense wise for completing stuff. I really haven't played the Dusk Trilogy on, but the Vita versions always have some performance issues. It was likely worse in Totori, and maybe got better with the later ones (I get those on PS4).

I lost interest in the series myself with some of the games seeming way too similar to the others, and now that it's a yearly series, it's probably exactly like this.
Thanks. Im still in doubt which game I should play 1st as I never ever played any and I really dont know what to expect.
Will try to read more.

Thanks both

Hmmm... Sounds like this is the perfect time to make my 15 year comeback and corner the market with RPG Maker games, mwahahahaha!
Do you really make RPG Maker games? I'd be interested in checking out your work. I'm always surprised more indie games aren't made with it. The most famous is the To The Moon series, then I'm hard-pressed to think of the next successful game made with it.

I guess that depends on what you consider modern. RPG Maker MV came out two years ago, that's pretty modern. I always thought of JRPGs as narrative-heavy, 2D/Sprite based games like the ones I grew up, such as Final Fantasy 4. Whereas I think of modern basically being how nice the graphics are, not necessarily 3D (if that's where you see RPGM not being modern.) The recent Wonderboy: The Monster Trap remaster is still 2D and the exact same game right down to the hitboxes, but the breathtakingly beautiful graphics make it modern.

Do you really make RPG Maker games? I'd be interested in checking out your work. I'm always surprised more indie games aren't made with it. The most famous is the To The Moon series, then I'm hard-pressed to think of the next successful game made with it.
I made about five RPGs between 1997 and 2001 on the old Kyle Quest RPG engine. It was very much like RPG Maker, except the KQ engine ran on PalmOS handheld systems. I kinda got back into making games a couple years ago with RPG Maker VXa and remade my first game from 1997, as well as a brand new adventure, but I never publically released them because I never considered them finished (due to using stock graphics for everything buy the main characters, and knock-off monster graphics. ) I did a Let's Play of both games with my local indie game dev group last year, so video of it is out there at the moment, but no formal release yet. :(

I guess that depends on what you consider modern. RPG Maker MV came out two years ago, that's pretty modern. I always thought of JRPGs as narrative-heavy, 2D/Sprite based games like the ones I grew up, such as Final Fantasy 4. Whereas I think of modern basically being how nice the graphics are, not necessarily 3D (if that's where you see RPGM not being modern.) The recent Wonderboy: The Monster Trap remaster is still 2D and the exact same game right down to the hitboxes, but the breathtakingly beautiful graphics make it modern.
Something like Persona 5 is extremely modern, but a traditional RPG with heavy narration.

Some stuff on sale I'm interested in, but I should probably hold off for now. I adopted a dog last week and he's been keeping me busy and on my toes pretty constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back