PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How delusional do you have to be to voice politics in a position like that? If I made a game/movie/album etc I wouldn’t say a word on politics. I mean what good comes from it? You might make 10 people buy your game because of it, but you’re going to alienate thousands.
Ok, I take issue with some of what you said about artists not being able to express their own personal views on politics. I am 40 now, but in my late teens and early and mid 20's, I was in a hardcore/punk band and we intentionally performed songs that discussed issues such as environmental pollution, income inequality, racism, abuses of power, human rights,and many other issues. And we did so in hopes of having a positive impact in our small net punk community. But politics and hardcore punk go together like peanut butter and jelly as that was one of the founding basis for the music to begin with in terms of screaming out against so called societal norms and abuses of capitalism. Music as a form of protest has a long history. Rock N Roll would not exist without the blues which consisted of singing about the burden of socio-economic issues and being a black man in a segregated society.

As far as the gamergate or the alt-right having an issue with 2064: Read Only Memories, who cares what those ignorant racist and homophobic assholes think.

Ok, I take issue with some of what you said about artists not being able to express their own personal views on politics. I am 40 now, but in my late teens and early and mid 20's, I was in a hardcore/punk band and we intentionally performed songs that discussed issues such as environmental pollution, income inequality, racism, abuses of power, human rights,and many other issues. And we did so in hopes of having a positive impact in our small net punk community. But politics and hardcore punk go together like peanut butter and jelly as that was one of the founding basis for the music to begin with in terms of screaming out against so called societal norms and abuses of capitalism. Music as a form of protest has a long history. Rock N Roll would not exist without the blues which consisted of singing about the burden of socio-economic issues and being a black man in a segregated society.

As far as the gamergate or the alt-right having an issue with 2064: Read Only Memories, who cares what those ignorant racist and homophobic assholes think.
Well said.

i think you usually get a code...

Anyone actually get their's yet?
I just turned on my system, fully expecting to see the credit, but no dice. Are they going to wait until 11:59pm or what?

I have an unrelated question for those who have opened PSN accounts in other regions. In order to buy content from the respective store, you have to use prepaid cards, right? Not possible to pay via CC or PP? On that note, is there a good place to get discounted PSN credit in a correct denomination (let's say, uh, $104HKD). Or does anyone here have any to sell? Asking for a frie...oh wait, I can't use that as an alibi.

I have received $15 PSN code by email actually... And it does show 3/30 deadline to use it but the code seems like the usual PSN code (AAAA-AAAA-AAAA), which made me think that, as long as I redeem it to my account before 3/30, I might be able to keep it and use it even in April... Am I totally mistaken here? Did anyone receive through email?

I have received $15 PSN code by email actually... And it does show 3/30 deadline to use it but the code seems like the usual PSN code (AAAA-AAAA-AAAA), which made me think that, as long as I redeem it to my account before 3/30, I might be able to keep it and use it even in April... Am I totally mistaken here? Did anyone receive through email?
The code expires. Once you redeem it, there is nothing left to expire. The money stays in your wallet until you spend it.

I haven't played a Sonic game since the original Genesis. Everytime I heard about the through the years they were always bad.

I stand corrected and hope people enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Funny enough Sonic Mania looks, plays, and sounds like a Genesis game on steroids. It really is a homage to the original series.

I'm buying this even though I have the digital version.

It's annoying to me, since I like to play games in a series in release order, and Rogue is the next one on my list. So I'm very much behind in AC games and anxiously waiting for this one to come out so I can resume the series. But I absolutely hate the idea of paying more than $20 for a non-physical game and especially buying one at full price. So I don't know if I'd end up biting the bullet or putting the game off even more months.
Well, according to today's "The Drop", it looks like Assassin's Creed: Rogue is digital-only. Total bummer. :(

So is The Stick of Truth gonna let me down since I’ve been loving FbW as much as I have been? I keep thinking I’m near the end of the game and it keeps pumping out awesomeness...

Got my 15 last night. I had 2 bucks in my wallet still so I snagged RE:Origins bundle. Been probably a decade since I’ve played 0

Grabbed Nier and Darksiders with my $15 credit for a total of $19. So happy that my Nier save carried over to digital, I really didn't want to start all the way from the beginning again. Also, Darksiders Remastered looks and plays damn good.

Thanks. I already have a 32GB card so no problem.

Thanks. Im still in doubt which game I should play 1st as I never ever played any and I really dont know what to expect.
Will try to read more.

Thanks both
people typically say ayesha to play first since it is easier for people new to the series. imo its alright but has a really weak cast. And the airheaded ditz ayesha isn't what one looks for in a protagonist. Regina would have made a better lead. She is far more likable and besides the owner she is one of the few characters to even get a backstory.

Pana needs a spinoff dammit.

Oh and rorona plus hwas a physical ps3 version so I highly rec going that route for it assuming you pick up the arland trilogy. Generally rorona is the least recd title of both its trilogy and the series. I have only played ayesha so I cant comment to the quality of arland.

If you are interested in sacrificing the plus content you could pick up all the ps3 versions of the series far cheaper than the plus versions and they all run better.

Anyone see any hidden gems in this sale?

My recomendation is The Castle Game if you like tower defense or castle building. Watch some vids, if it looks like youll like it you will.

Also siralim if you dont need a game to look fancy. Colllect monsters and take them to battle while you build your base.

And of course crimsonland if you like dual stick shooters.

Any others?

So is The Stick of Truth gonna let me down since I’ve been loving FbW as much as I have been? I keep thinking I’m near the end of the game and it keeps pumping out awesomeness...

Got my 15 last night. I had 2 bucks in my wallet still so I snagged RE:Origins bundle. Been probably a decade since I’ve played 0
I think I actually liked Stick of Truth more than The Fractured But Whole. They're both solid, enjoyable games but SoT definitely was the funnier of the two in my opinion.

Any impressions of verdun? I’ve listened to Dan carlins WW 1 podcast series 3-4 times and WW1 is so interesting that I’m drawn to the game but man does it look second rate...

Anyone see any hidden gems in this sale?

My recomendation is The Castle Game if you like tower defense or castle building. Watch some vids, if it looks like youll like it you will.

Also siralim if you dont need a game to look fancy. Colllect monsters and take them to battle while you build your base.

And of course crimsonland if you like dual stick shooters.

Any others?
I would love to hear from other CAGs about what PS4-exclusives that are on sale that I should be looking at.

Even with all these titles, I'm still not sure what to buy with my $15 - seeing how I already bought Nier and Nioh two weeks ago just to get to the $100 threshold anyway.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is infuriating, especially for someone with no natural sense of direction like me.

(RANT ahead)

Let me preface this by saying that I like the "walking simulator" genre. I don't have a problem with the slow pace or lack of interactivity; I realize that it's story-based and that's what I enjoy about it. I've been obsessed with the genre lately and Firewatch is probably the best that I've played so far.

I also realize that The Chinese Room created the first recognized walking sim with Dear Esther -- a game I played for the first time yesterday. Even though the narrative is nonsensical poetic and the game is very short (although I still managed to get lost a few times), I thought it looked great and had an interesting air about it. Rapture has been called a "spiritual successor" to Esther so that's why I decided to follow up with it today.

So the game starts and I'm enjoying the sparse narrative. I'm playing at my own pace and exploring all the locations (it's more of an open world title unlike Esther). Then the game freezes and locks up and I'm forced to restart. That's when I realized that the game doesn't save after you come across each "story point" -- it only does it at certain, infrequent checkpoints. 

I'm struggling to remember what I had already done and trying to recreate it. I play for a couple more hours and then I'm lost. The glowing orbs of light have disappeared and I don't know where I've been or where I'm going. I feel like I'm traveling around in circles and I'm not triggering any more story points. The exasperating thing is that I'm wandering this entire map at an extremely slow pace (which wouldn't be a problem if I knew where I was heading) and setting off in any direction is a commitment you have to stick to. If you end up going the wrong way, that's a huge backtrack you have to do. At any rate, through all the confusion of the shortcuts and the fact that all the locations start to look the same, I somehow ended up at the very BEGINNING of the game.  :headache:

From that point, I just set on the main road and consulted the posted maps along the way until I finally got to the furthest point of where I was apparently supposed to go. By this time, I've been playing for about three hours since the last "save" checkpoint. Then of course the game locks up again and I've lost EVERYTHING.  :bomb:

Not only that, once I load it back up, I have no idea where the hell I am or what the hell I already did (for the past few hours). And once again, I'm lost.

Long story longer, I did eventually end up finishing it, but I was so turned off from all of it that I just wanted it to be over and done with. The gibberish dialogue started getting on my nerves, I stopped caring about all the so-called characters, and of course I felt a lack of closure in the end (probably due to the fact that I missed a lot).

The tl;dr version is that this game really needs a "run" function that works more than 50% of the time, a "stuck" button you can press that brings up the glowing orb and sets you in the right direction and/or some sort of map system that tells you where you've been or where you're going (objectives would be nice, but I realize I'm asking too much).

Not sure if anyone's had a similar experience with the game, but there you have it. I went in expecting to love it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't even want to bother with trophy cleanup (of which I only earned one).

Any thoughts on Valley and This War of Mine: The Little Ones for PS4? I would like to hear from those who have played them before making a decision.
I really liked This War of Mine myself. It's a survival game but unlike most of the genre it's wrapped inside something more akin to say The Sims. You are managing hunger, sleep, and all that but the actual gameplay is micro-managing a handful of characters (usually 3-4) and having them do things around your house to keep themselves alive and healthy. This includes a mental state as well so you actually have to find ways to keep them entertained on top of the usual survival tropes.

Then at night you can send someone out to explore a location from a world map. The locations you can go range from abandoned houses, NPC camps where you can barter, or places labelled as danger zones with hostile NPCs (but of course these places usually have tons of supplies.) The game has combat but it's not really a focus, actually every single time I encountered an enemy if I did not escape I was flat out murdered. It also tries to have some morality themes so you can steal supplies from innocent NPCs but I found it a hassle in practice because it typically effects your character's mental status in a negative way. Granted the characters are not randomly generated, it grabs from a pre-determined pool and they all have their own traits so maybe I always got characters who felt real bad about stealing, I dunno.

That's basically it honestly, if it sounds fun to you it probably will be. It's a pretty well balanced game actually, usually survival stuff can be pretty harsh and while I wouldn't call This War of Mine easy it's not super hard either. I "won" (by surviving until there is a peace treaty) on my second attempt. I will say if you aren't someone who likes doing multiple runs it's probably not a game for you, it typically only takes a few hours to win or for the whole thing to crash and burn and a lot of the fun comes from starting a new game and seeing what characters you have and the state of the world map each time (because while the levels aren't randomized what occupies the level changes each time.)

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is infuriating, especially for someone with no natural sense of direction like me.

(RANT ahead)
Yeah I have super mixed feelings about the game myself, some tiny bits of interesting character drama in there but without a guide you absolutely miss the vast majority of it. The thing I did not actually realize until I went back with a guide is that each section of the map is actually devoted to one character and their last few days before crap went bad, it's actually cohesive when you follow it from start to end but that is basically impossible to do on your own - especially because each event you stumble across actually has a chronological order you are meant to find them in.

And yes the run speed is the worst part of the game, it's not random though, just has an insane wind up before you hit top speed (something absurd like 6 or 7 second each time.) I liked the game more when I went back with a guide but even then I'd say I only really liked maybe 1 of the characters. The actual main narrative itself I found fairly interesting but the game is like 10% that 90% character development so that's not great when your characters are not interesting or worse completely insufferable.

Yeah I have super mixed feelings about the game myself, some tiny bits of interesting character drama in there but without a guide you absolutely miss the vast majority of it. The thing I did not actually realize until I went back with a guide is that each section of the map is actually devoted to one character and their last few days before crap went bad, it's actually cohesive when you follow it from start to end but that is basically impossible to do on your own - especially because each event you stumble across actually has a chronological order you are meant to find them in.

And yes the run speed is the worst part of the game, it's not random though, just has an insane wind up before you hit top speed (something absurd like 6 or 7 second each time.) I liked the game more when I went back with a guide but even then I'd say I only really liked maybe 1 of the characters. The actual main narrative itself I found fairly interesting but the game is like 10% that 90% character development so that's not great when your characters are not interesting or worse completely insufferable.
I couldn't sleep, so I ended up playing through it again using a walkthrough, which is the most boring way to play a game. But you're absolutely right; once you hit all the story points (and actually know which direction you're headed), it's a lot more intelligible. It took me approximately 5 hours using the completionist guide and I wound up getting all trophies but three. Since I'm one platinum away from a $10 credit on Sony Rewards, I'll probably gather it tomorrow after I've slept off this video game hangover.

Anyway, for $3.99, it's not a bad game.

Reading all of you talk about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I'm glad I gave up.  I got that feeling that I'm missing parts of the story and I hate missing parts when the whole point of the game is to figure out the story.  Following a walkthrough takes all the fun out of the game.  I'd rather just read a transcript of the story than go step by step pc to PS4 looking for the parts.

Maybe I'll start again someday when I have nothing else to play.

I would love to hear from other CAGs about what PS4-exclusives that are on sale that I should be looking at.

Even with all these titles, I'm still not sure what to buy with my $15 - seeing how I already bought Nier and Nioh two weeks ago just to get to the $100 threshold anyway.
I used my $15 to pre-order Dragon’s Crown Pro. With the current ps+ discount it brings it down to $29.99. Which is cheaper than buying it at Best Buy with GCU. Sure, I don’t get a fancy steel book but I already have physical copies of the ps3 and vita versions on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back