PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked This War of Mine myself. It's a survival game but unlike most of the genre it's wrapped inside something more akin to say The Sims. You are managing hunger, sleep, and all that but the actual gameplay is micro-managing a handful of characters (usually 3-4) and having them do things around your house to keep themselves alive and healthy. This includes a mental state as well so you actually have to find ways to keep them entertained on top of the usual survival tropes.

Then at night you can send someone out to explore a location from a world map. The locations you can go range from abandoned houses, NPC camps where you can barter, or places labelled as danger zones with hostile NPCs (but of course these places usually have tons of supplies.) The game has combat but it's not really a focus, actually every single time I encountered an enemy if I did not escape I was flat out murdered. It also tries to have some morality themes so you can steal supplies from innocent NPCs but I found it a hassle in practice because it typically effects your character's mental status in a negative way. Granted the characters are not randomly generated, it grabs from a pre-determined pool and they all have their own traits so maybe I always got characters who felt real bad about stealing, I dunno.

That's basically it honestly, if it sounds fun to you it probably will be. It's a pretty well balanced game actually, usually survival stuff can be pretty harsh and while I wouldn't call This War of Mine easy it's not super hard either. I "won" (by surviving until there is a peace treaty) on my second attempt. I will say if you aren't someone who likes doing multiple runs it's probably not a game for you, it typically only takes a few hours to win or for the whole thing to crash and burn and a lot of the fun comes from starting a new game and seeing what characters you have and the state of the world map each time (because while the levels aren't randomized what occupies the level changes each time.)

Yeah I have super mixed feelings about the game myself, some tiny bits of interesting character drama in there but without a guide you absolutely miss the vast majority of it. The thing I did not actually realize until I went back with a guide is that each section of the map is actually devoted to one character and their last few days before crap went bad, it's actually cohesive when you follow it from start to end but that is basically impossible to do on your own - especially because each event you stumble across actually has a chronological order you are meant to find them in.

And yes the run speed is the worst part of the game, it's not random though, just has an insane wind up before you hit top speed (something absurd like 6 or 7 second each time.) I liked the game more when I went back with a guide but even then I'd say I only really liked maybe 1 of the characters. The actual main narrative itself I found fairly interesting but the game is like 10% that 90% character development so that's not great when your characters are not interesting or worse completely insufferable.
Thanks for the breakdown on This War of Mine, been looking to try different types of games. Sounds like something I will enjoy playing indeed, gonna buy it. Now just have to find out if Valley is worth buying from someone who has played it.

Excited for Kiwami 2, but I feel like if you played yakuza 0 you’ve already played the best game in the series.
They are toying with the idea of a Yakuza 0-2.. but I don't think you can discredit the whole series because of 1 entry especially when 6 is coming out in a few weeks..

attachicon.gif
20180318_214450.jpg
This is new?
The fine print indicates it's from last year.

Reading all of you talk about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I'm glad I gave up. I got that feeling that I'm missing parts of the story and I hate missing parts when the whole point of the game is to figure out the story. Following a walkthrough takes all the fun out of the game. I'd rather just read a transcript of the story than go step by step pc to PS4 looking for the parts.

Maybe I'll start again someday when I have nothing else to play.
I played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter today (currently on sale for $5.99) and it seemed heavily inspired by Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (along with Murdered: Soul Suspect), except you have the ability to zip around the map a lot quicker. It's funny, as soon as it starts out it tells you "this game doesn't hold your hand." And indeed, you're deposited in the middle of this world without an introduction or any inclination of what to do but "explore." If I hadn't just been through this shit with Rapture, it would have driven me nuts, but this time I was much better equipped to figure it out on my own. Problem is, it's a minimal game trapped inside a huge environment which makes it feel longer than it has to be because you're mostly wandering around aimlessly hoping to stumble into something.

I can really only recommend it to fans of walking simulators or people with lots of patience (perhaps, both).

is $5.99 the lowest Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC has been? i don't plan on playing it yet but might grab it now for when i do.

is $5.99 the lowest Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC has been? i don't plan on playing it yet but might grab it now for when i do.
Yes, and it very rarely goes on sale, so I would buy it now. Its previously lowest price was $7.49 during its last sale...in October (I think?).

just finished ratchet and clank--  pretty fun /free game.  Is it worth picking up the collection that is on sale this week?  are the other titles any good? 

just finished ratchet and clank-- pretty fun /free game. Is it worth picking up the collection that is on sale this week? are the other titles any good?
The main games are all great, though you'll probably have the roughest time with the first game since the remake smooths over a lot of the rough edges that the original has since they hadn't put strafe controls and the leveling systems in there yet.

Yes, and it very rarely goes on sale, so I would buy it now. Its previously lowest price was $7.49 during its last sale...in October.
I don't think it was on sale in October or I would have bought it cause I've been waiting on it for a while. According to psprices the last time it was on sale was November 2016.

Not that I disagree with your point or anything, it's just way worse actually. If anyone has even a vague interest in the DLC I'd buy it now cause who knows when it will be this cheap again.

Some new, last minute deals:

:psp: Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Capcom Classics Collection Remixed - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: Capcom Fighting Evolution - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Capcom Puzzle World - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Darkstalkers - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Darkstalkers 3 - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: DmC Devil May Cry Ultimate Edition - $20.24 - 70% Off - $13.49 - 80% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Mega Man 8 - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Mega Man Legends 2 - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $5.99 - 70% Off - $3.99 - 80% Off - Ends 3/20
:vita: Plantera - $2.74 - 45% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/2
:psp: Power Stone Collection - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Runnin' Down a Dream" by Tom Petty - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Truckin'" by The Grateful Dead - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Street Fighter Alpha - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Street Fighter Alpha 3 - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:psp: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps3: :psp: Strider 2 - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/20

:ps4: UFC 3 - $44.99 - 25% Off - $38.99 - 35% Off - Ends 3/27

:ps4: UFC 3 Deluxe Edition - $55.99 - 30% Off - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/27
:psp: Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/20
:ps4: Vesta - $5.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/5

Freebie:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World - Free Character Edit Voucher - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Burnout Paradise Remastered - $39.99
:ps4: GalGunvolt Burst - $9.99
:ps4: Maria The Witch - $4.99
:ps4: Surviving Mars - $39.99
:ps4: Zeus Quest Remastered - $8.99

I just got Nioh and the season pass, Dark Souls 3 Complete, and will be getting Dark Souls Remastered, all of which will just be added to my backlog. Why am I still considering getting the Old Hunters DLC?

So Firewatch is on sale for the $5 or $6. Is it worth picking up? I've heard it's pretty decent but also that it's crazy short. Thoughts?
I thought it was a decent game, but it's an incredibly linear walking simulator. You'll be going from point A to point B while listening to a conversation between yourself and another person. Maybe 6-8 hours? Beautiful graphics and decent story, but not much as far as replayability.

I thought it was a decent game, but it's an incredibly linear walking simulator. You'll be going from point A to point B while listening to a conversation between yourself and another person. Maybe 6-8 hours? Beautiful graphics and decent story, but not much as far as replayability.
have you played any of these other walking simulators and enjoyed them? such as dear esther or stanley parable?

I can't decide for sure whether or not I want to go ahead and grab Dragon's Dogma or if I should wait for another sale since I played the hell out of it last gen. Definitely tempting.

I can't decide for sure whether or not I want to go ahead and grab Dragon's Dogma or if I should wait for another sale since I played the hell out of it last gen. Definitely tempting.
I'm thinking the same but Ni No Kuni 2 on Friday. Reviews are exceptional

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The only reason I haven't grabbed the Bloodborne DLC yet is I'm foolishly holding out until Friday in case there's a 20% off code.

So Firewatch is on sale for the $5 or $6. Is it worth picking up? I've heard it's pretty decent but also that it's crazy short. Thoughts?
I thought it was one of the better walking simulators, and it's a decent length for the genre (around 4 hours). I'd say it's worth it, but personally, I just wish the last quarter or so of the game had played out a bit differently. The rest is really good, and the structure makes it feel a lot more coherent than similar games.

With regards to the SFIV costume packs on sale on PSN, can someone clarify things for me? I purchased a physical copy of Ultra SFIV and obviously have downloaded and installed the newest patch in order to play the game on my PS3. I also know that there are some costumes and skins that can be unlocked as I play the game's different modes, and I have indeed started to do just that. However, does anyone know if the Street Fighter IV Complete Alternate Costume Pack and/or the Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack are already included in the patch I downloaded and installed to play USFIV? My whole reason for buying Ultra was that it supposedly came with all of the previous DLC included, so I'd be pretty frustrated if I also had to pay for two other costume packs from the previous two iterations of the game in addition to the other premium DLC costume packs I'm buying just for USFIV (the complete Horror, Vacation & Wild costume packs). Anyone who's more in the know able to help me out?

Is the Ultra Street Fighter IV the full game or simply the DLC update to Super Street Fighter IV?  Does anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Finally getting around to hooking up my second PS4. I've Googled this but there always seems to still be some conflicting info on this. My goal is for my son to have access to my games on this new PS4 and that we can play The Show together in different rooms.

I need to keep my original PS4 as the primary one right? And then I need to create a profile for him on the new one and I guess authorize him somehow like it's done on XBL? Any simple tips or advice is appreciated if anyone else here has gone through this.

Finally getting around to hooking up my second PS4. I've Googled this but there always seems to still be some conflicting info on this. My goal is for my son to have access to my games on this new PS4 and that we can play The Show together in different rooms.

I need to keep my original PS4 as the primary one right? And then I need to create a profile for him on the new one and I guess authorize him somehow like it's done on XBL? Any simple tips or advice is appreciated if anyone else here has gone through this.
I currently game share with my son. Make your sons PS4 your primary PS4 then create a PSN ID for him. Make your PS4 your sons primary PS4. Just Incase he buys a game you want. Hope I explained it well.

Worth it for the memorable storytelling experience, not the length.

I just got done playing my fourth walking sim in four days, What Remains of Edith Finch, which closed out the thematic narrative started out with Dear Esther, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (even though none of these games have anything to do with each other, they feel related when played in close proximity). Definitely one of the best walking sims I ever played (next to Firewatch) and a thoroughly emotional, moving story told in two brief hours.

Is Hitman GOTY worth it? I see it n sale usually so I would love to hear people's thoughts given it is 24 bucks. Which is my max for buying games.

Basically, you need to take the ps4 your son uses and add your account and his. On the one he uses, you set your account to primary on that one. He then logs in oh his using his account. He will be able to play whatever you have access to.

On your PS4 you just need to log in on that PS4 using your account. You can then download all of your games onto that PS4.

I currently game share with my son. Make your sons PS4 your primary PS4 then create a PSN ID for him. Make your PS4 your sons primary PS4. Just Incase he buys a game you want. Hope I explained it well.

Basically, you need to take the ps4 your son uses and add your account and his. On the one he uses, you set your account to primary on that one. He then logs in oh his using his account. He will be able to play whatever you have access to.

On your PS4 you just need to log in on that PS4 using your account. You can then download all of your games onto that PS4.
Thanks guys!

Isn’t gameshare a little bit worse on PS4 than on Xbox? On Xbox you just set each other’s consoles as home then you can access all of each others purchases. On PS4 I gameshare with my fiancé and for her to download my games we’ve activated each other’s consoles as our primary, then she has to log into my account on her console, initiate any downloads, then switch back to her account to play. She only needs to be in my account for the initial download of any game she wants but the downside is that if I’m online on my account it would boot me off since an account can only be logged into one PS4 at a time. Sorry if that is confusing, there’s a possibility I did something wrong but I’m not sure that I have.

Isn’t gameshare a little bit worse on PS4 than on Xbox? On Xbox you just set each other’s consoles as home then you can access all of each others purchases. On PS4 I gameshare with my fiancé and for her to download my games we’ve activated each other’s consoles as our primary, then she has to log into my account on her console, initiate any downloads, then switch back to her account to play. She only needs to be in my account for the initial download of any game she wants but the downside is that if I’m online on my account it would boot me off since an account can only be logged into one PS4 at a time. Sorry if that is confusing, there’s a possibility I did something wrong but I’m not sure that I have.
Yup plus games don't save to the cloud automatically on both.

Honestly it's a mess.

I'm thinking the same but Ni No Kuni 2 on Friday. Reviews are exceptional
True. Speaking of Ni No Kuni 2, I will have to go digital if I bite. I've finally convinced myself that digital is ok if I like the game, but some say it's "short" so that's bothering me. I doubt I'll ever finish an RPG again at my rate, so less than 80 hours is actually a good thing. Regardless, can anyone offer thoughts on the deluxe edition? It seems it may have a couple of in game items but the main reason for the additional $20 is the "Season Pass". Does anyone know what this is supposed to be, or heard anything promising about it? A game like Nioh, I bought the version with the season pass & I'm glad I did, as it was a great value to me (since I'd have wanted that dlc on release day if I didn't have that season pass). That was an outlier, though since the majority dont end up with quality dlc like that. Is it worth it to spend the extra $20 up front to anyone? I am leaning against it, but I'd hate to pass up getting great content at a better price. If anyone has any info about this, or opinions regarding it, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

True. Speaking of Ni No Kuni 2, I will have to go digital if I bite. I've finally convinced myself that digital is ok if I like the game, but some say it's "short" so that's bothering me. I doubt I'll ever finish an RPG again at my rate, so less than 80 hours is actually a good thing. Regardless, can anyone offer thoughts on the deluxe edition? It seems it may have a couple of in game items but the main reason for the additional $20 is the "Season Pass". Does anyone know what this is supposed to be, or heard anything promising about it? A game like Nioh, I bought the version with the season pass & I'm glad I did, as it was a great value to me (since I'd have wanted that dlc on release day if I didn't have that season pass). That was an outlier, though since the majority dont end up with quality dlc like that. Is it worth it to spend the extra $20 up front to anyone? I am leaning against it, but I'd hate to pass up getting great content at a better price. If anyone has any info about this, or opinions regarding it, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.
I went ahead and grabbed the season pass because it’s $20. Which is cheaper than most SP’s it seems. I’m sure I’ll get some enjoyment from it.

Use the webstore to download to the activated console instead. No need for logging in on console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back