PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointed that Hard Reset Redux doesn't have any discount on PSN, while it has 10% off on Steam for launch. Was really looking forward to getting the game, but it really irritates me that the developer/publisher didn't offer a discount at launch on PSN. Now I'll just wait for a cheap price, no big rush with the insane backlog I have.

From the title, I kind of hoped it would be a bard sim where you play music and go on little quests to improve your standings from town to town until the king/queen invites you to play for them.

I was admittedly disappointed after clicking on the article.
LOL bard sim. Does sound kind of interesting though.

For anyone that's played The Swapper:

Am I just missing something, or do you need to get to a specific point to use the teleporters, even past when you can physically walk by and access them? I can press square to activate the map at a teleporter, and get a prompt to press X to select desired teleport target, but no matter how I center the map, pressing X does nothing. I'm at 19 orbs in currently, and have passed two teleporters and can see another.

Thanks

For anyone that's played The Swapper:

Am I just missing something, or do you need to get to a specific point to use the teleporters, even past when you can physically walk by and access them? I can press square to activate the map at a teleporter, and get a prompt to press X to select desired teleport target, but no matter how I center the map, pressing X does nothing. I'm at 19 orbs in currently, and have passed two teleporters and can see another.

Thanks
Use the right stick to choose another teleporter

is driveclub worth $14.99?
If you have PS+ the $19.99 for game and season pass is a better deal. It's a very competent driving game, just not amazing. A lot of people like Evolution Studio's style of gameplay.

I played the demo and thought it was okay, and maybe just realized that I don't do racing games like I used to.

So you could always grab the demo.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/driveclub-full-game-season-pass-bundle/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-PSPLUSSEASONPASS

I basically agree with the above.  It's not Forza but there's been very few other racing games this generation that haven't missed the mark somewhere.  For $20 there's a ton of content and it plays well enough to scratch the cars wot go fast itch.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/05/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-672016/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: June 7, 2016

Anima: Gate of Memories - $19.99
PS4 — Digital

Anima: Gate of Memories is a third-person action RPG that tells the story of two beings bound by an unwilling pact, a legendary monster, and a girl who lost her past.

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - $59.99 PS4, $39.99 Vita
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 at Retail)

The budding alchemist Sophie of Kirchen Bell meets the Mysterious Book called Plachta and embarks on a wonderful adventure.

Broken Bots - $6.99
PS4 — Digital

Broken Bots is arcade-style multiplayer robot warfare where players dish out power-ups to teammates and glitches to foes. Customize weapons, passives, and skills then battle it out in Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch and King Of The Hill.

Ducati — 90th Anniversary - TBA
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/9)

From the creators of Ride comes a spinoff dedicated to the legendary Ducati brand! With 39 models in the game, you can thrash some of the most iconic bikes in history.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- - $59.99
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Choose from more than 20 insane fighters as you battle for glory in the post apocalypse. New fighters, modes, and polished mechanics provide infinite ways to annihilate your rivals. Intense brawls, polished graphics, and massive amounts of content ensure the fight is never over!

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst - $59.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst raises the action-adventure bar through fluid, first-person action and immerses players in Faith’s origin story as she fights for freedom within the city of Glass.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - $59.99 PS4, $49.99 PS3, $39.99 Vita
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

In Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, experience the world of Erion as it hurtles towards the end of days as warring kingdoms clash for control. Take control of the magnificently hand-rendered characters in this enchanted realm, filled with mythical beasts and gargantuan monsters.

Psychonauts (PS2) - $9.99 or $14.99
PS4 — Digital

This classic platformer from Double Fine Productions follows a young psychic named Razputin. In his quest to join the Psychonauts, he breaks into their secret training facility: Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. Raz must use his psychic powers of Telekinesis and Levitation to fight mental demons, unlock hidden memories, and sort emotional baggage.

Soul Axiom - $19.99
PS4 — Digital

Soul Axiom is a compelling sci-fi adventure game that will take you on a journey through the deepest, darkest recesses of your soul. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery.

Steamworld Heist - $19.99 - $16.99 Launch Discount
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Captain Piper stumbles upon a new ally with a past shrouded in mystery. Dive into the action and take on new missions with all-new weapons, gear, and a shipload of hats!

Are there any decent media remotes for PS4 or just crappy ones? Why didn't Sony release one like they did for PS3? I'm sick of using my controller. :( I'm happy to pick the best of the crappy ones at this point. What's everyone else use?

Are there any decent media remotes for PS4 or just crappy ones? Why didn't Sony release one like they did for PS3? I'm sick of using my controller. :( I'm happy to pick the best of the crappy ones at this point. What's everyone else use?
Uhh, I use the official Sony PS4 media remote control that's been available since October. Best Buy, Target and Amazon carry them.

Shocking news about the name of Telltale's Batman series:

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/739585984656855040

[customspoiler='Hint']It's called "Batman."[/customspoiler]

If you have PS+ the $19.99 for game and season pass is a better deal. It's a very competent driving game, just not amazing. A lot of people like Evolution Studio's style of gameplay.

I played the demo and thought it was okay, and maybe just realized that I don't do racing games like I used to.

So you could always grab the demo.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/driveclub-full-game-season-pass-bundle/cid=UP9000-CUSA00093_00-PSPLUSSEASONPASS
Thank you for your information and it is very helpful. Do you know where the demo is? I cannot find the demo in the store. Actually, I do not have psn plus because I seldom play online.

I basically agree with the above. It's not Forza but there's been very few other racing games this generation that haven't missed the mark somewhere. For $20 there's a ton of content and it plays well enough to scratch the cars wot go fast itch.
Oh..do you have any other suggestions of racing games for ps4? The crew? Project Car? Need for Speed?

Uhh, I use the official Sony PS4 media remote control that's been available since October. Best Buy, Target and Amazon carry them.
I heard it was a huge step down from their first-party PS3 remote. It's official but its third-party, expensive and poor reviews. Guess that's what turned me away in October (November actually)

Oh..do you have any other suggestions of racing games for ps4? The crew? Project Car? Need for Speed?
Project Cars is super hardcore so unless that interests you you're probably better with Driveclub and out of the options on PS4 I personally think it's the best of the choices still.

Odin Sphere is really good on the PS4 (review coming on Tuesday).  It made the action much faster and more fun.  I switched it to classic mode to try the original again, and I see why I didn't play the original more than an hour or two.  Leifthrasir is so much better.

My wife is really liking Atelier Sophie so far.  No silly time restraints!

Anima is...not great.  Auto-targeting enemies, bad platforming and several stupidly dark areas.

Project Cars is super hardcore so unless that interests you you're probably better with Driveclub and out of the options on PS4 I personally think it's the best of the choices still.
Thank you so much...now I am just thinking which one I should go for...I do not have ps plus membership. Drive club is $39.99 to me....

Driveclub and NFS Rivals are the best on the console. The rest are *meh imo, especially Need For Speed.

*Never played Project Cars tho. I don't ever plan on it either.

Driveclub is awesome once it clicks. But you really need to just let it click, and truly follow the flag colors -- green = take corner full speed, yellow = slow, red = brake heavy.... once you get a sense of the speed you can safely take corners, you'll suddenly click into the game and it becomes pretty amazing. well worth the price imo.

Is Metro:Redux worth the blind buy?
i haven't beat the first once, but by all accounts i've read the answer is yes.

they finally released one, but the reason I think they took their time and it's an afterthought is because the ps4 has HDMI-CEC support which means many people already can control their ps4s with their normal TV remote.

there are a couple issues [no way to easily exit netflix, for example] but it severely reduces the market looking for a remote. I know i'd never buy one because my samsung remote is kickass on my ps4.

Thank you so much...now I am just thinking which one I should go for...I do not have ps plus membership. Drive club is $39.99 to me....
Not sure what the others are priced at right now but if there's no better deal out there you can get a 3 month sub for $18 (a year is $40 at BBY right now) and be able to get it for $20. Same net cost but at least then you also can play the free games while your sub is active and will have access to the sales during that period too. Doesn't save you much up front but you might get more overall value that way at least.

I've got a video for The Tomorrow Children that's out now. Enjoyed the beta quite a bit, so I'm hoping the game isn't too far off.

Grabbed Dark Cloud and DC2. Enjoying the nostalgia trip at the beginning of the first, though I don't know if it'll keep it up for long if my memories of playing it back in the day holds true. Might grab PaRappa the Rapper 2 since that price is the same as what I paid for it in the big $5 CC Clearance back in the day.

I didn't care for the Thirst Meter in Dark Cloud, but I was still pretty new to roguelikes back then and didn't realize hunger/thirst was a common feature. I'm still glad it wasn't in the sequel.

One of the few things I didn't enjoy in Dark Cloud 2 was the monster transformations (felt largely unnecessary, with a lot of work for little results), and photos. If you want max completion, you have to take a photo of absolutely every single thing in the game. Including bosses' signature attacks - which would have you standing still taking a God damn picture while a madman or Eldritch Abomination is actively trying to end you.

No idea who I was just playing Overwatch with but that was some good fun being cheeky sods.  Too bad our barrel of gorillas strategy didn't pan out.

No idea who I was just playing Overwatch with but that was some good fun being cheeky sods. Too bad our barrel of gorillas strategy didn't pan out.
I'm hurt, (Cham713Htown) I'm a sad gorilla now :(

I don't know that group tho, just happen to be in there. Outside of waffleswanton (BlackRockWaifu from here) but he left right when you came in.

are we due for any big annual sales soon?  I know we had golden week recently, and like 2 months of franchise sales before that, but i managed to pretty much keep my wallet closed for them.

are we due for any big annual sales soon? I know we had golden week recently, and like 2 months of franchise sales before that, but i managed to pretty much keep my wallet closed for them.
Last year was a best of e3 sale and then a somewhat decent flash sale starting the 4th friday. So, no nothing really remarkable. I think last year I bought Bonk's Adventure and maybe one or two of the other cheap Hudson games in the flash sale.

As for the franchise sales and stuff... my wallet has been pretty much closed the entire time as well. I don't think I've added any psn credit to my account in three months.

Reminder to grab your ps plus games before it is too late. Today is the last day.

So close to fallout 4 platinum. I need to get to level 50 and reach max settlement happiness. Both are proving to be a pain since there is no more quests just falling into my lap.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-launches-on-ps4-in-2017/

FFXII is finally getting remastered for PS4 for release in 2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/horizon-zero-dawn-new-trailer-new-release-date/

Horizon has a new trailer and will be out 2/28/17.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/yooka-laylee-soars-to-ps4-in-q1-2017/

Yooka Laylee gets its first trailer and will be out for PS4 in early 2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/playstation-at-e3-2016-how-to-watch-live/

Details on the livestream schedule for E3 next week, including about half of the game they'll have there.

Last year was a best of e3 sale and then a somewhat decent flash sale starting the 4th friday. So, no nothing really remarkable. I think last year I bought Bonk's Adventure and maybe one or two of the other cheap Hudson games in the flash sale.

As for the franchise sales and stuff... my wallet has been pretty much closed the entire time as well. I don't think I've added any psn credit to my account in three months.
Yeah. It just feels weird. I usually feel like I'm buying something every week, but I didn't buy anything during Golden Week, the franchise sale, or the last 2 flash sales. A lull of months between buying stuff on PSN is so out of character for me that I'm feeling extremely antsy for a solid sale where I can spend $100 and breath again. Not that I need any more games.

Never played 12 so I'm excited. Hopefully it's well done, reasonably priced, and has some fun case or something. If we're lucky they also won't introduce a RNG or other game breaking bug that they won't even acknowledge for ages.

FF12? More like FFPlaysItself.

Gambit01.jpg

I hope someone can help me before the deals expire tomorrow. I have Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition on Steam.

If I buy the "Saints Row / Metro Double Pack" for PS4 for $16.49, is it correct I will get Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell + Metro 2033 Redux + Metro Last Last Redux?

I read that Saints Row IV Re-Elected has a lot more DLC than the Game of the Century Edition. Is that correct?

Finally, I'm considering Twisted Metal Black and Fantavision PS4 upconversions from the PS2 since I played both PS2 games. The few reviews I found make it sound like these are decent conversions apart from the drab textures. Do people think these are worth $4.99 or are they likely to have bigger price drops in the future (like 75% off)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back