PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to figure out if it is worth not updating my PSTV since there seems to be a way now to do PS3 remote play (along with ways to play previously unsupported vita titles). Not entirely sure though as I haven't even tried the email trick.

Interesting about the PSM thing. I know that one of my memory cards is good to go right now because I swapped them out the other day and I can still play PS Mobile games on it. I'll need to double check for the other memory card though.

Isn't there supposed to be a way to delete 0% trophies from your trophy list? Mines getting long and id like to get rid of the ones i never really played

Anyone else experiencing any weirdness with the web store? I "bought" all the October PS+ games there a few weeks ago, and I got the receipt for my order, but in the web store, they're still showing as unpurchased (but free for plus) with an "add to cart" button, and when I tried to buy them again, it says I'm not eligible to purchase those items.

They're also not showing up in my download list on the web store (although everything I bought before and after is showing, just not the plus games...which were, ironically, the only ones I "bought" directly through the web store).

They're showing as purchased on my ps3 and vita and are showing up in my download lists on the consoles, so I think everything is fine and it's just some sort of web store weirdness/bug. But I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like that recently.
did you grab them on the console or PC web store? You mention the web store so I'd try to do it on the console itself to be sure. But i guess if they're showing up as purchased on the system itself you cant do that. Weird

I havent had any problems other than the usal myriad of crashes on the ps3 web store. Thing seems to be really unstable since the last patch or two

Isn't there supposed to be a way to delete 0% trophies from your trophy list? Mines getting long and id like to get rid of the ones i never really played

did you grab them on the console or PC web store? You mention the web store so I'd try to do it on the console itself to be sure. But i guess if they're showing up as purchased on the system itself you cant do that. Weird

I havent had any problems other than the usal myriad of crashes on the ps3 web store. Thing seems to be really unstable since the last patch or two
I grabbed them on the PC web store (which I do every month since I don't have a ps4 but want to grab the ps+ games for it). Not sure why they aren't showing as purchased on the web store and aren't showing up in my download list in the web store...but they're showing up in my download list on my ps3 and vita and show up as purchased in the ps store on both systems.

So it looks like everything is cool and I have them and it's just a PC web store glitch (and if not, I have my receipt from the store proving I grabbed them, so I can argue it later). Really bizarre though considering my download list on the web store is different from my download list under my account on my ps3 and vita.

And ya...the ps3 store has been a mess since...well...since they revised it...but it's definitely gotten worse. It seems like every other time I try to buy and download something lately, it crashes to the XMB.

Edit: Oh, and for the trophy thing, I think the delete 0% trophies option was only introduced on the ps4 through a firmware update (I think on the ps4, you can go to trophies, select the game you want to delete the trophies for, hit options, and select "delete"). On the ps3, you can hide them by doing this: go to your trophy list, select the game, push triangle, select "privacy settings", and uncheck "show trophies for this game".

Driveclub has a new update that is huge:

https://twitter.com/PhenomEvolution/status/661158621695320065

Private multiplayer lobbies, Club and Driver level cap increases, wheel support for Bikes, two new Sprint tracks, Brake Assist option, an in-game store for DLC, and some free DLC for each version of the game. Driveclub gets a new Tour Pack and Livery Pack for free and Bikes gets a new expansion for free that adds two new bikes, a Tour Pack, and a few new trophies.

I bought resident evil revelations 2 this week on a whim as I haven't played since 4
Wow, what a piece of shit. Awful controls and just overall bad gameplay. Sound design was pathetic as well I felt like I was firing cap guns into paper. Just awful.

I bought resident evil revelations 2 this week on a whim as I haven't played since 4Wow, what a piece of shit. Awful controls and just overall bad gameplay. Sound design was pathetic as well I felt like I was firing cap guns into paper. Just awful.
I don't understand this view point. The shooting is solid. The dodge is immensely satisfying and far better than RER1. There are really only two bosses and a midboss but they don't rely on QTEs like RE4's did but you won't see them until much later anyway.

But I just don't understand how you can hate RER2 when it has such a solid dodge+shoot melee rhythm.

Got a weird email from Sony that my PS+ was set to auto renew.  I know I had turned that "feature" off before and while I intend on renewing with a pre-paid card before it comes due, I was shocked to see it say it was enabled.  Turns out that EVERY SINGLE TIME you renew PS+ using any method of payment it turns this "Feature" back on.  So heads up.  It won't change the automatic wallet funding setting, but it will pull money from your account if you don't go in every time you renew and turn this back off.

To turn it off, I could have done it from a PS3 or PS4 but I opted for the PC option.  Hit the url provided (which is just the actual account page where you can add prepaid cards and stuff) and then hit the media tab and scrolled through the list in reverse to the PS+ subscription.  Opened it, expanded one section and then unchecked the auto renew.

So heads up.  Now it makes sense why some folks were complaining in the past about auto renewal still happening.  Any subscription renewal on PS+ turns this auto renew button back on.

Ultimately it doesn't affect me right now... I see no reason why I'll not renew.  But for others it may be an issue if they are letting it expire to renew the next month to try and "extend" the service those extra weeks while still getting all the PS+ games.

I'm not a PC gamer so forgive the noob question but how come those games ran like shit on PC? I thought Xbox One and PS4 were heralded for being close to PCs, making porting to PC a cinch. It sounds like those games are virtually unplayable.
Also keep in mind, the port team is often an outside dev or the inhouse b team, especially if the sales forecast suggests pc is a smaller factor. More importantly, with the console, you are working with a pretty stable (and known) hardware/software environment. With the pc, you have two major video card manufacturers with various card architectures, multiple Windows OS versions to support, not to mention CPU/Mobo/RAM variants. It can be difficult to optimize even when PC is the lead. And then if 5%-15% of the user base has a broken experience, you can't write them off as edge cases as that broken experience will become the internet's collective reaction.

Got a weird email from Sony that my PS+ was set to auto renew. I know I had turned that "feature" off before and while I intend on renewing with a pre-paid card before it comes due, I was shocked to see it say it was enabled. Turns out that EVERY SINGLE TIME you renew PS+ using any method of payment it turns this "Feature" back on. So heads up. It won't change the automatic wallet funding setting, but it will pull money from your account if you don't go in every time you renew and turn this back off.

To turn it off, I could have done it from a PS3 or PS4 but I opted for the PC option. Hit the url provided (which is just the actual account page where you can add prepaid cards and stuff) and then hit the media tab and scrolled through the list in reverse to the PS+ subscription. Opened it, expanded one section and then unchecked the auto renew.

So heads up. Now it makes sense why some folks were complaining in the past about auto renewal still happening. Any subscription renewal on PS+ turns this auto renew button back on.

Ultimately it doesn't affect me right now... I see no reason why I'll not renew. But for others it may be an issue if they are letting it expire to renew the next month to try and "extend" the service those extra weeks while still getting all the PS+ games.
I got that about a week ago and had meant to mention it since several people had been mysteriously billed for PS+ auto renewal over the last couple months when they previously had it off.

This is why I don't have any payment method associated with the account and rarely keep a balance.

November's PS+ games are live:

:ps3: Beyond Good & Evil
:ps4: :ps3:  :vita: Dragon Fin Soul
:psp: Invizimals
:ps4: Magicka 2
:ps3: Mass Effect 2
:ps4: The Walking Dead: Season Two

Invizimals is actually the original PSP version, which is a stupid choice to make instead of one of the newer versions on Vita.

Looks like we've probably got a PS+ Specials and Ubisoft sale incoming.

PS+ Specials:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/playstation-plus-specials/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSSPECIALS

Ubisoft Sale:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ubisoft-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-UBISOFTPUBSALE

A preliminary list of what's on sale this week:

Abyss Odyssey - PS3 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition - PS4 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China - PS4 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Helix Credit Large Pack - $19.79 - 34% Off
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Helix Credit Medium Pack - $14.99 - 25% Off
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Helix Credits Large Pack - $13.39 - 33% Off 
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Helix Credits Medium Pack - $7.49 - 25% Off
Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme - PS4/PS3/Vita - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Batman: Arkham Knight - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition - PS4 - $89.99 - 10% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Beyond Good & Evil - PS3 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Boggle - PS4 - $6.99 - 30% Off
Child of Light - PS4 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Child of Light - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off
Child of Light - Vita - $4.95 - 67% Off
Class of Heroes - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
Crimson Gem Saga - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off
Far Cry Classic - PS3 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Grow Home - PS4 - $5.59 - 30% Off
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - PS4 - $19.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Deluxe Edition - PS4 - $34.99 - 36% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - PS3 - $39.99 - 20% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - Vita - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro 2033 Redux - PS4 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro Redux - PS4 - $29.99 - 40% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro: Last Light Redux - PS4 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Monopoly Deal - PS4 - $3.49 - 30% Off
Monopoly Deal - PS3 - $2.50 - 50% Off
Monopoly Family Fun Pack - PS4 - $13.99 - 30% Off
Monopoly Plus - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Mortal Kombat X - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - PS4 - $79.99 - 11% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Rabbids Invasion - PS4 - $11.99 - 40% Off
Rabbids Invasion Gold Edition - PS4 - $17.50 - 50% Off
Risk - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Rock of Ages - PS3 - $3.00
Rollers of the Realm - PS4/Vita - $5.00 - 50% Off - Cross Buy
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - PS4 - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - PS3 - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
The Smurfs 2 - PS3 - $10.00 - 50% Off
South Park: The Stick of Truth - PS3 - $10.00 - 50% Off
Tetris Ultimate - PS4 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Toy Soldiers: War Chest - PS4 - $11.24 - 25% Off
Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition - PS4 - $20.99 - 30% Off
Trials Fusion - PS4 - $11.99 - 40% Off
Trials Fusion: Awesome Max Edition - PS4 - $20.00 - 50% Off
Trivial Pursuit Live! - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS4 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off

PS+:

Amnesia: Memories - Vita - $17.99 - 40% Off
Blood Bowl 2 - PS4 - $34.99 - 30% Off
Curses 'N Chaos - PS4/Vita - $7.49 - 25% Off - Cross Buy
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship - PS4 - $15.99 - 20% Off
Space Hulk - PS3 - $35.99 - 10% Off
Space Hulk - Vita - $31.49 - 10% Off
Steins;Gate - PS3 - $27.99 - 30% Off
Steins;Gate - Vita - $27.99 - 30% Off
Tearaway Unfolded - PS4 - $27.99 - 30% Off

Got a weird email from Sony that my PS+ was set to auto renew. I know I had turned that "feature" off before and while I intend on renewing with a pre-paid card before it comes due, I was shocked to see it say it was enabled. Turns out that EVERY SINGLE TIME you renew PS+ using any method of payment it turns this "Feature" back on. So heads up. It won't change the automatic wallet funding setting, but it will pull money from your account if you don't go in every time you renew and turn this back off.

To turn it off, I could have done it from a PS3 or PS4 but I opted for the PC option. Hit the url provided (which is just the actual account page where you can add prepaid cards and stuff) and then hit the media tab and scrolled through the list in reverse to the PS+ subscription. Opened it, expanded one section and then unchecked the auto renew.

So heads up. Now it makes sense why some folks were complaining in the past about auto renewal still happening. Any subscription renewal on PS+ turns this auto renew button back on.

Ultimately it doesn't affect me right now... I see no reason why I'll not renew. But for others it may be an issue if they are letting it expire to renew the next month to try and "extend" the service those extra weeks while still getting all the PS+ games.
Yeah, it's always a good idea to read the fine print on what you're signing up for with any and all subscription services. For PS+:

"Unless you cancel your membership at least one day prior to the renewal date, this membership will automatically convert to a 12-month membership, and $49.99 will be automatically be deducted from your network wallet according to the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) Terms of Service and User Agreement. See http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/tosua. After conversion, your membership will automatically renew every 12 months for $49.99 until you cancel it. You may cancel your membership via the SEN account management tools, by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669 or through www.us.playstation.com."

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/ps-plus-12-month-membership/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-1YEARPACKAGE0000

This ain't no Ron Popeil shit.

So Invizimals is the PSP game? So they didn't even give an actual Vita game this month? Can't wait to hear from Slidecage on this one...
I just bought the physical UMD with the PSP camera in the same box for $4.98 on clearance at Target last month. It's comical that they included it as a PS+ game.

The Vita version of Dragon Fin Soup just appeared on the PS Store, so I added the link to that to the list above. The original PS+ announcement said the PS3 version was coming later, but I guess that was quickly not the case with the simultaneous release.

A bunch of meh this week. Also not excited about Invisimals anymore since I though we would be getting one of the :vita: versions with trophies. Stupid. Now it's only 2/6 for this month. Oh well.

I got that about a week ago and had meant to mention it since several people had been mysteriously billed for PS+ auto renewal over the last couple months when they previously had it off.

This is why I don't have any payment method associated with the account and rarely keep a balance.
This guy ^^^ is why I removed my payment info from Sony

Dragon Fin Soup seems pretty cool so far. Only played the little prelude thing and didn't quite understand things like the stats I was seeing on some blocks as if there was loot there but no way to pick it up.

I'll get back to it tonight but seems promising.

I mean I get why they do it that way but most services have the decency not to quietly force that upon you if you're using pre-paid memberships.
Or worse, you are already a member and just add another year to the existing subscription and them flipping the switch back on for auto-renew. It's one thing to do it when you first sign up but to keep doing it after renewing manually each year seems excessive.

Anyway, at least now we know why it happens and can inform folks that will complain about getting auto-renewed despite previously having turned that "feature" off. I've never had a card associated with my account and long ago turned off the secondary wallet funding option.

Not sure when I'll give Dragon Fin Soup a try. I locked in the licenses on all the new PS+ stuff I didn't already own earlier today when they changed the listings. Overall a ho-hum month but I got so much to play and I rarely immediately play PS+ games the same month they go free anyway.

Even cheaper than the last sale. At under $4 I'll give it a try, especially since it looks far less like an AC game and more like Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate. 

Even cheaper than the last sale. At under $4 I'll give it a try, especially since it looks far less like an AC game and more like Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate.
Well that's annoying. I bought it in the last sale thinking it would be a very long time before it dropped any further in price. At any rate, at $5 it was easily worth it. I liked it a lot. It was better than I expected. The stealth aspect is really strong. Regular combat is discouraged.

Really underwhelmed by the sale lately...bleh. 

I had to quickly add a show to hit the $100 mark as I checked the $100 deal and realize it started on the 6th and I bought a game a few days before thinking it counted but checking the details I quickly found out otherwise and fixed things accordingly.

Only thing that interests me is Steins;Gate but I don't have PS+ at the moment and may wait longer for a cheaper price than $27.99.

That's weird ive always been able to use my ps3 avatar for ps4, just not buy em threw ps4.
Also with custom avatars on ps4 why would you want to buy avatars any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back