PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been on the fence about it myself but $7.99 is a tough pill to swallow considering I just bought River City Sports All Star Challenge week before last for $24.99 and still haven't downloaded it.
I've been interested in some of the arcade archives games (like Rygar), but 7.99 is just way too much for any of them.

New game from the Demon Gaze folks, out here in March. Supposed to be a "western" take on the genre but no idea what that means.
Art / equipment etc is more 'medieval' than western. It's really beautiful, actually. Game is supposed to be a very solid drpg with some unique mechanics. I've read a lot about it; it was my number one hope for localization and I can't wait for it to get here!

Some points I remember offhand:

1) Characters can change class something like 5 times? It halves your level but you retain some stats and skills, so if you're looking to super-customize or max out a character you can.

2) There is some sort of per-character setting that controls some sort of 'life force'. Basically, you can pick how many times a character can die throughout the game. Low numbers will give significant stat bonuses on levelups, but if you die and run out of life force, the character is dead. Or you can put high numbers... you might not get the super most powerful character, but they won't die on you. I'm not totally sure of the exact mechanics in play, but that's the basics.

Pocket God Vs Desert Ashes...

FEEDBACK

I gave this some time last night on my Vita and wanted to just report back here so those curious about the game would know if it's worth their $1 or not. If you are familiar with and a fan of Advance Wars or the dev's past games Mecho Wars and Desert Ashes, and you like/love them then Pocket God Vs Desert Ashes falls right in line with that formula. Even if you aren't familiar with those games, it's a really solid turn based strategy game. It has restricted map based locations and the game will step you through the basics with the intro levels. The object on most maps ultimately becomes capturing the enemy base by moving an infantry type unit on it and choosing the option to capture it. There are a good variety of allies to recruit/make for cash and a good flow to capturing buildings to make more cash to get better allies to take down the enemy. It's a little bit chess & a little bit risk with a quirky story thrown in to provide a little purpose to the battles. There's no grinding to level up stuff like Disgaea, pieces are more chess like in having all their stats preset. So the game at the core is pure strategy. You don't worry about losing troops, just about the best way to get a victory. The quicker you can accomplish that with the least loss the better, but a win is ultimately a win even if you lose most of your forces in the process.

For a buck, get it if you even remotely like turn based strategy games... especially if you like the Advance Wars classic formula of battle. It definitely scratches that itch.

Granted I'm not through with the single player side of things yet (they say it's 10 hours), but what I played was all excellent and it fills the void Advance Wars left behind.
Thanks for the info -- I just bought this for $1! I had never even heard of it before your post, but now I have a new Advance Wars-type game to play. :)

I also got the first two episodes of Desert Ashes, which are free for PS Plus (there's a third episode that costs $2). It's only for Vita, though, which means I won't be able to play it unless I actually get a Vita (unlikely) or a PS TV (much more likely).

Has anyone seen the PS TV on sale again since that eBay bundle a few weeks ago? The bundle was $50 for a PS TV, The Lego Movie Video Game for Vita, and a DualShock 3. I was tempted at the time because I'd love to have access to all the Vita games I've gotten from PS Plus over the last few years, but I foolishly thought it might go lower for Black Friday.

Could I please get an honest overview of what I'm getting if I buy DOA:LR plus Ultimate content?
It looks to me like you just get DOA5:LR and a crapload of costumes, but maybe someone will correct me. Sadly, it's still not all of the DLC costumes either, there are bunches more. I can't convince myself to pay $40 for costumes. Heck, I have a 20% off coupon and I still can't convince myself to pay $28 for costumes.

On a related note, has anyone played DOA5:LR with a friend using Share Play? I'm curious how it would work - I'm thinking lag would be a problem in this kind of game, giving the host a significant advantage.

Anyone else having some trouble with GH Live trophies?  Had a couple that didn't unlock when they should have an took repeating the task to get and now I'm at 13 days minimum of logging into GHTV in a row without the 10 day streak trophy.  Got the 5 day one 8 days ago and have played multiple times every day.  They seem to have patched it and added a couple small things so maybe that screwed it up and the daily log in rewards thing has only ever showed up like three times (and never moved beyond day 1) but that didn't stop me from getting the 5 day one.

Well.. crap. Walking Dead S2 is not cross buy is it? I Checked and it shows that i dont own the PS3 version. I was hoping it would be free since it was free on PS4

I was going to play season 2 finally but my saves are on ps3. If its not cross buy is there any way to get my saves from the ps3 version to ps4? I'm pretty sure your decisions and stuff carry over between games dont they?

Well.. crap. Walking Dead S2 is not cross buy is it? I Checked and it shows that i dont own the PS3 version. I was hoping it would be free since it was free on PS4

I was going to play season 2 finally but my saves are on ps3. If its not cross buy is there any way to get my saves from the ps3 version to ps4? I'm pretty sure your decisions and stuff carry over between games dont they?
TellTale games aren't crossbuy, and the saves do carry your decisions between seasons. I just realized I'm kind of in the same boat, I played Seasons 1 and 2 on PS3 but I'll probably be getting future seasons for PS4. They may have to come up with some kind of cross-save solution because I imagine others are in the same situation.

Telltale has already released multiple games including sequels on the new platforms. If they were going to come up with a cross-save solution for previous gen they would have done it back when those games originally released. 

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/gems-of-war/cid=UP4040-CUSA02829_00-GEMSOFWARPS40001

There's a new free-to-play game that's out now called Gems of War, which is from the creators of Puzzle Quest and very much resembles that game from what the screenshots show of it. There is also a PS+ Bundle with some bonus stuff to get you started.
Following this up, I made a Guild in the game called "CheapAssGamer". There are no limits to joining, though I don't know if there is a limit to the roster size. In the few minutes since I set it up, it seems to have been filled, so I may make it invite only if these are not CAGs in the group.

Edit: They all appear to be randoms, so I booted them and made the guild invite only. Let me know on here or PSN if you want in and I'll invite anybody here to the guild.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/gems-of-war/cid=UP4040-CUSA02829_00-GEMSOFWARPS40001

There's a new free-to-play game that's out now called Gems of War, which is from the creators of Puzzle Quest and very much resembles that game from what the screenshots show of it. There is also a PS+ Bundle with some bonus stuff to get you started.
Cool. I've been wanting a gem matching game on the PS4. It looked like the Marvel Puzzle Quest one was the only one. I haven't looked up yet if that one is any good.

It looks to me like you just get DOA5:LR and a crapload of costumes, but maybe someone will correct me. Sadly, it's still not all of the DLC costumes either, there are bunches more. I can't convince myself to pay $40 for costumes. Heck, I have a 20% off coupon and I still can't convince myself to pay $28 for costumes.

On a related note, has anyone played DOA5:LR with a friend using Share Play? I'm curious how it would work - I'm thinking lag would be a problem in this kind of game, giving the host a significant advantage.
Thanks I just wish they would put an actual number in terms of costumes I'm getting, especially in terms of characters. I'm at the point I may just ask my friend who's a big DOA fan.

I do know I will be buying "Deception 4" on PS4 regardless.

Following this up, I made a Guild in the game called "CheapAssGamer". There are no limits to joining, though I don't know if there is a limit to the roster size. In the few minutes since I set it up, it seems to have been filled, so I may make it invite only if these are not CAGs in the group.

Edit: They all appear to be randoms, so I booted them and made the guild invite only. Let me know on here or PSN if you want in and I'll invite anybody here to the guild.
I'd love to join, won't be opening my new PS4 for a couple weeks though. But if you send a request to my gamertag (same as my name on CAG) I'll join in early December.

Thanks I just wish they would put an actual number in terms of costumes I'm getting, especially in terms of characters. I'm at the point I may just ask my friend who's a big DOA fan.

I do know I will be buying "Deception 4" on PS4 regardless.
From the description:

"Includes the following costume and movie sets originally released for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, for a total of 237 items!"

The only movie set seems to be the Private Paradise set, which is 12. That makes it 225 costumes.

From my time with Fallout 4, my Dog of the Year vote will have to go with Diamond Dog from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Trying to navigate this mission in ArcJet with Danse was an act of futility trying to get both of them in an elevator in the latter parts of the mission.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/15/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11172015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: November 17th, 2015

Arcade Archives Shanghai III - $7.99
PS4 — Digital

In this sequel to the legendary mahjong tile-matching puzzle game, players pick from an assortment of Zodiac-themed tile patterns such as Dragon, Tiger, etc. The object is to clear all of the tiles from the screen by matching them in pairs.

The Crew Wild Run Edition - $39.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Get The Crew open world driving MMO and The Crew Wild Run expansion in one! Ride recklessly across the entire US map. Customize your cars, monster trucks and motorcycles for mayhem on- and off-road.

Deadpool - $49.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

A few important things I need to say before you crack into my insanely sweet game: (oof, here we go again) I’m a mercenary with an accelerated healing factor, I’ve been described as unstable, which is just plain coo-coo, I’m gonna battle for the safety of humans and mutants. Be prepared for just about anything. (Holla!)

Dreamals - TBA
PS4 — Digital

Having been summoned to a dream world, the three animals embark on an adventure to go back to their world. Each animal can move only in one direction. Combine them wisely to find a path to the key.

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series — Episode 6 - $4.99, Free for Season Subs
PS4, PS3 — Digital

You either win, or you die. Episode six of the six part episodic game series set in the world of HBO’s groundbreaking TV show.

HTR+ - $9.99 (Steam)
PS Vita — Digital

HTR+ is a slot car racing simulator, a virtual version of the classic toy of the 80´s and 90´s. HTR+ offers 3 different difficulty levels and 18 tracks that include several challenges like loops, jumps, crossroads, narrows, and high speed curves.

Monster High: New Ghoul in School - $39.99
PS3 — Digital

Welcome, new ghoul! Come roam the halls of Monster High and get to know your new classmates. Join clubs, make friends and dress up in fierce fashions. But be aware, there’s something strange going on at Monster High!

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Out 11/18)

The beginning of the Resident Evil Revelations 2 tale sees fan favorite Claire Redfield make a dramatic return. Survivor of the Raccoon City incident depicted in previous Resident Evil games, Claire now works for the anti-bioterrorism organization Terra Save. She and Moira Burton are attending a company party for Terra Save when unknown armed forces storm the office, capture Claire and Moira and take them to a dark and abandoned detention facility on a mysterious island.

Star Wars Battlefront - $59.99, $69.99, $119.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Feeling the ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down on the frozen tundra of Hoth. Rebel forces firing blasters as Imperial speeder bikes zip through the lush forests of Endor. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of.

Super Star Wars - TBA
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Enhanced for PS4 with new save features, leaderboards, Trophies, and updated display and controller options. Risk your life as a Jedi Knight! Join Luke, Han, and Chewbacca in their fierce war against the evil Empire.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - $59.99
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Journey into the world of ALfheim Online for the very first time! Join Kirito as he ventures online to explore Svart Alfheim, a brand-new area of ALfheim Online. This original storyline includes new and returning characters and exclusive environments in the ultimate Virtual Reality universe.

From my time with Fallout 4, my Dog of the Year vote will have to go with Diamond Dog from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Trying to navigate this mission in ArcJet with Danse was an act of futility trying to get both of them in an elevator in the latter parts of the mission.
ITS A WOLF

NOT A DOG

HUEY WAS RIGHT

THE ENTIRE BASE IS MADMEN WHO CALL A WOLF A DOG!

What choice did he have?!

Shanghai III for $7.99? I hope some of these Arcade Archives titles go on sale during the holidays. They can't possibly be selling well at that price.

I learned yesterday that my grandma's sister confused two of my Facebook posts and came to the conclusion that I'm the creator of Fallout 4.  She's been calling relatives and telling them to go buy a copy, and they've been saying they would.

Well no... I'm that guy. He's Hubert Joly. :) Look for him in the best buy threads.
aohw5rt.png

TellTale games aren't crossbuy, and the saves do carry your decisions between seasons. I just realized I'm kind of in the same boat, I played Seasons 1 and 2 on PS3 but I'll probably be getting future seasons for PS4. They may have to come up with some kind of cross-save solution because I imagine others are in the same situation.

Telltale has already released multiple games including sequels on the new platforms. If they were going to come up with a cross-save solution for previous gen they would have done it back when those games originally released.

So basically i'm just fucked then? Its not x-buy and there is no way to import saves from PS3 to PS4 between games? Well screw it then. I guess im not bothering to play season 2 on ps4. Guess i'll wait a bit to see if theres a 'complete' version after the Michone stuff comes out then pick up the PS3 version on disk if there is, or the current version if there isn't. Lame

Gaming has gotten so complicated..
Gone are they days I could just blow on a cartridge and put the game in and play it from there.

Funny thing, I worked at Best Buy when Hubert Joly took over as ceo. Gave out this really long speech to the stores about his change and about not being a show room for Amazon. Months later they are a show room for Samsung and Apple so people can see what they want to buy on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back