PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
for anyone who brought Tales of Borderlands last sale could get a $10 psn code for their troubles. go to the playstation support chat and basically say you brought it last sale and it is not right to have it to become cheaper only days later. they will check your account transication and if you have ps plus since that how the price would be cheaper during this sale. yea the pricing differents is not big but hey i said something, got more than my refund back. so with the $10 code and w/ left over change on account i now brought FFVII and got a  awesome piano theme along w/ it. 

I managed to get a $10 certificate from Playstation support too. I went to the support site and clicked around some articles about billing/PSN until I saw the "Live Chat" option on the bottom next to youtube and facebook and stuff, then I clicked that and initiated the livechat and got the cert.

I was able to hit the webstore from my computer (with firefox), browse through the sale, open game pages, added a game to my cart... etc.   Looks like it's working for me (and I am signed in).  Maybe it's a regional issue?  I'm in the South East.

I did a chat as well and got a $10 gift card for my troubles instead of a refund. I didn't complain or bitch when I called, though. I just told them it was cheaper now and asked if there was anything they could do. The rep was very nice and helpful. Getting a $10 credit was a much nicer solution than a partial refund!

Sketchcross is garbage. The UI is shit wiith terrible loading times and the controls are ridiculous. You have to hold O while tapping to mark an X. Not possible to do both with your right hand! And I'm pretty sure puzzle 3 has two solutions, one of which is not correct according to the game. Check it out if you already wasted money on this trash. Busted picross puzzles are a HUGE fail.
Decided to go ahead and buy this. The tutorial covered the controls but not very clearly. The Dpad or "Cross" as they call it can be used for moving around the cursor block. X then fills in a block and Square button marks an x on a block. So you don't need the touch controls at all.

Puzzle 3 does appear to have two solutions. SO yeah that sucks they didn't check for that kind of stuff.

My biggest beef with the the game is it took me about 5 min to blow through the tutorial and first 11 stages. I'm sure the later stages will take more time but pretty quickly the core content is going to be wiped out. Though, for the money it's not bad. The controls are 1000x better than I thought they would be thanks to the dpad and x/square control method.

If I already used a 20% coupon from the PS4 I just bought can you use another by buying one or is it one per account. Looking to get a few things and it would save some $$. Thanks in advance

Very good.

Pros -- solid dungeon design, good combat system, pretty cool lewt/ crafting. d&d style spell casting - every level you open up new spells, and can only use each X times per dungeon visit. Really makes you care about when you cast.

Cons -- game is basically 2 older games put together, and so the interface is far more 'old school' than you might be used to. it's not the end of the world, it's just a bit janky re: inventory, etc.

You can choose between 'new' graphics which is basically modern anime portraits of your players, or the original 'paper doll' style. The paper doll style is a bit uglier, but it shows all armor/weapon equips so i greatly preferred it.

there's also a really cool system in place -- a 'danger meter' where the longer you stay in a dungeon, the more powerful enemies get. [you can also lower the danger meter by running from combat].

Oh - and there is free dlc that you can equip on a member to make the game's enemies harder and drop better lewt. I recommend this highly, although there's one boss you may want to take it off for.

I happily plat'd it. It's not the best dungeon crawler or anything, but it's above average and worth your time if you like the genre.
How does it compare to Demon Gaze? On my personal scale, I'd give Demon Gaze a 6.5/10 - I enjoy the genre but the game had inconsistent difficulty and got a little boring at times. I might pick this one up if you liked it as much as Demon Gaze.

[quote name="muelly" post="13089749" timestamp="1449618688"]I'm wondering this too

Stay far far away.

I contacted PS Support Chat and got the $10 code. I got almost enough to get Tales of Hearts R and Rebirth 2. I'm just $0.22 short. Looks like I have to use my card. I wish Sony has $5 voucher/codes. 

Edit: Looks like the site is down again. As soon as I hit Confirm Purchase, it has a message stating Site Not Available. 

I contacted PS Support Chat and got the $10 code. I got almost enough to get Tales of Hearts R and Rebirth 2. I'm just $0.22 short. Looks like I have to use my card. I wish Sony has $5 voucher/codes.

Edit: Looks like the site is down again. As soon as I hit Confirm Purchase, it has a message stating Site Not Available.
Why not just buy a $20 psn card and have a little extra for next week. I mean, unless you never ever buy digital games ever you will eventually use the credit for something.

Side option, if you have been shopping at Gamestop and have enough PUR points saved up you can get a few $$ PSN credit on there. 3900 points gets $3 in PSN credit.

Why not just buy a $20 psn card and have a little extra for next week. I mean, unless you never ever buy digital games ever you will eventually use the credit for something.

Side option, if you have been shopping at Gamestop and have enough PUR points saved up you can get a few $$ PSN credit on there. 3900 points gets $3 in PSN credit.
Thanks a lot. Money kinda short at the moment so I just used my paypal to add $5. I do have over 13000 points so I might use them in the future.

Fairly certain that Shovel Knight is the final game of the year I've been waiting for to go on sale now that Axiom Verge finally dipped in price. Hoping this Holiday Sale delivers. This first week is pretty decent. 

Sketchcross is garbage. The UI is shit wiith terrible loading times and the controls are ridiculous. You have to hold O while tapping to mark an X. Not possible to do both with your right hand! And I'm pretty sure puzzle 3 has two solutions, one of which is not correct according to the game. Check it out if you already wasted money on this trash. Busted picross puzzles are a HUGE fail.
Thanks. Was going to get it, but now I know better.

I did a chat as well and got a $10 gift card for my troubles instead of a refund. I didn't complain or bitch when I called, though. I just told them it was cheaper now and asked if there was anything they could do. The rep was very nice and helpful. Getting a $10 credit was a much nicer solution than a partial refund!
I've worked in customer service before so I'm not the type to complain or feel entitled. So I started a chat with a rep & asked if there was anything she could do for the price difference and she just told me no. I was still nice and said, "we'll are you sure? I know people who were able to get the difference credited for the same exact game purchases." Her reply was, "Every case is different, even if you say you bought the same game." I said thank you and ended the chat. No $10 cert for me.

Edit- decided to try a new rep just to see if it would be different. Had no problem receiving the $10 voucher. He looked at my account & said they'd offer a voucher for the inconvenience, Thanks for the heads up! I know they don't usually do stuff like this for price drops but I appreciate it.

Does anyone know of a good PSN card purchase at the moment? Anything off eBay with email delivery for example. I'm getting a few things this week but wouldn't mind combining deals if they're out there

Thanks. Was going to get it, but now I know better.
Sketchcross isn't as bad as what was mentioned. The controls with the dpad, X & Square works perfectly fine. You don't have to use the touch screen for the game though it does help when speed running a level you already know the solution to. The loading while a little long at moments along with the lack of a retry button on the level complete page are annoying but not really end of the world bad. The speed run mode with random levels is actually pretty good. it makes up, to some degree, for the game made up of only 50 main levels (10 of which are super easy 5x5 levels).

For it's sale price of less than $2, I think it's worth getting if you want a puzzle game. It's not what I would hope for from a generic picross/nonogram/hanjie game (I'd want 20x more levels and a simpler interface and no timer based leaderboards for the main levels)... it won't replace any of the better regular premium picross games from Nintendo (even Mario's Picross) but it's no where near as was bad said.

Thanks a lot. Money kinda short at the moment so I just used my paypal to add $5. I do have over 13000 points so I might use them in the future.
The deal with GS is good in a pinch. Not sure how long it is for them to deliver (I just buy the coupons for used games with my points, and those are instant) but it's a nice to know there are options for free PSN money. Same for the Sony Rewards points thing (though that tends to take about 3 days). I've managed to get $20 or $30 in PSN credit just by having that linked to my account for PSN purchases. Thankfully right now I can just buy the psn cards without thinking too much about the ole budget... but I've been in more than my fair share of pinches. Ultimately I end up just not buying anything in those situations or limit myself to what I wanted most. Some of the Vita games, for instance, I'd rather own in physical form just to keep from needing to upgrade from my 8gb card.

Idk how trying once more makes me entitled. I even told the 2nd rep that I wasn't expecting anything and only tried again because the first rep left a bad taste in my mouth with how she ended the conversation. He said, "maybe she's new but she definitely could have helped more than to say, ''nothing I can do.'

Now if I had demanded a voucher & been rude I could understand that being entitled. Or maybe I'm just a liar & I'm entitled to everything.

i've bought it but haven't played it yet, but will note this is counter to other reviews I've read.

I'll need to check out puzzle 3 soon -- nothing against you, but i've seen plenty of people complain games like Hexcells aren't winnable, or are 'guessing games' because they just missed something. I'll dl and try later, but if you could post a screenshot of it i'd love to see it sooner.

http://www.housemarque.com/blog/

Housemarque is doing a series of little bits of info on their games for the month celebrating Christmas, which ranges from a few screenshots to pictures of what they have on their desks to PSX pictures. The latest item on Day 9 is concept art for their Jarvis Project game that was made to help define the mood they were going for, though they say the game has changed quite a bit since then so it's not all that applicable to the current state of the game. They did a cool Resogun X Ikaruga mash-up piece of art since they're big fans of the game.

You can be polite and still feel entitled. I'm not knocking you - I would have definitely felt entitled to a refund of the difference if I bought something a week ago and it was cheaper now too. It's your disclaimer that you worked in customer service before that implies that you have the moral high ground more than anyone else griping about the sale price difference. Even if someone was being whiny or rude, they deserve to get it as much as you.

Idk how trying once more makes me entitled. I even told the 2nd rep that I wasn't expecting anything and only tried again because the first rep left a bad taste in my mouth with how she ended the conversation.
pG02glv.gif

You can be polite and still feel entitled. I'm not knocking you - I would have definitely felt entitled to a refund of the difference if I bought something a week ago and it was cheaper now too. It's your disclaimer that you worked in customer service before that implies that you have the moral high ground more than anyone else griping about the sale price difference. Even if someone was being whiny or rude, they deserve to get it as much as you.
You're right, I'm sorry. Can we hug now?

https://www.facebook.com/SketchcrossGame/posts/533152433500268?comment_id=533168290165349&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D

One of the things the developer of Sketchcross promised for the game was free monthly DLC with new puzzles, which obviously hasn't happened. They've gone quiet on their Twitter, but the last post of any kind of them is back in October saying DLC and updates were still coming, so I'd hope the rash of purchases lights a fire under their ass to get that out ASAP. It also seems from their site that this game is basically the work of three people that are freshly out of school and are probably working regular jobs since the game didn't sell that well. There's even a postmortem if you want to read about the issues they had making the game.

Man, on Chrome I can't use the webstore at all and on Firefox I can browse and add to the cart but get errors when trying to check out. Looks like I won't be able to do my purchase until I get home.

Can somebody please post a link to the live chat support on Sonys website so I can possibly get the voucher after buying tales from the borderlands last week?

I can't find the live chat on my phone, thanks for any help

http://www.housemarque.com/blog/

Housemarque is doing a series of little bits of info on their games for the month celebrating Christmas, which ranges from a few screenshots to pictures of what they have on their desks to PSX pictures. The latest item on Day 9 is concept art for their Jarvis Project game that was made to help define the mood they were going for, though they say the game has changed quite a bit since then so it's not all that applicable to the current state of the game. They did a cool Resogun X Ikaruga mash-up piece of art since they're big fans of the game.
That day 9 jarvis piece was an instead desktop background for me. Thanks! now to look at the rest.

Thanks for the live chat link, I asked if I could get the TFBL sale price difference refunded and got a $5 code which is more than fair.

Does anyone know of a good PSN card purchase at the moment? Anything off eBay with email delivery for example. I'm getting a few things this week but wouldn't mind combining deals if they're out there
Rite Aid has a Plenti deal which is really excellent. Buy $40 in PSN cards, get $8 in Plenti points (limit 2 offers per account, so you can get $80 in cards with $16 in Plenti points).

Just use the Plenti points for gas at any Exxon (or for other stuff at Rite Aid or AT&T), gives you effectively 80 in PSN credit for $64 (20% off).

Man, on Chrome I can't use the webstore at all and on Firefox I can browse and add to the cart but get errors when trying to check out. Looks like I won't be able to do my purchase until I get home.
Chrome still had the error message so I tried Firefox. I was able to make my purchase. Now to dust off the old vita.

Chrome still had the error message so I tried Firefox. I was able to make my purchases. Now to dust off the old vita, update and download my games.

Rite Aid has a Plenti deal which is really excellent. Buy $40 in PSN cards, get $8 in Plenti points (limit 2 offers per account, so you can get $80 in cards with $16 in Plenti points).

Just use the Plenti points for gas at any Exxon (or for other stuff at Rite Aid or AT&T), gives you effectively 80 in PSN credit for $64 (20% off).
That's a good deal, thanks for the tip!

Awesome and funny that we're getting better deal in the first week of December than we did on black Friday. 

No complaints here, just have had Citizens of Earth in my cart, but I can't make up my mind. The argument in my head of will this be cheaper and buy it it's only $5, lol.  :wall:

Thanks for the live chat link, I asked if I could get the TFBL sale price difference refunded and got a $5 code which is more than fair.
Thanks frisky

Unfortunately I only got a5 dollar code but better than nothing
Lol, they are probably getting hammered with so many refund requests that they had to lower the gift code from $10 to $5 so that they don't lose too much money.

Here is the broken puzzle 3 from Sketchcross.

http://imgur.com/a/Ejq0z

You'll see in the first pic there is no logical way to deduce what to fill in next. And in the second pic one possible solution is not recognized as correct in the game.

Besides all the other issues that make this a terrible picross game, broken puzzles are unforgivable. I wouldn't have made the initial post bashing the game that hard if it wasn't for this. Who knows how much worse later bigger puzzles are.

Just download Pokemon Picross and wait a few weeks for the same amount of content for free.

I got a $5 code for the Borderlands thing.  This is a confidence issue with me.  I will buy these games with little to no thought but I don't need to be toyed with.  Put the thing on sale and we don't need it again for $5 less in 4-5 days.  Same deal with PS+.  Try to keep these things separate.  Don't run a huge sale on a game two weeks before you drop it on us in the PS+ bundle for free monthly games.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back