PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Witcher 3 is hard on death march. I was traveling to right side of the first map and ran into some level 7 bandits and got killed. I need to find more healing items. Deer seem to be plentiful in this one area I visited.
lol, it really isn't. You can kill level 30+ at level ~6 on death march. You just don't know the mechanics yet.

Edit: More specifically, you need 2-10 skill points to start breaking the game.

2 points in arrow deflection, 7 points to get puppet, 1 point for rage management

Edit 2: Don't bother with deer.

Meat used to heal for like 10 seconds until a patch made it much shorter. It's not worth it. Drink water (or anything cheaper with similar healing), and focus on crafting Swallow potions. When you run out, your potions/bombs will all refill when you meditate, as long as you have alcohest. Don't bother making alcohest, because you'll find enough to never need to buy/craft any.

This is the steelbook case they mention as an early pre-order bonus for Valkyria Chronicles Remastered:

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/691747288511688704

lol, it really isn't. You can kill level 30+ at level ~6 on death march. You just don't know the mechanics yet.

2 points in arrow deflection, 7 points to get puppet, 1 point for rage management
Oddly enough, I was just watching a "Hardest Games of 2015" and Witcher 3 Death March was on the list.

They mentioned something about how you have to do everything to survive, you need to both learn and know the mechanics, and every type of side job/crafting to survive or you're dead. Nothing is optional.

On the same topic. it bugs me that said list used the higher difficulty levels to dictate that they were the hardest games of 2015. instead of the base/standard difficulty.

Oddly enough, I was just watching a "Hardest Games of 2015" and Witcher 3 Death March was on the list.

They mentioned something about how you have to do everything to survive, you need to both learn and know the mechanics, and every type of side job/crafting to survive or you're dead. Nothing is optional.
Eh. 14.49% have the trophy for beating the game on normal or higher, and 10.18% have it for death march. I don't think that'd be the case if the game was actually hard.

I didn't bother with decoctions, most skill points, nor bombs, and I got through without any real difficulty.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot there was a hard mode on top of Death March. So Death March is not really much harder than hard.

Eh. 14.49% have the trophy for beating the game on normal or higher, and 10.18% have it for death march. I don't think that'd be the case if the game was actually hard.

I didn't bother with decoctions, most skill points, nor bombs, and I got through without any real difficulty.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot there was a hard mode on top of Death March. So Death March is not really much harder than hard.
That's what I mean though... many of the games listed were based on their "Hard" mode.

When hardest games of the year should be based on the standard mode which everyone who plays the game will (more than likely) play.

It's also highly subjective. I don't find dungeon crawlers hard, or Platinum brawlers, cause they're my forte. But fuck I can't get anywhere in Soul games.

It's also highly subjective. I don't find dungeon crawlers hard, or Platinum brawlers, cause they're my forte. But fuck I can't get anywhere in Soul games.
I love all types of games.. but I am finding Resident Evil Zero frustrating on normal.

I am wondering if it's me, bad game design.. or just something.

Edit 2: Don't bother with deer.

Meat used to heal for like 10 seconds until a patch made it much shorter. It's not worth it. Drink water (or anything cheaper with similar healing), and focus on crafting Swallow potions. When you run out, your potions/bombs will all refill when you meditate, as long as you have alcohest. Don't bother making alcohest, because you'll find enough to never need to buy/craft any.
Looked at your trophies and I see you have 100% Witcher 3. nice.

I didn't know about the meditation refilling potions since I did go and craft swallow. Do I just run and go buy water from the inn or are you saying you can drink water from lakes and stuff?

Looked at your trophies and I see you have 100% Witcher 3. nice.

I didn't know about the meditation refilling potions since I did go and craft swallow. Do I just run and go buy water from the inn or are you saying you can drink water from lakes and stuff?
Buy water whenever you see it cheap. I think 5 gold or something is the norm. Maybe 10 gold. Or loot it. You'll run out if you use food to heal a lot. It's one of the better money to healing ratios, and is fairly available. There are some foods that are better, but it's hard to find more than a couple of.

I basically had swallow and water hot keyed most of the game. Swallow heals more, but is limited to how many you can carry between meditations. Water you can get a big stack of, but heals less.

P.S. Side note, I played the main campaign on PC first, so I actually just rushed through it for the platinum. So I knew what I was doing when I started on PS4 Death March, which is why I'm saying you just need to understand the mechanics, and then it's no longer that hard. And I was killing the expansion NPCs at an early level, which was what I was referring to. I had level 30+ weapons and armor by the time I was level 6 or 7.

Edit again... I actually almost beat Megatron in Transformers on my first try on hard. A pesky unexpected QTE threw me off. I actually have the video recorded and I've watched it through a couple of times and that QTE completely messed up my rhythm and it went from getting hit 0 times to flustered and dead cause of it. It was maddening and amusing at the same time. I had crap weapons, so it was like 10 minutes of not getting hit, so I was actually kinda proud of it.

With XBL seemingly having a UBISOFT week, think PSN will follow suite?

(I'm kinda hoping, I just loaded almost $200 on my PSN after a very good GS flip)

With XBL seemingly having a UBISOFT week, think PSN will follow suite?

(I'm kinda hoping, I just loaded almost $200 on my PSN after a very good GS flip)
We kind of already had that with AC games, Child of Light, Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon, Rayman Origins, and Splinter Cell Blacklist going on sale during the Essentials sale two weeks ago.

You can save yourself a bit of trouble by setting the match to where one goal wins the game and just do 2 vs 1. Still tough but not impossible by any means. Took me maybe 10 minutes.
Ended up trying to do it earnestly and the AI played like idiots. They refused to go after the ball on the tipoff, so I got a lot of goals on that first hit and let them fuck around when I missed to waste the rest of the time.

This game has got some amazing reviews, but the lack of physical release makes me not want it.

Specially at $40, might bite if there's no plan other than digital.
There's going to be a physical version. Anything that gets buzz seems to go physical eventually. It will likely take awhile, though.

Blow has already gone on record saying he is in talks with publishers to release a retail version. Says its likely, but because they were still working on the game, they focused on that to have it released on time digitally instead of delaying it and releasing both at the same time later.

40 dollars is a fair price considering how long it's been in development. I hope people pay the man- this game is likely not going free on ps plus for years

40 dollars is a fair price considering how long it's been in development. I hope people pay the man- this game is likely not going free on ps plus for years
Personally, I can wait. I'm sure I'll love it when I get around to playing it, but I'm confident it's at least 30% off in the next 12 months. I think with so many nursing healthy backlogs, a fairly decent spring schedule for retail releases, and multiplayer games from fall still taking up so much attention, this will get a bit lost in the shuffle. I'll probably grab it during its first sale.

Yeah after buying grim fandango on release and watching it go on PS+ like 3 months later, i'm happy to wait.  Yes, I know the two games are nothing alike and one is a remaster and one is a brand new game that has a ton of time poured into it.

Especially reading the news that Witness will be Oculus/Vive VR compatible, but no plans on making it Morpheus compatible.

I get your sentiment, but frankly the amount of time and money spent on development and the amount of people who worked on a game should be of no consequence to anyone. Those aren't what justify a price tag.

What does is having a quality product, in this case a game, that a market wants. Knowing this the creators should always price the product fairly to find the balance of what people are willing to spend for that product and reasonably compensating themselves or their business for the work performed. Hah that sounds bland and textbook.

The $40 IS a fair price because for all intents and purposes it is a good, well made, puzzle game. Created by a talented developer and for the most part the market is willing to bear that price for that level of quality and experience.

I think we just have to start moving the narrative away from things like like team size, time in development, game length, and physical vs digital etc. We need more "middle" tier games like The Witness, games that are generally more niche in appeal, but overall really help diversify a library and add experiences outside of the normal AAA grist( note that these can be and still are good games ).

Just so random unfocused thoughts here. Not sure $40 is right for me, but I definitely feel it is a fair puce to ask when considering the product you will get for that money.

Once it goes physical and the Sony exclusivity deal expires it will sell. I'll wait until Black Friday if I have to - hell I'm still waiting for Rise of Tomb Raider.

So, I'm not really a fan of Jon Blow as a person, I thought Braid was a pretty good game but all of the ultra-pretentious garbage in the narrative soured it for me.

That said, The Witness is absolutely fantastic and definitely worth $40. There is a metric fuck-ton of content in it, and if you liked The Talos Principle, you should play this ASAP. The best part is that there isn't even a real attempt at a story. There are occasional snippets of quotes and stuff, which are probably meant to evoke some sort of overarching theme, but hell if I can figure out what, exactly.

Instead of complaining about the game being $40, think about this: bigger developers and publishers shit out terrible, short games for $60 all the ding-dong time. Why is it so insane to charge $40 for a very well-made, lengthy game? This cognitive bias that games made by smaller teams or that are digital-only are worth less makes no sense to me, but maybe that's a console philosophy. After all, games on PC have been predominately digital-only for a very long time.

Did anyone else get that 1 day psn extension a while back? I have never heard of them doing that before, but it was only 1 day so it does not matter that much.

Hoping that Shovel Knight is a ps plus title for February since I hear a lot of good things about it.

Did anyone else get that 1 day psn extension a while back? I have never heard of them doing that before, but it was only 1 day so it does not matter that much.

Hoping that Shovel Knight is a ps plus title for February since I hear a lot of good things about it.
They've done it like 3 times.

Man, the download for The Division's beta is huge. I thought about getting an Xbox code, but with my internet the 1 day exclusivity doesn't even matter.

watched a gameplay on the tutorial on youtube and almost threw up... these first person games are horrible for my eyes.
Hate to say it, but I agree. I'm not sure what the big draw is here, graphically it looks like a mid-90's PC game like Myst or something. How is this worth $40? :whistle2:k

Looks like I was right!

FarCry Sale! (Updating)

Farcry 4 Gold PS4  $27

Farcry 4 Gold PS3 $27

Farcry 4 PS4 $19.80

Farcry 4 PS3 $19.80

Farcry 3 Ultimate PS3 $12.50

Farcry 2 $5.25

Farcry 4 PS4 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 PS3 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 Yeti PS4 $7.50

Farcry 4 Yeti PS3 $7.50

I cannot see the price of Farcry 3, Farcry Classic, or Blood Dragon

Looks like I was right!

FarCry Sale! (Updating)

Farcry 4 Gold PS4 $27

Farcry 4 Gold PS3 $27

Farcry 4 PS4 $19.80

Farcry 4 PS3 $19.80

Farcry 3 Ultimate PS3 $12.50

Farcry 2 $5.25

Farcry 4 PS4 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 PS3 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 Yeti PS4 $7.50

Farcry 4 Yeti PS3 $7.50

I cannot see the price of Farcry 3, Farcry Classic, or Blood Dragon
Far Cry 3 is $10

Classic is $2.50

Can't see Blood Dragon though

Solid sale on Square/Enix stuff.  I've been holding out on getting many FF games but I may go overboard this time.  Also Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve II, Vagrant Story & Front Mission 3 for $3 each seems cool to me.

I bought The Witness. This is actually the third most I've spent on a PS4 game; Street Fighter V and The Last of Us: Remastered being first and second. Normally I wait for a sale since they come quick enough.

I'm buying several day-one releases this year. Resident Evil 0, The Witness, Street Fighter V, and Persona 5 are locks.

Come to think of it, Resident Evil 0 might be the first PS4 game I bought that didn't have some kind of sale or discount attached to it. No, it was the Street Fighter V pre-order.

This might be a dumb question, but here goes ..... Is Far Cry 4 required to play Valley of the Yeti? I ask because there were a couple Ubisoft dlc's that they did standalone as well

Once it goes physical and the Sony exclusivity deal expires it will sell. I'll wait until Black Friday if I have to - hell I'm still waiting for Rise of Tomb Raider.
Doesn't look like you'll have to wait long to get Tomb Raider on the cheap.

That said, The Witness is absolutely fantastic and definitely worth $40. There is a metric fuck-ton of content in it, and if you liked The Talos Principle, you should play this ASAP.
Damn you, don't tell me this. I don't need another game on my wishlist/backlog. Especially with Lego Dimensions forcing my wallet to put out like a $2 hooker.

Not much for me but some pretty solid Squeenix deals.

And, wow, did not know a full $60 Dariusburst game was coming. I love shmups and sounds like it has a lot of content, but will have to wait on a sale.

Edit: Actually, didn't realize it's been out for over a month. Maybe it will be getting a sale price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back