PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

gJOK7l.gif

platinum25.png
#52 -
rkt3dt.jpg

Review

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/241/entry-25351-castlevania-lord-of-shadows-ps3-review-tips/
Nice shoulder pads.

The Vita/PSTV has been hacked and is easier to install and run than previous hacks. http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Allows for homebrew, whitelisting of apps and games, and emulators. It does not allow for pirated games or backups. Needs to be running the current firmware 3.60 to install. https://henkaku.xyz/
It doesn't currently support pirated games/backups, but I wouldn't count on that staying the case. PSP and PS1 will probably be along relatively soon.

It doesn't currently support pirated games/backups, but I wouldn't count on that staying the case. PSP and PS1 will probably be along relatively soon.
Yeah, although I'm a little confused in that if you can whitelist a game, shouldn't that apply to PSP and PS1 games that are available on the store that you have a license for, but Sony doesn't let you play on a Vita normally? I don't care about running PSP, PS1, or Vita games on it that I don't own or aren't available digitally but it'd be nice to be able to have everything you own digitally as an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, although I'm a little confused in that if you can whitelist a game, shouldn't that apply to PSP and PS1 games that are available on the store that you have a license for, but Sony doesn't let you play on a Vita normally? I don't care about running PSP, PS1, or Vita games on it that I don't own or aren't available digitally but it'd be nice to be able to have everything you own digitally as an option.
It does, yeah. Here's a thing about the whitelist from a while back:

http://www.thegamescabin.com/gravity-rush-plays-brilliantly-on-playstation-tv-so-do-other-unsupported-games/

Just to clarify; Henkaku not having support for PSP and PS1 just means you can't use pirated games of those formats within the hack. It doesn't prevent you from running those games that are normally supported the usual way you'd run them on the Vita. And the Whitelist, if you install it, expands upon the list for PS TV if you own the games. 

I just want Netflix and Hot Shots Golf on my PSTV so I'm in.

Never did the previous whitelisting trick, also never updated the device.

Hot Shots runs great on the Vita TV. Why the hell wasn't it whitelisted from the beginning? I'm not buying the PS3 version. Bastards.

If I had a second copy or a digital copy I would try out ad hoc mode.

Hot Shots runs great on the Vita TV. Why the hell wasn't it whitelisted from the beginning? I'm not buying the PS3 version. Bastards.

If I had a second copy or a digital copy I would try out ad hoc mode.
I'll probably try Wipeout 2048 on PS TV. I played it for a bit on Vita but I think I'd like it more with the DS4.

I personally prefer zen but some of you might be interested in this.

The Pinball Arcade PS4   $11.69 @Amazon

Attack from Mars
Big Shot
Black Hole
Black Knight
Bride of Pin-Bot
Cirqus Voltaire
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Elvira
Funhouse
Genie
Gorgar
Harley-Davidson
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
No Good Gofers
Ripley's Believe It or Not
Scared Stiff
Star Trek
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Taxi
Theater of Magic
Twilight Zone

Need for speed rivals Plat finally. Last trophy was racer rank 60 and only hard part was stupid grand tour event. Took like 5 tries to get it.

Great game overall but Plat gets to be good grind in the end. Liked cop mode the best.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Need for speed rivals Plat finally. Last trophy was racer rank 60 and only hard part was stupid grand tour event. Took like 5 tries to get it.

Great game overall but Plat gets to be good grind in the end. Liked cop mode the best.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I thought we were all waiting to finish up 24 hours since the last post.

Somebody is developing a game heavily inspired by FFXV, but as an action game with combo mechanics and the like. It looks pretty damn cool. Check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU

Somebody is developing a game heavily inspired by FFXV, but as an action game with combo mechanics and the like. It looks pretty damn cool. Check out the trailer:
The fact that this was apparently done by one guy over two years is kind of blowing my mind.

You finally got past the third Furi boss?

I just told one of my employees to tell another employee that is bothering her with a dumb question to tell her to fuck off.  I said it pretty loud across the floor.  Man I love the freedom to say what I want!

The fact that this was apparently done by one guy over two years is kind of blowing my mind.

You finally got past the third Furi boss?
Yeah, basically the 2nd time I sat down to play it. First time I got to the 3rd boss, then I left it for a couple weeks. I'm on the 5th now. Haven't quite figured out the best way to handle that boss's rush move where the throws you down and punches you in the face a few times. I think the game cheats on that grab, because I've been snatched when I'm a ways away, but hitting him as he rushes you seems to knock it off enough that I can dash away afterwards without the cheat being invoked.

Yeah, basically the 2nd time I sat down to play it. First time I got to the 3rd boss, then I left it for a couple weeks. I'm on the 5th now. Haven't quite figured out the best way to handle that boss's rush move where the throws you down and punches you in the face a few times. I think the game cheats on that grab, because I've been snatched when I'm a ways away, but hitting him as he rushes you seems to knock it off enough that I can dash away afterwards without the cheat being invoked.
If I'm thinking of the right move, that's a counter that he only uses if you attack when he can use his shield and isn't executing some other move. You shouldn't ever get hit by (or even see) that move if you only hit him while he's doing another attack.

If I'm thinking of the right move, that's a counter that he only uses if you attack when he can use his shield and isn't executing some other move. You shouldn't ever get hit by (or even see) that move if you only hit him while he's doing another attack.
There are two struggle moves against that boss. One where you're both standing, which is what I think you're talking about and ends (if you win) with a strong slash that knocks him down, and another where he knocks you down and punches you a few times , then you struggle up and shoot him a few times to make him back off. It's the 2nd I'm talking about. I think you can parry the 2nd, but usually I'm charging my heavy slash attack when he rushes and that makes it harder to parry.

There are to struggle moves against that boss. One where you're both standing, which is what I think you're talking about and ends (if you win) with a strong slash that knocks himj down, and another where he knocks you down and punches you a few times , then you struggle up and shoot him a few times to make him back off. It's the 2nd I'm talking about. I think you can parry the 2nd, but usually I'm charging my heavy slash attack when he rushes and that makes it harder to parry.
No, the second one is what I was referring to. Maybe it's because I figured out when to hit the boss, but I never saw that move the last two times I fought him; I noticed that he only really did it if you attacked him while he was blocking.

Yeah, I remember playing that. You fought all the enemies using kung fu-like attacks, requiring you to press the buttons in a certain order. (square square, triangle square) I don't remember it being that great and it had pretty blocky pixels even for back in the day.
I only played the first game on PS1 (Legend of Legaia), but other than the battle system, I don't think it's aged all that well. The boss music is still pretty epic, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO4Z833om8M

Second one doesn't seem too terrible. Combat is at ~6m. 7m45s has a rather weird sequence at the end of the fight where the guy scratches his ass repeatedly for 15s. Strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLZar7m9Jw

bread's done
Back