PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

This season of Person of Interest will be the final season. Only 13 episodes, starts May 3 with new episodes on Monday and Tuesday of each week.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/16/person-interest-season-5-cbs-good-wife-series-finale?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Sucks that it's getting burnt off like that after having a good run. I hope they wrap it up in a satisfying way.
Is the show reasonably decent throughout? I've thought about checking it out but haven't yet. This might be a good time to start doing so.

Is the show reasonably decent throughout? I've thought about checking it out but haven't yet. This might be a good time to start doing so.
Yeah. Starting out, it's more of a crime of the week show with bits of the overall arc sprinkled in. Later, it still sort of focuses on a different case every week, but they're tied into the main story more often than not.

The Xcom board game looked cool so at the very least this game has a good pedigree.

I've heard the Uncharted card game (physical card game, not the Vita one) is decent and I've been meaning to check it out. Not super deep or anything but a good filler game at least.

Also keep thinking about picking up the Bioshock Infinite board game.

EDF 2 was low stock at my gamestop so I was afraid I would end up with the gutted copy, but they had one more sealed left, score. Now to sit on it for a month in case it goes on sale for a better price at BB or on PSN. It's probably just as well I don't play it right after playing Helldivers for a month.

Watched some gameplay videos, it's nice that you can customize the functions of the front and rear touchpad. Some options include moving the camera or activating the zoom function for the sniping rifles. Though the game seems to drop you in with zero tutorial with the first mission. I still haven't been able to find a list of the controls anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen zootopia?
Saw it last week, kids loved it. I wasn't expecting the general theme that it had throughout the movie...

... of racism and tolerance.

So I hated it for that, because
photo-322352.jpg

But seriously, it was decent but predictable towards the end.

I love Person of Interest but glad its ending this year, was starting to burn out a bit and really would have suffered from a 6th (or longer!) season.  Season 4 was definitely a dip in quality I think.

Any of you No Man's Sky apologists care to try to convince me of why it's going to be so awesome? 

I want to buy into the hype but it just seems like it would get boring as fuck after a few hours...

Any of you No Man's Sky apologists care to try to convince me of why it's going to be so awesome?

I want to buy into the hype but it just seems like it would get boring as fuck after a few hours...
Well it was recently revealed that you would have to learn bizarre alien languages and if you screw it up they become hostile.

51AmI2uN0tL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

I'm sure at the end of this year no man's sky VR will be the best selling game of all time and I'm going to look like an idiot.
Kind of a low bar to clear, no?

Do agree with Kracker though. I saw the presentation at E3 last year and thought it looked amazingly boring. Worries me a little bit that so little has come out about it

No tattoos here. I may be the only person under 40 in the Portland Metro area without any.

Wife has several, and wants another.

I almost feel like not having any makes me stand out.

No tattoos here. I may be the only person under 40 in the Portland Metro area without any.

I could never think of anything to get that I wanted on my body permanently.

Could see getting my kids name or something now I guess, but just seems like a waste of money.

Read the thread, dummy.

-the thread
My bad, I thought this was the thread where we're so worried about being the first to post or respond to something that we don't bother to check to see if anyone's already posted or answered something 15 times and we just do it anyway. Must be confused with that other PSNOT thread.

I'm laughing at my 4 year old niece talking to my sister. Here's her idea of a joke:

Niece: Mom, what do you get when you put a chicken with another chicken in a bread?
My sister: I don't know. What?
Niece: It's funny.
Me (an asshole): You saying it's funny doesn't make it funny.

My sister is making green velvet cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow and my niece is "helping".
Niece: Pretend I put this [ingredient] in there.
My sister: What if I don't?
Niece: You will.
My sister (to me): That's the reasoning of a 4 year old.

My sister was also telling my niece that she was kind of stinky and needed to bathe before bed. With this in mind my niece dips her finger in the frosting and tells me to taste it.
Me: I don't think I want to lick that.
Niece: I don't care. Taste it.
Thankfully my sister gave her a spoon for me to taste it with.

Kids.

None here either. The wife's back is covered, though, and she wants to get at least a couple more soon for her wrists.

My bad, I thought this was the thread where we're so worried about being the first to post or respond to something that we don't bother to check to see if anyone's already posted or answered something 15 times and we just do it anyway. Must be confused with that other PSNOT thread.
Shit, you mean it isn't?? Aw man, I'm lurking the wrong thread again!

Finished SoA. Pretty much ended the only way it could but like every show I have seen to the end it was very anti climactic. Good show still.

I think I want to get rings like jax had only they wouldn't say sons. They would say psnot. I would probably need a third ring on the pinky for the t.

For those still needing a Helldiver homeworld assault victory, I guess all the noob PS+ players cleared out as the Illuminate homeworld assault going on right now looks like its going to succeed in 42ish hours on the 1st try. Do a double XP illuminate mission and you'll get a trophy if the event succeeds.

If anyone was needing help with the boss trophies let me know, I know how to beat the Great Eye pretty easy, and somewhat the cyborg tank, less so the giant bug.
I'm down for the boss trophies. Gonna head home and pack some more right now. I'll probably be able to play on Saturday or Sunday once I get settled into the new place.

So I didn't actually look at the poll results til now, saw that 4 people voted yes so I tried to use my talents at being judgmental to figure out who it was. 0/2 so far with two people still yet to vote (thanks for making me wrong Kilik and Cleaner, go get a tattoo you assholes!)

Mild I was 50/50 on so no big surprise there. CrazyDiamond I definitely thought that he did but just didn't think he had voted yet. But yeah, still depressed with my stereotyping abilities right now.

So I didn't actually look at the poll results til now, saw that 4 people voted yes so I tried to use my talents at being judgmental to figure out who it was. 0/2 so far with two people still yet to vote (thanks for making me wrong Kilik and Cleaner, go get a tattoo you assholes!)

Mild I was 50/50 on so no big surprise there. CrazyDiamond I definitely thought that he did but just didn't think he had voted yet. But yeah, still depressed with my stereotyping abilities right now.
Backlog and pancakes?

I have seven different mortal kombat tattoos.

Dead Nation Vita complete.

CrazyD, thanks for running through the co-op with me.

I tried to start this game a couple of times. Never got.past 5 minutes. Thought it was not for me. But Wren kept going on and on about it, so I pushed through the first chapter and I was hooked.

Some really tough sections especially on Morbid mode.

Wren, is the Road to Devestation DLC worth a play? Did it come for free with the PS4 version?

20-4 is pretty surprising though. Seems harder to find people without any tattoos these days..you guys are the hipsters now.
It should be 1st prize in Zimm's March Madness league. A tattoo celebrating the defeat of last year's winner, Tyler. Maybe something like this:

tumblr_inline_ncfpiwf8hu1siyyqt.jpg

Backlog and pancakes?
You I was pretty sure on. I thought Mild and Zimm were sure things too. Must be because he was bald.

I got a shitty tattoo after a night of drinking my freshmen year. It was some stupid Korean proverb (it was between that and a tiger tattoo on my back like the yakuza do it) thinking it was damn cool, it wasn't. Got that shit removed a few months later.

bread's done
Back