PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

MLB Premium is free the rest of the year if you do the following

http://mlb.mlb.com/sponsors/wendys/mlbtv/?partnerId=ed-10697596-55428157

1) Buy a Wendy's Frosty

2) Take a photo of your Frosty

3) Put the photo on twitter or instagram to your account (public) with #50CENTFROSTYMLB

4) Wait for a DM with instructions on how to redeem 24-48 hours after

Must have a public Twitter or Instagram account. Valid to the first 34,000 fans. Redemption period 8/15 - 8/31.

No way they haven't run out by now, especially with people just stealing pictures from other people.
I have been reading your tweets in the voices of Regular Sized Rudy and Schmuely for months now.

whoever said it earlier (eric?) nailed it - you know 100% of what you're getting with ff15 at this point.  if you preorder it but you only like turn based mid-90s final fantasy then you are an idiot and all of your internet bitching is invalidated.  if you're willing to give it a shot as a different kind of jrpg with an open mind and it actually turns out to be not that great, then I'll listen.  I think it's going to be awesome.  at the very least some good eye candy and a silly story.

FF15 is by far the most appealing FF to me because it looks like there's a lot more action in the combat. I'm actually hyped for it.

I'll probably still hate it tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
FF15 is by far the most appealing FF to me because it looks like there's a lot more action in the combat. I'm actually hyped for it.

I'll probably still hate it tho.
Ditto. I wasnt impressed with the demo but its enough action to have me pre order it since its $10 BB cert. Then I can bash the dumb Japanesiness of it.

zVUgxuLpc1auY.gif

#rehash

Yeah, I got 4.00 beta code a couple hours ago too. One of my kids installed the beta for me. Won't be able to check it out until late tonight.

Does anyone play NBA 2K?

Woman at work wants to preorder it for her son.  There are 3 editions of the physical (and I assume digital). 

The $99.96 (before $19.99 off for Prime) version Elite Gold comes with 100K Virtual Currency.  I assume to buy players or something in game?  What is 100K virtual currency worth?  

She has Amazon Prime so will probably do that.  

She would get the game on the 16th right?

Anything else to be aware of?  

Does anyone play NBA 2K?

Woman at work wants to preorder it for her son. There are 3 editions of the physical (and I assume digital).

The $99.96 (before $19.99 off for Prime) version Elite Gold comes with 100K Virtual Currency. I assume to buy players or something in game? What is 100K virtual currency worth?

Yeah, the VC is for perks in career mode and card packs in their version of Madden Ultimate Team.

Does anyone play NBA 2K?

Woman at work wants to preorder it for her son. There are 3 editions of the physical (and I assume digital).

The $99.96 (before $19.99 off for Prime) version Elite Gold comes with 100K Virtual Currency. I assume to buy players or something in game? What is 100K virtual currency worth?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/353046-psnot-30-the-best-thread-on-cag-anymore/page-855#entry13432088

lol

Sounds like other people were having trouble with Amazon preorders not arriving on release day.

Don't know why someone would choose the $100 version unless they really want that Kobe Bryant stuff.

Sounds like other people were having trouble with Amazon preorders not arriving on release day.

Don't know why someone would choose the $100 version unless they really want that Kobe Bryant stuff.
Yeah I have been reading through some stuff and other then the 100K currency don't see much with any real value. I assume unless you are super competitive most people would just rank up the normal way and earn the VC in game? 200K points goes for $50 so those 100K points are 'worth' $25 maybe.

I don't care about 99% of the physical stuff they add like posters and cards. Thought there some sort of season pass but doesn't seem so. Just 2 digital items to be released later. Probably something exciting like Air Jordans or something lame.

I will ask her if her son cares about all that physical crap and is likely to be playing this game in 2 months.

I guess the $60 standard game is good enough?

It is for her sons Bday so not sure if release day shipping is that important. I certainly wouldn't pay a $12 premium for that though. I could just pick it up for her at lunch time at BB though. She could end up with a month of free Prime anyway.

Buy the game for her with your Best Buy account and just have her pay you the cash back. Best Buy will get it there on release day.

Then collect your sweet, sweet, $10 certificate.

Looks like you get it 4 days early when you preorder? 

Buy the game for her with your Best Buy account and just have her pay you the cash back. Best Buy will get it there on release day.

Then collect your sweet, sweet, $10 certificate.

Looks like you get it 4 days early when you preorder?
Yeah you get it on the 16th. Probably just easier for her to order it on her Amazon account. I will mention that some people have had issues with Amazon release day delivery but not sure if he is getting it on his Bday or on release day anyway.

metal gear survive might be an awesome game, it's not like konami doesn't have a massive history of making awesome games.  they should've just left the metal gear name off of it.

Thanks guys.  Looks like she will go with the $79.99 middle version of NBA 2k17.  He wants that Kobe stuff which you don't get with the base version.  Misses out on one of the Kobe physical cards but gets the rest.  She is also going to sign up for Best Buy GCU and get a $10 cert.  He isn't getting the game till the week after so a potential Amazon prime delay wouldn't have mattered.

4.00 firmware is pretty good. I've run into some bugs. One of which is a long standing one and isn't unique to 4.00: if you insert a disc before logging in it won't jump to the front of the icons when you login. Worse, if it's a bluray or I think just a game you've never installed, then it won't appear at all. You have to eject it with the button on the console and then reinsert it while logged in. So annoying. I reported it. Let's see if they actually listen.

And I might be the only person on the planet that genuinely likes the TMNT game.  it's far from the goat, but from beginning to end I had fun with it.  all the platinum-y mechanics stuff (last second dodge, parry, etc) are virtually useless, but their cartoony engine is looking real good, the game moves fast and I like the weird semi-random structure to the levels.  and the upgrade/charm/leveling system is pretty fun, although I wish it was just point based and not crafting based.  tyler pointed out to me that there's maybe three environments in the whole game (outside in the city, in the sewers, and the tcri building) but even being told that it didn't bug me too bad since they at least vary them a bit between reuses.  

I'm still playing through again on hard when I can find randoms playing that difficulty.  The AI just isn't prepared for anything above normal.  I guess most people won't like the game based on reviews and opinions, but if you like ninja turtles I don't think it's a bad idea to pick up for cheap to play through it on easy.

4.00 firmware is pretty good. I've run into some bugs. One of which is a long standing one and isn't unique to 4.00: if you insert a disc before logging in it won't jump to the front of the icons when you login. Worse, if it's a bluray or I think just a game you've never installed, then it won't appear at all. You have to eject it with the button on the console and then reinsert it while logged in. So annoying. I reported it. Let's see if they actually listen.
I noticed this disc issue recently while putting in my workout DVDs. It is annoying.

This is a pretty interesting way to make an announcement:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/765905296568967168

I started a PSNOT NFL picks group on the ol' ESPN if people wanna join for the upcoming season.  Free to play.  Set it up "confidance" format, so after you pick each game, you assign each one a point value from 1-16 (or however many games there are that week), with 16 being your most confident game (Packers vs anyone) and 1 being your least confideant (Seahawks vs Cards).  Then you add the point values for the ones you got right.

Anyway, here's the details if you wanna join:

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/en/group?invitesource=email&groupID=102158&inviteuser=ezBEQTY3QzUyLUJGQTQtMTFEMi05NEU3LTAwNjBCMDY3RDhFRH0%3D&ex_cid=ex_cid%3Dpigskin%3F%3F%3F%3F_email&groupp=cmVoYXNo

Group: PSNOT Picks '16
Password: rehash

Vig: Just finished the hard run on Hatsune Miku Diva F 2nd and am now running through a bunch of the non-gaming trophies. It's a shame the trophy lists for these games are filled with stupid shit because the songs and gameplay are ridiculously fun. Pretty tempted to grab Diva X when it releases in a couple of weeks.

Vig: Just finished the hard run on Hatsune Miku Diva F 2nd and am now running through a bunch of the non-gaming trophies. It's a shame the trophy lists for these games are filled with stupid shit because the songs and gameplay are ridiculously fun. Pretty tempted to grab Diva X when it releases in a couple of weeks.
I think a few of those trophies were made a bit easier if you worked on the stupid stuff in Diva Mode at the same time as the songs. You might have one heck of a grind ahead of you if you didn't.

I think a few of those trophies were made a bit easier if you worked on the stupid stuff in Diva Mode at the same time as the songs. You might have one heck of a grind ahead of you if you didn't.
I'm not going to go for the trophies for doing all the random activities or buying every single item. I've got 1.5M+ just from playing the game, so I'll use that to buy all the immediately accessible stuff, then bribe the characters to like me to get those trophies. I'll use save scumming to make sure I don't run out of money, but that approach locks you out of getting all the characters maxed at the same time which means you can't buy every item. It's the same approach I took for the first game. Should take about an hour to get all the trophies I'm willing to bother with.

bread's done
Back