PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Is it?

IS IT???

grid-cell-5261-1469595036-9.jpg
Yep, still crazy. Not even debatable for me.

fwiw I've never been good at street fighter and I'd never put any effort into sf4. It took me about 200 matches with one character to get out of bronze rank and I've never had more than 2500 rank points at once. You learn a lot by going online and getting repeatedly thrashed.

I wanted to get better so that's the entertainment I've gotten out of it. It's like anything else - you'll suck at first. If you just want to dick around and not progress going online in sf5 where everyone is pretty serious probably isn't fun. But if you want a peek behind the curtain and are willing to put in the time it can be pretty satisfying once you start getting 9-10 wins in a row.

But you don't suck mikd. You play so many fighting games you know what your doing from the start. You suck compared to guys who only play that one game. But to the rest of us thst dont play many fighting games your pretty good.

#perspective

Last edited by a moderator:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided reviews:

Push Square (7/10): http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/deus_ex_mankind_divided

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an intricate, intelligent journey through a well crafted cyberpunk world. Eidos Montreal's creation tries its hand at many things, offering an impressive amount of player choice, but it struggles to excel in any one particular area. As a result, we're left with a game that's solid when taken as a whole, but flawed when analysed piece by piece. Still, a great art style, a compelling plot, and a rewarding sense of progression do a lot to bolster the experience, ultimately contributing to a successful sequel.
Destructoid (8/10): https://www.destructoid.com/review-deus-ex-mankind-divided-379879.phtml

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't succeed in making me care about the plight of humans and augs, but it still pulled me into its compelling cloak-and-dagger world where people in capes can turn invisible and shoot balls of lightning out of their arm. Oh, and your aug doctor looks just like Prince, so it's in the running for GOTY.
Gamespot (8/10): http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/deus-ex-mankind-divided-review/1900-6416497/

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided refines and reinforces the defining foundations of the series. It creates challenging situations and gives players the tools and flexibility to deal with them in a multitude of ways, all within an absorbing cyberpunk world. Although not a significant departure from Human Revolution, Mankind Divided is still a uniquely fulfilling experience, one which feels rare in games today.
IGN (9.2/10): http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/deus-ex-mankind-divided-review

Aside from the smaller-feeling plot, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided improves upon its excellent predecessor in every other way. Its impeccably designed environments are flush with possibility, remaining completely coherent while supporting a wide variety of routes and character builds, and Jensen’s prodigious new feats of techno-wizardry make add new dimension to both combat and exploration. Mankind Divided never stopped challenging me or rewarding my curiosity, which pushed me to thoroughly explore its beautiful, ruined world while carefully weighing my decisions along the way.

I haven't played any of the Deus Ex games. This one has my interest though. Will probably give it a try at $20 or so.
It didn't take too long for Human Revolution to drop to sub-$20; I think Mankind Divided could be $40 by Black Friday and $20 within 6 months. I still need to finish the former, so I'm in no rush to get the latter.

Doesn't look like Shadow Complex is going to run out. They aren't even on to the 2nd batch. The first batch is still available. Maybe this is the first LRG flop?

lol Nintendo

https://twitter.com/Warchamp7/status/766356764509995008/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(Yes, they changed the art from the re-used soup can "design".)

Why even get ME at this point when they just talked about putting out a remaster on PS4?
Shit, did they? I've been waiting so long because I was expecting the remaster but haven't seen anything so I said fuck it. Ah well. Maybe I'll just bump it up the backlog, if I finish it before the remaster comes out, I won't be mad.

Doesn't look like Shadow Complex is going to run out. They aren't even on to the 2nd batch. The first batch is still available. Maybe this is the first LRG flop?
They printed way more copies than they do on most games. Good. They should. Shit doesn't have to sell out in 15 minutes to be profitable.

They printed way more copies than they do on most games. Good. They should. Shit doesn't have to sell out in 15 minutes to be profitable.
Yes, I'm sure their main motivation for low print runs is to sell out quickly. That makes way more sense than a bigger run costing more up front and causing more risk of loss if the games don't sell out.

Yes, I'm sure their main motivation for low print runs is to sell out quickly. That makes way more sense than a bigger run costing more up front and causing more risk of loss if the games don't sell out.
They could take that risk if all their games were as high quality as Shadow Complex, rather than shit like Breach and Clear and Futuridium.

They could take that risk if all their games were as high quality as Shadow Complex, rather than shit like Breach and Clear and Futuridium.
True. But the slower sales might have them a bit worried--from a consumer standpoint it's great to not miss a chance to buy the game, but from a selling standpoint they want to sell every copy quickly. I'm sure Shadow Complex cost them more than B&C did, so the larger print run was probably an additional risk they had to take to break even. If the run doesn't sell out then they might stick to smaller titles and smaller prints.

Finished off the No Man Sky plat this morning.  Honestly, it started out fun for the first few planets but it gets old really quick as there is little variety between the planets themselves and your overall actions of mindless resource gathering.  The ship "combat" was also a joke, I've seen PS2 games with more depth in that area.  No way it was worth full price but hopefully Best Buy puts up a good trade value for it next week.

Finished off the No Man Sky plat this morning. Honestly, it started out fun for the first few planets but it gets old really quick as there is little variety between the planets themselves and your overall actions of mindless resource gathering. The ship "combat" was also a joke, I've seen PS2 games with more depth in that area. No way it was worth full price but hopefully Best Buy puts up a good trade value for it next week.
There's a 50% TIV bonus next week, isn't there?

Edit:

Yep, 8/21-8/27 on all PS4/XB1 games.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357703-best-buy-ad-821-827-50-trade-in-bonus-on-xb1ps4-games/

wild arms 3 over dark cloud 2?

also dragon age goty is solid at 15, since all 3 dlcs sell that price by themselves

i was contemplating another world for 1.50 but it is so bad, im even passing yorbie

wild arms 3 over dark cloud 2?
also dragon age goty is solid at 15, since all 3 dlcs sell that price by themselves
i was contemplating another world for 1.50 but it is so bad, im even passing yorbie
Dark Cloud 2 is easily the better game.

Only thing I might get is finally break down and get Soldner X2. And think again about picking up a Battlefield game.

For those not checking the main page, ebay is doing another $15 off $75 coupon for another 4 hours (4 PM PST)

Code: CPREP4SCHOOL16

PS: Used it to finally get a 2 TB hard drive. I'm gonna be rolling in unplayed games!

Wow. There's nothing I want on PSN this week, yet the Nintendo eShop has plenty for me to buy in their sale. This is weird. Do I need a doctor?

#drluigi

bread's done
Back